GT6 Q/A

• Thread starter BHRxRacer
  • 1,535 comments
@OP - maybe you mismatched engine and tire sounds? Because from some of the last gameplay videos we've seen the tire sounds were completely changed... maybe the engine sounds are almost the same (not expecting much about them for now anyway) :) Thanks!

Shifter karts? Also, I believe the Day 1 patch will most likely update the sounds. They probably skimped on putting all sounds on CD before Day 1 so that they could fully flesh them out.

Guys, remember that the cars will look better in proper lighting (on track).
For example look at some Auto Union replays from GT4, it looks way better than the garage view here, and the only reason for that is that the lighting in the GT6 garage is very dull.

For example look at some Auto Union replays from GT4, it looks way better than the garage view here, and the only reason for that is that the lighting in the GT6 garage is very dull.

Good point!

Guys keep an eye on the album, if you can't wait for the edits.

@BHRxRacer - To multi quote, just click reply on each post you want to quote, it will then add that quote to the reply box at the bottom of the page. :)

Also, Thank you so much for sharing all the information so far, and I can't wait to see what you have in store for us!
testing this
Well, I rather have the GT4 model than nothing, especially since I missed the car in 5.
It's not worse than the other Standard cars.
further testing
YES IT WORKS

THANK YOU CMBEAL. Going to answer stuff page by page now and then merge the final answers to the OP.

Quite sad that we are comparing it with GT4 to get an idea on how it will look like outside the garage.

@BHRxRacer As soon as you played through career mode a bit, please describe the race structure as that is my last hope right now, is there qualifying? are there fixed starts? is the AI a lot better in the latter stages, is every race a chase the rabbit challenge again? Many thanks in advance 👍

The Yellowbird has been reworked. Definitely. It looks beautiful!

2013_11_28_23_59_1_zps8de4beea.png

Yellowbird definitely looks more refined. Front end is very smooth and the lights look quite good. Everything else that's been posted looks the exact same as GT5.

I'm glad you posted a picture of that '86 Celica... It's one of few cars I really care about in the game. And as predicted, they haven't changed the standards since GT5 (It makes some sense). Thanks for posting these pictures and information. 👍

I'm glad you posted a picture of that '86 Celica... It's one of few cars I really care about in the game. And as predicted, they haven't changed the standards since GT5 (It makes some sense). Thanks for posting these pictures and information. 👍

They did changed some standards... take a look at the RUF Yellowbird, for example.

The JZA80 Supra seems to be better too.

Weren't we told that all cars will have the same functionalities? Doesn't that also include working wipers, reverse light and the option to flash your lights?
Looks like the RUF will have these...

This question might be hard and a little weird but nevertheless:
Is there anywhere in the game any information or suggestions about which tires are real life/stock equivalent for each car (maybe in game manual like in GT Prologue)?
Also, can You post an image of comfort tires selection in tuning shop?

Direct Q/A will be updated in this post fro now on.

--updated

Q) Licensed music?
Posted video.

Standard pictures on the way?

Not to be rude but it's been one of the most popular requests in both threads and we've only had one picture. :D
I will try to grind 20k to buy a cheap standard soon. By soon I mean hours :lol:

--Bought a suzuki, standard view is black. Check out the pics.

Is there any sign of an event creator / random races sort of thing?
No sign at all.

And also extremely slow.
IT's actually easier than GT5. The one thing I can easily complement about this game is the new interface
Also, can we listen to our own music stored on the PS3 HDD?
Yes :D
Will the dealership video contain all of the cars in the dealership?
It will contain the cars as thumbnails, yes. Cycling through the pages of each manufacturer. It's still 17 minutes long. Going to each and every car will take longer than waiting for the official release date. Especially with the infinite number of Miatas and Skylines.

-- video posted

Can you please show us some of the classic
Ferrari models (250 GTO, 288 GTO, 250 SWB, Daytona) in the same view system used with the Audi LMP car, would be appreciated.
In the next batch

-Tomorrow morning

I'm going to wait for an answer from him, unless you have the game?
Because I see black interior+tinted windows=standard.

He put up a pic of my post, I think. The 60s model is premium the 90s is standard.

---I think the confusion is clear now. I thought the 80s/90s was a follow up of the old one. Talked about both.

