GT6's >MISSING< Tracks Discussion [Re-Build in Progress]

Just discovered the thread a few mins ago (thanks to the FB notification)

Just read the whole thing, surprised the hidden SSRX layout (https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/ssrx-alternate-route-found-more.319561/) ain't mentioned anywhere. :P

Noticed there's a lot of leftovers about tracks (and even cars...) in the files, but haven't found any way to load them. (wanted to try the moon :|)

@con360 : If you own a CFW console (and i guess you do), you can eventually try the POC plugin to record. It works just fine on GT6.

Also, any chance you could share how you managed to load those tracks? :P (Even in PM, it would be appreciated :))

Last edited:
@Tuscan37 unfortunately you can't get to it legitimately. Even doing it a non-legitimate way is tricky.

@ToyGTone because me and a mate found it and have kept it quiet in fear of removal or to see if they would do anything with it, but unfortunately they did nothing with it :(, but I thought its been slow news-wise for GT recently so some discovery should be welcomed :)

Anyway, here is the promised footage.
I do apologize for the terrible phone on screen recording.

The Focus footage shows that the landing of the double ramp is a bit off, and as long as your body was above the top of the ramp the wheels would just go straight through.

@Jordan & @Terronium-12 , thought you two might find this interesting.

I'd ask you how to do it, but I can't here on GTP. Is there another way to reach you?

I'd ask you how to do it, but I can't here on GTP. Is there another way to reach you?
Unfortunately even then I'm not sure how, I know it sounds odd but it was a joint effort, my mate gave me the 'idea' and I just happened to find it.

I know it can be done with the non-legit stuff, that's how someone done AI races on the moon...

He did also have a video of a test area which he didn't actually name but is called "dynamic_sky_spa" with a green ball in the middle, a white square platform around it and a 24h day-to-night cycle. Unfortunately he seems to have removed it.

Unfortunately I don't know how to do it that way, but if you look up "GT6 moon AI" you'll find the bloke who did that.

As for pictures of either Moon racing or the Spa Sky test area, I can provide both if wanted at some point tomorrow.

Sorry for the lack of an answer, but that's as good as I am allowed to explain it anywhere :P

Unfortunately even then I'm not sure how, I know it sounds odd but it was a joint effort, my mate gave me the 'idea' and I just happened to find it.

I know it can be done with the non-legit stuff, that's how someone done AI races on the moon...

He did also have a video of a test area which he didn't actually name but is called "dynamic_sky_spa" with a green ball in the middle, a white square platform around it and a 24h day-to-night cycle. Unfortunately he seems to have removed it.

Unfortunately I don't know how to do it that way, but if you look up "GT6 moon AI" you'll find the bloke who did that.

As for pictures of either Moon racing or the Spa Sky test area, I can provide both if wanted at some point tomorrow.

Sorry for the lack of an answer, but that's as good as I am allowed to explain it anywhere :P
Wait what the heck. The GT6 moon thing is the weirdest thing possible for a racing game. Don't mind me, just driving 800hp NASCAR in near zero gravity. Don't mind me. Also, someone get Kaz to implement these features in GT6 right now. Kidnapping is a viable alternative.

One thing people seem to be forgetting is that Open Arena is in the game already in the form of some of the Coffee Break challenges. I've always thought that Open Arena Perimeter would've made for a good short oval track.

@con360 I'd be interested in seeing an onboard video of the Stunt Arena. Also, if you did a video with the HUD included it is possible to follow the car's arrow to trace a map of the track out. Unless the HUD already shows the track map, (I don't expect that it would) in which case a simple screen cap will do. For the tracing method the video would have to be at a 100% steady angle with the camera, ideally a capture card, but for more low budget, a tripod would do.

@The Vanishing Boy I'm a little surprised you don't have these in the OP already.

Road Course - Special Stage Route X.png

Attachments

• Matterhorn Unreleased.png
    369.4 KB · Views: 156
One thing people seem to be forgetting is that Open Arena is in the game already in the form of some of the Coffee Break challenges. I've always thought that Open Arena Perimeter would've made for a good short oval track.

@con360 I'd be interested in seeing an onboard video of the Stunt Arena. Also, if you did a video with the HUD included it is possible to follow the car's arrow to trace a map of the track out. Unless the HUD already shows the track map, (I don't expect that it would) in which case a simple screen cap will do. For the tracing method the video would have to be at a 100% steady angle with the camera, ideally a capture card, but for more low budget, a tripod would do.

@The Vanishing Boy I'm a little surprised you don't have these in the OP already.

I will be able to do that for you when I get back from work tonight. And I can do you one better ;)

I'll get them done for you :)

^ My apologies.

-> The reason why I wasn't able to update the OP is simply the newest format here in GTP prevents me to create/edit (extra) long posts. And if I do edit my OP, there is no guarantee that it will end up the way I would've intended to... :indiff:

Great find

Just read the whole thing, surprised the hidden SSRX layout (https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/ssrx-alternate-route-found-more.319561/) ain't mentioned anywhere. :P
What i meant earlier in the post :lol: By the way do not expect any of these tracks to be delivered.
As it was said in the older post about that secret route x track, maybe it's jst a scrapped idea. And the fact that the car resets INSIDE the ramp is a good example of why it never reached the release stage

What i meant earlier in the post :lol: By the way do not expect any of these tracks to be delivered.
As it was said in the older post about that secret route x track, maybe it's jst a scrapped idea. And the fact that the car resets INSIDE the ramp is a good example of why it never reached the release stage

Actually that's why i'd love to know how they managed to load those tracks. I guess it's a bit like the car hybriding, replacing one track hash with another, maybe more hashes if data is loaded separately.

Also i'm pretty sure that reset could be somehow patched...

@Tuscan37 unfortunately you can't get to it legitimately. Even doing it a non-legitimate way is tricky.

@ToyGTone because me and a mate found it and have kept it quiet in fear of removal or to see if they would do anything with it, but unfortunately they did nothing with it :(, but I thought its been slow news-wise for GT recently so some discovery should be welcomed :)

Anyway, here is the promised footage.
I do apologize for the terrible phone on screen recording.

The Focus footage shows that the landing of the double ramp is a bit off, and as long as your body was above the top of the ramp the wheels would just go straight through.

@Jordan & @Terronium-12 , thought you two might find this interesting.

I don't get it?! Will you or will you not tell us how to get this tracks? I don't want to see videos of people driving there, I want to have them.

Why is nobody asking, how to get them??? Please a step-by-step description! Thanks!

Actually that's why i'd love to know how they managed to load those tracks. I guess it's a bit like the car hybriding, replacing one track hash with another, maybe more hashes if data is loaded separately.

Also i'm pretty sure that reset could be somehow patched...

For CFW console, there is 3 ways to do this and 1 which works for OFW aswell.
  1. Modify save (which works for OFW aswell)
  2. Modify the specdb.
  3. Modify the menudb.dat
As for the save modding, it works just like it worked in GT5 except that the secret menu isn't visible anymore. All of the secret menu features are working (atleast all I've tested) but the menu itself is removed.

And well, modifying the actual gamedata works for OFW aswell but it takes alot of time to backup -> modify backup -> restore backup so I wouldn't do it that way for OFW console.

Back