GT6 News Discussion

• Thread starter Matty
  • 8,352 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, but he can't post until PD allows him too. So I was wondering if there is anyone else who can just tell us, but it seems nobody can. Which is weird, because this site is pretty large. Someone should have went there.
does PD own this site? No.
if they talked about future updates in public then there is no reason to wait for PD to allow it.
its not anything Top Secret.i think he is just preparing the article to post soon

does PD own this site? No.
if they talked about future updates in public then there is no reason to wait for PD to allow it.
its not anything Top Secret.i think he is just preparing the article to post soon
Good point, but if GTPlanet want the closer relationship to continue, it might be an idea to respect PD wishes.

I agree it's probably still being written though.

Is complaining all you ever do? Seems like whenever I see a post from you it's nearly always about how GT sucks and nothing is ever good enough for you. So I ask, why do you even bother? Just play something else...

Go read every single post of mine and tell me that is "all I ever do". Such a BS statement.

I do play all kinds of other games and do lots of other things beside game/sim, even in winter, so do most other people who also play GT6 I'm sure. What does that have to do with GT6 being huge disappointment? Absolutely nothing.

GT6 career was over in a blink of an eye compared to all other GTs.

People "waiting for scraps" in updates and news is just sad, because even though there are tons of cars and tracks, there's nothing new to do with them after a few weeks of playing because career is so small and done so quick, even when trying to take your time.

"Grinding" in GT6 is awful. But that's the only way to get all those cars unless you want to pay $120 for a few of them with micro transactions.

1st pit stop rear racing tire wear bugs wreck most advanced career mode races too, the only ones with even half decent ai that don't "wait for you", and make most career races pointless and boring. .. not going to re-argue about how bad GT6 is right now, everyone knows the problems with it.

Online MP in GT6 has major problems, especially because of pit stop tire wear bug and other bugs, but even if it was perfect it not a substitute for the rest of the game.

We should have a huge list of interesting and varied seasonal races to do already in GT6.. We should have a lot of things to do right now besides waiting for scraps in news and updates. GT5 still has more seasonal races coming out than GT6.. not talking about boring time trials that are done in 3 minutes because they are so easy.

Yeah and it's not just me that's disappointed overall with GT6 if you haven't noticed.. so you better start trolling the threads to defend it all day long, you could make a full time job of that. You'll have a lot of people to respond to, to tell them to go play something else and ask "if all they do is complain".

I guess you think only people with adoration and blind praise for GT6 should be allowed to voice their opinion on GTP? No? Then get off my back if everything I say about it isn't positive.

BWX
Go read every single post of mine and tell me that is "all I ever do". Such a BS statement.

I do play all kinds of other games and do lots of other things beside game/sim, even in winter, so do most other people who also play GT6 I'm sure. What does that have to do with GT6 being huge disappointment? Absolutely nothing.

People "waiting for scraps" in updates and news is just sad, because even though there are tons of cars and tracks, there's nothing new to do with them after a few weeks of playing because career is so small and done so quick, even when trying to take your time.

"Grinding" in GT6 is awful. But that's the only way to get all those cars unless you want to pay $120 for a few of them with micro transactions.

1st pit stop rear racing tire wear bugs wreck most advanced career mode races too, the only ones with even half decent ai that don't "wait for you", and make most career races pointless and boring. .. not going to re-argue about how bad GT6 is right now, everyone knows the problems with it.

Online MP in GT6 has major problems, especially because of pit stop tire wear bug and other bugs, but even if it was perfect it not a substitute for the rest of the game.

We should have a huge list of interesting and varied seasonal races to do already in GT6.. We should have a lot of things to do right now besides waiting for scraps in news and updates. GT5 still has more seasonal races coming out than GT6.. not talking about boring time trials that are done in 3 minutes because they are so easy.

Yeah and it's not just me that's disappointed overall with GT6 if you haven't noticed.. so you better start trolling the threads to defend it all day long, you could make a full time job of that. You'll have a lot of people to respond to, to tell them to go play something else and ask "if all they do is complain".

