GT6 Licence Tests & Events ?

I'm not asking for money and cars at each level just a higher level then level Forty, it's too easy to reach, I think from start you could probably reach it in less then a month.. Take Battlefield 3 for example, Colonel 99 would take forever to reach, a hell of a lot longer then one month.. I think people wouldn't be happy if they got to level 45 (Colonel) and that was it.. It's just little things like that that made it game of the year.. I think GT6 should use that as an example along with having to use, like BF3, a certain car, or atleast car class, "so many times" (like the guns) and at some point you begin unlocking upgrades and paints and vinyls for it, similar to Shift 2 or NFS Underground 2.. I know alot of people will argue this point but I think it would make for alot more gameplay and alot better drivers?

Why do you want to make a car/racing game work like a FPS? Those things you mention make sense for that type of game, they don't for GT. Especially the bolded part. I never want to see something like that in a GT game.

SimonK
Why do you want to make a car/racing game work like a FPS? Those things you mention make sense for that type of game, they don't for GT. Especially the bolded part. I never want to see something like that in a GT game.

Why? Why should you not, say, win 10 races with a Super GT300 class car then get bigger upgrades, like say we have what we already have as far as engine upgrades go, then after X amount of wins you get engine upgrade #4 or Super soft tires or racing intake and racing exhaust? I think it's a good idea.. People should have to play to earn it instead of just winning some money on the game and getting everything out of their cars...

Why? Why should you not, say, win 10 races with a Super GT300 class car then get bigger upgrades, like say we have what we already have as far as engine upgrades go, then after X amount of wins you get engine upgrade #4 or Super soft tires or racing intake and racing exhaust? I think it's a good idea.. People should have to play to earn it instead of just winning some money on the game and getting everything out of their cars...

Because it's not realistic and it doesn't suit this sort of game. It's supposed to be a driving simulator, it's not very realistic to only be able to upgrade an engine after winning so many races. It's all about having the money and If I do I want to spend it on what I like.

Why have realistic race tracks, realistic cars and physics and then cover the game with unrealistic mechanics to be able to play it?

Talking about FPS, if I remember correctly in Battlefield Bad Company you could also lose online levelling points if you shot someone from your own team for example.
Which begs the question why a levelling system only needs to go up, why not deduct points when causing an accident (offline and online), using the (admittedly far from perfect) ingame penalty system?
Might make the online experience slightly better perhaps.

As for license tests, I do prefer them being actually relevant, and then you'll only need bronze anyway.
Maybe they will be tied in with that traffic mode Kaz mentioned and maybe a separate racing license or career mode for what's still now the core of any GT-game, racing obviously.
One focussing on basic car control and driving, the other on racing techniques and going fast around a track.
Maybe a course on people management and leader skills might be added for B-Spec. ;)

you start at level 1 all that is avalible is beginner events and c license

you can run the license test and get prize cars to use in beginer events or buy a car and run the events. after you get 80% completion of beginner events you reach level 2 and unlock b license test which is required for amature events and so on.

OR you can buy Mazda Protege 02 fully stock, dirty oil with PP around 360-370 on level 0 with CS tyres, enter last seasonals with its new function for PP difference on Cape Ring - > win it realtively easily and get straight from level 0 to level 16!+
blaah..level system must be cancelled.

Happened to me on my 2nd account (it was made purposely to be able to download GT Academy 12)

i would like the event system to be more like gt4 and prior as well. i personally liked the gt4 setup of having specific country races, circuit races, city races etc all separate from the main beginner, advanced etc cup races, Also manufacture races are a must return.

Driving missions that were included in gt4 would also be a welcome return for me, as i found them to be one of the most difficult and fun parts of the game.

Another is that they should bring back the multiple option car wins as it makes it more difficult and fun to gain certain cars without loosing the realistic nature.

The leveling on the other hand should be an online only system as it makes more sense. this is because it can help separate players from the hardcore enthusiast from the mess about joker. for example a beginner section for levels say 0-5, and an elite section for levels 30+. Maybe the could also have a section further capped where all electronic aids are banned etc.

That is my opinion hope you agree.

Also license test to enter some online rooms, to avoid or at least get the guys that ruined the fun by driving backwards or crashing on purpose. If an room did have like an special license to enter or an very high driver level like 30-40 would be great

Plus many more events, specially Endurance onces :)

This would be an AWESOME race to include:

The Classics Reunite
Cars Allowed:

GT-One Race Car
787B
R390 Race Car

If you've playe GT3 enough you'd get this

I want the whole levelling system to be scrapped. I never was a fan of the whole idea. Licenses need to be mandatory again - it's been that way since GT1.

OR you can buy Mazda Protege 02 fully stock, dirty oil with PP around 360-370 on level 0 with CS tyres, enter last seasonals with its new function for PP difference on Cape Ring - > win it realtively easily and get straight from level 0 to level 16!+
blaah..level system must be cancelled.

Happened to me on my 2nd account (it was made purposely to be able to download GT Academy 12)

lol. that is a cool loop hole, shame that wasn't availible to me when i started gt5

Latest Posts

Back