GT6 Standard Cars Comparison Photos Thread

What do you think of Standard Models being re-done for GT6?

• I'm happy, I can see myself driving these cars more now.

Votes: 221 74.4%
  • I'm disappointed. I won't be driving these cars any more.

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • I'm mixed on this decision.

Votes: 47 15.8%
  • Other

Votes: 21 7.1%

• Total voters
Canada
Alberta
ThunderTHR
ThunderTHRx
Over at the "Standards" The good, the bad, and the ugly" thread (https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/standards-the-good-the-bad-and-the-ugly.291012/), several users, particularly from user "Mikhail K", we've seen photo comparisons on standard models from GT5, as they now appear on GT6.

To keep it simple, I thought I'd open this thread which would be committing to showcasing photo comparisons (side-to-side) of how Standards look on Gran Turismo 5, compared to how they NOW look on Gran Turismo 6. This was designed to allow ease of use for everyone to see these comparison photos, instead of having to go through multiple other threads.

Here's the cars we have seen compared.

Nissan R390 GT-1 Road Car

r390_s041-jpg.86020

Nissan R390 GT-1 Race Car

img_r390lm_011-jpg.85401

Ruf BTR

1398313_767768206573670_1231839756_o.jpg

Mitsubishi Colt

autodromo-nazionale-monza_all_011-jpg.85453

Toyota Soarer

soarer_011-jpg.85465

Mitsubishi FTO GP Touring R '97

fto_011-jpg.85546

Blitz Skyline ER34 D1 Spec '04

bltz_021-jpg.85861

Mercedes-Benz CLK Touring Car '00

slk_011-jpg.85898

If anyone else has any other photo comparisons, please feel free to post them. :)

If enough requests are given, I will do comparison shots once I get Gran Turismo 6 by Friday.

Last edited:
Forgot about that one, sorry!

Must've been too busy focusing on the ones that showcase the car in GT6 as compared to how they looked in GT5.
Do you want me to delete the pictures until we get some proper comparison photos from GT5? I don't want to mess up this thread.

It's amazing how little try did to these cars. Yes, they cleaned up the lines. Yes, they added 3D lights. Yes, they look better. But it's disappointing seeing more than half of the cars are like this. And I thought Kaz was a perfectionist. If I was one, I'd never let these in the game.

It's amazing how little try did to these cars. Yes, they cleaned up the lines. Yes, they added 3D lights. Yes, they look better. But it's disappointing seeing more than half of the cars are like this. And I thought Kaz was a perfectionist. If I was one, I'd never let these in the game.

Yeah...its really disappointing that they improved the standards two-fold...:rolleyes:

You know what PD, just take all the standards back to their original form.

Those updated standard cars are looking good. I hope the other cars get's the same treatment, because I like how updated they look. This is wishful thinking, but I hope/wish the Day 1 Patch will update the rest of the standard cars. My expectations are low though.

Nonetheless, I'm happy to drive these updated standard cars. :)

There's two threads for this already..
First look at standard cars and the Standards good the bad and the ugly. You bassicaly copied the last one.

First look at standard cars and the Standards good the bad and the ugly. You bassicaly copied the last one.

This thread is made for comparison purposes on how these cars now look as compared to GT5, not how they look by themselves. The photos that you see above? That's what this thread is about.

They did a nice job on some of them, hope they'll update more of them in future patches, the most popular at least.

The one you mentioned is technically a list of standard models that are categorized to good, bad, and ugly, with good being cleaned up, bad being worked on but not enough effort, and ugly being untouched standards.

But then the other thread went OOT to the point no one ever does this, as everyone is now comparing cars per comparison photos. So it was better to open a thread to post comparison photos only.

they are on a tight schedule, id even say that sony might be rushing them to get GT6 out of the door... its just me thinking though....

If I may make a suggestion for a comparison:
The supposedly updated Audi S4 (or was it a 5, I'm losing marbles.)

This thread is made for comparison purposes on how these cars now look as compared to GT5, not how they look by themselves. The photos that you see above? That's what this thread is about.
I would have never too, but fan (replacing "peer") pressure wanted a lot of returning cars, and it then resulted with this.

I didn't realize how making this thread would be an issue to some. :D

I just thought it'd be easier for people to have all of those photos added to one thread without having to scroll through countless pages of other ones. Hey, to all their own though.

I'm very glad they are addressing these low quality models and getting rid of the horrible 2004-era jaggies, but really this kind of work should have been done in the first place with GT5. Now we have an even more fractured car quality (premium, not-quite-standard-kinda-premium, and standard), but hey it's a step forward. A small step but at least it feels like they're doing something to address some of the more glaring issues. :)

Nice way to stir it up. :rolleyes:

I can't believe how excited people are about improved models that might have been acceptable for a PS3 launch title. :rolleyes:

Annnnddd... here comes a tsunami of :gtplanet: rage.

I agree with you. People shouldn't be excited at all - at best they should feel glad that the car is in the game (in some form). It still bugs me to think that the majority of the cars in GT6 are by PD's own standards - not to the best level that they could be.

I understand modelling takes time but getting excited over these "semi-premium" improved cars isn't encouraging at all.

Hopefully not one GT player will find different detail levels of car acceptable by GT7, seriously.

Back