GT6 Review Thread

Personaly , I don't like embargos , they are often put in first place because reviews are not good. I've been allready Gearboxed™ earlier this year for A:CM and hate It. Not the fact that I bought A.CM after all I'm Aliens fan and I'd bought It anyway but fact that devs lied all over .But then , there are embargos like GTA5 , where game turns to be good > not talking bout mp part :D

Concerning GT embargo > I don't care to much for reviews or is it 80,90,70%:D I'm sure everyone will complain or mentioned in reviews how this is not NEXT gen , and NOT all cars were half premiumed and AI is still like It is , but handling is perfect . If GT6 is just a GT5 with improved car models and more tracks I'd like to drive > looks like it is, I'm buying It . Only other option at the moment would cost me 1000€ and wouldn't be better than this 60€ experience :D

Last edited:
If you really expect it to be miles better I would read the reviews first, from what I read so far from people that already own it it's basically GT5.5, so more like inches better instead of miles :D
I take it you thought GT5 was GT4.5 which means you consider GT6 to be GT5. From what I have seen from the people who own GT6 I consider to be GT6 not GT5.5 which some people who will never be happy will call it.

But if you read carefully what the majority of the lucky owners said after a couple of days on the game : "a little underwhelming". And IMO this feeling could have a huge impact on sales...

I think that this GT6 will be really far from the GT4 score (as a second gt on the same hardware) and I think that Sony knows that...
All the horde of negative reactions doesn't had any impact in the GT5 sales compared to GT4, why it should matter now with an overall more positive GT6 impressions and with a better launch game than GT5?

GT6 competes with GT5, not GT4. That is the score to look at and even with that does not make a much sense if you look for a reference to choose the better game (GT3 vs GT4).

I take it you thought GT5 was GT4.5 which means you consider GT6 to be GT5. From what I have seen from the people who own GT6 I consider to be GT6 not GT5.5 which some people who will never be happy will call it.
They are happy yes, but the ones that own it also state it's GT5.5 ;)

And it has nothing to do with unsatisfied people, it's an observation of reality which the fanboys take personally...

People call it 5.5 because of very little change outside of physics changes.

In 4 to 5:
-Upgrade to Full-HD
-200-250 Highest Poly-models on the console market
-~20 new tracks
-Day/night and weather cycles
-Physical damage
-New race series' (Karting, NASCAR, etc.)
-Track Generator
-Revamped photo mode
-Online features and modes
-More cars on track

In 5 to 6:
-Significant upgrade to physics
-AI slightly improved
-day/night and weather improved and on more tracks
-~8 new tracks (depends on opinions of moon courses and track generator locations)
-~150 new cars
-Load times improved
-Improved A-Spec and B-Spec integration (Possible in GT5)
-Improved online features (possible in GT5)
-GT vision and other collaborations (possible in GT5)
-Nearly all assets are re-used, 66% of the car list looks like it's still in the PS2 era, and there's still massive duplicates for padding
-Engine sounds have barely changed
-Not even all features from GT5 are available on day-1

The progression is TINY compared to the last games (including 1-2 and 3-4) - it's pretty much optimization of working features, partial (sort of) fixes to existing problems, and then logical asset additions. There are some quite impressive new features (course creator and data logger for example), but those aren't even going to be there day one, and there's still obvious problems in the framework, major issues focusing unbalances and inconsistent quality in the car list, and the engine sounds. AI has been improved a little, but it's apparently still a bit of a problem. THAT is why people call it GT5.5 - because seemingly so little has changed. Partially GT5 was already hitting the limits. Some changes are so minor it really DOES seem like it was possible in GT5.

But a code re-work and physics and lighting engine revamp? No, that's not possible on pre-existing software.

People call it 5.5 because of very little change outside of physics changes.

In 4 to 5:
-Upgrade to Full-HD
-200-250 Highest Poly-models on the console market
-~20 new tracks
-Day/night and weather cycles
-Physical damage
-New race series' (Karting, NASCAR, etc.)
-Track Generator
-Revamped photo mode
-Online features and modes
-More cars on track

In 5 to 6:
-Significant upgrade to physics
-AI slightly improved
-day/night and weather improved and on more tracks
-~8 new tracks (depends on opinions of moon courses and track generator locations)
-~150 new cars
-Load times improved
-Improved A-Spec and B-Spec integration (Possible in GT5)
-Improved online features (possible in GT5)
-GT vision and other collaborations (possible in GT5)
-Nearly all assets are re-used, 66% of the car list looks like it's still in the PS2 era, and there's still massive duplicates for padding
-Engine sounds have barely changed
-Not even all features from GT5 are available on day-1

The progression is TINY compared to the last games (including 1-2 and 3-4) - it's pretty much optimization of working features, partial (sort of) fixes to existing problems, and then logical asset additions. There are some quite impressive new features (course creator and data logger for example), but those aren't even going to be there day one, and there's still obvious problems in the framework, major issues focusing unbalances and inconsistent quality in the car list, and the engine sounds. AI has been improved a little, but it's apparently still a bit of a problem. THAT is why people call it GT5.5 - because seemingly so little has changed. Partially GT5 was already hitting the limits. Some changes are so minor it really DOES seem like it was possible in GT5.