Has there been any update on the Formula Gran Turismo?
Not sure. Looks the same, but there's a lot of new liveries. Maybe they've always been in 4 and 5 but I never saw them.

can we get a screenshot of the "race view" options?
What do you mean by "race view"? o.o

--pics posted
Can you please upload a screenshot of Fiat Panda ???
--send me a message to remind me tomorrow

2000GT and Sauber C9 premium = awesome news. Hoping for more hidden premiums.

Please, can you check the BMW dealership?

And I'm afraid to ask... The... Toyota... SUPRA (JZA80)
Too many Supras -.- Wait for the video.

--Video posted

Does the Brake Kit mod actually show up visually on the car?
That'll wait. I'm planning on switching to a new user for the intro, as well as spending some unwanted cash from it.

--Yes it shows, check pictures.

Wondering if the na6 Miata is available as a starter car? Pic's of Mazda Dealership?

Thank You BHR! :)
Wait for the video. 2 hours left.

--posted

A lot of people asked about ENGINE SOUNDS!
Stil I didn't see a reply on that.
Gear shifting sounds? Non-fake high revving noise?

For the sounds, wait for a gameplay video. I think the sounds are really different car to car. Maybe it'll be patched.

--I honestly don't notice any major differences. The tyres scream more often and sounds a little different. The engines don't sound good but they're responsive to throttle. Seem to have a wider range.

@BHRxRacer can you post please photos with track list of City and Original tracks? Thanks!
In the queue.

-- posted

Quite sad that we are comparing it with GT4 to get an idea on how it will look like outside the garage.

@BHRxRacer As soon as you played through career mode a bit, please describe the race structure as that is my last hope right now, is there qualifying? are there fixed starts? is the AI a lot better in the latter stages, is every race a chase the rabbit challenge again? Many thanks in advance 👍
I described how you advance. As for the race itself and special events, that'll take a while. Hopefully I'll be in the ia events by tomorrow night.

--Maybe I get a ticket/car for license and coffee break challenge. Coffee break is giving me a hard time. Tried it 5 times and I'm 15 seconds off. I'm sure there's a perfect route.

OP, you're saying the 2000GT is standard while it's premium clearly.
There's two. One is standard and one is premium.
--addressed
Weren't we told that all cars will have the same functionalities? Doesn't that also include working wipers, reverse light and the option to flash your lights?
Looks like the RUF will have these...
Someone recommend me a cheap standard to test these things. Cockpit view, functionalities etc.

--Cockpit black, no wipers, no lights. I think there'll be headlights on/off on better standards though.

This question might be hard and a little weird but nevertheless:
Is there anywhere in the game any information or suggestions about which tires are real life/stock equivalent for each car (maybe in game manual like in GT Prologue)?
Also, can You post an image of comfort tires selection in tuning shop?

Not sure how to answer the first part. I only played GT5p for a week. The tyres mods are basically the same as GT5, they just behave very differently.
--posted comfort tyres.

If I come across them tomorrow I'll let you know. Too many things to play with!

In the queue

Wheels and External parts? I think I posted pics.

Doubt it, Think that just shows you how many more credits you need.
Yup.
I actually want to know what the menu music is like, is it better than GT5?
Pretty much the same, but not as annoying. That strumming guitar track was awful. It's subjective.
Id really like to see some photos of the BMWs, preferably the M3s :D
Coming :D ///M power!

Shame the Horse Thief Mile isn't included. That's my favourite variation of the track.

Questions for the OP:

Are the photo travel locations from GT5 anywhere to be seen? It would be a shame if we only get those 5 new ones to play with.

Any sign of the 10km x 10km course maker? Or any sort of course maker at all like in GT5?

Is the AE86 premium? Highly unlikely I know, but just in case.

Can you find the Ginetta G4 and Jensen Interceptor?

Can you find the Top Gear Test Track?
Photo travel is locked.

No course maker yet, maybe in a day 1 update.

AE86 standard. Can't find any Ginetta, or Interceptor.

No top gear track :(

How about AI?

I only raced the Sunday cup so I can't really judge yet. I'll judge when I do the first license test.

Have you win any car so far?
Nope. Just the sunday cup..
Important question right here!!! Please, pretty please, let us know about earning cars, the whole ticket system and all that!
I doubt I'd be able to see the ticket/gifting system because online is disabled. I'll answer this by tomorrow.

ok i more question:

2013_11_28_23_9_45_zpsfd39069f.png%7Eoriginal

+
X1 car
=?
gp6.gif
Not sure you can add it but :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Are the Mercedes-Benz E63 and A45 available?
Pains me to say no. So many cars missing from nearly all the manufacturers that matter. I'm tired of seeing NFS get all the cool cars and GT getting 9000 Japanese cars that nobody cares about.

