GT6 'MY HOME' HUB: Awards time.

• Thread starter photonrider
  • 3,027 comments
I'm going to have to try this again. I won the survival race with a 21:xx and Motoyama or O-something was a few seconds behind.

Must have been a great race.
Capture a graphic of your next fast race and we'll get it up unless someone else throws something in here.

All we're looking for is fastest time, and car used.
Both 'Survivor' races will be posted as Time Challenges - fastest Driver time.
I also have two Challenge races planned for the Mazda VGT - Intermediate and Expert, and a fun Beginners Event.
Present Beginner, Intermediate and Expert Challenges will be removed and Winners posted in Hall of Fame on the 25th.

Everything will be revealed soon.

Happy holidays, everybody, and have yourselves a very merry Christmas, too. A happy and holy Hannukah to all you Jewish folk and the best of the Season all around.

:cheers:
H.

Update, update. . .

PD has extended the Race Events that we were also using as GTPlanet Challenges for members only, here within the Forums, and with this in mind the in-House Challenges will be extended accordingly.

Bonus Challenge on the Mountain hunting after Papp is closed.
Congrats to MTM79 for a job well done - that must have been one helluva race. I did it several times and as mentioned before escaped being beaten by him by a *koff - hairs-breath.
MTM79 now has a second trophy on the wall! Smokin'!

Two additional OFFLINE in-house Challenges are up: both of these involve the new Mazda - a chance for us to enjoy this car and stretch its legs. I enjoyed doing these events and will continue to pursue a better time. Meanwhile - the trophy is up for grabs. So go for it. All details are in the OP.

How does the Whoosier Rule effect the two new races?
Simple. You can win as many trophies as you can within one class only.
To Each their Own. 👍

The 'Survivor' Challenges have yet to be arranged; any ideas? Do we only have Suzuka as the venue?
I will be posting the additional Beginner Offline Challenge shortly.

image.jpg

I decided to take the challenge and here's my result. ;)

The second challenge I'll have a look at and see what I can do later.

@Vic Reign93 , @MTM79 - .200 of a second seperates you guys in Like the Wind 2?! :eek: The war is obviously on. :mischievous:

That particular race is one I like very much.
The chance to take a tunable LM55 to the race was kick ass. The AI don't stand a chance. The payout (at 200%) for the time concerned is good, too - and if one keeps on doing it as a 'Time Trial through traffic challenge' or as an 'Overtake Challenge', then it can be a lot more fun, too.

This is one of my objectives - to highlight some of the better races in career mode, as well as pull the top times possible from our community and give recognition to these individuals, and that will help others set goals for themselves, as well as enjoy the fun (and payouts) of these seemingly 'simple' Career Mode events.

I do this event regularly to keep my high-speed skills in shape, my usual weapon being a 640 PP Nardo.
The combination of this car and my skill levels puts me in a situation that is 50/50 of me winning (or losing because of even the smallest mistake :D) which makes for some exceptionally exciting high-speed racing - continually.
Are the AI getting stronger? Do they evolve with me as my skills get better?
This is something I have to prove, but evidence is still being collected ..... :lol:

By now, the both of you must have learned to recognise that Besson is not be be fooled around with.
Never mind going anywhere near those thugs Duffy in the Red Devil and Alford in the Toronado.
Don't be shy to mention your experiences of the Rabbits as you also throw in your times here.
Movies and pics of erratic or notable Rabbit behaviour are very welcome.

All the work we do here with the Rabbits only helps us enjoy the game that we already have a little better - no point wasting too much time howling about what we want in the game that's not there.

I'm working on cleaning up the OP - putting your current times up and so on.
Not much time left to ace these events and get your names up on the Rabbit Leaderboards, so the rest of you Hunters better get cracking. Or maybe, like me, you trying to beat these aces and not even coming to withing half a second of them.

Many challenges are still to be met - and time is running out. Unless you want to see the Camp Cook's times up there. Perish the thought! :lol:

Edit:

There we are. A huge amount of work done and hours gone by! Phew. Almost as hard as trying to beat the challenges! :D

A lot more stuff added to Rabbit history - see first page.

Back later. 👍

Last edited:
Very interesting.

CaptureMTM79Besson_zps2a274126.jpg

So what do we have here?

