[GT6] Super Taikyu - Motegi 1 Hr EnduranceFinished 

Downhill Dino

Premium
United States
Maryland
DownhillDinosaur
upload_2014-10-16_1-46-42.png
Based on the series taking place in Japan, I bring you a special event. These races contain multiple classes of tuned production cars to compete in an endurance. Open to all skill levels.

Currently this is in the works and going to use a Spot Race to do the testing before possibly sending it off to be a Racing Series. Car regulations wise, this can go one of two ways. We can either go by the book and follow the restrictions placed in the real series, or go into full tuning, nothing prohibited (unless stated otherwise) with potential power limiting. The decision is to go with the rules that Super Taikyu follows.

We will only be racing classes ST-2 through ST-4. There will be a limit on how many cars race in each class, and how many each car may be used. Note, not all classes have to have a driver, they may be left void and thus will not be used. As well as the limit, it does not need to be met and is only there to give availability to those who may not wish to race in other classes. Signing up as a reverse is also welcome.
motegi2.jpg

STRI.png

Tires: Sports Soft & Racing Heavy Rain​

Tuning Information

STRI2.png

All aero parts permitted except flat floors. Body Rigidity Improvement is permitted as well.

*Abarth 500 is required to have Engine Tuning 3 and Turbo Stage 3

Date & Time

November 20, 2014 (Thursday) at 11:00 PM GMT/23:00 GMT/6:00 PM EST

This can be changed to accommodate participant’s time zones and schedules. The event can last between 1.30 to 2 hours.

You are free to add my PSN (daibaspeed) but the room will be public and the room number posted.​

Race Procedure

Qualifying to last 20 minutes and open to all classes. Race to follow, assemble into qualifying positions and begin pace lap. Pace speed set to 60 mph or 100 kpmh. This will be a standing start race, once the pace lap is over find your grid position and await for the host to give the start time.

motegicars.png

Current Selection and Availability

10/16

ST-2 (4/6)
  • Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X GSR Premium Package '07 (3/3)
  • Subaru IMPREZA Sedan WRX STI '10 (1/3)
ST-3 (0/6)
  • Nissan Fairlady Z (Z34) '08 (0/3)
  • Nissan Fairlady Z Version S (Z33) '07 (0/3)
ST-4 (6/8)
  • Abarth 500 '09 (1/2)
  • Honda CIVIC TYPE R '08 (0/2)
  • Honda INTEGRA TYPE R (DC5) '04 (1/2)
  • Honda S2000 '06 (2/2)
  • Mazda Roadster RS (NC) (1/2)
  • Scion FR-S '12 / Subaru BRZ S '12 / Toyota 86 GT '12 (1/2)
This selection is based off of the current cars participating in the real series. If this is found to be unsatisfactory, the selection will be opened up to include more.

Car Number Format

Base: Type C or Type D
Typeface: Any​

Sign-up Format

GTP:
PSN:
Team
Car/Class
Number:

Example

GTP: Driver
PSN: Driver1
Gran Turismo Racing
ST-4/Toyota 86 GT '12
Number: 50

Entries

ST2

#12 / Master Class Racing (M.C.R.) / rcb929 / Mitsubishi Evolution X
#23 / Team Attesa / daibaspeed / Mitsubishi Evolution X
#26 / Puchino Speedstars / G_Parrilla / Subaru Impreza
#86 / Evans Motorsport Mitsubishi / paoleoevans / Mitsubishi Evolution X

ST3

ST4

#14 / Setegaya Street Racing 5yndicate (SSR5) / gkgamer / Mazda Roadster
#21 / Honda VTEC POWER Racing / Ettick_ / Honda S2000
#38 / Abarth Genki SimRacing / GTP_CAMikaze / Abarth 500
#42 / Race Etiquette Motorsports (R.E.M) / gurizzi / Toyota 86 GT
#77 / NRG Racing / FlyinHawaiian77 / Honda S2000
#93 / ZeroNYC Performance / akira8654 / Honda Integra

Last edited:
hi, this looks fun. I will try to join but my time zone is GMT+9 so that makes a really tough 7AM.
anyways what about tuning limitations? In my opinion, real series regulations seems to be the best.

