GT6 News Discussion

• Thread starter Matty
  • 8,352 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that piece of news i brought worth a buck ?
We call it even... Lol

YES! :cheers: Triple screen is something I've been actually been keeping an eye out for. Already got 2 PS3's and two identical Asus Monitors.. so if this feature shows up in the display setting menu in one of the next updates I'll be scooping up another monitor and PS3.. whooo! I remember a few years back, the Taipei Game show was the first to publicly show GT5 running with 5 displays, so that what we call keeping the tradition going. :cool:

Edit: This would be what I'm talking about.

Last edited:
Reminds me of that piece of road used for some demo videos using GT5 for the first Toyota FT-86 concept and the Ferrari 458.

The road shown in the Toyota FT-86 concept trailer is the unreleased Eiger Long Circuit.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...st-not-a-wishlist.115188/page-94#post-4062929

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...st-not-a-wishlist.115188/page-94#post-4063803

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...st-not-a-wishlist.115188/page-96#post-4067471

It's the same race and settings, it changes randomly each time you exit then enter.
However, you can change the weather itself, which will affect the start point from where the rest is generated.

Tsukuba Circuit (2).jpg

Tsukuba Circuit_11.jpg

Full wet track after rain...

No driving game came without its own set of issues but one was far more forgivable than the rest. Gran Turismo 6 brought the franchise back with a ton of significant improvements and more cars than you could ever want to drive. Everything from the menus to the racing physics made it a more approachable and enjoyable game. It may still have the same issues that have plagued the series for years, but the rest of the Gran Turismo 6 is so expansive that it’s hard to find fault. The pros outweigh the few cons, even if they have been around for 15 years.

Pretty much what he's saying (to me btw). Is despite all the cons people here seem to pick up all the time, GT6 is still a good game that could remain enjoyable for fans of the franchise.

I remember this one person who told me, despite all the flaws Shift 2 had, it was still enjoyable to him. This is how I picture GT6 as well, although with bugs fixes added in updates. :P

Last edited:
I just finished watching the McLaren Lowdown about the MP4-29. As I scan the GT6 car list, we only have one V6 Turbo production car in the line up. The Buick GNX. The smallest capacity V6(non-turbo, I know) in GT6, is from the Mazda 323F/Lantis Type R at 2 litres. All the other V6T cars are Twin Turbos not single turbos(unless the Toyota FT-1 has a single turbo but, we dont know). And of course there is no ERS in any of them.

Makes we wonder about the futre VGT cars power plants. Also where are manufacturers headed. Id like to see a small V6 in an MX5 or that Concept Nissan IDX or a Caterham or something the size of a Lotus Cortina.

As I scan the GT6 car list, we only have one V6 Turbo production car in the line up. The Buick GNX. The smallest capacity V6(non-turbo, I know) in GT6, is from the Mazda 323F/Lantis Type R at 2 litres. All the other V6T cars are Twin Turbos not single turbos(unless the Toyota FT-1 has a single turbo but, we dont know). And of course there is no ERS in any of them.

I'm pretty sure several of the early Skylines housed V6 with a single turbo on their RB-series engines. But I know most did get the TT treatment.

Well, I wasted yet another 10 minutes on a 10 minute endurance race. I thought several people said it had been fixed in a micro-patch, one where you don't have to download.

Well, I wasted yet another 10 minutes on a 10 minute endurance race. I thought several people said it had been fixed in a micro-patch, one where you don't have to download.

Well they were fixed - I tried timed races before and after the mini-update and I can definitely say they were fixed, but then they musta been broken again at the next mini-update - I haven't tested though.

I just finished watching the McLaren Lowdown about the MP4-29. As I scan the GT6 car list, we only have one V6 Turbo production car in the line up. The Buick GNX. The smallest capacity V6(non-turbo, I know) in GT6, is from the Mazda 323F/Lantis Type R at 2 litres. All the other V6T cars are Twin Turbos not single turbos(unless the Toyota FT-1 has a single turbo but, we dont know). And of course there is no ERS in any of them.

Makes we wonder about the futre VGT cars power plants. Also where are manufacturers headed. Id like to see a small V6 in an MX5 or that Concept Nissan IDX or a Caterham or something the size of a Lotus Cortina.

The Red Bull X-cars, bar the Junior, are all pretty much using the same sort of engine. They even sound like a single turbo, to me.

Also, a V6 MX5 is genius:

Yes, that is practically all intake sound.

Gran Turismo 6 is set for a stage event on January 25 @ 13:30 ~ 14:30

Google Translated bit:
fdu3Sa5.png

http://asia.playstation.com/tw/cht/newsdetail?id=1720

Another Google translated bit:
"GT's father , " Kazunori Yamauchi " Mr. also came to Taiwan with GT GT fans talk about the latest news"

Probably news about the Asian GT Championships or GT Academy? Who knows? :)
Stupid question, but is that 13:30 time in GMT? Need to figure out the start time. Also, do we know of a live stream yet?

Uh, if a new DLC car pack is released is someone at the Taipei Gaming Show to actually see it and relay the information back to us? Or are we waiting for some magical stream that was never announced? Does anyone on GTPlanet have a game plan?

I've completely destroyed my sleep schedule before, it was not fun. I'd rather sleep through that and just read it tomorrow :P

I gotta learn that. And looks like it will be the hard way, because my baby girl will be born in february 15th, and all those GTP and gaming nights will be expensive...

But yeah, I will probably stay awake... Damn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back