GT6 "leak" impressions?

• Thread starter Dwight_C
  • 342 comments
AI cars don't light up enviroment? Too bad they all worked in gt5 during rac- Oh wait.

863e107fe99098b759d42d92ef5cd384.png

the amount of stuff You people just find to complain about isn't even funny.

AI cars don't light up enviroment? Too bad they all worked in gt5 during rac- Oh wait.

Well if they're going to put night racing in the game it would be a good idea to get it right,I mean does that not make sense?

For those who want to drive, first impressions must be quite good I would think. For those who want to race, i'm not so sure :(

Think you may be on the money there

What are you talking about, who is complaining? Also we didn't know what to expect full on, them saying that we got a new tire model or new physics engine for this game different from the last 5 is like me telling you you're going to have dinner. It doesn't delve into what you're having when or other questions that nag, just saying it's going to be new is vastly vague. Either way I'd say this is an improvement over GT5.

Most of us have seen that trailer

Also I loved that they used Amon Tobin for the song in the trailer, makes me watch it again and again since release.

Brilliant piece of music I love the whole feel to the track almost subtle madness.

The funny thing is, even with the shortcut they took in GT5 a significant proportion of people never noticed, and really thought that every car was casting headlights.

I'm yet to see anyone who didn't almost immediately notice that the other cars weren't casting lights in the GT6 footage.

If nobody notices, it's not a crime. In fact you could call it fairly clever use of resources.

What about the camera bug? Sometimes the lower camera has a bug and it goes into a... truck mode? you can see the road from 2 or 3 meters high

I'm sold, I'll be preordering my digital version soon -

this video (finally a high quality capture) did it for me in an overall "nut shell" way - it just makes me tingle inside, in that relaxing lounge music way that only a GT game can do :)

That GT Feeling :) It only could be better if it was an used car at the beginning of the career.

Dear PD... why so few laps in races still? I always felt cheated out of really enjoying GT5 because B-Spec races were always longer than A-Spec ones. I'd rather have more laps but I assume that would require some more intelligent AI.

There will be enough people in the photomode threads who will value the night skies over an engine swap capability in GT6 - like so many things, those points are subjective.

I spend quite a lot of time in the Photomode section (which is the biggest sub-section other than the duplicate-ridden Q&A and the spam-happy Marketplace), and I certainly would rather have swaps than an "accurately rendered night sky". One extends the playability of the game. One doesn't.

This is a forum about racing games, people talk about standards, lights at night, sound, installation size, AI, but NOBODY shows any sort of interest for driving physics, the most important AND improved aspect of the whole game. Finally, GT doesn't feel like a floating camera, it is starting to behave like a proper simulator. MAN those people!

This is a forum about racing games, people talk about standards, lights at night, sound, installation size, AI, but NOBODY shows any sort of interest for driving physics, the most important AND improved aspect of the whole game. Finally, GT doesn't feel like a floating camera, it is starting to behave like a proper simulator. MAN those people!
The problem is, people's opinions regarding physics are so subjective. That's something that will have to wait until release.

I never said u couldn't enjoy photomode,like I said I enjoy it to but if you're putting more time into taking shots than racing cars and if you would rather stars in the sky than engine swaps I wouldn't call you a real racers.At the end of the day you put it to a vote more people will pick engine swaps over stars.
Debatable. Perhaps amongst the tuner fraternity this would have a higher focus, but there are also people who enjoy racing that don't necessarily rely that heavily on the tuning aspect; well, not to the extent of wanting full engine swaps over improved visuals.

Maybe you should start a poll - though these things are mostly subjective.

I spend quite a lot of time in the Photomode section (which is the biggest sub-section other than the duplicate-ridden Q&A and the spam-happy Marketplace), and I certainly would rather have swaps than an "accurately rendered night sky". One extends the playability of the game. One doesn't.
True, swaps would extend the gameplay - but presently that is not in the game and that shouldn't detract from what photomode does provide...which is what I understood was the point of MLRSparco's original comment.

Back