GT7 and SimHub Tactile discussion

• Thread starter gti_sdn
  • 405 comments
Just pop in here every so often but do not have the time to commit to getting that involved.
What I will say is I am working on/off in free time with new effects based on some past efforts I shared in the group chat but further developing these with ACC on PC.

It could be possible with those, to have them adapted to work with GT7.

I wont say for certain but while I never got around to doing a thread in covering this approach in detail, (what I originally wanted to do) I still feel their is a good need in the community for a solution that is affordable with nice effects as still today the topic is one of many ideas and methods others use or recommend.

The newest Dayton BDS exciter has really impressed me in its performance.
Also as I linked in a thread over at RD forums, I shared a newish amp that is available that can offer 6 channels of amplification.
One other nice feature however is that you can easily with a switch on the amp have it output game audio into your transducers/exciters instead of say Simhub effects. So basically any games or music on it can be sent to your tactile and it has bass controls to maybe help somewhat with that.

See Here
But can you run a wireless headset and still get info sent to the shakers? Sony screwed up and deleted the optical port on the system because you used to be able to have game audio to your headset and a stereo if you wanted. Now you can’t. The headset knocks the audio right out.

But can you run a wireless headset and still get info sent to the shakers? Sony screwed up and deleted the optical port on the system because you used to be able to have game audio to your headset and a stereo if you wanted. Now you can’t. The headset knocks the audio right out.
I am aware of that, we can however perfectly copy emulate the EDID on the HDMI out including the Audio Return Function that modern TVs offer. See the options this company has.

Personally I used this specific product to let me use the ARC function with my monitor and Sonos soundbar. It is possible to use a device like this and then a HDMI duplicator if a 2nd output for image/sound is required This unit offers OPT and 2 channel headphone output might be of use to some?

It may be possible to use some form of BT headphones after that but I cant confirm if it would add any delay...

Oh and just for added info, I had previously used a different audio HDMI extractor but its older and did not offer these newer features, like HDR/120Hz/ARC etc

See this old thread.... Here

Last edited:
I am aware of that, we can however perfectly copy emulate the EDID on the HDMI out including the Audio Return Function that modern TVs offer. See the options this company has.

Personally I used this specific product to let me use the ARC function with my monitor and Sonos soundbar. It is possible to use a device like this and then a HDMI duplicator if a 2nd output for image/sound is required This unit offers OPT and 2 channel headphone output might be of use to some?

It may be possible to use some form of BT headphones after that but I cant confirm if it would add any delay...

Oh and just for added info, I had previously used a different audio HDMI extractor but its older and did not offer these newer features, like HDR/120Hz/ARC etc

See this old thread.... Here
I would use my pucks for other games if I could with the headset. I could go optical out from my tv when playing Skyrim and just use my surround sound stereo it’s got a lot of inputs and outputs. But i don’t play that one too much. Call of duty would be cool if SimHub had some thing that would detect grenades, gunfire and getting shot. But it’s not the end of the world if I can’t get it to work. Would have to cost nothin and be easy to switch for me to care to do it.

@Mr Latte , are you still accepting people to join the group chat for this project?

I've been following the thread for some time and really appreciate all the work you're doing to helping the community evolve with better diy haptic solutions. I just took the plunge to excite my seat as per yours with the DAEX32EP-4 and about to start messing around with the samples you posted here, once I'm done with my cable management. Can't wait to have this up and running!

I've done little testing so far with this setup, but does anyone have an issue with audio cutting out often, for like a hard second, when using road vibrations? I've only experienced it since applying the road vibration effect to the exciters setup, but have been using a buttkicker for the past year with other effects and never seemed to experience this before.

This is using one of the last samples posted on here so maybe it's not quite tuned to work perfectly yet or maybe it's just the telemetry specific to road vibrations, which I'm not familiar with, having opted for rpm and accel in the past.

Also, I'm on wifi atm, but I generally don't have wifi problems and I do have to get a longer ethernet to rule this out.

Hi anyone have any decent settings for hf8 connected via simhub. I am also using logitech pro wheel.
I saw this recently, DDF Racer on YouTube reviewed this and posted his profile in the description. Probably worth checking out, although I believe he optimized it for Automobilista 2, you should be able to get it dialed in for GT7 too.

DDFs HF8 Review

If you’re running just one. Decide what effect is most important to you. Dial that in until you’re happy. And then try adding just one more effect and go from there. Think of using extra effects that wouldn’t normally happen at the same time as your main one. You can also use the prioritize setting which essentially cuts other effects out so the one you want to feel can be felt.

So I spent a bit more time on another set of multilayer effects for "Road Vibrations"

These can be combined into a specific unit or potentially split for different transducers.
This set should offer a good arrangement of frequencies for excellent punch in felt Response including a Tonal element offering more body to the effect. The idea of representing a rumbling sound underneath the chassis.

This (if using the recommended exciters) will boost the perceived bass sensation...

Any Feedback welcomed

Btw, I recommend wearing headphones with tactile as this will help to better encapsulate the audio of the game and reduce any potential slight annoyances in sounds generated by various transducers. It's an immersion breaker for me if I don't have headphones or speakers loud enough.

*Tones that the Exciters (EXC) generate will help turn your seat into a speaker, rather than the exciters themselves acting like speakers, you hear the audible bass sounds emitting from the seat.

Will add additional effects like Speed Steering and Gear soon.
Hi, i was wondering if you could give me your opinion on some setup questions i have.

i have a playseat challenge and planning on adding some taptic now my idea is to add a nobsound 2 channel , cannot find something similar with more channels that has USB to make life easier, and then add a dayton TT25 to the brake pedal with a 3d printed mount and then add a dayton bst-1 somewhere onto the frame, still not sure... but another idea was to add 2 x BST-2 to the frame (yes i know the nobsound is 2 channel but was thinking of just connecting 2 of them to one of the terminals and hoping it'll have enough power as they aren't going to be on 100%) now while i was going through amazon i came across these ( Dayton DAEX25 ) and thought as they seem to be much less powerfull i could maybe "stick" 4 of them onto the seat, coming from 1 terminal off the nobsound.. thoughts? really appreciate it!

Last edited:
I've downloaded the few files that Mr. Latte graciously posted on this thread. I'm very new to this and have a front and rear bst-1 setup but I have an additional 4 of the tt-25's that I'm most likely going to add. I've been experimenting with the different effects, but I wanted see if anyone else is willing to share their effect files? I'm particularly interested in the Hz setting people are using for particular effects to create separation or when it is best to combine effects. Mr. Latte posted files for gear shift and road texture (which are awesome) from what I can find. Does anyone have files for things like acceleration/deceleration, speed and rpms?

Back