GT6 'MY HOME' HUB: Awards time.

• Thread starter photonrider
  • 3,027 comments
OP updated with new Scoreboards to reflect latest Leader Board leaders.

Also looking for a Timesheet that shows fastest time overall at the present Expert Level Seasonals at Toscana.
I'm looking for a Timesheet that shows an overall winning time between 6:00:00 - 6:15:00 - seems from tests that the fastest Rabbit in the herd runs at around 6:15:00.
If you have such a Timesheet captured please do send it in (much appreciated!) so that I can set up a 'RALLY MONSTER Award' for the fastest runner in that race. Would also be interesting to see what car is being used.

Just happened to have a sheet for you.

WP_20150116_002.jpg

Shots fired! War declared!

Thanks MTM, Whoosier . . .
Now the battle begins in earnest.

Actually, I was viewing the Wall of Fame the other day - and there were many good memories in there. Nostalgia already builds up when I remember the battles with Papp, Besson, David . . . and the competitiveness of the Hunters.

:cheers:

OP updated with new Scoreboards to reflect latest Leader Board leaders.

Also looking for a Timesheet that shows fastest time overall at the present Expert Level Seasonals at Toscana.
I'm looking for a Timesheet that shows an overall winning time between 6:00:00 - 6:15:00 - seems from tests that the fastest Rabbit in the herd runs at around 6:15:00.
If you have such a Timesheet captured please do send it in (much appreciated!) so that I can set up a 'RALLY MONSTER Award' for the fastest runner in that race. Would also be interesting to see what car is being used.

Hopefully some hasenpfeffer for the pot............
imagejpeg_2 (2).jpg

Osterhagen did 6:09:152?!

That is one fast Rabbit - and fastest time I've seen anywhere on the Internet, on any Gran Turismo site.

Definitely one of the 'Aliens' among the Rabbits.

;)

Good job, croozer - that had to be an ultra-clean run; you seem to have avoided all the hidden 'penalties' that prevent a Player from going 'too fast' for the game's 'playability'.
I'm glad you solved your image-uploading problems, too - tenacious, tenacious . . . :) 👍

I read your time as : 6:03:850 and driving a C4 WRC '08. Ok?

Shots fired! War declared!

Thanks MTM, Whoosier . . .
Now the battle begins in earnest.

Actually, I was viewing the Wall of Fame the other day - and there were many good memories in there. Nostalgia already builds up when I remember the battles with Papp, Besson, David . . . and the competitiveness of the Hunters.

Well I was expecting @WhoosierGirl to beat that time at some point to be honest and it's hers to keep, she earned it. 👍

However, it does now release me and allow me to set my sights on the RainDancer challenge. :mischievous:

Come hell or standing water,:P I'm going to at least try and walk away with that award. :D

Osterhagen did 6:09:152?!

That is one fast Rabbit - and fastest time I've seen anywhere on the Internet, on any Gran Turismo site.

Definitely one of the 'Aliens' among the Rabbits.

;)

Good job, croozer - that had to be an ultra-clean run; you seem to have avoided all the hidden 'penalties' that prevent a Player from going 'too fast' for the game's 'playability'.
I'm glad you solved your image-uploading problems, too - tenacious, tenacious . . . :) 👍

I read your time as : 6:03:850 and driving a C4 WRC '08. Ok?
Yes, they are the figures. Check out Hall's run. The German rabbit is quicker again. Hence, Hasenphefer. rabbit stew!!!!

Well I was expecting @WhoosierGirl to beat that time at some point to be honest and it's hers to keep, she earned it. 👍

However, it does now release me and allow me to set my sights on the RainDancer challenge. :mischievous:

Come hell or standing water,:P I'm going to at least try and walk away with that award. :D

That's the spirit; hell or high water shouldn't stand in your way when walking . . . away with the award. :lol:
It seems though that top runners, like yourself and Whoosier, as well as the many others involved in here, never give up. That's not just your passion for the game; that's passion for competition - and this game provides the field that we compete in. For medium pacers like me, and many others, that's very inspirational, and forces us to do better.

