GT6 Licence Tests & Events ?

N24_VANTAGE
Morning everyone :)

Was thinking about the next incarnation of our beloved series and wondered if there was any point in GT6 having licence tests as they seem to serve no purpose in GT5. Or perhaps make them so they do serve a purpose like in GT4 where you couldn't enter a series if you didn't hold the correct licence? Thoughts?

Also, what do you think GT6 should do with A-Spec (or GTLife) this time, I think more series, events, manufacture events and more races per events are needed. Back to the days of GT2-4 I think...

I know there are threads dedicated to GT6, but was hoping to keep this thread specific to the above points.

Or perhaps make them so they do serve a purpose like in GT4 where you couldn't enter a series if you didn't hold the correct licence? Thoughts?

Yes, exactly that. They need to ditch the level up system and go back to how it used to work, and work well.

Also, what do you think GT6 should do with A-Spec (or GTLife) this time, I think more series, events, manufacture events and more races per events are needed. Back to the days of GT2-4 I think...

Again, yes. 5x more events and all linked to licenses, not levels.

Well they already have the events from GT5, if all of those made it to GT6 and they doubled it I'd be happy. I also think they need to increase the levels.

If they had series in GT6 (like DTM, WRC, NASCAR....) they should divide those into a separate division and have a mini-season thing.
They should also bring those driving missions back, based off historic events, perhaps?

Perhaps giving us the option to run a race series, like DTM and WRC. Sort of an events calender for us to compete in. Then we could also have the normal a-spec events and enduro's but with more in them. For example:

British lightweights should have one in beginner league and one in professional with 3 and 5 races of between 3 and 7 laps. Put a pp limit or a bhp limit with tyres of sports hard to soft only and give it a licence rating too. This would create close racing with the AI and amount to more enjoyable racing.

It would make sence if the licence tests were representative for the skill level of the race.

The Nascar special events were quite nice the way they got you up to speed in that Heavy Car.

The AMG Nurby special was really good in the way it broke up what can be a daunting track into little bite sized chunkettes and then added a few flavours (Faster Car - Worse Weather) so by the end of the tests you do feel like you have improved your technique on that track. Just a really polished example.

If GT6 had that level of "Polish" for other areas - Say a series devoted to FF cars, and how best to drive them, Another series of tests devoted to other aspects of driving.

Would be nice if off track running/ corner cutting and bish bash driving ended up with points on your licence which excluded you from the Marquee events. The only way to race would be for you to re take your test...

Say, it says here that you've been endorsed three times, you must be some kind of - great driver.

I just want the Licence tests to mean something to GT again, especially for GT6. Not this whole leveling system thing that's in GT5, which is the worst idea imo. All I'm saying is I don't want no level system in GT ever again! O_O

And for the events. Yes, there must me a stack of events for us to take part in, once we completed a certain licence test that is. Such as if you want to take part in rally events, you must complete the R licence. GT3 had that licence test it was great.

TokoTurismo
I just want the Licence tests to mean something to GT again, especially for GT6. Not this whole leveling system thing that's in GT5, which is the worst idea imo. All I'm saying is I don't want no level system in GT ever again! O_O

And for the events. Yes, there must me a stack of events for us to take part in, once we completed a certain licence test that is. Such as if you want to take part in rally events, you must complete the R licence. GT3 had that licence test it was great. :)

I agree.

And at least give us the Dealership races back.

Before this becomes another wishlist thread, just a info how there is somewhere a 4326754-pages thread inhere with the exact same premise and question.

We beated that horse to death. Several times in a row.

And for the events. Yes, there must me a stack of events for us to take part in, once we completed a certain licence test that is. Such as if you want to take part in rally events, you must complete the R licence. GT3 had that licence test it was great.

Yep, exactly what i'm saying, in GT5 they serve no purpose. I for one, have avoided them, in previous GT's it was a chore to complete the tests, but at least the effort was rewarded in the rest of a-spec when it was 'unlocked'.

I agree.

And at least give us the Dealership races back.

Yep, the dealership races are missed, thats where that flipping Lupo race belongs! 👍

Before this becomes another wishlist thread, just a info how there is somewhere a 4326754-pages thread inhere with the exact same premise and question.

We beated that horse to death. Several times in a row.

Yeah, but i'm trying to keep this thread onto a specific topic and part of GT6. I know there are other threads where GT6 is being discussed, but it would be nice to keep this thread 'on topic' for once. :)

Plus, your usual insight and opinion would be welcomed 👍

If you know GT4 really good then you will understand my opinion , GRAN TURISMO 4 events are the best in the whole of GT series , you get old and have children and your children will have children and you didn't finish those events .

the hardest event i remember it was a champion chip with 5 events i think and one of them is nurburgring you enter the event with very old cars ( classics ) japanese maybe okay now do you the hardest part ? those events ... all of them 99 laps yes 99 nurburgring 99 laps .

seriously why would you anything else GT4 events is the best i'v ever seen .

of course thats my opinion whats yours about mine ?

Can't say I recall the event in GT4 your on about, but I know what you mean. The events were well judged and GT4 seemed to have a much longer shelf life, well considering it had no online multiplayer option. Not sure I fancy 99laps of the ring though haha :)

Having said all this, I just did the European championship again tonight. Drove a Elise R on sports hards with a mild tune of 215bhp and around 880kg... Brilliant race in Monza, was being chased down by an Esprit V8 in the last two laps after he cleared traffic and was struggling to keep ahead, I won by 0.138! Great fun. This kind of event is what the lower leagues of GT5 is missing, close well matched and lengthy events.