I guess you think only people with adoration and blind praise for GT6 should be allowed to voice their opinion on GTP? No? Then get off my back if everything I say about it isn't positive.
This just proves my point. :lol:

This just proves my point. :lol:
What? That I have specific facts and examples to back up my criticisms and dissatisfaction, and all you can do is deflect and make personal attacks that have nothing to do with the topic? In this case, waiting for news, and lack of good news (news of more races, news of fixing bugs, etc., in my case)?

While different people have different experiences with the game, 60 bucks for me was a good price for the game. The game was a bit short, but it had good events and it's longer than other racing games. For me, the physics are fine and I like to do some races again with different cars. I rarely encounter bugs and none of them are gamebreaking.

If I want longer or more races, I'll play GT5. It actually only has better events. GT5 wasn't finished when it came out either though. At least now we get more content a month after release instead of a full year.

Also: online racing.
One huge bug that wrecks a lot of the S-Spec races that should be the ones that are "fun" to grind is the pit stop tire wear bug.

It wrecks the only real "race" experience career mode races that involve half decent ai and pit stops, racing tires, fuel management, tire wear management, etc. Also the Ai that pit on last lap, and that have ridiculous pit strategy kill most of the fun in those races. Bad Ai pit stop strategy kills fun and challenge of races that don't have racing tire pit stop bug, like the Willow non racing cars first S-Spec race.

So to me, they are quite game breaking in that way. Why aren't those bugs fixed, like last week? Makes no sense. This is when most people will be playing the game, not months and months from now when they end up fixing important bugs.

There's a lot of good on GT6..FF, GFX *for a PS3 game*, most of the cars physics (if they aren't bugged like Audi LM), number and quality of cars and tracks but a lot of it is wrecked by other problems that are not being addressed soon enough like ai that slow down and are way too easy in most of the career, pit stop bug, etc, etc..

Last edited:
BWX

I think you're angry. Is it because you are trying to catch attention or you're just upset because there is no helicopter in the game?

No, that all you do is whine. We all know there are issues with the game, we see them every day. You don't need to come on here and point it out all the time. WE KNOW. Get over it or move on.
Here we go with more personal attacks and deflection when you cannot actually defend your position.
All you do it "whine about anyone whining". There are you happy I am stooping to your level now? Get over yourself. You are not anyone's boss here, and have no business ordering people to do anything. It isn't your place.

I think you're angry. Is it because you are trying to catch attention or you're just upset because there is no helicopter in the game?

Oh, ok.. here we go with the GT apologists piling on anyone who has any gripes with GT6 and has the balls to come out and express their opinions on a GT fan-site.

I have no idea where you get off telling me I'm "angry" when I am talking about, in the grand scheme of things on this planet, a pointless, and ultimately useless "video game".. If I were talking about something that actually mattered in the world, I might spend the effort to get "angry". No, what I am is dissatisfied with GT6, exactly what I said. Make sure not to forget to "like" R1600Turbo's posts..

BWX
Here we go with more personal attacks and deflection when you cannot actually defend your position.
All you do it "whine about anyone whining". There are you happy I am stooping to your level now? Get over yourself. You are not anyone's boss here, and shouldn't be ordering people to do anything. It isn't your place.

Oh, ok.. here we go with the GT apologists piling on anyone who has any gripes with GT6 and has the balls to come out and express their opinions on a GT fan-site.

I have no idea where you get off telling me I'm "angry" when I am talking about, in the grand scheme of things on this planet, a pointless, and ultimately useless "video game".. If I were talking about something that actually mattered in the world, I might spend the effort to get "angry". No, what I am is dissatisfied with GT6, exactly what I said. Make sure not to forget to "like" R1600Turbo's posts..
Calm down. Your raging posts isn't going to intimidate anyone.

Calm down. Your raging posts isn't going to intimidate anyone.
Quit making things up about me and my posts and spouting them as facts.

I'm not raging, and I'm not trying to intimidate anyone.

If you feel intimidated, maybe it's because you're out of your league.

