* * * GT6 QUICK TUNE * * * TUNISMO APP NOW AVAILABLE FOR iOS!

Just a quick update, a few people have mentioned that they having problems with the spring rates on some versions of the Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 '13. Apparently the regular silver painted version comes with default spring rates of 27.27 front and 10.97 rear which work perfectly with Quick Tune. However, I've been informed that the Base Model, Schulze Motorsport and 15th Anniversary editions all have modified rates of 21.43 front and 13.27 rear which do not. Since the total adjustment range hasn't been altered accordingly, it can cause the calculated spring rates to go out of bounds. As there doesn't seem to be a way to fix this, I recommend using the 27.27/10.97 rates instead.

In other news, Quick Tune is now over 1000 downloads! :cheers:

Last edited:
I'm so pleased to have tripped over this tool. Thanks for putting the effort into it, oppositelock.

I will be trying it out with a G27 wheel and will provide feedback if I see anything that I can't attribute to my general lack of driving skills.
---------
oppositelock, I have a suggestion about the Excel workbook. I like the way you have set up the unprotected cells to guide the user inputs. I have found it helpful to fill user-modifiable cells with a bright yellow to provide an indication of the scope of possible inputs.

Highlighting the entry boxes in not a bad idea. After staring at this thing for years, I kind of forget new people can get lost in it. Yellow backgrounds might be a bit garish, I'm thinking red borders might look alright.

As far as the calculations go, does anyone feel that the dampers are coming out too hard? I've started to notice that the default settings as well as a lot of tunes on the forum are a lot softer than in previous games. I'm thinking about bumping it down one click all around for v4.1. If anybody has any other suggestions or fixes, now is a good time to mention them.

@oppositelock
Firstly great tool thank you for sharing, It has become my crew chief because I am useless,

For me the dampers are ok stiff but are always even (front - rear) is it possible to have them adjust with the entry - exit adjustments, Because the springs just go back and forth, 0,0 is very similar to -3,-3,
The dampers helping in that area could give the car the edge some are looking for.

Well, the damper compression will be the same front and rear, but the extension will vary with weight distribution. I actually wrote several different formulas and did a fair amount of testing with damper compression back when I first started the project. To make a long story short, nothing worked, at least consistently and on a broad range of vehicles. The cars generally just seemed more predictable during transient maneuvers when the front and rear compression were the same, or at least very close. Too soft in front just seemed to make turn-in sluggish, while too soft in the rear would result in snap oversteer. The best solution seemed to be to leave it alone.

There's also another reason that the balance function doesn't work with either dampers or swaybars, and that the fidelity of the adjustment. With all the other settings you can make very, very fine changes, but these only go from 1 to 10 and 1 to 7, respectively. For example, if I were to rewrite it so that going +1 on balance would soften the front damper by 1 click and harden the rear by 1, not only would this have a undesirably large effect on handling but you'd very soon run out of adjustment range. The game sort of ties my hands in this regard.

Last edited:
Highlighting the entry boxes in not a bad idea. After staring at this thing for years, I kind of forget new people can get lost in it. Yellow backgrounds might be a bit garish, I'm thinking red borders might look alright.

As far as the calculations go, does anyone feel that the dampers are coming out too hard? I've started to notice that the default settings as well as a lot of tunes on the forum are a lot softer than in previous games. I'm thinking about bumping it down one click all around for v4.1. If anybody has any other suggestions or fixes, now is a good time to mention them.
yah, I've noticed that also. I've been using a lower (2 or even 1) suspension level (instead of my usual 4 or 3) to match closer to the default setup.

First of all, thanks for a great tool! Glad to see you back at it.
Ive been using your previous version of the tool and have modified it for GT6 best results. I've been adjusting it and it at a point where I'm very happy with it for setting a baseline in GT6.

"..does anyone feel that the dampers are coming out too hard?"
- Ive compared your latest version (v4.0) to my modified v3.1 and, yes, I feel that your v4 damper setting are at least two clicks on the hard side for my preferences. This observation is from testing/tuning on over 20 cars now in GT6

Keep up the great work.

You're welcome, and thanks for the feedback. I'd be very interested in seeing how you modified the GT5 sheet, it might give me a new direction to go in.