I know there are other threads where GT6 is being discussed, but it would be nice to keep this thread 'on topic' for once. :)

Plus, your usual insight and opinion would be welcomed 👍

Haha, no - we had exactly this discussion almost 18 months ago:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=129932

No consensus :D

And my opinion: I mostly miss GT4 Missions.

Current format of GT Academy is great, that is the way Licenses should go. Mix *GT original* licenses with GTAcademy format + GT4 Driving Missions + GT4: Prologue and GT5:Prologue Driving Events (where you have to drive a full race for Gold for instance) and add an final sub-game in veins of F355 Challenge "Great Driver Challenge" races - and we have a winner :)

Main problem is mainstream. PD was under pressure from community (GTP being most influential) and regional producers to downgrade the difficulty of the licenses in GT5 - despite them being the easiest in the series-history, because SRF assists have been made mandatory for all drives. First they removed the penalties for barriers and later they removed penalties for contacts.

That trend will unfortunately prevail in the future. What happened to both Licenses and Seasonal Events races in GT5 is a clear showcase of casualisation in the industry.

Stubbornness of Kaz to maintain the imposed time-limits in Special Events, mainly for Vettel Challenges, is the only remaining trace of hope that GT series will not slip into the full-casual territory and that more demanding drivers will still be able to get some challenges for their level. However, even Special Events hall had its moment of *retreat* with removal of the original Toscana run (one of the best races in GT5 when released) and replacement with much easier current track/AI combo.

Love to see GT3 amount of events in GT6, also like to see the way they had for Eg FR event in beginner through to expert. Also love to see real life events such as Super GT, V8 supercars, DTM also you have the choice to pick a team for the season. Also this might be to much to ask but would be nice to have a create event option, where you pick the regulations to share it with your friends online. This would help with the racing series thread..

I've said in other threads but what I want to see in GT6 is NEW events. Sure there is only so many ways you can present some events like FF/FR cups but I want to see a fresh approach to all of the others. I don't want the Sunday Cup for the sixth game running, nor any of the other events that are the same in every game like the Trial Mountain & Laguna endurance races.

Once i realized i didn't need to do licenses to advance, i stopped doing them. Races should be restricted until licenses are earned.

GT needs to bring back the Rally license of GT3. I honestly learned a lot of rally techniques from those tests. Having one or two in GT4/5 per license was really disappointing.

And yes, i'd love to have manufacturer races. It would bring purpose to having a F10 or Caterham... well in theory. But i did love having all Silvia or all Skyline races

In the s licence they should include Le mans cars, race cars etc. Like before. S-10 should be Monaco in a gt one, like in gt3.

This has been discussed and commented many times, but I'll say it once more.

GT6, please revert back to the traditional purpose of the license tests: acquiring license = ability to access more difficult races.

When you're playing GT5, I feel there is little to no progression. Sure, there's the level system but it's very....odd. It doesn't belong in my opinion. All cars should be purchasable from day one.

The older GT gave the gamers a rich feeling of progression throughout A-Spec. You knew you could not access a difficult race until you obtained an I-B, I-A or S license. GT5 absolutely killed this. And that's where GT lost its "Automobile RPG" sensation, among other things.

Edit: Hello, my name is GT5. Pop in the disc and get ready to play! Want to master the license exams? Don't even bother! They're just optional.

Hello, my name is GT5. Pop in the disc and get ready to play! Want to buy any car within your credits? LOL, No! Your options are severely limited. Please, upgrade your level.

Options VS NON-options. GT5, you are as confused as you seem. :(

Last edited:
This has been discussed and commented many times, but I'll say it once more.

GT6, please revert back to the traditional purpose of the license tests: acquiring license = ability to access more difficult races.

When you're playing GT5, I feel there is little to no progression. Sure, there's the level system but it's very....odd. It doesn't belong in my opinion. All cars should be purchasable from day one.

The older GT gave the gamers a rich feeling of progression throughout A-Spec. You knew you could not access a difficult race until you obtained an I-B, I-A or S license. GT5 absolutely killed this. And that's where GT lost its "Automobile RPG" sensation, among other things.

you sir 👍 .

TokoTurismo
Why? I think it's a great way to keep people playing the game over and over to keep going you know? Just for GT6 hopefully there be lots and lots of events. ;)

Because it makes it more satisfying when you get a good car.

They also need to bring back valuable prize cars, only available as prizes for winning the big races. Winning the Formula GT championship and then getting a Caterham Seven Fireblade was such a letdown. Felt good in older games to put a lot of time into a championship or endurance race and be rewarded for it.

Because it makes it more satisfying when you get a good car.

That maybe true, but it makes keeping the bonus just as satisfying when going back to race in your favorite events over again with small credits rewarded. Besides. Not like GT6's event credits will be like GT5's seasonal events with what, 200.000Cr? It'll most likely be lower then that. Especially for online races where you could also win credits adding bonus to it, depending how long the races maybe. :sly:

Edit: Also, I doubt that GT6 will even have seasonal events, especially if it haves lots of events to attend too. I hope...

TokoTurismo
That maybe true, but it makes keeping the bonus just as satisfying when going back to race in your favorite events over again with small credits rewarded. Besides. Not like GT6's event credits will be like GT5's seasonal events with what, 200.000Cr? It'll most likely be lower then that. Especially for online races where you could also win credits adding bonus to it, depending how long the races maybe. :sly:

Edit: Also, I doubt that GT6 will even have seasonal events, especially if it haves lots of events to attend too. I hope...

If they don't make ridiculous prize money, then it's fine.

Yeah, make prize cars exclusive and un tradable as well.

Back