GT6 Licence Tests & Events ?

The license tests are important because Gran Turismo is a driving simulator. In the real world, there is always some kind of test that must be passed in order to get a license, I don't care what kind of license it is. Yes it sucks that the license tests in GT5 are largely irrelevant to progress in the game, but they are surely important to some noobs wanting to develop their skills. I say make the licenses required for race entry.

And bring qualifying back to A-spec! I'm tired of starting 12th all the time. Oh sorry, this isn't a wishlist o_O :P

They also need to bring back valuable prize cars, only available as prizes for winning the big races. Winning the Formula GT championship and then getting a Caterham Seven Fireblade was such a letdown. Felt good in older games to put a lot of time into a championship or endurance race and be rewarded for it.

Couldn't agree more!

As for the license tests wether they are mandatory or optional i will always try to gold them all as i have always done in every gt game and hope they keep them in every GT game in the future, it's one of the best aspects of the GT series in my opinion.

The license tests are important because Gran Turismo is a driving simulator. In the real world, there is always some kind of test that must be passed in order to get a license, I don't care what kind of license it is. Yes it sucks that the license tests in GT5 are largely irrelevant to progress in the game, but they are surely important to some noobs wanting to develop their skills. I say make the licenses required for race entry.

And bring qualifying back to A-spec! I'm tired of starting 12th all the time. Oh sorry, this isn't a wishlist o_O :P

Back to GRAN TURISMO 4 i was noob for noob skills i was horrible in every way on driving thanks to these tests things has changed , gran turismo 5 license test are there for no reason what so ever you don't need them to enter a race that was a mistake .

DGXR

Totally dissagree. Yes keep tests in for anyone who wants the challenge.

I am for opening things up. Do away with the RPG element that's creeping in.
Essentially GT is a sandbox game. Allow people to buy the cars they want. As long ad they gave the cash. Allow people to enter events. As long as they have the right car. Allow people the option to just buy the car from a dealer instead of waiting for months for it to show up.

Let people have fun with the tools provided.

Back to GRAN TURISMO 4 i was noob for noob skills i was horrible in every way on driving thanks to these tests things has changed , gran turismo 5 license test are there for no reason what so ever you don't need them to enter a race that was a mistake .

if you do the license tests right away on day one, you win cars and your driver points increase alowing you to sell said prize cars and start with a higher tier or spend entry money on mods for the prize cars for the a spec challenges.

imo i think points and licenses should be integrated so you have to unlock licenses by points and events by licenses which earn points to get the next license event.

more events are a must and i'd like to see more series in those events like fia super trucks, a touge championship, gymkanna, a more in depth point to point rally/baja/dakar.

Essentially GT is a sandbox game. Allow people to buy the cars they want. As long ad they gave the cash. Allow people to enter events. As long as they have the right car. Allow people the option to just buy the car from a dealer instead of waiting for months for it to show up.

Thats your answer .

This has been discussed and commented many times, but I'll say it once more.

GT6, please revert back to the traditional purpose of the license tests: acquiring license = ability to access more difficult races.

When you're playing GT5, I feel there is little to no progression. Sure, there's the level system but it's very....odd. It doesn't belong in my opinion. All cars should be purchasable from day one.

The older GT gave the gamers a rich feeling of progression throughout A-Spec. You knew you could not access a difficult race until you obtained an I-B, I-A or S license. GT5 absolutely killed this. And that's where GT lost its "Automobile RPG" sensation, among other things.

che69velle
imo i think points and licenses should be integrated so you have to unlock licenses by points and events by licenses which earn points to get the next license event.

I'm getting old. I'm struggling here.

Edit Punisher I agree fella.

I'm getting old. I'm struggling here.

Edit Punisher I agree fella.

you start at level 1 all that is avalible is beginner events and c license

you can run the license test and get prize cars to use in beginer events or buy a car and run the events. after you get 80% completion of beginner events you reach level 2 and unlock b license test which is required for amature events and so on.

See its the level thing that bothers me.
Ok a career mode might be an option but levelling up to 40 serves no purpose at all.

I like the idea of license tests for certain category of racing. That sounds realistic.
Prize cars only unlocked by winning a championship is great too.

Level 30 Aspec when I gave up on it. The game wants me to regrind events I've already won to advance further. Not 1 or 2 retry's, but loads.

Now if the fictional level indicator was introduced to keep players entertained or busy, I can honestly say it turned me away in my case.

No need for points.

Just to say if there welcome to add points to offer prizes at each level. I'm fine with that. Not to buy cars or enter events though.

che69velle
you start at level 1 all that is avalible is beginner events and c license

you can run the license test and get prize cars to use in beginer events or buy a car and run the events. after you get 80% completion of beginner events you reach level 2 and unlock b license test which is required for amature events and so on.

Edit sorry for double post.

That's not too bad actually. No grinding there. Great for offline.

Open up dealerships though. Oh and get rid of the money cap.

