GT7 Daily Race Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter Pigems
  • 52,480 comments
  • 4,891,989 views
I got punted off in all my races today and dropped to A rank. Such is life when you quali in the bottom 1/4. Not fun tbh especially now its the Hyundai cup. Think I'll stick to the weekly challenges
 
Last edited by a moderator:
So much for repairing my SR. Taking the F40 around daily A was interesting. Started Pole and got hit from behind lap one and ended up at the back. Worked my way up to fourth just before the last corners and hit a barrier and got a penalty and ended up 6th. My SR took a beating.
 
Snuck into the 56’s in race B, plops me just inside the top 100 times. Yes I know it’s Monday, yes I know there’s probably only 150 people done the race, yes I know in the time it took to write this I’ve probably dropped out of the top 100 😂😂😂, but it’s the first time I’ve been in the top 100 so I’m happy 😂😂😂

Having 3 viable cars actually makes the racing quite interesting here! I’m in the M6 so getting round the corners better but the genesis eats me alive in the straights, even with the slip it’s pulling away and you very nearly get caught at the start by T1.
 
What’s the point of being pole and getting to turn 1 in 1st when those beahind just smash you into last?

Race A is complete carnage. I saw one person with 16s of penalties!!!
 
Last edited:
Is it me or did the SR get a lot harsher lately? Last week, I got dropped all the way back to B for a spell after some rough and rowdy Race As in the Mach 1. It’s already back to S now but it caught me off guard how quickly it dropped in like 5 races from S to B.

I also really enjoy getting clobbered by another player and yet getting assessed a drop to my own SR.
 
Is it me or did the SR get a lot harsher lately? Last week, I got dropped all the way back to B for a spell after some rough and rowdy Race As in the Mach 1. It’s already back to S now but it caught me off guard how quickly it dropped in like 5 races from S to B.

I also really enjoy getting clobbered by another player and yet getting assessed a drop to my own SR.
Losing SR is a lot quicker than gaining it.

One of the joyous moves I’ve experienced today is being punted in the rear, that then forced me into the back of that car in front of me causing a penalty to me and impact to my SR.

Thanks person behind.

It seems like most people today are jumping on, having forgotten what a brake pedal is.
 
Snuck into the 56’s in race B, plops me just inside the top 100 times. Yes I know it’s Monday, yes I know there’s probably only 150 people done the race, yes I know in the time it took to write this I’ve probably dropped out of the top 100 😂😂😂, but it’s the first time I’ve been in the top 100 so I’m happy 😂😂😂

Having 3 viable cars actually makes the racing quite interesting here! I’m in the M6 so getting round the corners better but the genesis eats me alive in the straights, even with the slip it’s pulling away and you very nearly get caught at the start by T1.
Wow. Isn't the M6 powered by a turbocharged V8 whereas the Hyundai just has a naturally aspirated V6, yet the latter is somehow faster now? I remember when the Lexus RC F GT3 was a speed demon despite only being naturally aspirated.
 
I was only part listening to him so not sure if he said that during the replays of the race but when it was just him talking At the end I thought he said unless PD do something about it then it’s going to devolve into everyone Punting? Not that he was encouraging it? I could be wrong 🤷‍♂️


Starting with that is the same as someone having Senna in their username!! You know you’re not on for a good day!



On a different note, the plus side of having LM reverse every other week is it only takes a few laps to get up to speed as you’ve still got the muscle memory stored 😂

Knocking on the door of a 56 and think a 56.7ish could be doable if I grind a bit
I've got a list of names, flags, and paint schemes to plan for when they show up. Senna tops that list for names. Red Bull tops the list for paint.
 
SIE's choice. They can enforce the community standards (being a dick in the comments) but they have no way to enforce driving standards, probably because their human moderation team is not sufficiently familiar with the subject matter to make proper calls (and it's not entirely objective, which is what they deal with: did the player do the thing, did the thing break our rules; if "yes" to both, take [prescribed] action) and the potential volume of reports (because [almost] everyone feels aggrieved at [almost] every form of contact in a race) is wildly untenable.

PD would be more expert in judging the nuances, but they'd need twice the staff they have just to deal with the reports and in any case community moderation (and communication, and external comms) is all under SIE.


As an aside, boo to that video. Even ignoring the fact it gives them the attention that they want, that's not what "toxic" behaviour is.

"Toxicity" is the property of poisoning an entity as a whole - although that entity could range from a cell (wherein it's usually specifically termed "cell toxicity") to an entire organism. "Toxic" behaviour is bad behaviour which not only affects on a small scale but spreads to the whole entity such that all, or almost all, interactions are conducted similarly.

The guy proposing mass retaliation on these guys? That's more like toxicity, because it's the start of a behaviour wherein you hit them for them hitting you but it's okay because they're bad guys, then someone else hits you but that makes them a bad guy too so it's okay. Then someone else, then someone else, and pretty soon you're looking for bad guys to take revenge on, and every contact is an excuse for retaliation - even though about 95% of contact is light and largely meaningless and/or latency - and you don't even see it for what it is.

If you're encouraging that, you're encouraging toxic behaviour - which is, of course, toxic behaviour too.

I get that it's a super-cool buzzword to stick on videos, and that this is far from the only example of it, but it's nonsense: they're not toxic, they're ****s.

And they are, at that.


Aaaanyway, Race A this week seems to have all of the penalties for the next month sewn up, so we can look forward to the usual nothing pretty soon.
Being a prick and having petulance as a behavior is always something regardless of game or format.

At some point the game just can’t defend against it, even with the best intentions and to be fair the game draws its line with we hooe
You are better than ragey.
 
THe top 1500 times on RBR are the Elantra. Literally not one other car... all Elantras. It's even more than 1500 but I quit looking. Ridiculous.
 
Back