Besson, you guys may have noticed, is the fastest of the present crop of LM drivers - it also shows that the C60 Hybride is the fastest of the AI cars in this event.

This helps us engineer the 'perfect' race.

Practically speaking - if one had a car/skills combo that would give them a maximum lap time of 4:10.000 this would bring them closer to a 'dead heat' race; in effect racing at break-neck speed right through the race because you and the major opponent(s) are equally matched.
The race could be raced over and over - no doubt the chances of losing are as equal to winning and therefore the lure of suspense or unpredictability will remain until the Player gets better.
At this point again a reduction in the performance of the Player's car will be required as a handicap to their improved skills at the same event against the same opponents.

This proves that every race in Career mode has the potential to be race-engineered to fit the Player's optimum - it only remains to the Player to learn how to play the game as it is designed so as to get the best race experience (factoring car/skills equation) from it.

'Matched opponents' is always at the core of engineering a perfect race - whether to race in, or watch.

You guys deserve your name up in lights for taking the time to grind out this data.

How do we engineer the perfect race using these stats?
Besson's fastest time is 4:09:053.

As we have leaned to a degree, the Rabbits have an expansion/contraction window - this is usually about 30 secs for the lead Rabbit.
If we let Besson run on his own and we play back-marker his time would be around 4:40:00.
If we had a car/skills combo that could give us a max lap time of 4:10:00, and pushed it to the limit, then we were sure to have, all things being equal, a fight to the finish with Besson, other cars also linked by the central brain, to react to us and spoil our chances.
Unless Besson backed off.
I've never seen him do that, though.
I've engineered hundreds of races with this crowd - they've given me breathless loads of fun.

Let's take a look at these diagrams:

The different colors are cars, and their lap times around a course (think Pocono! :lol:)

IMG_3721_zps9016d988.jpg

The orange car has a 10 sec lead over the purple car, the teal car a 10 sec handicap to the purple car.
In a 1 lap race they will all finish up at the line at around the same time.
Where would the player put themselves in this race for a 'good' race?

Let's add more cars:

IMG_3722_zpsecb98cf3.jpg

There are two cars here that, from their starting positions, will get to the finish in 55 secs.
If a Player was starting at the starting point of the Pink car, one needs a 55 sec lap to win the race against the Green car (little green dots that end in 55 secs)

Having the cars staggered like this because of the differing lap times of the different cars leads to some interesting encounters as cars are being overtaken - sector by time sector there will be incidents that are unpredictable but in a predictable time-slot.

The race in motion:

IMG_3723_zpsaf3e44ee.jpg

What if Gasparini was the Green car? well, then, we have to be the Pink car. the other cars will be only coming in at 60 secs, and the last at 70 secs.

IMG_3724_zpsf11fc23f.jpg

Obviously if you take a car in there that does it in 40 secs, you'll be no better off than with a car that does it in 70 secs. It would be a boring race.

The 55 sec car is the 'matched' car.

This brings us to what I'm going to refer to as the 'Rabbitline'
The Rabbitline is clearly marked and is quite visible - in fact if you never drive on the Rabbitline you will never find yourself trading paint with the AI.
The Rabbits only leave the Rabbitline to attack you - and even that only certain Rabbits are programmed to do, and again that only within a certain proximity.
They will also attack each other when faced with the same position/velocity equation.

I will provide photos presently to demonstrate all this.

Happy Racing! Give 'em hell! :D

Last edited:
Very interesting.

So what do we have here?

Besson, you guys may have noticed, is the fastest of the present crop of LM drivers - it also shows that the C60 Hybride is the fastest of the AI cars in this event.

Practically speaking - if one had a car/skills combo that would give them a maximum lap time of 4:10.000 this would bring them closer to a 'dead heat' race; in effect racing at break-neck speed right through the race because you and the major opponent(s) are equally matched.
The race could be raced over and over - no doubt the chances of losing are as equal to winning and therefore the lure of suspense or unpredictability will remain until the Player gets better.
At this point again a reduction in the performance of the Player's car will be required as a handicap to their improved skills at the same event against the same opponents.

This proves that every race in Career mode has the potential to be race-engineered to fit the Player's optimum - it only remains to the Player to learn how to play the game as it is designed so as to get the best race experience (factoring car/skills equation) from it.

