GT7 and SimHub Tactile discussion

• Thread starter gti_sdn
  • 61 comments

Mr Latte

Premium
United Kingdom
N Ireland
I’m using road vibration, not road rumble. Curbs and other road texture come through how I expect they would. Just weird the road joins at Tokyo don’t.
Not all surfaces/objects generate telemetry and some effects operate, via our steering/driving also which may determine the control of the car, via the (in-game physics) regards the movements of the car, which in the case of suspension would generate altering telemetry values based on the steering inputs we make and not just surface dips/bumps alone.

Bumps etc should be one of the strongest sensations we feel, but it's fair to say that a lot of people using tactile have a stronger response to "Gear Change" than they feel from suspension and on/off-road activity. Stereo bumps are quite engrossing and satisfying to the immersion when we achieve good results.

As we do not have RR I devised a set of RT effects that give a nice "surface contact/road noise" sensation representing the tyres and under the car's chassis. This effect alters tone based on speed too, but it perhaps compliments (with controlled volumes) the GT7 road/wind noise we hear.

Note:
*I've not studied yet using visual analysis tools I have if different cars/different tyre combos, have much in variations to the generated telemetry values based on settings we may apply for calibration/sensitivity of the RV effect.

I can however confirm and will help make the example you highlighted, create a nice response with RV for the Tokyo road joins.
This will help with what you feel in crash/contact scenarios also.:)

"Impacts" can be a mixed bag in their operation, will look into them on GT7 soon.

Another option is to have specific transducers using "Game Audio" but I have a solution, which I have installed and confirmed to work, that will be shared in the guide. It's an additional (reasonably priced) hardware option that lets people send or mix "Game Audio Tactile" on its own or to have it also mixed with "Simhub Telemetry Tactile" operating from 1 up to 12 channels.

All part of my own experimentation with things I wanted my own rig/build to have.

Last edited:
United States
United States
5zero4
Not all surfaces/objects generate telemetry and some effects operate, via our steering/driving also which may determine the control of the car, via the (in-game physics) regards the movements of the car, which in the case of suspension would generate altering telemetry values based on the steering inputs we make and not just surface dips/bumps alone.

Bumps etc should be one of the strongest sensations we feel, but it's fair to say that a lot of people using tactile have a stronger response to "Gear Change" than they feel from suspension and on/off-road activity. Stereo bumps are quite engrossing and satisfying to the immersion when we achieve good results.

As we do not have RR I devised a set of RT effects that give a nice "surface contact/road noise" sensation representing the tyres and under the car's chassis. This effect alters tone based on speed too, but it perhaps compliments (with controlled volumes) the GT7 road/wind noise we hear.

Note:
*I've not studied yet using visual analysis tools I have if different cars/different tyre combos, have much in variations to the generated telemetry values based on settings we may apply for calibration/sensitivity of the RV effect.

I can however confirm and will help make the example you highlighted, create a nice response with RV for the Tokyo road joins.
This will help with what you feel in crash/contact scenarios also.:)

"Impacts" can be a mixed bag in their operation, will look into them on GT7 soon.

Another option is to have specific transducers using "Game Audio" but I have a solution, which I have installed and confirmed to work, that will be shared in the guide. It's an additional (reasonably priced) hardware option that lets people send or mix "Game Audio Tactile" on its own or to have it also mixed with "Simhub Telemetry Tactile" operating from 1 up to 12 channels.

All part of my own experimentation with things I wanted my own rig/build to have.
Awesome thanks!