Osterhagen did a 6:08.975

Great work capturing that. :) 👍

Some 'rabbit' thoughts :

The pattern becomes more significant now.
In fact, the pattern is either evolving to its fruition, or PD devs are constantly working to tweak these rabbits, and perfect them.
This is how it seems to work:

Let's say a Player does 6:30:00.
Now it's the 2-3 lead rabbits that are programmed to be flexible enough to 'meet the challenge' so one of them will take the lead (let's say Osterhagen) and do 6:15:00; this encourages the Player to race faster.

Now Player does 6:25.
Then Osterhagen does 6:20 in that race - basically adjusting his time to 'fit' the Player's abilities.

Now Player does 6:23:00
Osterhagen will do 6:22:00

At this point the race is getting 'closer' thereby encouraging the Player to 'keep at it' - in effect 'keep playing the game'.
Now let's say Player does 6:22:00.
At this point Osterhagen will have to do something between 6:21:500 and 6:22:500.

What Osterhagen will do in that final race is where the unpredictability (the suspense attendant in close racing) kicks in - either you will make mistakes and lose, or Osterhagen will miscalculate and lose - usually within a split-second.
Once the Player reaches this point (critical mass as such) the race can be played and replayed over and over, and Osterhagen will always give you a very close race - in fact the perfect 50/50 chance of winning/losing.

Some call this (due to their POV) 'rubber-banding'. We can also call it 'flexibility' - the kind of flexibility that turns these rabbits into the perfect racing opponents. They 'flex' within a certain window to fit the Player.

One may even go as far as to say that there are hundreds (if not thousands) of 'perfect' races in Gran Turismo 6; one just has to engineer the race to fit - and that only because there are hundreds of cars, dozens of tracks, and a multitude of rabbits (each of them having several cars at their disposal.)
Whenever I hear Players saying that there is no racing in this game - then I know they ain't playing this game but doing something else altogether - or maybe their definition of the 'perfect' race is where opponents ram them at the first corner, scream obscenities through the mics, and take off in an illegal car.

While running the present Muscle Car event at Willow I noticed that not only were the rabbits racing me 'to fit' but were also racing each other, getting in each other's, and my, way.
If the Player takes off into the distance and leaves the rabbits to trail behind them, they would never notice what was going on with the AI behind them (unless they watched a replay carefully.)
If the Player doesn't overtake 'too soon', the field behind them (around the 3rd/4th lap in a 5 lap race) 'clumps' together and provides close-contact and quite exciting racing at this point. If the Player gets through that traffic and reaches the top rabbits, then they have a race to the finish with these rabbits in the last lap.

What happens when the Player cuts corners or rams the rabbits and exceeds what would be called a 'fair time' for that particular event?
That is where the hidden penalties kick in to keep the Player in line.

It's how we play the game that matters more than just 'winning' it - because when we play the game the way it was designed to be played it can be a very useful tool in engineering a good race at any given time.

Yes, they are the figures. Check out Hall's run. The German rabbit is quicker again. Hence, Hasenphefer. Rabbit stew!!!!

:lol: You're still on top! But that hasenphefer is now heating up good. I shall put up on Sunday in the OP all the fastest times that were provided by then - keep racing! Never know what those rabbits will pull out of their hats.

Have a great day, guys! Happy racing!

I have a defective Osterhagen. :(

He's not going beyond 6:18. I'm going to have to ask PD for a refund.

I'm kidding! :)
I did some tests this afternoon on Osterhagen's 'low' times.
Seems like if the Player cripples their car, then the Rabbits also cripple themselves.
If you're dressed to kill - then the Rabbits hop to it.
If you've stripped your machine of all aids, then the Rabbits run slow, too; basically you win 'slow' races.

More later - taking five at work and can't post much.
See you guys tonight - with all the details.

I have a defective Osterhagen. :(

He's not going beyond 6:18. I'm going to have to ask PD for a refund.

I'm kidding! :)
I did some tests this afternoon on Osterhagen's 'low' times.
Seems like if the Player cripples their car, then the Rabbits also cripple themselves.
If you're dressed to kill - then the Rabbits hop to it.
If you've stripped your machine of all aids, then the Rabbits run slow, too; basically you win 'slow' races.

More later - taking five at work and can't post much.
See you guys tonight - with all the details.

When you do update the OP, don't forget about this. :D

image.jpg

1 internet cookie for whoever guesses the tyres I used on this lap. :P

*raises hand.

Comfort Hards, ABS, TCS off?

Wait . . . that would add a whole minute to your lap time. And the lap times of your rabbits, too.

