GT6 News Discussion

• Thread starter Matty
  • 8,352 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Join some leagues on GTP, online extends the game life dramatically.

It's not just about finishing career mode, haha.
FAIL. 👎
Sorry, that just cuts the cheese writing off problems and telling people to play "online". :(
Online does NOT help those among us who do NOT have access to the net. (yes, I do...I'm here aren't I?)
Just for a brief moment, think about Johny Nobody from outback Australia.
No seasonals, no racing with his mates in the town 220 miles away, no VGT (just boxes with "?")
He reads about ALL these fantastic updates that are coming???? How the 🤬 is he going to get these??

I made this post some time ago, and still stand by it. :irked:
PD should completely RE-MAKE the entire disc, and ship it NO CHARGE to everyone who purchased this mess. 🤬

Edit:
But we all know, that will NEVER happen.

Apologies for drifting off topic, but there is no news. 👎

Is that all you want to do? 24hr grinds?

I know the online infrastructure isn't great, but I wouldn't call it an "utter mess".

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/board/gt6-racing-series/

See if anything tickles your fancy, there's some endurance series on there too.

It isn't grind, it is racing.

And online is a joke.

For starters, if you do a multiclass event, you have to trust that people will comply with PP restrictions.

There are the pitstop bug, missing pitstop menu, tire thing, Apricot Hill could go black screen, moronic penalties system (you could just straight Eau Rouge with no penalty at all), blank cars on races, launch starts madness, lack of tools to shape series, community features and so on.

Sorry for the OT. But, no, the online is waaay far to be even acceptable in 2014.

Just trying to help obviously guys, but you're entitled to your own opinions of course.

Although, I've never come across some of the bugs you mention, but things like pit lag, yes it's very annoying.

If I didn't have internet I probably wouldn't even buy a PS3 for the sole reason that most games these days come unfinished on the reliance of future updates and the fact that most of my time is spent with my friends online.

Just trying to help obviously guys, but you're entitled to your own opinions of course.

Although, I've never come across some of the bugs you mention, but things like pit lag, yes it's very annoying.

If I didn't have internet I probably wouldn't even buy a PS3 for the sole reason that most games these days come unfinished on the reliance of future updates and the fact that most of my time is spent with my friends online.

Your help is welcome, man.

Proper endurance races in GT was sort of like the equivalent of and end boss... Or end game.

Even if you didn't do them, it was nice to know they were there... I believe these gave the game a longer tail, like there was always something left to do...

Pd spild have simply removed psn trophies for the complaining completionists, not kill the events.

Btw, how often are seasonal events? I seem to remember them more frequently in GT 5?

And online is a joke.

For starters, if you do a multiclass event, you have to trust that people will comply with PP restrictions.
Any competent online series runner can check power/weight/PP restrictions before a race to keep people in check.

There are the pitstop bug, missing pitstop menu, tire thing, Apricot Hill could go black screen, moronic penalties system (you could just straight Eau Rouge with no penalty at all), blank cars on races, launch starts madness, lack of tools to shape series, community features and so on.

Sorry for the OT. But, no, the online is waaay far to be even acceptable in 2014.
I'll give you the pitstop bug, but what missing pitstop menu? What "tire thing"? Never had Apricot Hill go black on me, penalties can be enforced just fine by watching race replays afterwords and applying penalties for infractions, this is done ALL the time in many of the top online series. Blank cars on races, I assume you are talking about people not seeing each other. That's an internet connection problem, not a GT problem. Launch start madness? If you have people running into you on a standing grid start, take that up with the bad drivers, not PD.

