GT6 Where are the used cars?

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 6' started by logicliker, Dec 1, 2013.

1. logicliker

logicliker

This is one of my favorite aspects of the GT series. Buying used junkers and fixing them up/modding them to compete with the newer/more powerful cars.

I have the game, and I cannot find used car dealership anywhere. This is shocking to me, given that it has been a staple in the series for its 15 year history, and one of the really cool aspects that make the game unique compared to other racing games.

Anybody with the game, or who has followed the pre-release scene, can confirm that there are used cars somewhere in the game?

BennieDaBlade and LatinInferno like this.
  2. TheeFrogmanlego

TheeFrogmanlego (Banned)

Gt6 follows the GT3 formula in MANY aspects. They got rid of it because people complained about looking for a car..

3. QuattroDelta

QuattroDelta

Gran Turismo 6:2.

4. Tier 2 Racing

Tier 2 Racing

Is that a fact.

5. Brend

Brend Premium

They didn't have to get out-right rid of it, but I had a simple change to make it better:

A way of letting the dealership know what kind of car you were looking for.

Doing this would then increase your chance of finding it by a certain percent by how much money you paid the retailer in every in-game week.

I drew up a concept prototype for a computing subject at Uni.

6. Eric W

Eric W

The used car dealership will be sorely missed. I really liked the anticipation with checking the UCD for that rare sought after car that few had, at least in the early days on the game.

7. SCER

SCER

They could easily have had the old random UCD alongside the new format. Buy the pristine car, or a slightly cheaper used one depending on whether or not it's available.

KinLM, TheClarky, ELPhantomII and 4 others like this.
  8. iainoflo85

iainoflo85

Exactly. What I was about to suggest, in fact. There's room on the Dealership tab thingy on the GT home screen underneath Recommended, why not add a UCD in there, that rotates older cars and not race cars.

9. Sage Ages

Sage Ages

I like the normal dealership better. Saving me from hours of hell.

10. SCER

SCER

Could've had both.

11. eran0004

eran0004

I won't miss the UCD a bit.

1. It made me buy lots of cars I didn't really want and that I ended up never using, because "hey, some day I might want to use this car and this might be my only chance to get it". In the end I had 1700 cars in my garage.

2. No need to wait or cycle the dealership in order to get the cars (and in the colours) I do want.

GregOr1971, JEasy12, suv139 and 7 others like this.
  12. FRoSTeD

FRoSTeD

Pretty much all this. Now I get to see how much I've driven out of all my cars since they all start at 0 miles.

No fussing with a UCD, tediously cycling through it is a big + for me!

JEasy12, GT5FREAK500 and paoloevans like this.
  13. Dimontez

Dimontez

I loved UCD. I guess it really depends on the way you're playing the game, but for me every visit went "OMG OMG OMG that's an awesome little thing and I want it for my garage". I really loved getting the rarest variant of the car, or just buying some old beater for fun. It's comparable to the loot mechanics of RPGs. Some people love it, some don't.

Anyway, they could've let UCD be and let people buy the cars they want to right away with a bit of a premium. Actually, now that I think of it, removal of UCD fits in a bit too nicely with the push for microtransactions. No more cheap cars for you, Valued Customer!

14. ZZ-II

ZZ-II

Totally agree. And every car has 0 Miles/Kilometers when you buy it

15. WRECKU

WRECKU

I will sadly miss the UCD, it was a huge part of the game for me.

mr_pepps likes this.
  16. ZZ-II

ZZ-II

I'm glad i'll be able to buy all cars new in the Dealership. I didn't like the UCD...

JEasy12, Coenraad and GT5FREAK500 like this.
  17. Jump_Ace

Jump_Ace Staff Emeritus

The UCD was a waste of time (I spent about 50 hours just cycling through the UCD just to collect all the cars) and I suspect existed solely because they didn't want us looking at the GT4 imported cars next to the premium ones, resulting in even more outcry.

Jerome

Anomaly, Thimble, GT5FREAK500 and 3 others like this.
  18. ildd

ildd

The UCD may have been a little frustrating in GT5 if you were looking to collect every car, but it helps so much in the beginning... cars could be 30% off which you could put towards tires, turbo, etc. It's a classic part of GT and i'll miss it. But I can definitely see why people don't mind it getting taken out.

paoloevans likes this.
  19. MidoDaDon

MidoDaDon

I already got the game post-release and yes, unfourtunaly there is no used cars until now, I hope they fix this in the day 1 update.

20. ZZ-II

ZZ-II

I doubt it

MuoNiuLa likes this.
  21. dr_slump

dr_slump Premium

True, I don't understand why that many people can't imagine having a UCD with used cars to lower prices toghether with a NCD with every car available as new to higher prices.

I wish it had one.

MuoNiuLa likes this.
  22. Master Weasel

Master Weasel Premium

As long as every car is still available at all times, sure.

23. Nicko6180

Nicko6180

I'd prefer it without the used car dealership, because it will means you don't have to wait for ages to buy a car you really want such as a chapparal 2j or a nissan r390 like you did in gt5 even if you had enough money, in gt6 you can just go to the dealership and buy one, no waiting around or cycling through, therefore more time spent racing.

24. OntzettendeJan

OntzettendeJan

I had a love-hate relationship with the ucd. It improved when a patched introduced the car marker in the ucd for cars you already owned.

25. GranTurismoer

GranTurismoer

I will miss the used car dealership, what I wont miss is the terrible way GT5 did it, only a few cars at a time for a car pool of around eight hundred was ridiculous.

Shiftlockin and Imari like this.
  26. Tired Tyres

Tired Tyres

Ideally, mixing the all cars in the Dealerships of GT6 with the UCD of GT4 or 5 would keep everyone happy.

Want that car right now? Buy it new. Want to hunt for a bargain?

Come to Honest John's Used Dealerships. 1 Minute or 10 yards guarantee, whichever comes first.

27. JK83

JK83 Premium

I don't miss UCD since I don't like pokemon stuff what there comes with it.

Sonygamer455, Outeke and ZZ-II like this.
  28. ZZ-II

ZZ-II

Not a bad idea. But i would buy every car new.

29. Super Novi

Super Novi

The UCD was a mixed bag for me. It's almost like looting in a way. You win a bunch of races and in comes a varied set of cars for you to spend money on. Sure, it got annoying when I was trying to fish for a 2J (Holy DAMN that car is hard to find), but overall I really enjoyed it.

What? That doesn't even make any sort of sense. If anything, it's more like the vendors from Borderlands 1. There is mostly garbage in it, but there are a few gems floating around in there. The difference being is that the UCD partially refreshes with every race you do. It's like apples and oranges.

30. 6ranTur15m05

6ranTur15m05

No used cars I guess. Is this thread worth locking now?

OR4THO, ZZ-II and acedition333 like this.