Votes: 59 53.2%
  • Maybe

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • No

Votes: 15 13.5%
  • Fool what's wrong with you!

Votes: 20 18.0%

• Total voters
Would certainly get rid of many crashers online if they had to pay a hefty fine everytime they decided to create a pileup. Also would promote actually learning to drive without using other cars as brakes in single player.

Would certainly get rid of many crashers online if they had to pay a hefty fine everytime they decided to create a pileup. Also would promote actually learning to drive without using other cars as brakes in single player.

I don't think it should apply online, unless it fits the nature of the race (I imagine some serious race series would appreciate it). I.e. keep it as an option; actually, keep it an option for the entire game.

I was using a McLaren MP4-12C, and like I said I was level 0.

We just might have to call this a draw because neirher of us will agree how the heck did u get a mclearn car at level 0????? doesn't make sense.

also another thing doing some research found a few articles that linked back to this site saying it proves gt5 career mode had progressive damage. This forum they said proved the damage in Gt5 was progressive in fact in comes in 3 different parts. According to that article.

We just might have to call this a draw because neirher of us will agree how the heck did u get a mclearn car at level 0????? doesn't make sense.

The McLaren MP4-12C is a prize car for the 24 Hours of Nurburgring. That's how I got it, and that is how I got the trophy.

Now u make even less sense can't enter endurance races at level 0 in Aspec I'm beginning to believe you're lying seriously.

also another thing doing some research found a few articles that linked back to this site saying it proves gt5 career mode had progressive damage. This forum they said proved the damage in Gt5 was progressive in fact in comes in 3 different parts. According to that article.

GT5's "Career Mode" doesn't have damage in A-Spec or B-Spec.
You can turn it on in practise -> free run, but that's not the same. The three tiers are: off, light and heavy. Only heavy is permanent for the race duration, but resets at the end.

People want the option to pay for their mistakes or bad luck, in that damage is perma-permanent - you must deal with it after the race (or not, if you intend to scrap). NFS High Stakes / Road Challenge was brave in that respect, but it really paid off and added to the tension of racing, career progression etc. Of course, GT's "Career mode" needs re-structuring anyway to add a bit of real racing into it.
Now u make even less sense can't enter endurance races at level 0 in Aspec I'm beginning to believe you're lying seriously.

B-Spec?

Sorry, I must have forgotten to say this. I completed every B-Spec race and seasonal before I started A-Spec.

Okay that solves how u did that, but at the same time I never did bspec until around A-spec level 20 again never saw the damage in A-spec races until around this level or noticed.

I remember ramming those cars in A-spec races and never getting no more than scratches, and even Kaz himself mentioned in a interview if I remember that GT5 damage is progressive that to unlock to full potential you had to reach level 40 only for A-spec.

Last edited:
It's a good idea.

Another good idea is if you hit a wall at 100mph, the screen fades and prompts you with "DNF"

http://forums.ngemu.com/showthread.php?t=139958

This is one forum posting that says damage in GT5 is tiered into 3 levels.

Here is a video pretty much sums up what I got damage wise in earlier levels of A-spec.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYTsTigg2Nw

That's an article that basically links back to a forum post from here that is blatantly untrue:

As investigated by GTPlanet.net forum, Gran Turismo 5 has a progressive damage system. This means that as you level up and become more experienced each level of damage becomes unlocked. A report indicates that at level 20 in the game, near full damage becomes unlocked with moderate mechanical issues and at level 40 full damage becomes unlocked with significant mechanical issues.

GT Life does not have mechanical damage no matter what level you are at, and GT5 didn't have mechanical damage at all when that news made the rounds around Thanksgiving. It wasn't patched in until December. The only thing that shows is the terrible state of modern journalism when they go off of anonymous "reports" to try to paint the reviews of the game as being "incomplete."

Last edited:
Fool what's wrong with you!