Good to have you on board! I was leaning towards doing the real regulations but wanted to have other's input so it can be more to their liking.

Also on time and date, that was mostly a randomly chosen. Now of course, what time(s) could work better for you?

Hello, Dino--

Great set-up! looks fun!

-- I think we should go with the real life specs. & adjust from there as needed. You have 'heavy' damage! great realistic settings! Wed. & Thurs. are good for me. I'm not familiar with this real-life series, but I will learn from you!

-- I'm just getting into racing road-cars! 👍

GTP: gurizzi
PSN: gurizzi
Race Etiquette Motorsports (R.E.M)
ST-4/Toyota 86 GT '12
Number: 42

-- thnx!, let me know any other info u need!

GTP: rcb929
PSN: rcb929
Master Class Racing (M.C.R)
Car/Class ST-2 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X GSR Premium Package '07
Number: #12

GTP: Ettick
PSN: Ettick_
Honda VTEC POWER Racing
ST-4/Honda S2000 '06
Number: 21

I might change to the civic depending on how bad the tire wear is.

@Downhill Dino -- I have a question and I'm sorry if the answer is posted above, I just couldn't see it. I see that we can choose from various cars. Do those cars have to be driven 100% stock? Are there PP limits that allow for modifications? How about suspension modifications? Thank you..

Currently the parts are going to based on what's allowed in the real series, with an exception here and there.
The following parts are applicable to all cars.

Fully Customizable Suspension
Racing Brakes
Full Customizable Transmission
LSD
Engine Tuning 1
ECU
Racing Exhaust
Catalytic Converter
Exhaust Manifold
All Weight Reduction parts

To balance the cars there are equal ballast levels and the power limiter will be used.

Also ST-5 will be eliminated.

Last edited:
Thank you for your quick response. This sounds very interesting. And 1 hour is a good way for me to get my feet wet with Endurance Racing. I will get back to you as soon as possible if I am able to participate. Thank you very much...

No problem, ask anything if you have any questions. If you can't make the current time and date tell me what can work for you.

I think I'm going to drive the Evo, so @rcb929 what colour is your's? Gotta make sure we're not the same!

No problem, ask anything if you have any questions. If you can't make the current time and date tell me what can work for you.

I think I'm going to drive the Evo, so @rcb929 what colour is your's? Gotta make sure we're not the same!
What color is yours?

Currently the parts are going to based on what's allowed in the real series, with an exception here and there.
The following parts are applicable to all cars.

Fully Customizable Suspension
Racing Brakes
Full Customizable Transmission
LSD
Engine Tuning 1
ECU
Racing Exhaust
Catalytic Converter
Exhaust Manifold
All Weight Reduction parts

To balance the cars there are equal ballast levels and the power limiter will be used.
Care to add this to the first post?

Was planning to. As I said earlier I fell ill and haven't gotten around a desktop in awhile. And mobile editing is such a pain. But thanks for the reminder! 👍

Can I get a Polyphony award for delays? :P Tuning regulations, parts and car specs, have been added to the first post. :)

Car specs weren't quite as planned in their current state. I wanted to follow the specifications of the real cars but for balancing it had to be altered a lot.

I'm not sure if I'll be able to race, but:
GTP: G_Parrilla
PSN: G_Parrilla
Puchino Speedstars
ST-2/Subaru IMPREZA Sedan WRX STI '10
Number: 26

I'll find out as early as tomorrow if I'll be able to take part in this race when I get my work schedule for next week. :)

In the meantime, I'll post a link to this thread in another forum I frequent to see if I can help you out in increasing the entry list.;)

Latest Posts

Back