GT6 News Discussion

• Thread starter Matty
  • 8,352 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Call me crazy but I think I would prefer an event creation tool more than a track editor... Events add a bit more meaning to running tracks... Without them you just have tracks... And I'm not sure of the staying power of always running new tracks... Learning a new track isn't nearly as much fun as refining your skill on an existing track... To me anyway...

Does anybody care if the racing is good in this game? Can we get that straightened out (event creator, A.I. difficulty settings, etc.) before we get hyped about cars and tracks?

If nothing changed in their mindset of what makes a race in the 3 years that seperate GT5 and 6, I wouldn't expect any miracle fix any time soon. From their viewpoint, it's very likely they see nothing wrong.

Last edited:
Reactions: BWX
Yeah so you get more tracks to refine your skills on... All good.
Its more like situations to experience as improving your racing is all about anticipation, not reaction. Nearly every conceivable situation on a racetrack is covered in the existing tracks, and even newer tracks copy older tracks.

I think this feature is more about exploration and simulating real road driving and the sensation we get from a spirited drive in the mountains or country road... And I guess that's ok but just not my cup of tea...

Before we get A.I. difficulty, I'm hoping the A.I. gets tweaked to be more difficult. ;)

By that, I mean adjust the code so that the field is more bunched up, the bots don't brake so hard and crawl so much through turns, and give up when you get a lead of more than half a second on them. I've had some great races over the past few weeks offline with just the bots in the i-A series, and the only problem with it are those three mentions. I want to tailgate bots through turns and can't resist it many times, only to get a nose bruise when they slam on the brakes at weird moments. And then at the end of the race, the field is so spread out that after a mere five laps, the difference between first place and last can be more than a minute. I really wish it was more like 15 seconds, as that can be an eternity in racing.

The code is still there for fast bots, because lead rabbits sometimes show up. I would prefer this fix to a difficulty, since we can already make the racing as difficult as we want by car and tuning choices, which is what I do. So for a 600PP race, let the kids tune up to 650 so they can punch out a win.

Call me crazy but I think I would prefer an event creation tool more than a track editor... Events add a bit more meaning to running tracks... Without them you just have tracks... And I'm not sure of the staying power of always running new tracks... Learning a new track isn't nearly as much fun as refining your skill on an existing track... To me anyway...
I want both. ;) I love all that we've got in GT6, and part of that is the new tracks. Ascari has become my new home now.

I think the Event Maker might not appear until the online component is ready. If I was an online racer, I'd sure be throwing a fit if I could only use it offline to make races against those silly bots. And I suspect that a robust online structure is something they're working pretty hard on. I wouldn't be surprised if some sort of Livery Maker in concert with Race Mod aren't a part of it, at least with templates, because a big part of certain competing games is how wonderfully the gamers can create an online racing identity. I would think that with PD allowing us at some point to create and manage online clubs and leagues, this would be an essential part of that.

If nothing changed in their mindset of what makes a race in the 3 years that seperate GT5 and 6, I wouldn't expect any miracle fix any time soon. From their viewpoint, it's very likely they see nothing wrong.

Same with the course creator from GT5. My confidence is at an all time low.

Before we get A.I. difficulty, I'm hoping the A.I. gets tweaked to be more difficult. ;)

By that, I mean adjust the code so that the field is more bunched up, the bots don't brake so hard and crawl so much through turns, and give up when you get a lead of more than half a second on them. I've had some great races over the past few weeks offline with just the bots in the i-A series, and the only problem with it are those three mentions. I want to tailgate bots through turns and can't resist it many times, only to get a nose bruise when they slam on the brakes at weird moments. And then at the end of the race, the field is so spread out that after a mere five laps, the difference between first place and last can be more than a minute. I really wish it was more like 15 seconds, as that can be an eternity in racing.

The code is still there for fast bots, because lead rabbits sometimes show up. I would prefer this fix to a difficulty, since we can already make the racing as difficult as we want by car and tuning choices, which is what I do. So for a 600PP race, let the kids tune up to 650 so they can punch out a win.

I want both. ;) I love all that we've got in GT6, and part of that is the new tracks. Ascari has become my new home now.

I think the Event Maker might not appear until the online component is ready. If I was an online racer, I'd sure be throwing a fit if I could only use it offline to make races against those silly bots. And I suspect that a robust online structure is something they're working pretty hard on. I wouldn't be surprised if some sort of Livery Maker in concert with Race Mod aren't a part of it, at least with templates, because a big part of certain competing games is how wonderfully the gamers can create an online racing identity. I would think that with PD allowing us at some point to create and manage online clubs and leagues, this would be an essential part of that.
Ascari was a tough track for me to get used but eventually the flow just hit me and it was absolutely fantastic. Both fast and slow cars flow really nicely on that track. A real gem.

I'll also take both the track and event editor but as you know, my biggest gripe is lack of any real formalized structure and adding more meaning to why I play and providing more motivation and meaning to excel. The licenses and seasonal events are over faster than a demo :/

Ascari was a tough track for me to get used but eventually the flow just hit me and it was absolutely fantastic. Both fast and slow cars flow really nicely on that track. A real gem.