An idea just poped up in my mind , why don't they base the cars by your licenses ?

do you want ferrari f1 ? go get f1 license how about that ?

THEPUNISHER
An idea just poped up in my mind , why don't they base the cars by your licenses ?

do you want ferrari f1 ? go get f1 license how about that . ?

As a dream. To be able to start a career in Karting with a full season. On to Ginetta Juniors, fun cup, Clio cup, Porsche cup BTCC with full seasons would be an epic offline career mode.
Not nessecarily in that order. Maybe rallying may take your fancy or NASCAR.

Too big a scale though, for anyone to create that. . The ultimate life the life.

LOL Gran Turismo is most definitely *not* a sandbox game. Wouldn't it be more satisfying to earn the right to enter a high-level race? Then you know you really belong there, and can race competitively and cleanly and respectfully all at the same time? There doesn't seem to be much career or driving simulation in just entering any race at any time regardless of proving one's driving ability first.

Let's say it is the 10th day in Johnny's *real-life* racing career... is Johnny going to buy a $5 million race car and go dominate the competition? I really don't think so. Gran Turismo is a simulation, and there really should be a building-up period that leads to the higher-level racing classes. Arcade-style racing games are available out there too, and anyone wanting a wide-open racing world as soon as they put in the GT5 game disc, would have more fun playing NFS or Ridge Racer or something similar.

Last edited:
DGXR
LOL Gran Turismo is most definitely *not* a sandbox game. Wouldn't it be more satisfying to earn the right to enter a high-level race?

I'm assuming Jonny wasn't given the 5 million for his birthday.

I never said I'd like to see the in game currency go missing. Earning the cars is still a learning curve.

Retracing an event 50 times To increase a RPG level is non sense.

For Jonny to jump into an event he must earn the coin to get the car. Surely that's not as open as it sounds.

Remove the level system and go back to the normal licenses, with your license determining which Special Events you may enter.

Add race series to the Endurance Events. I want to race championships with long races for an authentic feel. Example: The NASCAR (endurance) Series has 160 laps at Indy and 200 at Daytona.

Have duplicate race series. Remember GT3 which had a drivetrain event for each different series? Do that, but don't forget to add new events.

Larger car fields, more AI per-race, have the AI make occasional mistakes, and no "Rabbit Cars". At least allow 24 cars per race, have 23 AI in higher level events, have the AI crash on occasion, and more importantly, don't have a single car fly away from the pack. Perhaps, have 7-8 cars stay up front, 10-12 cars drive moderately, and have the others make more mistakes.

Have specific rules for each series. Nobody wants to race in the NASCAR Series and not see a yellow flag after a few AI's crash.

More credits for finishing an event. I don't want to grind the GT World Championship just so I can buy a 1,000,000 credit car.

Make license tests more strict on dirty driving. Sometimes, I hit the wall very hard, or bump into other cars, and I don't fail. The real fail is that I don't fail when doing that stuff.

Remove bronze and silver prize cars. I would rather feel accomplished for actually trying with effort to win the prize car.

And please don't make us need to buy a car to go to the license tests in the first place.

Last edited:
I say A-Spec and B-Spec should NOT be separate events anymore, it's depressing and not much people likes that either. Like in GT4. Have both A & B Spec in ONE event together please and thank you, just like when your're in the pre race screen, you can either select go race (A-Spec) or be race manager (B-Spec).

I wouldn't mind seeing the times to achieve Gold, Silver & Bronze a little harder to achieve. The times to achieve Gold in GT5, in my opinion, were a little to easy for my liking.

Also, maybe add diamond, above Gold, which could represent the best time set by Kaz himself.

Also revert back to GT4 points system, to give it more of a challenge for us hardcore GT gamers

Last edited:
I say A-Spec and B-Spec should NOT be separate events anymore, it's depressing and not much people likes that either. Like in GT4. Have both A & B Spec in ONE event together please and thank you, just like when your're in the pre race screen, you can either select go race (A-Spec) or be race manager (B-Spec).

I agree, or have a proper management role like 'fifa championship manager' 👍

I completely agree with needing certain licenses for certain event but if the do keep the levels PLEASE TAKE THE LEVEL CAP OFF!!!! I know there is nothing need for over level 40 but when you have well OVER 2000 race wins I would like to have something to show for that other then the same "exact" level as everyone else (no disrespect) I'm just saying you can get to level 40 and quit playing or you can be like most Gran Turismo enthusiast and keep playing for another year plus! The enthusiast deserve more!!!!

I completely agree with needing certain licenses for certain event but if the do keep the levels PLEASE TAKE THE LEVEL CAP OFF!!!! I know there is nothing need for over level 40 but when you have well OVER 2000 race wins I would like to have something to show for that other then the same "exact" level as everyone else (no disrespect) I'm just saying you can get to level 40 and quit playing or you can be like most Gran Turismo enthusiast and keep playing for another year plus! The enthusiast deserve more!!!!

It's just a number dude. Your e-penis isn't going to get any bigger.

