GT6 Where are the used cars?

• Thread starter logicliker
  • 89 comments
United States
United States
This is one of my favorite aspects of the GT series. Buying used junkers and fixing them up/modding them to compete with the newer/more powerful cars.

I have the game, and I cannot find used car dealership anywhere. This is shocking to me, given that it has been a staple in the series for its 15 year history, and one of the really cool aspects that make the game unique compared to other racing games.

Anybody with the game, or who has followed the pre-release scene, can confirm that there are used cars somewhere in the game?

This is one of my favorite aspects of the GT series. Buying used junkers and fixing them up/modding them to compete with the newer/more powerful cars.

I have the game, and I cannot find used car dealership anywhere. This is shocking to me, given that it has been a staple in the series for its 15 year history, and one of the really cool aspects that make the game unique compared to other racing games.

Anybody with the game, or who has followed the pre-release scene, can confirm that there are used cars somewhere in the game?
Gt6 follows the GT3 formula in MANY aspects. They got rid of it because people complained about looking for a car..

They didn't have to get out-right rid of it, but I had a simple change to make it better:

A way of letting the dealership know what kind of car you were looking for.

Doing this would then increase your chance of finding it by a certain percent by how much money you paid the retailer in every in-game week.

I drew up a concept prototype for a computing subject at Uni.

They could easily have had the old random UCD alongside the new format. Buy the pristine car, or a slightly cheaper used one depending on whether or not it's available.

Exactly. What I was about to suggest, in fact. There's room on the Dealership tab thingy on the GT home screen underneath Recommended, why not add a UCD in there, that rotates older cars and not race cars.

I won't miss the UCD a bit.

1. It made me buy lots of cars I didn't really want and that I ended up never using, because "hey, some day I might want to use this car and this might be my only chance to get it". In the end I had 1700 cars in my garage.

2. No need to wait or cycle the dealership in order to get the cars (and in the colours) I do want.

I won't miss the UCD a bit.

1. It made me buy lots of cars I didn't really want and that I ended up never using, because "hey, some day I might want to use this car and this might be my only chance to get it". In the end I had 1700 cars in my garage.

2. No need to wait or cycle the dealership in order to get the cars (and in the colours) I do want.

Pretty much all this. Now I get to see how much I've driven out of all my cars since they all start at 0 miles.

No fussing with a UCD, tediously cycling through it is a big + for me!

I loved UCD. I guess it really depends on the way you're playing the game, but for me every visit went "OMG OMG OMG that's an awesome little thing and I want it for my garage". I really loved getting the rarest variant of the car, or just buying some old beater for fun. It's comparable to the loot mechanics of RPGs. Some people love it, some don't.

Anyway, they could've let UCD be and let people buy the cars they want to right away with a bit of a premium. Actually, now that I think of it, removal of UCD fits in a bit too nicely with the push for microtransactions. No more cheap cars for you, Valued Customer!

The UCD was a waste of time (I spent about 50 hours just cycling through the UCD just to collect all the cars) and I suspect existed solely because they didn't want us looking at the GT4 imported cars next to the premium ones, resulting in even more outcry.

Jerome

The UCD may have been a little frustrating in GT5 if you were looking to collect every car, but it helps so much in the beginning... cars could be 30% off which you could put towards tires, turbo, etc. It's a classic part of GT and i'll miss it. But I can definitely see why people don't mind it getting taken out.

I already got the game post-release and yes, unfourtunaly there is no used cars until now, I hope they fix this in the day 1 update.

I already got the game post-release and yes, unfourtunaly there is no used cars until now, I hope they fix this in the day 1 update.
True, I don't understand why that many people can't imagine having a UCD with used cars to lower prices toghether with a NCD with every car available as new to higher prices.

I wish it had one.

As long as every car is still available at all times, sure.

I'd prefer it without the used car dealership, because it will means you don't have to wait for ages to buy a car you really want such as a chapparal 2j or a nissan r390 like you did in gt5 even if you had enough money, in gt6 you can just go to the dealership and buy one, no waiting around or cycling through, therefore more time spent racing.

I had a love-hate relationship with the ucd. It improved when a patched introduced the car marker in the ucd for cars you already owned.

Ideally, mixing the all cars in the Dealerships of GT6 with the UCD of GT4 or 5 would keep everyone happy.

Want that car right now? Buy it new. Want to hunt for a bargain?

Come to Honest John's Used Dealerships. 1 Minute or 10 yards guarantee, whichever comes first.
Not a bad idea. But i would buy every car new.

The UCD was a mixed bag for me. It's almost like looting in a way. You win a bunch of races and in comes a varied set of cars for you to spend money on. Sure, it got annoying when I was trying to fish for a 2J (Holy DAMN that car is hard to find), but overall I really enjoyed it.

I don't miss UCD since I don't like pokemon stuff what there comes with it.
What? That doesn't even make any sort of sense. If anything, it's more like the vendors from Borderlands 1. There is mostly garbage in it, but there are a few gems floating around in there. The difference being is that the UCD partially refreshes with every race you do. It's like apples and oranges.

Back