Lack of tools to shape a series? MANY people do it on here and have been for years through GT5 and now GT6. Starting a racing series only takes EFFORT on the person's part who wants to start one. PD can't do all the work for you. If you want some good online racing, try signing up for a PURE series. If you don't have fun there, well then you're just not going to have fun online racing at all. 👍

This is why we need random event generators and paid out Arcade mode races. Even if the series races like GT3, GT500, GT300, NASCAR, LMP had choices of 10/24/60/120 minute races before you enter an event would be some tiype of variety. The 20minute Willow Springs is a good race but, I like the the Tuned Car races as well. People tune their favourite car to race higher horsepower machines. Only makes swnse to have a longer Tuned Car race(s).
I'm surprised we didnt get a Historic Race car event at Spa and Nurb.

And you know, GTPSP had a feature that payed out Cr according to how many laps you set a race for. I wonder why that didnt make it into the PS3 version.

Last edited:
I am happy BMW Japan has as close a relationship with Polyphony as Nissan did now. Hoping we get something from this. https://www.gtplanet.net/bmw-japan-hosts-asian-z4-challenge-in-gran-turismo-6/
2011_SUPER-GT-Sepang_11.jpg

Weekly...but we didn't get them last week.

Haven't we been on a 2 week cycle? Mondays (stateside) for updates then "seasonals" on Wednesday.

Oh, be right back, doing the drifting seasonal every week in GT5's updates.......Haha. Where's the "well, I guess that's that" smilie? :)

We are in need of some more updates & challenges, I thought it was rumored the PD would provide more updates in February?

I'm not sure if you're asking me questions or a framework of questions to make point.

If they point is a more open ended laxidazical view of consumer product from a casual consumer pov then you've nailed it with spades. But comparing passive entertainment with interactive entertainment is like arguing why cats an dogs are different... They both have 4 legs, teeth, tails, etc... Right? When in fact the only thing they both are, is mammals...

The topic of core vs casual is an incredibly deep topic with lots of phycology... Core are driven by depth, casual are more driven by impulse... Core monotizes, casual are no more loyal than I am at the checkout register looking at a candy bar...

Casual experiences need to reach millions, core does not, but can lead to higher conversation of casual... It's quite a deep topic and one very closely guarded by most.

I don't mean to offend or dismiss as your message was very well written but it's an over simplification of very deep topics that branches into several directions of other potential conversations...

Now we are so off topic I forget what thread I'm replying to! Lol

No, it's not my intention to oversimplify, and I am well aware of the conflicts of interests, which is why I don't believe I need to tolerate any delusions as to the nature of "core" / "casual", especially when they are not "guarded" terms at all. They are marketing terms, first and foremost. The psychology is of course fascinating, but I lose interest when all I read about are designs to dupe people, to exploit primal unconscious behaviours (at least, that's what they believe they're doing - it might turn out to be as effective / reliable as "subliminal messaging").

My only point is that having "confidence" in a form of entertainment, as a "consumer", is not really the way most people (i.e. those outside of "business") think about it. It's like the way the media love to use the term "uncertainty" - it sounds profound, and is a great emotional tool (not really in the spirit of journalism, but hey), but it's actually meaningless to most "consumers" of said media.

In games that purport to offer a particular "experience", people generally want value for money, and they want what's advertised, but neither of those things are foremost on any capitalist concern (unlike profit) - except maybe as "target qualities", again in a marketing sense.

If GT turns out to no longer be your thing, there is no need to be afraid of moving on, "confidence" or not. In fact, we should have an attitude and ecosystem where finding and enjoying exactly what you want as an individual is both tolerated and provided. In such a situation, games would fare better if they were more transparently described and if gamers accepted that their tastes are their own, and nothing more.

There's enough room for it, supply and demand, if attitudes changed. One example is to bring back (in terms of prominence, for what is effectively frivolous "art") the idea of "patronage", as a sort of complementary / supplemental section of the industry. There are movements towards that already in Steam's Greenlight, Kickstarter more generally etc.; it just needs to be flipped around so that developers are "bidding" on ideas submitted by would-be "consumers" instead (which I know exists elsewhere, but why not for games also?).

I'm fairly certain we are getting an update about 7 hours from now.
No evidence, just speculation and patterns I'm following.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back