'Matched opponents' is always at the core of engineering a perfect race - whether to race in, or watch.

You guys deserve your name up in lights for taking the time to grind out this data.

As we have leaned to a degree, the Rabbits have an expansion/contraction window - this is usually about 30 secs for the lead Rabbit.
If we let Besson run on his own and we play back-marker his time would be around 4:40:00.
If we had a car/skills combo that could give us a max lap time of 4:10:00, and pushed it to the limit, then we were sure to have, all things being equal, a fight to the finish with Besson, other cars also linked by the central brain, to react to us and spoil our chances.
I've engineered hundreds of races with this crowd - they've given me breathless loads of fun.

My time had Besson go 7 tenths faster with a 4:08.341, in perfect circumstances he could do a 4:07.

As for the new time to beat, I'm aimed to take it on tomorrow. ;)👍

So this means that to beat Besson here at his fastest we need a car/skills combo that can do at least 4:06 - or for an exciting race, then at most, 4:06.

Haven't retaken this challenge yet, but I think I'll take a couple of matched cars in for some racing fun, and then a high-powered boulevard cruiser (read 'tooned LM55' :lol:) to see how fast Besson does to keep up with me.
I took the pod racer - the 2X - to the race and they basically ignored me and conducted a race on their own. :lol:

Last few days for the challenges to be over - I'm surprised no one has challenged my time in the Beginner's Seasonals. MG! I might even have my name up there with aliens! :crazy:

I have a 'Raindancer' challenge lined up as well - one lap at the Ring in the rain - and some others, but let's see what the next round of Seasonals are like before we set up some in-House challenges.

The offline event at Laguna Seca using the LM55 is also a great event - especially after the related events at Laguna Seca online.

Very interesting.

So what do we have here?

Let's take a look at these diagrams:

The different colors are cars, and their lap times around a course (think Pocono! :lol:)

IMG_3721_zps9016d988.jpg

The orange car has a 10 sec lead over the purple car, the teal car a 10 sec handicap to the purple car.
In a 1 lap race they will all finish up at the line at around the same time.
Where would the player put themselves in this race for a 'good' race?

Let's add more cars:

IMG_3722_zpsecb98cf3.jpg

There are two cars here that, from their starting positions, will get to the finish in 55 secs.
If a Player was starting at the starting point of the Pink car, one needs a 55 sec lap to win the race against the Green car (little green dots that end in 55 secs)

Having the cars staggered like this because of the differing lap times of the different cars leads to some interesting encounters as cars are being overtaken - sector by time sector there will be incidents that are unpredictable but in a predictable time-slot.

The race in motion:

IMG_3723_zpsaf3e44ee.jpg

What if Gasparini was the Green car? well, then, we have to be the Pink car. the other cars will be only coming in at 60 secs, and the last at 70 secs.

IMG_3724_zpsf11fc23f.jpg

Obviously if you take a car in there that does it in 40 secs, you'll be no better off than with a car that does it in 70 secs. It would be a boring race.

The 55 sec car is the 'matched' car.

This brings us to what I'm going to refer to as the 'Rabbitline'
The Rabbitline is clearly marked and is quite visible - in fact if you never drive on the Rabbitline you will never find yourself trading paint with the AI.
The Rabbits only leave the Rabbitline to attack you - and even that only certain Rabbits are programmed to do, and again that only within a certain proximity.
They will also attack each other when faced with the same position/velocity equation.

I will provide photos presently to demonstrate all this.

Happy Racing! Give 'em hell! :D
Very nice mate, I might try this and see how fast can Besson can go.

Noooooooooo! :banghead:

:grumpy: There goes even my faintest hope to snag the 'Speed Demon' Award.

At this rate I'll be getting the 'Lawnmower' Award, and that would be it.

Only good thing is the harvest of credits and the sheer blinding speed in this event. Speedfix or nothing.

1799_zps66307165.jpg

One more thing we've got out of this particular challenge - apart from the fact that the LM55 is fast:
To really enjoy neck-to-neck racing with Besson and a few of the fast ones in this race is to detune the Mazda so that the maximum lap you could get out of it depending on skills is a 4:06:00 - 4:10:00 lap.
You could apply this to any car that the event will take. I have tried several, the Toronado, Red Devil, most of the LMs, and of course my favourite for guaranteed neck-to-neck racing with these Rabbits - a 640 PP Nardo.
I catch Besson and his henchmen in the middle of the first tunnel, and then it's fender to fender from there all the way to the finish line.

