GT6 ideas for GT Life and Main Menus

• Thread starter NISMO_GTR_
  • 175 comments
I would have to live with it because I am going to build a new computer soon, and I don't want to end up falling behind like I did all those years ago when Windows Vista came out. I still use Windows XP from 2003, and there is so much stuff I can't do.

I would have to live with it because I am going to build a new computer soon, and I don't want to end up falling behind like I did all those years ago when Windows Vista came out. I still use Windows XP from 2003, and there is so much stuff I can't do.

Get Windows 7 instead. It has a GUI that is much more appealing to the eyes at least. Or, get Windows Vista.

A year form now Vista is going to be SO outdated, it will take years before 8 is.
Besides, USB 3.0!

If Vista is outdated, then what is Windows XP :odd: ? And hahaha, USB 3.0 :lol: .

I'd rather use Vista then look at that horrible Windows 8 menu.

I like how GT life looks currently, and would be dissapointed if changed to what is shown here, i see no problem with the current menu, the menu isnt there to show us flashy backrounds, or our current car in full detail, its to navigate through the game. Wanna see your car? Go to photomode, and if you have so much time to say: "WOW, This menu is lacking detail.." then go watch all those pretty cutscenes on the main menu instead.
Congratulations, this is the Summer 2012 dumbest post.

GT5 prologue menu was almost perfect.
Why oh why PD.

I like how GT life looks currently, and would be dissapointed if changed to what is shown here, i see no problem with the current menu, the menu isnt there to show us flashy backrounds, or our current car in full detail, its to navigate through the game. Wanna see your car? Go to photomode, and if you have so much time to say: "WOW, This menu is lacking detail.." then go watch all those pretty cutscenes on the main menu instead. Imagine loading a cutscene like that everytime you leave GT auto or the UCD? Well, Just my constructive critisism on this thread. Hell, give me GT4's menu back, ill forget GT life ever excisted :rolleyes:

So what you're basically saying is that you like the Windows 8 GUI? I know people have different opinions on different things, but at least in my opinion, the menu in GT5 needs some serious improvements. It has an un-organized look to it and it looks very cluttered.

And yes, I do agree that a menu is designed to navigate through the game, but does that mean it's against the law for a menu to be appealing to the eyes?

Why would you have to live with it? I'd rather commit suicide than use the Windows 8 GUI.

Firstly, I would like to say great job on the UI mock ups! :) I really like the clean, simple nature of it all.👍

I have to admit I am not the biggest fan of the current GT5 menus, however I personally like the design philosophy of Windows 8, not sure if its just me but I like the idea of tiles to navigate around the menus. Its just they need to be re-organised making the UI easy to understand, and changed to vital functions we want to get to fast without the fuss of loading multiple menus, drilling down into each menu to get to what we want as people have previously mentioned.

But yeah definitely keep this thread alive as I feel it has a lot of potential. Great work! :)👍

Many thanks

Brad:)

GT4HD Demo had the best looking menu. It looked really professional too and was so much better than the current GT5 menu.

Here are some new or updated screens I have been working on recently.

I have presened the screens below in the order in which they would be navigated. Also, please click them for the 1920 x 1080 resolution and put them on your tv for best results.
There is also a 'Video Wall' where you can save your favourite replays and present them for download by others, have them rated or export them to Playstation Vita.

T7SMu.jpg

mmUZI.jpg

ZYA70.jpg

8WtKr.jpg

QLqre.jpg

The whole menu system needs a huge overhaul for sure. Those ideas above are nice, a bit more professional version of that would be very nice.

I just hope PD swallow their pride and hire someone who is a professional at UI design and creation. Because after five games it's clear nobody inside PD has those skills.

I hope the menus get an overhaul.

The number of button presses needed to get from a Race Screen, to a car, to a garage, to a tune, then back out, and eventually back into the race start screen is ridiculous.

I would like to see a buttom combo, one that would not serve a purpose anyware in the game... say R2 and L2 simultaneously - created a "hold" on a certain screen - eg the start screen for a race.

You could go anywhere, garage, tune, etc. do your thing and then press R2 and L2 again and you would immediately go to the screen you put a "hold" or "lock" on.

Would be quite convenient actually.

I have presened the screens below in the order in which they would be navigated. Also, please click them for the 1920 x 1080 resolution and put them on your tv for best results.
There is also a 'Video Wall' where you can save your favourite replays and present them for download by others, have them rated or export them to Playstation Vita.

Gorgeous 👍

Games from the 16-Bit era like Top Gear 2 (SNES), Nigel Mansell Championship (SNES) and Super Monaco GP 2 (Mega Drive) certainly have better menu's screens than GT5. And those games are over 20 years old. Now that shames GT5!

*Menus*

It might just be me, but those menus have a slight hint of Gran Turismo 4 with a twist to it. I wouldn't mind at all if GT6 had this exact same menu.

Generally speaking more text, lesser the pictures. Apart from backround pictures of your choice.
First picture in the OP is more than okay for me. Maybe in the place of original GT5 tiles it will be better to have GT1/2 ones.

I like how GT life looks currently, and would be dissapointed if changed to what is shown here, i see no problem with the current menu, the menu isnt there to show us flashy backrounds, or our current car in full detail, its to navigate through the game. Wanna see your car? Go to photomode, and if you have so much time to say: "WOW, This menu is lacking detail.." then go watch all those pretty cutscenes on the main menu instead. Imagine loading a cutscene like that everytime you leave GT auto or the UCD? Well, Just my constructive critisism on this thread. Hell, give me GT4's menu back, ill forget GT life ever excisted
So what you're basically saying is that you like the Windows 8 GUI? I know people have different opinions on different things, but at least in my opinion, the menu in GT5 needs some serious improvements. It has an un-organized look to it and it looks very cluttered.

And yes, I do agree that a menu is designed to navigate through the game, but does that mean it's against the law for a menu to be appealing to the eyes?
I thought he's basically saying that GT4 is simply the best and GT5 not too bad either (better than what's shown here - his opinion).

Well, I agree with him. 👍
GT4HD Demo had the best looking menu. It looked really professional too and was so much better than the current GT5 menu.
Wasn't it the same as in GT4?
Btw, what for a demo? I think you mean the GTHD one.... but that had nothing to do with GT4.

Last edited:
Back