GT6 Screenshots / Videos

• Thread starter BkS
  • 10,029 comments
What is this??? There is no porsche in the game, but there is a sponsor baner in lemans track. If PD have no right to use porsche trademark why it's in a game???

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    730.8 KB · Views: 6
What is this??? There is no porsche in the game, but there is a sponsor baner in lemans track. If PD have no right to use porsche trademark why it's in a game???

A sign of things to come. Porsche, certainly has got to be sick of their prestigious name being drafted through the EA mud bog?

Kaz's most famous word, "soon".

They've changed the sound of it! Those camera angles :P

They've dropped the Ferrari F1 sound and seemed to have opted for a more turbo V6 sound, which is appropriate considering its supposedly powered by a turbo charged V6.

Pretty sure that's there as part of the track license, something EA does not have control over.

Doesn't PD ever get embarrassed about the engine sounds? You'd think that manufactures would get peed about how the sounds of their cars are portrayed.

Most cars sound fine on a decent sound system. Racing exhausts and transmissions change it quite a bit for the worse though.

Hardware limitations, vinyl vs 128k mp3, which sounds better? That's right, vinyl. There will be no room for excuses on the PS4, PERIOD.

Well, if you are relating PS4 to mp3, then the sounds will be compressed, we wont have the dynamic range of vinyl.

Well you just used it in a forum...

It's part of the track, and PD aren't using that banner to make money. It's free advertising for porsche.

If there was a coke can next to the track, do you think that would be an issue?

It's part of the track, and PD aren't using that banner to make money. It's free advertising for porsche.

What if there was a statue of a Porsche next to the track. :D Free model for later GT? lol

EA owns all rights to 🤬. We aren't even allowed to say 🤬 on a site, See watch....🤬
It automatically gets censored. Someone from EA made that picture upside down just so that it would be difficult to read.

Looks like the same fuji to me, but I always thought fuji looked really good. They really need to update Laguna Seca... and cote d azur... and trial mountain and deep forest and grand valley and ssr5, really they dont have that many more tracks to update.They added 7 brand new tracks, updating 6 old ones should be possible before gt7.

Last edited:
I hope it's not just me, but that track looks so much better in GT6... So much more vibrant and pretty looking. Looks like a re-pave as well.

New lighting and rendering engine will do that...

EA owns all rights to 🤬. We aren't even allowed to say 🤬 on a site, See watch....🤬
It automatically gets censored. Someone from EA made that picture upside down just so that it would be difficult to read.

HAHAHA!!! best joke I've seen all week!

Most cars sound fine on a decent sound system. Racing exhausts and transmissions change it quite a bit for the worse though.

Well, if you are relating PS4 to mp3, then the sounds will be compressed, we wont have the dynamic range of vinyl.

No, I'm comparing vinyl to (low grade 128k) mp3, and the limitations of that format.

Because of the limitations of the PS3, PD has their hands tied and has to dial down the fidelity of the engine sounds. The PS3 can't handle the graphics and physics demands that GT now has, along with high fidelity engine sounds. When Kaz said that the engine sounds in GT5 were too real, I think there was something lost in translation. I think he meant that the engine sounds that they recorded were too real sounding for the PS3 to handle.

As for vinyl being dubbed to digital, a record needs to be burned to a DVD (data disc) in WAV or FLAC in very large file sizes, like 2-3 gigs or so. Yes, vinyl can be dubbed to be burned to a CD. But, it doesn't sound as good as the larger file sizes.

Games such as Battlefield 4 sound fantastic in 7.1, far more dynamic than any PS3 game I've heard. I have to believe the sound files are much more dynamic in B4. The only other PS4 game I have access to is NFS Rivals, I'm not impressed with this game at all, visually or sonically.

@jimipitbull, I have to think that we are on the same page.

Back