GT6 "leak" impressions?

• Thread starter Dwight_C
  • 342 comments
I'm curious to know if when you play online in a night race if all the headlights will then be illuminated? hard to tell unless you can access online yet, but that'd be the bigger deal breaker for me. i barely played gt5's career mode, its mostly online for me.

There will be enough people in the photomode threads who will value the night skies over an engine swap capability in GT6 - like so many things, those points are subjective.
Well then those people aren't real racers,I like taking photos as much as the next guy and I've posted some of them in the photomode thread,but last I check'd this wasn't a photography simulator and the Drifting and Racing threads are much bigger than the photomode thread so I'd beg to differ.

Actually GT6 has far better night racing. Because the players car headlights works much better which is most important for driving. If you pass some other cars it really does not matter. Moreover in many circumstances the player will be on his own. Daytona night video looked better than I thought.

I wouldn't call it far better, at best it's swings and roundabouts.

For me, racing is against other cars. If there's other cars ahead of me, then I can use their headlights to see what's coming. Even if everyone's headlights appear to be on low beam.

If you enjoy racing by yourself, you'll probably like GT6 more. If you like racing against other cars, you'll probably prefer GT5s way.

++ :cool:
  • Upgraded RUF models
  • All cars can be purchased from the dealership
  • More (and better) rims to chose from
  • Moon looks like a blast
  • All the new tracks
  • Menu looks a lot better with a lot less loading time
  • All the new cars

+ :)
  • Racing suits and helmets can be purchased
  • Paint chips reusable (right?)
  • Lights during night time looks a lot better
  • Paintable base models
  • Smoke effects look better
0 :indiff:
  • Lots of standards didn't get an upgrade
  • No livery editor

? :confused:
  • Course maker (patch?)
  • KW Suspension rig (patch?)
  • Speed/acceleration test (patch?)
  • Online gameplay?
  • Seasonal events?
  • DeltaWing (will it come back?)
  • How many features are waiting to be added through patches?
  • Can wings be removed or not?
  • Shifter karts - will I actually use them?

- 👎
  • Only your own headlights light up the environment
-- :(
  • The game is still several days away
Best use of smiley's I've ever seen..:lol::gtpflag:

So to summarise the leaks as factually yet pessimistically as possible.... (IMHO)

- Previous GT5 premiums don't appear to have any improvements in interior functions (working clocks, odometers, etc) or exterior accuracy (ride heights, wheel modeling/offsets, etc)

- The 365 'Daytona' has inverted speedo and tach. The odometer and oil pressure gauge don't work while the clock is hidden behind the steering wheel so can't tell if it does.

- The Shelby GT500's speedo seems to be calibrated wrongly to kph. The fuel gauge seems locked to E. (Inverted the positions of F and E?) The odometer does seem to be working (it flickers in the drivingconcept video). The rest of the dash center display is in the main menu which is OK but I'll rather it was in the track apps' accelerometer mode.

- The Huayra's oil pressure gauge and odometer don't work.

(The above 4 pretty much shoot down the claims on the official website regarding dashboard instruments.):grumpy:

- The LFA Nurb's wheels are very inaccurate as a whole.

- Sounds are mostly yet to be improved. Especially regarding the allocation of sound samples.

- Aerodynamic drag simulation doesn't quite seem improved yet.

- Not all standards have improvements to modeling. (Which I don't really mind TBH.)

That being said, I'll won't pass absolute judgement until the 'big' patch and driving impressions from wheel users. G27's getting kinda dusty over there....

Well, the PS3 is a great machine, but it can't do everything. GT7 for the PS4 should be able to fix that.

You nailed it. Rather fps than jaw dropping grafics.
Plus bringing out the game brings up the errors more quickly, so PD can fix them.... except things like the speedo in the Ferrari... :(

O yeah, the Honda Fit thing. Thanks PD, now i can stop thinking of which car i will pick 1st. Well nothing else to do than choose car nr.2 :cheers:

- The 365 'Daytona' has inverted speedo and tach. The odometer and oil pressure gauge don't work while the clock is hidden behind the steering wheel so can't tell if it does.

That being said, I'll won't pass absolute judgement until the 'big' patch and driving impressions from wheel users. G27's getting kinda dusty over there....

Yeah... the guy who put that up was comparing two totally different cars!!

^True. Considering that the rear tires also don't fit properly onto the wheels, I suspect a case of the 'really rushed' premium for the game reveal a few months back, similar to the Gallardo and C3 'Vette.

