GT6: How much longer?

• Thread starter cjr3559
  • 44 comments
I am guessing the GT6 servers will shut down in about 2 years and 4 months.

GT Sport is going to be this year's PD release. I don't foresee GT7 coming out until sometime before Christmas 2017. If GT5 is any indicator, GT6 servers will be shut down the following May.

I am guessing the GT6 servers will shut down in about 2 years and 4 months.

GT Sport is going to be this year's PD release. I don't foresee GT7 coming out until sometime before Christmas 2017. If GT5 is any indicator, GT6 servers will be shut down the following May.

Question is Chrunch, which console will GT7 be on? :lol:

Eks
I thought you were right on the money last time, Samus:

:P

Anyway, I'm betting that GT6's online service will be shut down ~6 months after the release of GT7, just like GT5 before it.
I think GT HD Concept's leaderboards are still running. Just pointing that out (i know it doesn't mean jak, it's just neat).
Someone named "wheats" posted a time on the 16th in the Celica rally car. The physics feel similar to FM5 (never played FM6) with the controller. Vehicle behavior input isn't instantaneous making it feel twitchy. You have to be really smooth to not spin out. I was using the tuned Miata with "Normal 2" tires and breaking traction in first second and third gear was damn easy.

I guess it resets every week. The Cappucino's leaderboard has 10 entries since the 16th. Jimmys_GIjane13 is at the top. Fascinating. :)
Replays available of the top 5 best times.

They're all using Racing tires. Bunch of Earthlings. Second place ran it like they were playing Grand Theft Auto :lol:

Racing tires screw up the natural feeling of using a controller. Sooooo twitchy. Prefer normal tires here (using a controller) and racing tires in GT6.

Last edited:
VBR
I don't think it will be pulled as quickly as GT5 was, because both games were on the same console, so maybe they'll give people more time to transition to PS4. On the other hand, maybe they'll shut GT6 down online even quicker to force more PS4 sales when the next GT title hits the PS4.

If that happens i for one won't be buying PS4. i'll be going back to PC sim racing.

I hope they keep the servers up till at least 2018 Ideally switching to rent-a "quality" server model afterwards.
Though I do think we might have it on for a bit longer considering Sony owns GT6 and if GT Sport does not come out on PS3

GT5 was seeing updates right until the end, albeit many were forced because of modding.

I haven't seen a GT6 update in months and I've seen no discussion of any. There aren't even vision teasers anymore. We didn't get the Hyundai and Bugatti vision cars and it seems like vision is dead for GT6. (So much for the big wall of manufacturers).

I don't think the servers will stay up until GT7 releases. The servers will only stay up until shortly after GT Sport releases. So, by the end of this year, GT6 online will be finished by my reckoning.

GT5 was seeing updates right until the end, albeit many were forced because of modding.

I haven't seen a GT6 update in months and I've seen no discussion of any. There aren't even vision teasers anymore. We didn't get the Hyundai and Bugatti vision cars and it seems like vision is dead for GT6. (So much for the big wall of manufacturers).

I don't think the servers will stay up until GT7 releases. The servers will only stay up until shortly after GT Sport releases. So, by the end of this year, GT6 online will be finished by my reckoning.

I see where your coming from, but would closing the servers also shut down the TPE? It would be one of the shortest lived features in franchise history. And for that alone I'm thinking the servers will stay active another year.

I see where your coming from, but would closing the servers also shut down the TPE? It would be one of the shortest lived features in franchise history. And for that alone I'm thinking the servers will stay active another year.
Don't be too sure. I see this TPE receiving an update & being compatible with GTS or GT7 meaning they could kill off GT6 anytime but still keep the app alive.

Don't be too sure. I see this TPE receiving an update & being compatible with GTS or GT7 meaning they could kill off GT6 anytime but still keep the app alive.

It would be the only good reason for the app being separate from the game.

It's not like they made great fanfare about the TPE and the media didn't really either, I can see them just equally disabling it without much fanfare.

It's not like they made great fanfare about the TPE and the media didn't really either, I can see them just equally disabling it without much fanfare.
I agree the vanilla TPE is a pile of canine excrement that's very limited, but the custom TPE is much better, no limits, works on mobile phones, it should've been like this out the box then it would've received more praise.

I don't know if ridiculous mile-high gradient tracks , or glitchy path cross-overs, would've really received the sort of praise PD or Sony would've been looking for...

I don't know if ridiculous mile-high gradient tracks , or glitchy path cross-overs, would've really received the sort of praise PD or Sony would've been looking for...
If it we're done legitimately with bridge's or tunnels then yes it would, but until then we just got to keep driving through grass walls :)
(I don't care much for the extreme height maps either)

Back