SimonK
It's just a number dude. Your e-penis isn't going to get any bigger.

*deleted* I'm not turning this good thread into a "E-penis size" argument... Post a plausible counter reason...

Last edited:
SimonK! I surprised at you. O_O

Anyway. If the levels are staying, please take them off the cars AND events. Both the cars and events don't NEED to have levels on them. I find it more fun to buy any car I want, and to enter any event when I want, not for a specific level to drive or enter in one that's no fun.

And for rally events where you race in circuit or point to point tracks, it'll be great to have either a male or female "co driver" with you directing you through the course. How cool would that be? I think there should be one, it'll make rally 10x more fun. :)

@N24_VANTAGE
Imagine that. I kept thinking it should have a similar one like in GT4 if it's okay. :)

Edit sorry for double post.

That's not too bad actually. No grinding there. Great for offline.

Open up dealerships though. Oh and get rid of the money cap.

the money cap is highly annoying, i still have memory cards with gt2 on it with $900,000,000+

Add race series to the Endurance Events. I want to race championships with long races for an authentic feel. Example: The NASCAR (endurance) Series has 160 laps at Indy and 200 at Daytona.

Larger car fields, more AI per-race, have the AI make occasional mistakes, and no "Rabbit Cars". At least allow 24 cars per race, have 23 AI in higher level events, have the AI crash on occasion, and more importantly, don't have a single car fly away from the pack. Perhaps, have 7-8 cars stay up front, 10-12 cars drive moderately, and have the others make more mistakes.

Have specific rules for each series. Nobody wants to race in the NASCAR Series and not see a yellow flag after a few AI's crash.

I think you're right here. All in all the races should be more authentic and realistic like in real life. In some races you've got such a awkward car mix now. Also they should add different classes in the same race like in real Le Mans.

What would be nice to have in my opinion is real-time weather for the real life based circuits.

jgancherjr
I'm just saying you can get to level 40 and quit playing or you can be like most Gran Turismo enthusiast and keep playing for another year plus! The enthusiast deserve more!!!!

I don't understand this level obsession. Ok if you get cars and money after each level then I can see a reason. Both Forza and GT do this.

Cars and money can't go in for eternity via levels though. They just increased Forzas from 150 to 999. Pointless really. If I'm painting or tuning I don't level up. I still an enthusiast though.

Should be easy for PD to apply of they want. Add levels and such but don't penalise players by there level. Licenses I can see are ok.

Keep your chin up guys, i'm sure Kaz and his team will eventually get the GT series up to the standard it should be at before it's to late

Old-man-with-Zimmer.jpg

Must of been a pad user in his time :sly::lol:

I recently started out writing my own events in Excel Sheet. It now contains over 600 races or over 60 championships and its not over :D

For licences it would be great to have similar system like in GTAcademy.
I mean friendlist positions and so.

Last edited:
GT6 really needs to add multiple class races, like the way Super GT and numerous other races are run, like you could pick one of several classes with individual PP limits and the final standings would show different standings for each class

Spagetti69
I don't understand this level obsession. Ok if you get cars and money after each level then I can see a reason. Both Forza and GT do this.

Cars and money can't go in for eternity via levels though. They just increased Forzas from 150 to 999. Pointless really. If I'm painting or tuning I don't level up. I still an enthusiast though.

Should be easy for PD to apply of they want. Add levels and such but don't penalise players by there level. Licenses I can see are ok.

I'm not asking for money and cars at each level just a higher level then level Forty, it's too easy to reach, I think from start you could probably reach it in less then a month.. Take Battlefield 3 for example, Colonel 99 would take forever to reach, a hell of a lot longer then one month.. I think people wouldn't be happy if they got to level 45 (Colonel) and that was it.. It's just little things like that that made it game of the year.. I think GT6 should use that as an example along with having to use, like BF3, a certain car, or atleast car class, "so many times" (like the guns) and at some point you begin unlocking upgrades and paints and vinyls for it, similar to Shift 2 or NFS Underground 2.. I know alot of people will argue this point but I think it would make for alot more gameplay and alot better drivers?

I'm not asking for money and cars at each level just a higher level then level Forty, it's too easy to reach, I think from start you could probably reach it in less then a month.. Take Battlefield 3 for example, Colonel 99 would take forever to reach, a hell of a lot longer then one month.. I think people wouldn't be happy if they got to level 45 (Colonel) and that was it.. It's just little things like that that made it game of the year.. I think GT6 should use that as an example along with having to use, like BF3, a certain car, or atleast car class, "so many times" (like the guns) and at some point you begin unlocking upgrades and paints and vinyls for it, similar to Shift 2 or NFS Underground 2.. I know alot of people will argue this point but I think it would make for alot more gameplay and alot better drivers?

I agree with in some points about the levels make it 100 BUT don't make those levels hold you back with races and cars just like bf3 or nfs more levels more upgrades and stuff .

in some points your idea is 👍 .

Back