GT6 News Discussion

• Thread starter Matty
  • 8,352 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
cant really argue that. :P
Still this is the state of the entire video game industry. Not just PD. Every game has day one patches just to make them run. If you cant get that day one patch you're screwed. But thats just the way it is.

Not sure where you got your information from, but you are way wrong about that. I have played plenty of games in the last two years without day one patches are they all worked just fine.

cant really argue that. :P
Still this is the state of the entire video game industry. Not just PD. Every game has day one patches just to make them run. If you cant get that day one patch you're screwed. But thats just the way it is.

GT6 works fine without the day 1 patch. Delete the updates and see for yourself.

I'm just saying, the videogame industry has some really bad habits right now. Really hard to deny that. Sorry you took it the wrong way. This blew up into some kind of argument.

Last edited:
About two weeks ago, I said this.
Indeed. I struggle to accept that there's so little Gran Turismo 6 News at the moment - given the impending update(s) - that in the GT6 News & Discussion thread, members are not discussing GT6 news.

GTPlanet's primary function is a resource. Our GT6 forums are a resource for GT6. This thread is a resource for GT6 News. Members who actively pervert threads in this fashion destroy the site's primary function - guess how amused the staff are by that.

There are threads for your disdain. There are forums for your other games. This thread is for discussing GT6 news.
Since then, there's only really been one significant bit of news - v1.04 - yet there seems to be 26 more pages of "discussion". I know the X Challenge was exciting and all, but that seems a little excessive...

Sure enough, browsing the thread I see GT7 discussion, GT6 reviews, general GT series talk, wishlists and - of course - the usual tiffs from other threads spilling into here.

So here's what we're going to do. This thread is done. When there's some GT6 news, make a thread about it - we don't care who does it, so long as the title isn't vague and can easily be found with the search function. If you don't think we've heard about it, tell us with the Contact form. When it stops being news and something else pops up, make a thread about it. Lather, rinse, repeat.

I want you all to read the second paragraph of the quote above. When you post in this particular forum I want you to think about it as you hover the mouse pointer (or your finger, if you're brave enough to post on a smartphone) over the Post Reply button and consider "Is my post useful as part of GTPlanet's remit of being a resource for Gran Turismo?" and if it isn't, don't post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back