Unless the deduction (or option to repair the car) is done automatically when selecting the car and/or after the race. Lets not make another GT auto.

As Toronado said, Porsche Unleashed did this perfectly.

They should do it like in FM4, where you lose some of your race winnings for doing damage.

This. Make mechanical damage optional, and if you do choose to run the risk of incurring the damage, you can get a bonus % added to your winnings. Then you get a nice balance of risk/reward.

Drive cleanly, and you might get to keep the full bonus.
Make a mistake or two, and the bonus might take a bit of a hit.
Drive like a complete moron, and you could lose the bonus and then some.

That's an article that basically links back to a forum post from here that is blatantly untrue:

GT Life does not have mechanical damage no matter what level you are at, and GT5 didn't have mechanical damage at all when that news made the rounds around Thanksgiving. It wasn't patched in until December. The only thing that shows is the terrible state of modern journalism when they go off of anonymous "reports" to try to paint the reviews of the game as being "incomplete."

Okay what you said about mechanical damage is true even I know that I'm talking about the visual damage cause the only time I experienced mechanical damage was in Arcade mode when I did free runs on Spa.

No lie though if you want to keep talking about this PM me on that because I've derailed the thread entirely for it's original purpose.

What would you guys think of permenant damage in GT6? For instance, if you tap another car it might leave a dent, and it stays there until you pay to get it pushed out. If you crash into something solid you have to reshell the car. What is your opinion on this and anything to do with this you can think of, mention it.

What would you guys think of permenant damage in GT6? For instance, if you tap another car it might leave a dent, and it stays there until you pay to get it pushed out. If you crash into something solid you have to reshell the car. What is your opinion on this and anything to do with this you can think of, mention it.

This is an idea I have proposed for a long time, except I take it a step further where if you damage the car too much it is "totaled" and cannot be raced again.

Earth
This is an idea I have proposed for a long time, except I take it a step further where if you damage the car too much it is "totaled" and cannot be raced again.

Well a reshell could be, let's say €3000 but a new car could be €30,000, you can have both options.

I would like it, if you were doing a race/rally/drift season IRL, your car mightn't be fixed until the off season, so it would be cool to keep the damage long term!

I would like it, if you were doing a race/rally/drift season IRL, your car mightn't be fixed until the off season, so it would be cool to keep the damage long term!

It could also add that extra touch to drifting seasons in GT6. But let's not hope we have another M.Kawabata crash :scared: .

see if u total the car there should be an option to repair it and honestly it should take some hours it'd be more realistic that way.

It would be even more realistic if we have A spec drivers like B spec, we get to give him/her a name, nationality, the stat would be limited to number of wins, distance driven, credits earned, etc. If we had a fatal crash, the car would be totalled and the driver could be "killed" - forced retirement and we will need to make a new driver from scratch and clean stat. If PD willing to take risks, there are RPG aspect to be had here, with driver development that will give certain bonuses during the race online/offline - clean driver ( never involved in accident gets 20% winning bonus every race )

With such arrangements, Aspec level will be tied to each drivers we created, the same goes to Bspec, the bobs can also get killed in a fiery crash or "forced retirement"

Zuku
see if u total the car there should be an option to repair it and honestly it should take some hours it'd be more realistic that way.

That's a really good idea aswell!! Well done!

Zuku

That's a little too much. No one wants our simulated cars in the shop being repaired for hours. It's already bad enough have to wait for the oil to be changed. I really wouldn't mind paying to repair damage but that would have to be strictly for offline racing because this level of damage could complete ruin the online experience. People would be afraid to race online.

That's a little too much. No one wants our simulated cars in the shop being repaired for hours. It's already bad enough have to wait for the oil to be changed. I really wouldn't mind paying to repair damage but that would have to be strictly for offline racing because this level of damage could complete ruin the online experience. People would be afraid to race online.

That's only if you total the car it would take an hour to repair it. I don't agree with the death of a driver since this is an E rated game.

Back