There is no such car in GT6. There is a Ferrari 356 GTB4 though, could this explain why game versus real world comparisons do not match? It seems it might be related to the following:

Yeah... the guy who put that up was comparing two totally different cars!!

I must be mistaken. I was relying on a YouTube upload which refers to the car as Ferrari 356 GTB4 and which I always thought it was anyway. Forget what I said then.

I thought something was not right there as well, so I checked the dealership video too. It's definitely the 365 GTB4 '71 that's in GT6.

Well, regardless of whether it's 356 or 365 (and I'm quite sure it's the latter), the non-working/switched instruments still apply. Fingers crossed PD notices and patches the tach/speedo at least.

Well, regardless of whether it's 356 or 365 (and I'm quite sure it's the latter), the non-working/switched instruments still apply. Fingers crossed PD notices and patches the tach/speedo at least.

I remember PD fixed a similar problem for the Silvia S13 a short time after GT5 was released, so there is hope. 👍

I wouldn't call it far better, at best it's swings and roundabouts.

For me, racing is against other cars. If there's other cars ahead of me, then I can use their headlights to see what's coming. Even if everyone's headlights appear to be on low beam.

If you enjoy racing by yourself, you'll probably like GT6 more. If you like racing against other cars, you'll probably prefer GT5s way.

From gameplay perspective you just need enough light, much better than GT5 to drive properly. So players light is most important. I agree it helps if car is in front which can be used as reference for braking point like in shift2 unleashed night racing. From the videos it looks much better than GT5

Well then those people aren't real racers,I like taking photos as much as the next guy and I've posted some of them in the photomode thread,but last I check'd this wasn't a photography simulator and the Drifting and Racing threads are much bigger than the photomode thread so I'd beg to differ.
Oh dear - you don't want to go around saying people aren't real racers if they enjoy what photomode has to offer - I mean, have you considered that perhaps they can enjoy racing as much as the rest...but enjoy photomode as well?

I enjoy all that GT has to offer including, but not limited to, photomode, cruising online, racing leagues online, drag racing online, career mode, b-spec, test track, etc. I love the fact that GT6 has a bad@$$ night sky for us to use as a backdrop, just as much as I love the updated physics. :rolleyes:

...I love the fact that GT6 has a bad@$$ night sky for us to use as a backdrop, just as much as I love the updated physics. :rolleyes:
And not only is this night sky a great backdrop for photos but it makes driving a lot more interesting. I don't know about you guys but racing with a day/night cycle or weather always seemed much more exciting to me, I was doing a few last races in Gt5 today for old times' sake, and racing the Tesla at Le Mans from 8PM onwards was really fun because every moment was different. (or it was fun until I went to the pit lane and my car sat there for 2 whole minutes while somebody poured petrol on it...)

Oh dear - you don't want to go around saying people aren't real racers if they enjoy what photomode has to offer - I mean, have you considered that perhaps they can enjoy racing as much as the rest...but enjoy photomode as well?qpe
I never said u couldn't enjoy photomode,like I said I enjoy it to but if you're putting more time into taking shots than racing cars and if you would rather stars in the sky than engine swaps I wouldn't call you a real racers.At the end of the day you put it to a vote more people will pick engine swaps over stars.

I don't know about you guys but racing with a day/night cycle or weather always seemed much more exciting to me

Night cycles and weather do absolutely nothing for me. In GT5 all rain did was make races much easier because the AI went potato when it rained, just like the real world.
At the same time, I know people enjoy it so I won't say it's a waste of time.

Wow not even the AI's headlights show up at night smh thats terrible,thought it was only an online thing.

The players car will have enough to drive in night. Playing online each individual players car light will work. So each one will be able to drive. They could have added lights for all cars during replay as it is fixed at 30fps. But for gameplay perspective they did much better job this time

The short comings of career mode is probably due to PD under pressure to release the game on schedule, and hopefully add extra content later such as the course maker. When held up against content of previous Gran Turismos, GT6 is lacking for sure, but its not the final product. Over the next 12 months maybe some of the highlighted problems will be addressed via patches. I'm happy enough to race on the new tracks and try out the new cars.

The players car will have enough to drive in night. Playing online each individual players car light will work. So each one will be able to drive. They could have added lights for all cars during replay as it is fixed at 30fps. But for gameplay perspective they did much better job this time
Do you think it will be in the first day patch?

Back