Oh, and you double posted.
*EDIT*.. No, you quadruple posted. WTH?!

edit..

I'm done arguing with you people who happen to be trying to troll me right now..

So I won't be responding to you any more in this thread since you just want to throw personal attacks, and lies, and flame-bait, and not actually talk about GT6, and GT6 news, and what that might bring, or what we want it to bring, like my original post you trolled was about in the first place.

Instead all you want to do is attack the messenger. I'm done wasting time trying to talk any sense to you, since you just keep coming back with insults and flame-bait.

Last edited:
BWX
Quit making things up about me and my posts and spouting them as facts.

Not raging, not trying to intimidate.

If you feel intimidated, maybe it's because you're out of your league.

Oh, and you double posted.

edit..

I'm done arguing with you people who happen to be trying to troll me right now..

So I won't be responding to you any more in this thread since you just want to throw personal attacks, and lies, and flame-bait, and not actually talk about GT6, and GT6 news, and what that might bring, or what we want it to bring, like my original post you trolled was about.
Okay. At least you've calmed down a bit.

So here's a question for everybody, who else had a feeling that the new track was going to be huge? In the trailer you can see at one point the car is really far away from the lake that it was driving next to earlier in the video.

So here's a question for everybody, who else had a feeling that the new track was going to be huge? In the trailer you can see at one point the car is really far away from the lake that it was driving next to earlier in the video.
It is most likely the course maker because according to an Interview with Kaz at the Jalopnik Film festival, they will give players a track they made themselves and give the tools a little later on. Additionally the track is estimated to be 27 km long so its a huge track.

Can't we just wait for news and stop fighting each other for once?
If you actually read my posts in which I was defending myself, I was not "fighting" with anyone.

What I was doing was defending my position against forum members who were responding to my posts (about what I thought about GT6 news), with personal attacks, and basically just trying to start ****.

Trying to have a discussion or conversation, or even an honest argument doesn't work when one side just resorts to attacks because they cannot or will not defend their position.

I agree, it isn't pretty.

BWX
If you actually read my posts in which I was defending myself, I was not "fighting" with anyone.

What I was doing was defending my position against forum members who were responding to my posts about what I thought about GT6 news, with personal attacks, and basically just trying to start ****.

Trying to have a discussion or conversation, or even an honest argument doesn't work when one side just resorts to attacks because they cannot defend their position.

That's great, man - way to go. But this is completely the wrong thread for it. We're here in this thread to relay news and discuss, not argue or whine. I believe there is a few threads for that.

Looks like triple screen setup was shown in Japan.

http://www.gran-turismo.com/jp/news/00_5257544.html

*Long time lurker/1st post:gtpflag:

Welcome to the madhouse, sorry I meant to say forum :gtpflag:
And a good post to open up with 👍
Now, if you could translate it for us non Japanese it would be even better :P (Yes, I know I can use Google Translate or something but the joke would not work that way)

BWX

Apologists? I believe the word you're looking for is ''fans''. And I believe I will like R1600Turbo's posts, since they make more sense than yours.

It says,
"January 24 from Friday, January 27 until Monday, held in Marine Messe Fukuoka, Fukuoka Kokusai Center, at Fukuoka Convention Center, such as the "Fukuoka automobile exposition Fukuoka Motor Show 2014" and "Gran Turismo 6" I exhibited.

Marine Messe Fukuoka of 2F is "Gran Turismo 6" booth, you can experience the play in the three-screen multi-display which is the first time in Japan. In addition, "Gran Turismo" series producer Kazunori Yamauchi is an appearance scheduled for 13:00 to 15:00 and 11:00 to 12:00, on Sunday, January 26.

We are looking forward to your visit of everyone a lot.

※ There is a case to be changed to the above schedule. Please note."

So Kaz is also supposed to make an appearance here.

It says,
"January 24 from Friday, January 27 until Monday, held in Marine Messe Fukuoka, Fukuoka Kokusai Center, at Fukuoka Convention Center, such as the "Fukuoka automobile exposition Fukuoka Motor Show 2014" and "Gran Turismo 6" I exhibited.

