• No

Votes: 15 13.5%
  • Fool what's wrong with you!

Votes: 20 18.0%

• Total voters
United States
Georgia
Netherlord
As the thread says will you be okay if PD implementing paying for damage on cars?

I only thought about this because I remember playing NFS Porsche Unleashed(PC) and during the career mode you had to repair your car after extensive damage was done to it, and it wasn't bad for me in fact it made me drive better because of that lol.

If this has already been done sorry it can be locked.

Thread Title update

Last edited:
This happens to an extent in GT5, with chassis damage, but if it was expanded to more than chassis (bumper, headlights, etc.) it might make a good addition to the game.

This happens to an extent in GT5, with chassis damage, but if it was expanded to more than chassis (bumper, headlights, etc.) it might make a good addition to the game.

That's the part I'm talking about the visual plus the chassis damage.

I wouldn't have a problem with paying for damage so long as the A.I. races clean. If I have to pay to fix my car because the A.I. is driving like a bunch of freaks and constantly ramming me, I wouldn't be too happy about it.

This is how it should be done:
Your car gets fully repaired after each race, and your prize money gets deducted depending on how much you damaged your car.

I thought you meant pay as in real life for a damage mod but now that I see it's not that I would say ya. Forza has a pay for damage after the race with your winnings and it forces you not the try and ram others and stay on the track. PD is big into making people better drives and the risk of totally your Ferrari Enzo would definitely keep people on their toes. Forza even has a parts repair. Like you can be driving and your muffler brakes and starts smoking the whole time. That might go a little too far tho because it was super annoying.

This is how it should be done:
Your car gets fully repaired after each race, and your prize money gets deducted depending on how much you damaged your car.

That's an option I'm open to, but I will admit I like having the money and fixing certain parts of the car myself. After a race series and what not.

Which is why I mention Porsche Unleashed in the OP I remember being able to race for awhile getting some money, and then once I had a big crash then fix the car how I wanted to and also be able to fix it sometimes in only certain spots because of having low funds.

Well first of all they have to vastly improve the damage system.

I don't even begin to understand why damage in GT5 is so poor. Saying it's their first go is not an excuse.

Another option that should be set up like Forza. If you have your difficulty set to damage on or collisions on then yes paying for damage could work well since its a simulation game. Same with the online play. If a room is setup with full damage and full simulation, then paying for damage makes perfect sense.

For those that dont want to play for damage, they can set the online room up accordingly. Should be able to turn on or off. And give bonuses for players that turn all assists off.

It would only be cool if it didn't apply in online races. If it would, I wouldn't race online ever.

Well you know I'd hope it wouldn't either, but then again I would hope they have an option to turn that off. :nervous:

Dirty shuffle gets a whole new meaning if this appears in GT6...
This option would be able to be turned on or off per room.... Just like it is in Forza. In Forza you have every possible option you can imagine to cater to people that dont want collisions or damage. You can also set it for full simulation with collisions, full damage, and you pay to fix your car. GT could do the same thing. Forza has been like that since F1. It also gives extra money to those that dont us any assists. The more assists you have off, the more money you are rewarded.

The only thing is I hope they don't make outrageous prices for the repairs unless you know you total the car.

Like if I wreck/total a Miata shouldn't pay no more than $40,000 I'd say or even $30,000 for the repairs.

And I hope they have an option of a Junkyard it would be pretty cool.

It should be like we have now, exactly half the cost of the car with a cap at 500,000.

Depending on the Severity of the damage I can understand paying more than the car was worth because it'd take longer to fix.

I forgot how much I payed for one of the 365 cars, but I had damaging totaling up to $80,000 for that car.

Which doesn't make sense for GT, because you could easily buy a new one.
Imagine, Ferrari P4 Race Car is totaled. Lets say the cap is 1.5 times the price of the car.
That's 30,000,000Cr. for repairs, 10,000,000 more than you are allowed presuming they keep the cap.

As the thread says will you be okay if PD implementing paying for damage on cars?

I only thought about this because I remember playing NFS Porsche Unleashed(PC) and during the career mode you had to repair your car after extensive damage was done to it, and it wasn't bad for me in fact it made me drive better because of that lol.

If this has already been done sorry it can be locked.

Thread Title update

I would want to pay for damage because it would mean that most people would race cleanly, and the higher value of your car, the bigger the cost to fix it. The damage is kept on the car until you choose to fix it.

But then again, it has to be done properly because people could exploit this to take away money from people online.

EDIT: I thought a way to avoid people exploiting this online. People could have an option to turn on "Pay For Damage" feature online so that racing series can turn it on for more realism, and people who perfer dirty lobbies can crash each other with no or discounted prices.

