GT6 Sales Discussion

PCars and Forza are probably seeing themselves in their mirrors, PCars investors return (and lack of PR) doesn't seem to place it above 2mi. PCars sold ~150k PC, ~250k X1, and ~600k, in its first full month. 7 months later PC is at 330k after being heavily discounted (AC is at ~300k), and it basically didn't chart in Europe the whole year (passed 100k PS4 in Germany in October, Sony's now largest market in EU).

And there's of course Shuhei Yoshida's statement about the "driving genre being hard" at this moment.
Don't think it's decent competition driving everyone down.
Like you mentioned yourself, now FM6 has PCARS, FM5 (which wasn't released that long ago) and Forza Horizon which take a part away from the Xbone segment. On Playstation i suppose Driveclub sold very well and there was no 'next gen' GT yet so i don't think we need to worry at all. People still like a driving game on their consoles just like they did 10 or 20 years ago, there's just more of them and they are better in quality.

Sorry for the bump, but what happened to the article about sales vs reviews posted on the News page yesterday?

It's actually about to be re-published.

Ah ok. I just thought it's weird to disappear completely without a trace. I didn't think it contains any potentially sensitive information either (like some leaks GTP has posted in the past that has been asked to be taken down by PD).

Not to mention the complete lack of numbers. GT6 selling comparatively less than three different Call of Duties, Mortal Kombat, Okami HD, and even... Pac-Man (?!) doesn't tell us much.

Isnt GT6 like $60 on PSN? It was like $30 Christmas 2 yrs ago.

Surprised it sells so well at full price on downloads.

A breakdown of sales at different prices would shed a lot of light on the subject, for sure. Especially when discounted to 1/4 the price.

A breakdown of sales at different prices would shed a lot of light on the subject, for sure. Especially when discounted to 1/4 the price.

Yeah and as I think I said a few pages back, the discounts were fast, both digitally and in stores. It wasn't $60 for very long at all. One would theorise due to lower than anticipated sales at full price.

Time to bump this thread as the numbers have been updated.

PD updated the sale numbers
  • Gran Turismo — 10.85
  • Gran Turismo 2 — 9.37
  • Gran Turismo 3 A-Spec — 14.89
  • Gran Turismo Concept Series — 1.56
  • Gran Turismo 4 Prologue — 1.4
  • Gran Turismo 4 — 11.76
  • Gran Turismo 5 Prologue — 5.35
  • Gran Turismo PSP — 4.65
  • Gran Turismo 5 — 11.95
  • Gran Turismo 6 — 5.01
  • Total: 76.79 Millionen
http://www.polyphony.co.jp/products/

Congratulations:cheers:

So that means GT6 sold 300,000 units between September 30th and Jun 30th, 8 months.

Latest Posts

Back