But a code re-work and physics and lighting engine revamp? No, that's not possible on pre-existing software.
There will also be tiny progression from GT6 to GT7 so you may as well call that GT6.25 when it comes out. Just because it will be on the PS4 doesn't guarantee a massive leap in changes. Also if you look at the ammount of changes between 4 - 5 and 5 - 6 you will see that there is more changes between 5 - 6 which means that theres a tiny difference between 4 - 5 too

O
There will also be tiny progression from GT6 to GT7 so you may as well call that GT6.25 when it comes out. Just because it will be on the PS4 doesn't guarantee a massive leap in changes. Also if you look at the ammount of changes between 4 - 5 and 5 - 6 you will see that there is more changes between 5 - 6 which means that theres a tiny difference between 4 - 5 too

It isn't guaranteed, but it's significantly more likely - PD how has hardware that is INCREDIBLY easy to write for, therefore in game functions should have a chance to bloom. I don't know what they'll be doing about assets, my guess is that they'll have less, but even so, there's so much chance to shine in GT7. The roof has been raised.

But you are right - we won't know until we actually see some GT7 content. There better not be ANY old or old-esq. assets, whatever does happen.

In optimal conditions, as in premium cars, running alone, GT6 looks really, really good. We're definitely at a point where there are severely diminished returns on the graphics front. Yes it can look better but the days of leaps akin to GT2>3 and GT4>5 are long gone. Much of the focus now will switch to things like real time weather, modeled engine bays, livery editing, better AI and hopefully, enhanced gameplay. Of course stabilizing graphic output so it's reliable and consistent under all conditions will become a priority in GT7.

IGN confirming what i thought would happen, Glad i sold my PS3 now and went with Xbox One.

Roll on GT7 on PS4 and no more PS2 or PS3 cars please PD...Start from scratch!

IGN review is terrible, the reviewer starts off with negative comments and all he seems to care about is sound and damage.

To be fair the vast majority of us have been more concerned about sound than anything else as it's GT's achilles heel. That and AI and it does not sound like AI has been improved either.

To be fair the vast majority of us have been more concerned about sound than anything else as it's GT's achilles heel. That and AI and it does not sound like AI has been improved either.
the reviewer didn't mention Career mode at all, what's up with that?

Just like they did to Sonic Lost World. They only said negative things and nothing positive about it....
Reviewers rushed the review, they didn't even complete the game, i just say the videogamer review, he played for 11hrs and thinks he has enough information to review a Gran Turismo game? these people need to play it for 20-40hrs in order to make a worthwhile review.

If the patch only brings "unlocking online features"(and I'm sure that this is what will happen) then the purpose of this embargo is to sell a lot of games before the official reviews...

If there are surprises with this "day 1 patch"(and I really hope that) then I will admit I was wrong...
The patch thread points to a lot more than simply unlocking online...

You know what would help this situation? If we had a little bit more information about embargo's and how they are normally used. If only we had like...and article or something...

*poof*
http://www.penny-arcade.com/report/...s-of-review-game-embargoes-a-guide-to-what-it
I need say no more, except thank you.

Haha, Venture beat gave it a low score because they know nothing about cars :lol:. Why rate something if you know nothing about the genre? Makes no sense to me.

Venture Beat - 65/100
http://venturebeat.com/2013/12/06/gr...ismo-6-review/
Gran Turismo 6 is not a game for the uninitiated. It’s made for racing fans by racing fans. It’s for people who know that front/rear weight distribution isn’t a euphemism for holiday weight gain and that the Gap doesn’t refer to a mall clothing store. As a nonracing fan, there’s a lot about it I still don’t understand. What are performance points and why are they important? I have no idea what torque is. I have no idea what an exhaust manifold is or why it improves my car’s racing ability. Admittedly, some of this information is available in the game, but it’s densely packed into the user-interface and might prove intimidating to newcomers. I didn’t care enough to look for it. More importantly, Polyphonic did nothing to make me care. Outside of a few beginner driving lessons, it feels as if you’re supposed to know all of this stuff already, and that could alienate some of the new blood this aging franchise needs to stay relevant in the next console generation.

Everything else seems pretty good to me!

Reviewers rushed the review, they didn't even complete the game, i just say the videogamer review, he played for 11hrs and thinks he has enough information to review a Gran Turismo game? these people need to play it for 20-40hrs in order to make a worthwhile review.
Excatly. Seriously, don't know why they never do that and think "Well, it's time to make a review" yeah, after playing 8 to 11 hours.... :rolleyes:

Just woke up and have only had six hours with the game so far. I didn't get to try much but I really sense a huge improvement over GT5 in several aspects. Really liking it and I agree with some of the general findings in these reviews.

Latest Posts

Back