GT6 ideas for GT Life and Main Menus

• Thread starter NISMO_GTR_
  • 175 comments
I like how GT life looks currently, and would be dissapointed if changed to what is shown here, i see no problem with the current menu, the menu isnt there to show us flashy backrounds, or our current car in full detail, its to navigate through the game. Wanna see your car? Go to photomode, and if you have so much time to say: "WOW, This menu is lacking detail.." then go watch all those pretty cutscenes on the main menu instead. Imagine loading a cutscene like that everytime you leave GT auto or the UCD? Well, Just my constructive critisism on this thread. Hell, give me GT4's menu back, ill forget GT life ever excisted :rolleyes:

Last edited:
GT5 needed a lot of changes when it came out, but PD hasn't addressed them and probably won't. They're much too busy with non game related events, like GT academy.

Just wait for GT6.

It would be nice to see an L shaped menu style. Where you have the main menu items vertically, and when you are "over them" a horizontal menu comes out for you to navigate. This would dramatically decrease the menu within a menu effect PD has going on and make it less of an eye sore.

< >
(Race)>a-spec/b-spec/practice/arcade
V < >
(Purchase vehicle)>new car/used car/OCD
V < >
(Change vehicle)>premium/standard/favorites

And so on...
I hope you get my drift, it would be very similar to the main play station menu. It would be nice to have selectable background as well, be able to select replays, slide show, showroom, current car in various photo mode locations or select to shuffle between all this. It would be nice to have like prologue and have various information displayed above as well, oh well, we can only dream.

NISMO_GTR_
thought this topic was dead lol

lowwatt you have inspired me to redraw the menu in paint.net ( i dont have a graphics tablet :( )

here is better look of the menu I had drawn

it still looks rough as its a quick mock up

I actually really like the circular set up of this one!

I really like the mockups! Honestly one of the best, most well done "wish list" threads I have ever seen. I really like the first mockup with the R33

I like the mock ups too. But I think GT6 should have GT4's menu because I played it today and I really like the idea of being able to buy performance parts from different companies. But I think that unlike GT4, GT6 should have more tuning companies, the prices varying from different companies and each company has different effects on your car's performance. That would be the best idea for GT6's menu in my opinion 👍 .

We've grown accustomed to the GT5 menu. Your mock-ups are amazing but it would be better to think about GT6's menu instead of wanting to change GT5's menu.

GT4 had the best GUIs of any GT I've played. What I really liked was the sorting of dealers by country. Also the sorting of cars by "new" or "historic". And who can forget manufacturer races? Tuner village was great. If only the ported the GT4 GUI along with all the cars, that would be great. I don't like the concept of having the GT5 GUI being displayed on a mobile phone, but that is what it looks like. Ever seen a windows phone?

GT4 had the best GUIs of any GT I've played. What I really liked was the sorting of dealers by country. Also the sorting of cars by "new" or "historic". And who can forget manufacturer races? Tuner village was great. If only the ported the GT4 GUI along with all the cars, that would be great. I don't like the concept of having the GT5 GUI being displayed on a mobile phone, but that is what it looks like. Ever seen a windows phone?

GT4 GUI/Map was a winner. I could have that for the next 5 GT games without a problem. It was classy, fresh and works really great!

gamerdog6482

That game was a classic compared to GT5 IMO and I think this one lacks that something special that the GT series has always had!! Plus 1000

GT4 GUI/Map was a winner. I could have that for the next 5 GT games without a problem. It was classy, fresh and works really great!

I agree, and I think that GT5's GUI needs an update. I really don't like the llok of the menu because it looks like it was designed to be used on a PC with a mouse, or a mobile phone. GT3's GUI was better as well.

For comparison:

GT5:
ugw9_d5f_uaiqm-640x426.jpg

Now, Windows 8:
290px-Windows_8_Release_Preview_Start_Screen.png

Tell me they don't look alike.

Menu system that displays and incorporates static and dynamic alterations allowing to display moving images and animated effects to enhance on screen arrangement, presentation and navigation.

There are threads open for this type of stuff already was what I said in your other thread.

Like the thread that says "things you'd like to see in GT6 besides cars and tracks" and this falls into that category.

Last edited:
I agree! GT6 should have a completely redesigned menu. One that isn't full of clutter and allows us to have easy access to any of the game modes or go directly online. It shouldn't be bureaucratic like GT5's menu.

For comparison:

GT5:
ugw9_d5f_uaiqm-640x426.jpg

Now, Windows 8:
290px-Windows_8_Release_Preview_Start_Screen.png

Tell me they don't look alike.

Windows 8 start up screen isn't showing up for me, check your URL for errors. But I managed to go on Google and I found this:

windows_8_metro_news.jpg

To me there is virtually no difference design-wise. And the design of Windows 8 is really, really bad in my opinion. I just hope that GT6 doesn't do a repeat of what GT5 did. I also hope that the menu in GT6 is more like GT4; that menu was perfect 👍 .

My pic worked before, but is broken now for me too. I also hate the Windows 8 GUI, but in a year or so I'm going to have to live with it...

Windows 8 start up screen isn't showing up for me, check your URL for errors. But I managed to go on Google and I found this:

windows_8_metro_news.jpg

To me there is virtually no difference design-wise. And the design of Windows 8 is really, really bad in my opinion. I just hope that GT6 doesn't do a repeat of what GT5 did. I also hope that the menu in GT6 is more like GT4; that menu was perfect 👍 .

I don't know if I'd call GT4 menu perfect, but I will say it was highly creative I would not mind going back to that style it was just too cool. :D

My pic worked before, but is broken now for me too. I also hate the Windows 8 GUI, but in a year or so I'm going to have to live with it...

Why would you have to live with it? I'd rather commit suicide than use the Windows 8 GUI. I also still have Windows XP and Vista on my computer :) .

Back