Which doesn't make sense for GT, because you could easily buy a new one.
Imagine, Ferrari P4 Race Car is totaled. Lets say the cap is 1.5 times the price of the car.
That's 30,000,000Cr. for repairs, 10,000,000 more than you are allowed presuming they keep the cap.

See at that point it gets insane If I buy a 10,000,000 race car I'm hoping to pay no more than a cap of $15,000,000 or less.

Now a $20,000,000 or higher then paying the $30,000,000 seems more reasonable only if I'm totaling the car that is.

Which in my case I don't plan on doing.

For this case though I'm assuming my car is totaled if any other kind of damage happens like scraps, and bumps the price goes way down. I don't know to how much though.

GT6 should have a realistic car damage management, example :

I own a Ferrari 355, bought it brand new for NCD for 500.000cr, took it for a spin at local track, Monza, I drove carefully as to not crash it. Then I entered a race, few bumps, scraping doors, etc. Minimal body damage and at the end of the race I was given a choice - Fix it for 10.000 cr or leave it alone. I left the car alone, and decide to race again with minor dents here and there. This time I had both rear tires blowout as I drove too aggressively, and I had to retire due to this. I have to buy replacement tires for 1000 cr each. After 2 races, the game asks me to refresh the mechanical parts - engine, transmission, drivetrain and suspension, these added up to 25.000 cr.

Eager to win more credits, I race another track, but tough luck, I spun the car and got T boned by another Ferrari, my car was a total write off, with bent chassis, torn suspension, broken engine and deformed body. I was given 2 choices, sell the car as scrap for 50.000cr ( 10% of new value ) or try to fix it at up to 75% condition at a cost of 250.000cr ( half the new price ). I decided to sell the car and buy another.

This realistic damage management mode should be only reserved for Professional difficulty in GT mode. When a new game in GT is started, the player have to choose between normal or professional level. This also can be chosen when playing online mode :)

See at that point it gets insane If I buy a 10,000,000 race car I'm hoping to pay no more than a cap of $15,000,000 or less.

Now a $20,000,000 or higher then paying the $30,000,000 seems more reasonable only if I'm totaling the car that is.

Which in my case I don't plan on doing.

Maybe there could be a token system like in NFS ProStreet where you can buy tokens to repair totaled cars at a price of £500,000-£1,000,000. The token can be used more than once, and allocates you to a discounted price on fixing your car (if the car costs less than the token is worth, it will cost only £1,000 to fix).

Last edited:

I own a Ferrari 355, bought it brand new for NCD for 500.000cr, took it for a spin at local track, Monza, I drove carefully as to not crash it. Then I entered a race, few bumps, scraping doors, etc. Minimal body damage and at the end of the race I was given a choice - Fix it for 10.000 cr or leave it alone. I left the car alone, and decide to race again with minor dents here and there. This time I had both rear tires blowout as I drove too aggressively, and I had to retire due to this. I have to buy replacement tires for 1000 cr each. After 2 races, the game asks me to refresh the mechanical parts - engine, transmission, drivetrain and suspension, these added up to 25.000 cr.

Eager to win more credits, I race another track, but tough luck, I spun the car and got T boned by another Ferrari, my car was a total write off, with bent chassis, torn suspension, broken engine and deformed body. I was given 2 choices, sell the car as scrap for 50.000cr ( 10% of new value ) or try to fix it at up to 75% condition at a cost of 250.000cr ( half the new price ). I decided to sell the car and buy another.

This realistic damage management mode should be only reserved for Professional difficulty in GT mode. When a new game in GT is started, the player have to choose between normal or professional level. This also can be chosen when playing online mode :)

This is an idea I could really get behind and again having a junkyard mode for when you get way too much money and you just want to fix up either a rusty car or one that's not in bad shape like S2000 from 04 or something, or an older Mustang like 1970's would be awesome.

This is an idea I could really get behind and again having a junkyard mode for when you get way too much money and you just want to fix up either a rusty car or one that's not in bad shape like S2000 from 04 or something, or an older Mustang like 1970's would be awesome.

Good ideas 👍 .

I don't maybe if its done wrong it'll be like NFS Prostreet

Never had a chance to play Prostreet only because at the time didn't have next-gen and didn't want the game at least not after many reviews.

How bad was Prostreet?

The only game I've ever seen it done right in is NFS Porsche Unleashed. You took body damage from collisions, suspension (and in extreme cases, body) damage from jumps, and engine/drivetrain damage from overdriving the engine. At the end of the race it calculated how much damage you had done, but it didn't require you to fix it and you could enter your damaged cars in more races if you wanted to save money. They also had the used car section have cars in various states of disrepair that you could also fix.

So if they can emulate a style like that, I'd be all for it. But if they do one of those autorepair systems like NFS IV had, where damage only occurs when you plow into things and it fixes your car regardless of if you want it to (or can afford it), then I'd rather they didn't even bother.

Last edited:
Back