GT6 Mt Panorama demo at EB Expo, Sydney

• Thread starter Flunkus
  • 323 comments
some dude who works at Harvey Norman said he would upload some footage from a demo station that was running GT6 Bathurst - still waiting :)

CoolColJ
some dude who works at Harvey Norman said he would upload some footage from a demo station that was running GT6 Bathurst - still waiting :)

Let's hope that he gets to upload some footage :)

iRacing still has an official V8 Supercar (albeit an old one) and a V8 Supercars branded series running. Would seem to suggest that whatever T10 has isn't exclusive, or is at least only exclusive to Xbox.

Yes, it would seem so.

Thinking back, even the Ford Falcon XR8 2000 in GT5 would be a prime example of not needing the V8 Supercar license to be able to put individual cars in the game.

Ideally, I'd want all four manufactures (and Volvo, as unlikely as that may be), but I can't see that happening, especially after the Bathurst trailer full of GT/LeMans spec cars. Even so, you'd have to say the Nissan Altima would be the most likely of the group to make an appearance.

Thing is you could rightly have thought the same about something like the Nissan LMP2 they've been driving for years. Still no sign of it in GT.

They would have to license the chassis manufacturer too for the LMP2. Is it Oak? Should be easier with the Altima.

EDIT: Zytek it is. Dunno if that might make things more complicated.

addds
Hope kangaroos are in GT6: the possibility of writing off your car would add to the realism :P

Lol yeah. I don't think the car will get much damage with GT6's damage physics. It's the Todd Kelly's car that got hit by kangaroo.

Hope kangaroos are in GT6:

I would love that. PD could add them into the game the same way they animated people on the Grand Canyon rally track in GT4. I remember WRC Evolved on the PS2 had kangaroos which would occasionally jump across the track. It'll help the tracks in Gran Turismo feel less lifeless... Even if they're only a backdrop. 👍

For OP, what overall time did you get when you raced? I was there all weekend and only managed a 4:49 with a best lap of 2:21

Thats really good! 👍

Looks like good feedback in the turns. Taking the proper line down Conrod is a must. Too shallow and you wont get that optimum line at The Chase. Cool.

Those demo rigs should have been at the Bathurst race alongside FM5. Let them see and feel which one is better, but MS beat it to the punch :(

Well, he was on Racing Soft's. Makes it a whole lot easier to shine... ;)
Compared to all the other people I've seen so far.

I don't say he's the god of driving or something like that, just that he drove at least some good laps, which many people apparently weren't able to do.

I wished I was there :( I would at least drive a vintage street car like Countach, with comfort medium/soft and no ABS, it would be epic experience :)

No driving line as well, he must have had a few prior laps :)

Or he already have many laps done in another sim or real life ?

I have driven at Bathurst hundreds of laps in PS2 - Toca Race Driver 3 - V8 Supercars :D It's like the back of my hand.

I really like Aussie tracks - Barbagallo comes into mind and Eastern Creek, also Wakefield Park - good memories there.

Well physics vary from game to game, and yet he is driving it right on the edge and not crashing - props

But he must have had a fair few laps under his belt :)

Back