gt6 most used drift tires vs real drift tires

• Thread starter alexnipi
  • 68 comments
Spain
Spain
alexnipi
as we all know the most tire used in gt6 are comfort soft, 99.9% of the lobbies have that restriction of tires. Today I was looking for some information about the type of tires they use in the D1 competition after viewing some video the tires seemed to me semi-slick. so look for information about one of the best drivers in the competition and found the type of tire used.

http://www.madmike.co.nz/cars this is the link to the specs of the car (TYRES: Nitto NT05 235/40R18 front 265/35R18 rear) if you do not want to click on the link

http://www.nittotire.com/Tire/Street/nt05 and this is the link of the tire on the official page

in my opinion looks more semi-slick tire than a road tire.. that in the types of tires in gt6 would are sports (hard,med,soft) what you like. what you think guys?
NTO5.jpg
nitto-nt05.jpg

PD restricts us to comfort tires on drift trials. The community took years to go from ch to even thinking about cm's, sports tires aren't coming anytime fast.

as we all know the most tire used in gt6 are comfort soft, 99.9% of the lobbies have that restriction of tires. Today I was looking for some information about the type of tires they use in the D1 competition after viewing some video the tires seemed to me semi-slick. so look for information about one of the best drivers in the competition and found the type of tire used.

http://www.madmike.co.nz/cars this is the link to the specs of the car (TYRES: Nitto NT05 235/40R18 front 265/35R18 rear) if you do not want to click on the link

http://www.nittotire.com/Tire/Street/nt05 and this is the link of the tire on the official page

in my opinion looks more semi-slick tire than a road tire.. that in the types of tires in gt6 would are sports (hard,med,soft) what you like. what you think guys?
View attachment 150361 View attachment 150362
That's not a semi slick those are street performance tires

It would most likely be CM-CS since sports tires are semi-slicks.

Not every drifter in the world uses high performance tires to drift though, some people who just drift as a hobby use any tires they can get their hands on, which are probably closer to CH than anything.

It would most likely be CM-CS since sports tires are semi-slicks.

Not every drifter in the world uses high performance tires to drift though, some people who just drift as a hobby use any tires they can get their hands on, which are probably closer to CH than anything.
I use MST-702

Ch is going to be your average all season High performance tire. Such as Falken ZE950

CM is going to be a slightly softer all season performance tire. THis going to be the like of the Falken Ze912's

Your comfort softs are going to be the similar to the CM's just softer. Such as the Falken Azenis PT722

Sport hards are going to be tires such as the Nitto NT05, Falken RTK615.

Your sport mediums are going to be the equivalent of the Hoosier A6, and Toyo RA1.

Sport Softs are going to be the equivalent of the Hoosier R6, and Toyo R888

Pretty much as above...

In gt5 I used CS as CH didn't give me enough control over the front end.

In gt6, CH seem alot gripper than gt5, so I sick with CH for 90% of my drift cars.

I might slap some CM on a high powered car, but it needs 500bhp+ to be able to maintain big angles etc without bogging down in the upper gears.

Whilst I can and will slide about on sports tyres, I wouldn't say it's drifting, it's just aggressive powersliding. Massive entries are much harder with sports tyres, trying to gauge speed etc.

I'm sure with 700bhp+ and lots of practice, you could get your drift on with sports tyres, but it would be much twitcher, and I think you would be compromising your setup to suit the tyres, rather than setting it up for sideways stability.

• the D1 competition
  • one of the best drivers in the competition
  • in my opinion looks more semi-slick tire than a road tire...

My opinion?

You're not a D1 driver. I don't want to be a bitch, but you probably never will be. (Statistically, this is a fact). Neither am I, and I don't care. I sometimes slide a car around, yes. But by my knowledge, there aren't a lot of real competition drifters on GTP, I know only of one, maybe 2.

To make the playing field as equal as possible, the general consensus in GT5 was to use comfort hard tires. And they improved in GT6, so logically I see no point in changing that.

Stick to tires you'd learn on in real life, and only after you completely mastered those should you consider switching. (I never will, but that's my personal choice.)

sorry i'm gonna correct me, i mean all comfort tire compounds not only soft, that's my fault when i try to explain.
@Gonales i know i'm not a D1 driver i opened this topic to determine which tire would be more close to real tire used in drift nothing more that's all.

Pretty much as above...

In gt5 I used CS as CH didn't give me enough control over the front end.

In gt6, CH seem alot gripper than gt5, so I sick with CH for 90% of my drift cars.

I might slap some CM on a high powered car, but it needs 500bhp+ to be able to maintain big angles etc without bogging down in the upper gears.

Whilst I can and will slide about on sports tyres, I wouldn't say it's drifting, it's just aggressive powersliding. Massive entries are much harder with sports tyres, trying to gauge speed etc.

I'm sure with 700bhp+ and lots of practice, you could get your drift on with sports tyres, but it would be much twitcher, and I think you would be compromising your setup to suit the tyres, rather than setting it up for sideways stability.

You can always use camber to make sports tire behave like comfort tires. Zero camber = max grip, so some at the front and even more at the rear :lol: Then we still have LSD, ARB, damper and sping rate to make it drift like whatever we want.

sorry i'm gonna correct me, i mean all comfort tire compounds not only soft, that's my fault when i try to explain.
@Gonales i know i'm not a D1 driver i opened this topic to determine which tire would be more close to real tire used in drift nothing more that's all.