Last edited:
Will the DeltaWing be addressed anytime soon?
You're unable to change the FSB setting which is locked at 1 in game.
GT6QT has been a lifesaver for me.

Yeah, I came across that. It's not really practical to have a special "Deltawing" setting in QT, though. I just manually set the rear swaybar to 1 also, since anything higher would exacerbate it's well-known handling characteristics. Seems to drive pretty well pretty well now, at least in mid-to-high speed corners.

Last edited:
When On your spread sheet. what do you do about PP when typing in Car Speck. also please hel me understand how to put in ride height high and low? Im confused when typing in parameters on that. Sorry for my ignorance put I am extremely new

you don't need pp info except to adjust your power level to match whatever pp you need for a certain race. does that make sense?

Also, ride height low & high levels are found when you click on your ride height (front & rear) under your suspension settings/adjustments. does that make sense?

you don't need pp info except to adjust your power level to match whatever pp you need for a certain race. does that make sense?

Also, ride height low & high levels are found when you click on your ride height (front & rear) under your suspension settings/adjustments. does that make sense?

I got ya. scroll all the way down and up on both front and back rand then put those 2 numbers in for each location so Lowest in front could be 85 but highest in front when scrolling all the way back to the right you get 110 purse. then that ranges calculates out on the spread sheet.
I think I get it. Im hoping this Quick tune sheet will give me a better starting point for cars. I will let yall know. sounds like its working for most.

Sorry Guys, next question.... How do you set the Numbers to what was default if Ive been messing and saving setups?

You shouldn't have to scroll back and forth, it will display the minimum and maximum at the ends of the scroll bar. Assuming you haven't saved setups on the B or C screens, you can get the defaults from there. On road cars you can also uninstall the racing suspension and reinstall it to reset it. If you've changed all three setups on a race car, well, you're kinda screwed.

yah, just click once on the ride height and it will show you the lowest setting possibility on the left and the same on the right (repeat for the rear). does that make sense? try it!

ok another question from the newb. When it comes to Transmission I see the numbers but where do you set your Max Speed and what about "final gear" thanks in advance for the help.

I've been looking at the defaults for the fully customizable suspension and starting with settings that come as close as I can get to that (usually a level 1 or 2). I also check the default camber settings & try to match them. So far, I have been getting good results.

Personally, I don't even think about the default settings when tuning because I feel most of them are poop. About the only thing I find them useful for is extrapolating spring rates. As far as level settings, I've been following a rough guideline that looks sort of like this:

Levels 0 and 1: Rally cars.
Level 2: Understeer prone FWD and AWD road cars. Low powered RWD road cars.
Level 3: Well balanced to oversteer prone AWD road cars. Moderately powered RWD road cars
Level 4: Very high powered RWD road cars. Most race cars.
Level 5: Stupid, insanely fast race cars.

Might not work for everyone, but it works for me. I still don't know what to make of camber, however. Running zero all around just seems.....wrong. I just leave the base camber angle at 1.0 for everything because I'm lazy.

Last edited:
I was looking for a starting point! Yours sounds good! I like to find a system that works, that's why I like your Quick Tune program!

One more thing, if you're having trouble dialing excessive oversteer out of a car, try using body rigidity improvement before going crazy with the balance function. I've found it really helps to keep loose cars pointed in the right direction. DO NOT install it on an understeer prone car, as it will just make the problem worse while lightening your wallet.

Great work.

Just a question...I got a driving force wheel, but not sure if it works on PS3...is there any "attachement" (lack the correct word) to make it plug on PS3? I think it only has the piece for ps1/2...not sure where it is on my garage lol

any advice is welcome

I think the balance setting isn't working properly. When I enter 3 for corner entry and exit balance to encourage oversteer, the quicktune instead adjusts the settings for understeer in some categories (Front ride height raised, rear ride height lowered, front toe angle reduced, rear toe angle reduced) while others are adjusted for oversteer (front springs softened, rear springs stiffened). I don't consider myself an expert on suspension tuning, but unless Polyphony's descriptions for these categories are incorrect, I don't see how the above changes to the ride height and toe angle would encourage oversteer. I've also tried inverting the roll resistance setting, but that does not seem to have any affect at all on ride height and toe angle.

Back