Marine Messe Fukuoka of 2F is "Gran Turismo 6" booth, you can experience the play in the three-screen multi-display which is the first time in Japan. In addition, "Gran Turismo" series producer Kazunori Yamauchi is an appearance scheduled for 13:00 to 15:00 and 11:00 to 12:00, on Sunday, January 26.

We are looking forward to your visit of everyone a lot.

※ There is a case to be changed to the above schedule. Please note."

So Kaz is also supposed to make an appearance here.

Wait? There can't be TWO GT6 presentations...can there?

Geez... The bulk of the GT planet community reminds me of fight club... People get hyped, take a stance on something, hold it dear and personal, then someone steps in a booby trap and POW... The match begins...

Such a divided group, like a microcosm of modern day America...

I'm no peace maker, and in fact I promote argument as I work in a creative field, but the lack of any of it being constructive is exhausting.

So let's look at the trend I'm seeing after reading 1000 arguments; the attacker is alway with the weaker argument as they are defending some personal opinion... But the defender tends to have very well thought out defense and rational reasoning, then it gets personal, credibility is attacked, and it just goes downhill like a reality show based on housewives.

To be fair, even I'm frustrated as I feel I got a Ferrari but they didn't supply enough fuel to make it to the next gas station... So I sit in it all day going nowhere and over embellish in the new car smell and little widgets, elevating the value of the little things far beyond the fact that's its just a car, one I can't drive... Due to an over site on the manufacturer... But I still love it... Until I get tired of going nowhere...

I am rather shocked to see that there are almost no reports from the Taiwanese media on the GT6 event today at TpGS, considering the fact that Gran Turismo is a rather popular franchise in Taiwan (I still remember lining up with hundreds (nearly a thousand) of fans at the GT5 launch event in Taipei just to get the collector's edition). In fact, most links I see posted here are from People's Republic of China's media (hence the simplified Chinese)...so it's rather strange. It's most unfortunate that I am not living in Taiwan at the moment, or else I could've reported everything from the show...However, I did manage to find a few articles regarding Kaz's presentation, and after here is everything you need to know, in English (note that I've excluded information that we already know about):

• Kaz promises to introduce 35 new vehicles through the Vision GT project
  • 5 M-B Vision Gran Turismos (-moes?) will be reproduced in real life, with them being based on the 2014 SLS AMG GT (Kaz says he is very "touched" by this).
  • Kaz says that he insists on the "One person, one car" policy, in which every single car (premium, I suppose) must be modeled by one person only, from top to bottom, so that each staff member can reflect the qualities of Shokunins (職人), which is closely defined as "Craftsman" or "artisan" in English (Now we know why they can't make every standard into premiums...they should just hire more people, I think).
  • Kaz says a new 27Km track (most likely around Zahara and its lake, near Ronda, Spain) will be coming to GT6 soon as part of a new DLC (which will be launched sometime in February), along with two RB X2014 models:the RB X2014 Standard, and RB X2014 Fan Car. He later showed that same video we saw the other day on the live stream.
  • When asked about future developments, Kaz said that while development for GT7 was already underway, PD is still putting their main focus on constantly updating GT6 with new content.
  • A future announcement will be coming soon, though it's not made clear whether this is referring to GT7 or the new track that was mentioned earlier.
Also, at the end of the presentation, Kaz answered three fan questions (which were VERY inane):

1.) "Can we add nitrous to our cars in GT6?" Kaz: That feature is included in the game; simply visit the tuning shop.

2.) "When will GT7 be released? Will it be on the PS4" Kaz: Please be patient and do look forward to it.

3.) "How many cars in Gran Turismo do you own in real life?" Kaz: Five.

Additionally, U-car, an automotive website from Taiwan, said in an earlier report today that they would soon get an "exclusive" interview with Kaz at TpGS, claiming that they would "bring exciting news" from the interview. Who knows, maybe we'll be getting more out of TpGS later this weekend.

Sources (Taiwanese media): gamerhotline.tw udn.tw

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back