I'll also take both the track and event editor but as you know, my biggest gripe is lack of any real formalized structure and adding more meaning to why I play and providing more motivation and meaning to excel. The licenses and seasonal events are over faster than a demo :/

Ascari and Bathurst changed Gran Turismo forever.

I've been living a lot in Ascari too. Fantastic piece of track. Fantastic.

I'll also take both the track and event editor but as you know, my biggest gripe is lack of any real formalized structure and adding more meaning to why I play and providing more motivation and meaning to excel.
Believe me, I know where you're coming from. Even though I haven't done everything yet, I really don't want to as it's the stuff that's not really serious racing. Arcade Mode is gimped, so I've been racing in some of the i-A events over and over with different cars, and thanks to Ridox's marvelous tune I tweaked a bit, I've had a lot of fun with the Audi R8 Team Phoenix race car.

But there are only so many cars that can be sensibly "race modded" to fit in with these events, and so many race cars appropriate to them. Plus, doing the same ten or so races over and over is going to lose its glamour at some point. So I'm hoping the Course Maker, Event Maker and seriously upgraded online structure appear sooner than later to keep me going. I'm more of an offline guy, but racing with serious like minded folk really is pure chewing satisfaction. ;)

don't you guys think this "new track" shouldn't be "El Potrero de los Funes"??
circuito potrero aereo.jpg

Believe me, I know where you're coming from. Even though I haven't done everything yet, I really don't want to as it's the stuff that's not really serious racing. Arcade Mode is gimped, so I've been racing in some of the i-A events over and over with different cars, and thanks to Ridox's marvelous tune I tweaked a bit, I've had a lot of fun with the Audi R8 Team Phoenix race car.

But there are only so many cars that can be sensibly "race modded" to fit in with these events, and so many race cars appropriate to them. Plus, doing the same ten or so races over and over is going to lose its glamour at some point. So I'm hoping the Course Maker, Event Maker and seriously upgraded online structure appear sooner than later to keep me going. I'm more of an offline guy, but racing with serious like minded folk really is pure chewing satisfaction. ;)
Eco's my experience, wants, and thoughts almost exactly.

I've been intentionally playing in bite size amounts be cause the "end game" is approaching fast... Something that GT shouldn't have... Sure I can lap, but I don't want it to be the only option.

don't you guys think this "new track" shouldn't be "El Potrero de los Funes"??
(piccie snip just in case it eats bandwidth)
I think it definitely should be included at some point. Maybe when the Ayrton Senna stuff is ready to be launched.

In the meantime, I'm hoping that this new track is evidence of what Course Maker II is capable of. I know that Ronda is going to be one of the settings, so hopefully Zahara will be too. And it's looking like the wizards at PD are doing everything they can to squeeze a MASSIVE area into the game at once, so hopefully they can reach that goal of 50 x 50 km. That would rock SO hard.

If the online update (that oddly isn't being talked about much despite we are on the eve of its release) is robust enough and has decent enough regulation to promote series based racing, and is easy to jump into, I might even be tempted to go online more... But there is still the limitation in waiting for you're reliable buddies...

Stronger regs could make pickup online games a whole lot more enjoyable.

News GTPlanet :

Although the Sony and Polyphony Digital representatives on-hand at the event kept most of the details about the location secret, they did confirm we’ll be learning more about it in an update coming to the game this February.

We’ll also be learning more as Kazunori Yamauchi makes the next round of Gran Turismo 6 announcements the 2014 Taipei Game Show on January 25th. We’ll have full coverage of all the news from Taipei – stay tuned!

:gtpflag:

Yeah, Kaz said in an interview that there would be custom tracks made by PD using the course creator feature tool released before the actual tool is. It's meant to serve as a sample of what's possible.

So to the people saying that this is a course creator track, and those that are saying this is just a new track, you're both half wrong :) (or half right, if you're an optimist).

Can you post a link to that interview :)

Where is this video and "25th Announcement" come from?
The video was from the livestream on Twitch last night. The link is on the last page. The 25th announcement is about the Taipei Game Show, where A LOT of information is supposedly going to be released.

Anyone know what time Kaz is scheduled to give his presentation?
Have you heard of Google?

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/01...-ps3-microsoft-and-nintendo-wont-partecipate/
This year’s Taipei Game Show will be held between January 23rd and January 27th at the World Trade Center in Taipei, and Sony is set to rule the exhibition at least for what the console market is concerned, since both Microsoft and Nintendo aren’t going to be part of the celebrations.

In order to make the best impact Sony will bring the big guns, with 23 PS4 Games between first and third party, 20 PS Vita Games (of which two demonstrated on PS Vita TV), and 14 PS3 titles.

The company will also host a series of stage events with prominent developers in attendance, like Street Fighter Producer Yoshinori Ono, Soul Sacrifice Director Keiji Inafune, Gran Turismo Director Kazunori Yamauchi, Yakuza Producer Toshihiro Nagoshi, inFamous Producer Greg Phillips and quite a few more.

If you happen to be in Taipei during the event, you can find the full list of games on the show floorhere, and the stage event schedules here and here.

At the moment there’s no word about possible livestreams of the events, but we’ll keep you updated about any announcement on that front.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back