Q. Is washing cars on GT AUTO relevant now? or is just like GT5, compleatly useless.
Just makes it shiny.
It's premium, he made a mistake, I was trying to point it out earlier, but it's got dug under other posts. View gallery is available -> therefore premium.
Guys, which one? There's a 60s model and 90s one. The old one is a premium and new one is standard. I think I answered this twice. I'll update the OP as soon as I finish replying.
Thanks for the quick response! How about the '99 Honda Insight? Quite a nice car in my opinion to test that out and curious about it's looks in GT6 anyways (just like some friends of mine). Would be cool. :)
Standard. Pics coming.
Cheers mate, hope you won't see mobile roadblocks and rabbits all night ;)
It's not that bad :P

@BHRxRacer many PP are the two Audi R18 TDI?

Really, that car is fast?

From Google Translator
621. It should be that fast..

Q. Does installing aero kits on street cars provide Front Downforce now?
Will test soon.
@BHRxRacer by "race view" I mean, maybe hop into cockpit view, press pause, and let us know what options we have to alter the view (Normal, Zoom, and Extra zoom were some of the GT5 options).

It would be nice if they let us adjust the Field-of-View angle..
Adding pics soon.
My PS3 doesn't read dual layer blurays anymore. I just want to know if I should get it digitally or get the physical version. If it's a single layer I'll probably get it tomorrow.

Kinda important.

How do you suppose I test that? I don't have a bluray reader at the moment, sorry.

Is there a premium mk4 supra?
Just the Castrol one. Pics soon.

Arcade Mode Full Car list please
GT Mode Premium Full Car list please

Soon.
Can you rollover a car?
Going to need an LMP at La sarthe with chicanes for that. Will try as soon as I can. It's 2AM here :(

Are all the cars available to buy straight away?
If so (even if not) how much is the Mitsubishi FTO super tourer?
This is an awesome car in 5 and will be the first one I get my hands on in 6.
Yes, they're all laid out. Maybe some hidden cars will be prizes only.
Does car maintenance still come with that disturbing piano hymn?
It's a disturbing guitar hymn now.

Forgive me if already asked, but what's the song for the OP movie?
You'll have to wait for the video. I didn't recognize the song when I heard it.

I'll update the OP with new pics and some of these answers in a minute then start playing. 1 hour till the dealership video.

=========

Update 6:07AM

@BHRxRacer many PP are the two Audi R18 TDI?
Really, that car is fast?
From Google Translator
621. It should be that fast..
Q. Does installing aero kits on street cars provide Front Downforce now?
Will test soon.
@BHRxRacer by "race view" I mean, maybe hop into cockpit view, press pause, and let us know what options we have to alter the view (Normal, Zoom, and Extra zoom were some of the GT5 options).
It would be nice if they let us adjust the Field-of-View angle..
Adding pics soon.
My PS3 doesn't read dual layer blurays anymore. I just want to know if I should get it digitally or get the physical version. If it's a single layer I'll probably get it tomorrow.
Kinda important.
How do you suppose I test that? I don't have a bluray reader at the moment, sorry.
Is there a premium mk4 supra?
Just the Castrol one. Pics soon.
Arcade Mode Full Car list please
GT Mode Premium Full Car list please
Soon.
Can you rollover a car?
Going to need an LMP at La sarthe with chicanes for that. Will try as soon as I can. It's 2AM here :(

Are all the cars available to buy straight away?
If so (even if not) how much is the Mitsubishi FTO super tourer?
This is an awesome car in 5 and will be the first one I get my hands on in 6.
Yes, they're all laid out. Maybe some hidden cars will be prizes only.
Does car maintenance still come with that disturbing piano hymn?
It's a disturbing guitar hymn now.
Forgive me if already asked, but what's the song for the OP movie?
You'll have to wait for the video. I didn't recognize the song when I heard it.
I'll update the OP with new pics and some of these answers in a minute then start playing. 1 hour till the dealership video.

Last edited:
Does the [Standard] Suzuki Alto Works RS/Z still look rather ugly, especially on its sides? It was among the worse ones in GT5.

Also, unrelated, but have Special Stage Route 5 and 7 been improved? 7 especially, which looked unfinished in GT5.

Back