Which I explained perfectly. :P

You can always use camber to make sports tire behave like comfort tires. Zero camber = max grip, so some at the front and even more at the rear :lol: Then we still have LSD, ARB, damper and sping rate to make it drift like whatever we want.

Yeah, but than what is the point of having grippier tires, if you're just going to use a lot of camber to reduce the grip?

Which I explained perfectly. :P

Yeah, but than what is the point of having grippier tires, if you're just going to use a lot of camber to reduce the grip?

Let's just say if I made a replica, the tire also replicated. I have made many Best Motoring feature cars and real life tuner car replicas, so I know what sort of tire in GT6 is similar to real life. I alos have a D1 drift car replica and it's on comfort soft.

View attachment 150361 View attachment 150362

It really depends on the way that the tires grip, especially in GT
When we had the hybrids on GT5 there were 2 types of CH tyres you could port into the game, i think it was CH (V) and CH (C)

CH (V)'s were much better for getting grip in a straight line
CH (C)'s were my choice for drifting, they provided a LOT more grip as they gripped when the tire was not going in a straight line and they gripped as the car was going sideways

As far as i know each car has one of them, but you just don't get to choose which one it is..

It really depends on the way that the tires grip, especially in GT
When we had the hybrids on GT5 there were 2 types of CH tyres you could port into the game, i think it was CH (V) and CH (C)

CH (V)'s were much better for getting grip in a straight line
CH (C)'s were my choice for drifting, they provided a LOT more grip as they gripped when the tire was not going in a straight line and they gripped as the car was going sideways

As far as i know each car has one of them, but you just don't get to choose which one it is..

GT6 also has the same thing.. They dont say it, but there is a option there.

I enjoy messing around Sports tires, doing touge, Kanjo, and Wangan runs...but for drifting??

I've heard a lot of people who claim to have "real life drifting experience" say that Sports Hards are better for drifting, as they say using Comforts is too slow and like driving on ice....

Now, I'm not going to get into the "comforts are too slow" bit...but do people who "drift" on sports tires ever bother to check their speedometer while they are drifting? Those numbers don't strike you as being, even slightly, unrealistically high? I mean, how can you claim sports tires are more realistic, but then be drifting at speeds 10, 20, 30 miles an hour faster than would ever be possible in real life?

I'm not one to preach, and I don't care what tires other people drift on. And if you enjoy drifting at crazy fast speeds (who doesn't, from time to time?), that's cool too. But I get irked when I hear people claim Sports tires are more realistic...I just don't see it.

I enjoy messing around Sports tires, doing touge, Kanjo, and Wangan runs...but for drifting??

I've heard a lot of people who claim to have "real life drifting experience" say that Sports Hards are better for drifting, as they say using Comforts is too slow and like driving on ice....

Now, I'm not going to get into the "comforts are too slow" bit...but do people who "drift" on sports tires ever bother to check their speedometer while they are drifting? Those numbers don't strike you as being, even slightly, unrealistically high? I mean, how can you claim sports tires are more realistic, but then be drifting at speeds 10, 20, 30 miles an hour faster than would ever be possible in real life?

I'm not one to preach, and I don't care what tires other people drift on. And if you enjoy drifting at crazy fast speeds (who doesn't, from time to time?), that's cool too. But I get irked when I hear people claim Sports tires are more realistic...I just don't see it.

Totally agree with this. ^^

So true, even using comforts softs and mediums, the speeds that are achieved are unrealistic aswell.
People only think comforts are like driving on ice because they either don't know how to tune or need to get out of their 900hp+ car.

Yeah basically...

Don't really care what tires you use, as long as you can actually manage the tire compound you've chosen...

So true, even using comforts softs and mediums, the speeds that are achieved are unrealistic aswell.
People only think comforts are like driving on ice because they either don't know how to tune or need to get out of their 900hp+ car.
I think people need to learn how to tune. Vipers, supras, rx7s etc. Are all really easy to drift even with extreme horsepower on comfort hards. It also makes me wonder if people know what brakes are??

I think people need to learn how to tune.

I'd love to see those that complain, use my Soarer tune. Wheelspin 'till the 22nd century for the win.

Vipers, supras, rx7s etc. Are all really easy to drift even with extreme horsepower on comfort hards.

Supra's are good, and so are the Efini's and FC's.

The Spirit R's, and Vipers should never be drifted.

It also makes me wonder if people know what brakes are??

Hehe, obviously they don't. You know why? "It's just a game bro, chill". Ask jordankennard, for example.

I'd love to see those that complain, use my Soarer tune. Wheelspin 'till the 22nd century for the win.

Hehe, obviously they don't. You know why? "It's just a game bro, chill". Ask jordankennard, for example.

Lol why not?

there's nothin' wrong with the spirit r or a viper with the right person behind the wheel. When I put my new PC together I'll have to make a video of myself and noonga drifting. His 250hp s13 and my 1000hp viper.they door to door all day long.

My opinion?

You're not a D1 driver. I don't want to be a bitch, but you probably never will be. (Statistically, this is a fact). Neither am I, and I don't care. I sometimes slide a car around, yes. But by my knowledge, there aren't a lot of real competition drifters on GTP, I know only of one, maybe 2.

To make the playing field as equal as possible, the general consensus in GT5 was to use comfort hard tires. And they improved in GT6, so logically I see no point in changing that.

Stick to tires you'd learn on in real life, and only after you completely mastered those should you consider switching. (I never will, but that's my personal choice.)
@Naits96 ?

Back