Hmm. I know.

RMs?

Back to freshen OP - hope I can get it done before being pulled away by the bunnies at home.

Knowing Vic, my guess would be SH tyres! Just FYI, I like chocolate in my cookies! :lol:

Cheers

Hi! Baron. You never know with Vic - he's a bit of a rabbit, too. :lol:
SH would be a fair guess - I used IMs myself - had a clean run but nowhere near the marks these guys are setting for us.

Well . . . OP freshened and a new Challenge up - that brings the total Challenges available to four.
Beginner and Intermediate Online Challenges will be posted soon - Timesheets required - don't let the Camp Cook hang up his tatty hides - send yours in if you have done a fairly decent Time.
I see that MTM79 is leading the trophy count. Great job, man! :cheers:

croozer and nowayback have probably gone back to the chopping block and sharpening their knives. ;)

Something to remember - Osterhagen's run at Toscana depends on his starting position. When he's on pole he's the fastest. If he is sent back down the starting line he will give you less of a hard time, since he has to get through traffic himself.
If he is not in the field at all . . . well, have a field day.

I'm still awed that Vic waltzed a Huayra in the rain. :boggled:

Last edited:
Good job! I might actually have to start tuning my Impreza to get to 5:58. ;)
Thank for that, that was not a clean lap at 5:58, I made to many mistakes but I will give it another go and see if I can get a clean lap in. 👍

Edit: I think this will be the end of this A-Spec rally event for me, because my G27 is going to self-destruct if I keep continuing at this.

Last edited:
Quite enjoyable, this one :D

Trying to avoid the default Evo, and have a few cars that run sub 6 mins.

The fastest so far...

Attachments

• IMG-20150117-00194.jpg
    IMG-20150117-00194.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 8
Well I will say @photonrider was closer in his guess, it wasn't RM's but full blown slicks.

I am of course talking about RS tyres. :D
Also TCS was off too. :sly:

So how do you have them? white chocolate, normal or dark? :P

"Can I haz cookies, too?"
"Back off, Jenkins! The cookies are mine!"

I tried RS myself first and was quite suspicious about their performance (to good) but went back to IMs. I have noticed the AI using RS sometimes in wet weather - it's like they know what's ahead. Damn cheaters. :lol:
So that was a good choice in the end - great gaming!
Having played GT5 for years offline I got to 'know' the dev's little quirks well - these guys are 'playing' against us. But we'll beat them!
That really is not an easy event - kudos!

I think this will be the end of this A-Spec rally event for me, because my G27 is going to self-destruct if I keep continuing at this.

Conspiracy theory: It's a ploy by Kaz, Jordan and Thrustmaster to get us to buy new wheels.

Quite enjoyable, this one :D

The fastest so far...

The big guns are blazing!!

*puts away handbag pistol.

Edit: I think this will be the end of this A-Spec rally event for me, because my G27 is going to self-destruct if I keep continuing at this.

I don't use my new wheel for rallies... the constant rattling just knackers the gears eventually.

DS3 FTW :D

:boggled:

*throws away ladder and goes off to buy Skyjack.

Back later tonight to finalise OP for this week. A huge pat on the back for those who kept trying to whittle down those times. And a special thanks to Stotty for some great tips about Toscana. 👍

Many of you front runners run very close - split seconds apart. If Panoz can do it, you should be able to get close; so if you do bring your sheets in so we can verify his time. It's quite a jump. ;)
As for Osterhagen . . .:crazy:
Panoz must race with some very fast rabbits in his usual game.

Okay - OP all updated for the week - and three new challenges to be worked on now added. We have two weeks left before entries close - so don't you guys burn yourselves out. Relax, have fun, attack the challenges when you are fresh. It's amazing to see the timings that come in - and what Players can do.
When we play this game alone we really cannot compare and compete; this way we play it together.
Don't be disheartened if your efforts seemingly go to waste - they aren't going to waste; we see these sheets and we know what can be done. So we all try harder.
Thanks to all! 👍

H.

*gets off Skyjack and faints.

With my G27 getting repaired I hooked up my DFGT (saved it for a reason, lol) to play in the dirt. Tried a few different cars, a couple different rabbits ran under six minutes.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

The magic number seem to be 5:44 for the rabbit to run under six minute, anything faster and they seem to give up some.

image.jpg image.jpg

Back