To do sub-4:00 and this deep into the 3:00s is phenomenal guys!!
Obviously, Besson and crowd don't have a chance of keeping Gold away from us in this event if you have the Mazda LM55, even with average skills -- or even as just a beginner to GT6 - the Experts have shown what is really possible. :)

20150105_183432.jpg
Getting a bit bored with the holiday seasonals so I thought I'd give this a bash. Managed to get Mr Chapman to go a bit quicker but I had to play with him to make him think he was in with a chance. When I went quicker he just gave up.

A mid 3:48? That's cute and all but err.....

View attachment 285593

Yeah. :lol:

But seriously, I loving the competition on this event, which is what @photonrider wants.

Plus some extra AI info for the other group of Rabbits that show up. 👍

0.175 seconds.. Really! That's it mister, gloves are coming off. Good time there, I'll see what can be done about it later..

Enjoying the competition here. Most fun I've had in a while. Clearly aliens are invading the rabbit hole.

rabbit-carrots_zps36731730.jpg

Edit:

I've adjusted the OP to reflect some of the recent Time Sheets.

I'm very glad you guys are catching on to the game and having fun challenging each other. I'm sure many of you out there may be also trying and not making anywhere near the times that some of the fast ones are posting, and so you don't bother to bring in your sheets - however, all info is welcome; if you are within seconds or so of the top spots don't hesitate to show what you got, especially if it also shows the rabbits' times.
It is only by study that we can be sure of what the AI does, and does not do.

Have done a few more runs tonight and managed to beat the previous time by a fair bit which also got Besson to run a 4:07 race twice......

All good fun........ [Cr.2.5 million of fun] :cool: :lol: :D :cheers: 👍

I'm really happy to see you here, too, and immensely glad you took pleasure in the runs. This particular race in Career Mode is a 'fastcash' event and combined with its short time and high-speed thrills is a great 'do over' event. One can also match a car easily for close races, once one notes the top time of the lead Rabbit.

I have noted that Rabbits, while having a certain inbuilt program (a default program as such) will also eventually take the racing characteristics of the Player.
To put it another way - a Player's Rabbits (to a point) are only as good as the Player - as if learning to be what they will be from the Player's racing habits.

A fast Player will have fast rabbits. A bland racer will end up with bland Rabbits.
As the Time Sheets build up we will see this pattern emerge.
I'm amazed that Besson is doing 4:07s for some of you. That's faster than some of the Players can run. And probably Besson takes the perfect textbook fastest line to get that time.
Would be amazing to get into his car and watch his line.

0.175 seconds.. Really! That's it mister, gloves are coming off. Good time there, I'll see what can be done about it later..

My gloves are off and my hands are raw and my rabbits are slow and I still can't get them to run faster.
Obviously I got to run faster. :crazy:

Enjoying the competition here. Most fun I've had in a while. Clearly aliens are invading the rabbit hole.

It's you guys that make this happen. 👍 :cheers:

Good thing the Whoosier Rule is in effect. :lol:

Last edited:
I'm really happy to see you here, too, and immensely glad you took pleasure in the runs. This particular race in Career Mode is a 'fastcash' event and combined with its short time and high-speed thrills is a great 'do over' event. One can also match a car easily for close races, once one notes the top time of the lead Rabbit.

I have noted that Rabbits, while having a certain inbuilt program (a default program as such) will also eventually take the racing characteristics of the Player.
To put it another way - a Player's Rabbits (to a point) are only as good as the Player - as if learning to be what they will be from the Player's racing habits.

A fast Player will have fast rabbits. A bland racer will end up with bland Rabbits.
As the Time Sheets build up we will see this pattern emerge.
I'm amazed that Besson is doing 4:07s for some of you. That's faster than some of the Players can run. And probably Besson takes the perfect textbook fastest line to get that time.
Would be amazing to get into his car and watch his line.

This is one of my very last runs from last night, it's faster than my previous time but Besson is only giving a 4:09 race here and I believe that it is because he was not front of the pack for this lineup and had to make a few passes in the first sector to get in front, whereas he was the pole runner when he ran the 4:07 race's behind me....

