GT6 Mt Panorama demo at EB Expo, Sydney

• Thread starter Flunkus
  • 323 comments
After hearing you guys talking about comming up on two wheels and getting air from the curbs.
I'm really looking forward to the video's :P

I hit the curbs too hard a few times & rolled aswell.
The brakes felt a lot different to GT5 & even the GT academy demo, all aids were off except abs on 1 & felt like it was locking the rears on hard braking. Felt very different but a big improvement I think.

Now that would be a dramatic improvement, brake adjustments that actually mean something, and having to adjust the rear brake power to prevent, or encourage locking, whatever your preference may be. Let's hope that's true!

Someone already said it, but that was GT4. I suspect you may know that and you're pretending the Laguna Seca in GT4 is "available in GT5," but you're wrong, it's a different track. That first bend is actually a corner in GT5. The whole track received a rework since GT4. Even with that inaccurate section it's a new track from the ground up, as was specifically said by Kaz.

I'm certainly curious when Kaz said that. I found this and this (which are parroted by this on PD's site and this on Sony's blog), but that is a regurgitated press release that also claims that Trial Mountain was rebuilt in the same sentence where it talks about Laguna Seca; calling into question just what "rebuilt" actually means when PD uses the word.

It's also interesting that Laguna Seca is a "new track from the ground up" that still happens to use its GT4-era layout (which was changed soon after GT4, and immediately after Tourist Trophy, was released).

Last edited:
You have no point.

I wasn't aware GT6 was released for you to make your claims of laser scanning being left out of selling points. And me 'dodging' things is ludicrous. I don't spend my days on gtplanet looking for or picking apart posts trying to find fault in someone's opinions. You don't know what PD wants to highlight. Plus theres no indication every track is laser scanned. Adaptive Tessalation is an aspect used throughout gameplay. Nothing has shown laser scanned tracks are of the same relevance. Keep searching though. One day you'll find your pen pal that likes to have these 'discussions' you say.

And as for your comment johnny, not many 8 year olds know what laser scanning even is. Kids at that age think lasers are on their buzz lightyear toys. :dopey:
Jesus Christ. All I said was I wonder why they don't promote it on their site or videos, that's it. A thought posted in the open forum. You then decided to try and tell me why for some reason, including that people wouldn't know what it was. I say that they wouldn't know adaptive tesselation either.

Seriously, I don't know why you're making such a big deal out of one thought I had.

The Admins are aware, we're just awaiting another blowup, which seems it's getting closer each day. 👎

I cant believe how fast (vroom vroom) this thread has gotten... Imagine what it will be like the day before the release.

Jesus Christ. All I said was I wonder why they don't promote it on their site or videos, that's it. A thought posted in the open forum. You then decided to try and tell me why for some reason, including that people wouldn't know what it was. I say that they wouldn't know adaptive tesselation either.

Seriously, I don't know why you're making such a big deal out of one thought I had.

No big deal. Who knows what they will highlight or promote in the days up to release? Thats all I'm saying 👍 I think itd be a little bit false advertisement if not every track is laser scanned.

Spent the the day at Mount Panaroma. Today was first practice session for most classes - V8 Supercars, Dunlop Series, Historic, Brute Utes etc.

Absolutely zero Polphony/GT6/Playstation presence. As mentioned above there were a few simulator rigs running an Rfactor Bathurst mod.

However, there was a very strong Microsoft/Forza 5 presence - advertisements, Xbox sponsored corners and of course the Xbox sponsored car that will race the Bathurst 1000 on Sunday. Even the official V8 Supercar website http://www.v8supercars.com.au/ has Forza 5 front and center.

I'm thinking (with my conspiracy hat firmly on my head) that maybe a deal for exclusivity at the race was struck between Microsoft and V8 Supercars.

Spent the the day at Mount Panaroma. Today was first practice session for most classes - V8 Supercars, Dunlop Series, Historic, Brute Utes etc.

Absolutely zero Polphony/GT6/Playstation presence. As mentioned above there were a few simulator rigs running an Rfactor Bathurst mod.

However, there was a very strong Microsoft/Forza 5 presence - advertisements, Xbox sponsored corners and of course the Xbox sponsored car that will race the Bathurst 1000 on Sunday. Even the official V8 Supercar website http://www.v8supercars.com.au/ has Forza 5 front and center.

I'm thinking (with my conspiracy hat firmly on my head) that maybe a deal for exclusivity at the race was struck between Microsoft and V8 Supercars.

??? What the... That means no v8 supercar ever in a GT? Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!! I hate licenses!!!!

Unfortunately I think that's true. But at the end of the day I don't think it matters - it quite obviously doesn't affect the games popularity, just look at the sales figures.

For now, what worries me is if there's an exclusive deal between Microsoft and V8 Supercars organization .... if that is the case, we might not even be able to have the Nissan Altima V8 Supercars in GT. PD had Bathurst Demo several days before, but not in the main event :( I wonder if Microsoft paid good sum of money to make sure PD will never be there :(

??? What the... That means no v8 supercar ever in a GT? Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!! I hate licenses!!!!

I sure don't want that to happen :( EA and Porsche is already bad enough :grumpy:

Nah, PD/GTA are putting its drivers in the Altima next year. No way that they can have their own car banned from GT. Plus, Turn 10 are only using 2 cars (Holden and probably Ford) but, I dont know how many liveries from each. No word about Erebus in FM5.

That's not what "machschnel" said/meant. He said "maybe a deal for exclusivity at the race was struck between Microsoft and V8 Supercars.", not for the Forza 5 game itself, although you're also right, it is possible.

That wouldn't be any different to what us aussies have had to do so far to quench our V8 Supercar thurst in GT5. We can assume the AU V8 Supercar, Monaro and Commodore SS from GT5 will carry over onto GT6, so we can still do controlled races where all players have to use only one of the cars mentioned above. At least we are getting Bathurst, it's a start!

Xbox and V8 Supercars have had various links for probably over 10 years, so it's not a surprise to me that Forza will get priority.

Fairly annoyed that neither xbox or playstation have no real advertising here at Bathurst

Back