GT6 "leak" impressions?

• Thread starter Dwight_C
  • 342 comments
United States
United States
Dwight_C
After seeing the "leaked" information, I am thoroughly impressed, and happy with my decision to purchase the game. The standard cars look like they got a pretty decent makeover, and I am happy with the condition the 'standards' are in this time around. I mean, come on guys, we are dealing with cars that were designed for the ps2, and cleaned up for the ps3, what more do you want? The tracks look awesome, the menus look more user-friendly, and the new premium models are no doubt, going to be amazing. How about everyone post their thoughts on this thread, in order to keep the "leak" threads Q/A only. It will help us get answers more quickly without the authors having to scroll through "I'm getting a refund", and "I wanted stickers for my car", etc.

I was a bit worried about the Standards, but I guess they are improved.. My concerns are really around being able to fill wheel arches better and if damage stays on vehicles.. just makes the cars feel a bit more like you own them..

I think lighting model is even better than I expected. Not a fan of Apricot Hill, but that night shot is super.

It is clear a lot of time has been spent on these environmental elements. Basically, this element of the game I was least excited about, is the most exciting thing right now.

Disappointing that the tuning options seem very similar.

To early to call on the rest of it.

Overall, it is pretty much as expected. Still keen as ever to see the 6th...

Don't get where you guys note these improvements on standards. All i've seen so far is one set of headlights that look better compared to the ones in GT5 (yellowbird ones)...

Anyway to answer the OP's question, my expectations have gone downwards but there's still a lot we have to learn in the coming days.

I'm not impressed at all to be frank. It's pretty much GT5 +20% more content and hopefully cleaned online. This looks increasingly more like GT5 Spec III to me.
I'm still getting it on the release date only because I preordered it at a fairly good price and I'm not sure I will be able to play it by the time its price drops significantly below that.

Last edited:
I am quite impressed with most of what has been shown. However, I still have a few concerns, but I am confident that they will be addressed in the day one patch.

No way cancelling my preorder. In fact, I am looking forward to it more!

I'm also more excited now than I was before.

I was worried about the standard cars remaining the same, but since we finally get to see them all cleaned up and visually updated, I'm very happy.

The events may see fun by finishing said license events to unlock new features.

Still worried about the rally physics though.

So far I'm pretty impressed, but will like to see other stuff like auro parts and want to know about the rally physics.

I expected worse than what I have seen so far, but I can't really tell how good or bad it is before I get my own hands on it. Only real downside for me is that a few cars I had hoped would be upgraded to premium still are standard models. I hope some of the promised DLC will fix that. On the other hand, there are so many other new cars I can't wait to drive.

Don't get where you guys note these improvements on standards. All i've seen so far is one set of headlights that look better compared to the ones in GT5 (yellowbird ones)...

Anyway to answer the OP's question, my expectations have gone downwards but there's still a lot we have to learn in the coming days.
You probably need to see them side by side to make a real judgement. PD didn't say every standard would be improved anyway - it was always just said that the bad ones would be improved. So basically the bad alpha channel texture stuff would be gone. Jaggy wheel arches and lights should now be a thing of the past.

These "leaks" have done nothing to convince me so far. I'll make my own judgements when I get the game.

Who else has a game on the forum? I can't handle all the questions, will someone else be available?
Don't worry, just enjoy the game and write down some nice detailed posts now and then with your general impressions as you progress. If you would have to answer all the questions you wouldn't finish before the 6th of December haha :cheers:

You probably need to see them side by side to make a real judgement. PD didn't say every standard would be improved anyway - it was always just said that the bad ones would be improved. So basically the bad alpha channel texture stuff would be gone. Jaggy wheel arches and lights should now be a thing of the past.
So far you need a eagle eye and a microscope to spot any differences. :D

Take a look at the window frames on the Supra RZ in GT5 and then compare them with GT6. It certainly looks better now, but standard cars are still not looking good enough for contemporary standards, no pun intended.

Still worried about the rally physics though.

This is pretty much all I am worried about too. I hope they fixed the limited amount of degrees of rotation on the wheel while on a dirt or snow track.

If that is fixed then I mighy actually get into rally again.

I can notice cleaned up textures immediately.If you're looking for new models you will be disappointed.I'm just happy they have been cleaned up , I already knew most of the other stuff. LFA nurb edition was a surprise tho. Hopefully there are many more. Its funny that the upset people are upset with this little info given this early in the game because, I always thought a bunch of the people upset with GT5 got about as far as the guys who " leaked " this info, when they made their mind up about gt5.I'm not saying thats a bad thing, heck a lot of people made up their minds about gt6 when they played gt5.

They have removed the article from the news section!!

What was the .gif many on here posted earlier? Oh right! :D

ron-paul.gif

Wow. So mean today. :indiff:

Back