LM55@LTW2[3'48.942]c.jpg

@WhoosierGirl .. WOW .. I'm pushing it and barely making 3:48, don't think I will be seeing the low end of a 3:47 anytime soon. DAM IT!!! :crazy: :D

Last edited:
Well . . . there's nowayback now. Things are heating up.

imagestantrumrabbit_zpse9fd9dfe.jpg

Fastest I can do at this event, 717 PP, tranny at 261 MPH, nitro-less, is a 4:10, my lead rabbits usually a second - second and a half behind me. At that speed still a close enough race for me to get my pulse racing.
I see you guys are reaching deep down into the rabbit hole now, digging up 3:45s - astounding work, and showing that Besson, the Frenchman in the pesky C60, and Wexler, the German in the C9 are the fastest rabbits, as well as Goncalves, in the 905B, also from France, and Brit Allison running the 88C-V, also make good showings.

We can see in nowcontrol's last Time Sheet that these four are running an incredibly close race - in effect conducting an intense race of their own while trying to catch up with nowcontrol; to have a pack of racers like that to arrange a race with is quite something. In fact just watching the replay of them racing must be something.

We're coming down to the finish line for all events - close off time will be when the Holiday Seasonals (currently on the Online Boards) will end.
Unless someone has a 'trump-card' time hidden away to be thrown down at the last moment, the winners seem to be apparent now.

Thank you all, once again, for participating; I'm hoping you are all - both winning-time-sheet owners and others who took the challenges even knowing you would have slower times - are beginning to get more out of GT6 (especially Offline) with this project and are not only harvesting ample credits as well as improving your performance, but are also enjoying some good racing with the rabbits.

Give them a race, too, now and then, eh? You'll be amazed eventually at how well they get to know you.

Well I am getting faster with each session, but am still far off from what has been shown to be achievable. I seriously doubt that I will ever match those times. :boggled:

LM55@LTW2[3'48.481]c.jpg

@photonrider .. put the speed to 286mph and run minimum DF and use the slipstream as much as you can before you reach the front of the pack. 👍

@nowayback Yes. Let's keep it simple for now. We follow the rules as per the events, as per all game assists, aids, etc allow. This levels the playing field.
If one can't do it one way, do it another way.
Whoosier Rule. To each their own. Applies to pretty much everything; look for it in the OED one day.

The options are there to use all available weapons; if one complains that they are 'better' fighters if the guns are taken away and everybody given knives, that's just complaining about the inability to use guns.
If a player cannot use all what the game offers, when the options are there, to get the fastest possible time in the game, then we aren't using all the game offers to get the fastest possible time in the game.
Obviously I have the option to go full bore, but I was myself experimenting with settings with a view to a whole different line of research - so don't worry too much about what I'm doing myself; I have to sometimes put a Time sheet up with a lower time to encourage people to get going.
Having said that, I can admit that even if I used every possible option to make this game car go any faster in the game I still wouldn't be anywhere near your time.
Mastering the game is not necessarily trying to master driving the car without brakes.
Or complaining about the lack of Michelin Sport Cup 2s.
What we're after is stats - and performances judged across a very level playing field.

The only thing not allowed, of course, is hacking.
But hacking is eventually (and sometimes easily) spotted.
All you fast ones are running neck-and-neck times . . within seconds of each other - obviously you are all not hacking.
A hacked time will eventually stand out, be queried and investigated.

This is not to say I'm against hacking.
Eventually we should be able to also arrange hybrid events - those of you into that sport will have to wait a bit till these regular Career Mode Events played against each other Online via GTPlanet is strongly up and running before we get daring and put up some other spectacular set-ups, too.

For now we play honourably according to the rules of the game as it was developed. Whether one runs default, all off, or all on, is a personal gamer's choice. Get the best out of the settings available. That only makes sense when playing a video-game.

Patience and dedication will evolve this project into events finally that will finally provide dishes to suit all tastes.

@@photonrider .. put the speed to 286mph and run minimum DF and use the slipstream as much as you can before you reach the front of the pack. 👍

Damn good tips, nowcontrol. 👍 Shall definitely try that, too. ;)

:cheers:

Back