GT7 Daily Race Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter Pigems
  • 52,542 comments
  • 4,912,788 views
So my psn ban ends tomorrow morning so I’ll be back to my main account and I’m really interested to see the difference between the Americas lobbies and the European, at RBR, there’s been some times this week when I thought, 😬 I’m getting a punt for that, and not me being overly aggressive but two wide into corners where the other guy got a bit barged, but no, no immature drivers at all have crossed my path, I may even come back! 😂
Amateur! I’ve still got a full 3 weeks left on my ban 😂😂😂

Good to hear you’ve had a class week racing! Get you a cowboy hat and pickup truck and stay in the USA servers!

I’ve been in top split all night tonight and it’s been class! Super clean, close racing with some of the games best, and even beat digit in one of them (think it was his first race as the next race he sate a quali time 6 tenths faster than me 😂).

First 6 races started top 5 on the grid and finished in the podium in all of them and then the bat signal went out and all the fast buggers turned up!!!! Look at the state of this lobby, my quali is 200th in the world and I can’t even start in the top 10 😂😂😂 finished 9th and picked up 200 DR 😂😂
 

Attachments

  • IMG_6681.webp
    IMG_6681.webp
    255 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
The BMW is way more stable? I found the BRZ really twitchy but the M6 turns great and is really planted
My experience is the complete opposite! I find the BRZ carves through the corners (especially the downhill esses sections) whereas the BMW I have to lift and/or feather the throttle in some way on the first downhill section because it can't carve as hard.

I like the BMW better on corner exit and yes it pulls harder down the straights but corner entry and on the way through I feel more secure in the BRZ
 
My experience is the complete opposite! I find the BRZ carves through the corners (especially the downhill esses sections) whereas the BMW I have to lift and/or feather the throttle in some way on the first downhill section because it can't carve as hard.

I like the BMW better on corner exit and yes it pulls harder down the straights but corner entry and on the way through I feel more secure in the BRZ
That’s interesting, I kept losing the back of the BRZ on Banky buoy (spelling 🤷‍♂️). Where as I can just floor the M6. Interesting different styles getting different results
 
Amateur! I’ve still got a full 3 weeks left on my ban 😂😂😂

Good to hear you’ve had a class week racing! Get you a cowboy hat and pickup truck and stay in the USA servers!

I’ve been in top split all night tonight and it’s been class! Super clean, close racing with some of the games best, and even beat digit in one of them (think it was his first race as the next race he sate a quali time 6 tenths faster than me 😂).

First 6 races started top 5 on the grid and finished in the podium in all of them and then the bat signal went out and all the fast buggers turned up!!!! Look at the state of this lobby, my quali is 200th in the world and I can’t even start in the top 10 😂😂😂 finished 9th and picked up 200 DR 😂😂
Mate that’s just crazy! You’ve come an awful long way since I came across you in the Citroen gr4 race at blue moon infield track where you were just arguing with everyone 😂😂😂😂

3 weeks left eh? I guess not much changes! 🤣

But seriously, you are there slugging it out with GT royalty! Hats off!

👊
 
Mate that’s just crazy! You’ve come an awful long way since I came across you in the Citroen gr4 race at blue moon infield track where you were just arguing with everyone 😂😂😂😂

3 weeks left eh? I guess not much changes! 🤣

But seriously, you are there slugging it out with GT royalty! Hats off!

👊
Yeah the driving has come along way, emotional maturity and control needs a bit of work 😂😂 I have the chat function turned off now mostly just to save any issues as it really does boil my blood when someone deliberately ruins a race!

Ah I have fond memories of blue bay in the Citroen, think that was the first time I ever reached B rank and my first top 2,000 quali time! That week was loads of fun! Shame they haven’t done it in reverse again.

Has been fun to race and hold my own this week, but very aware it’s a one off just because the track and the car are a perfect combo for me
 
Last edited:
Whats everyones best QT for race C? I'm having more fun hotlapping than the actual race. Got it down to a 1:34.368 which puts me around 850th in the world, which isn't particularly impressive. Studied a few replays from the top guys and I can't figure out where I'm losing time. Doesnt help that the replay doesn't let you see their brake balance either. I wonder if they're adjusting it on the fly depending on the corner. Turn 2 for example probably best off with -5, turn 3 neutral, turns 4 and 5 +5
 
Whats everyones best QT for race C? I'm having more fun hotlapping than the actual race. Got it down to a 1:34.368 which puts me around 850th in the world, which isn't particularly impressive. Studied a few replays from the top guys and I can't figure out where I'm losing time. Doesnt help that the replay doesn't let you see their brake balance either. I wonder if they're adjusting it on the fly depending on the corner. Turn 2 for example probably best off with -5, turn 3 neutral, turns 4 and 5 +5
I’ve never seen anyone adjust the BB on the fly before hence watching any of the live streams.

95% of the time the fast guys have +5 BB in qualifying and they may play about with this in the race to save on tyres.

For me I found T1 held a lot of time unless you can aggressively get over the inside bumper and then get as wide as possible on the exit without a penalty and then carrying enough speed and using all the track on last two turns seems to be some big time saves
 
I’ve never seen anyone adjust the BB on the fly before hence watching any of the live streams.

95% of the time the fast guys have +5 BB in qualifying and they may play about with this in the race to save on tyres.

For me I found T1 held a lot of time unless you can aggressively get over the inside bumper and then get as wide as possible on the exit without a penalty and then carrying enough speed and using all the track on last two turns seems to be some big time saves
+5 regardless of car? I've mainly been using SammySnakes ghost. T1 I can keep up, T2 he can get about a car length ahead of me, its T3, 4 and 5 where he gets ahead. Watching his replay he doesn't seem to trailbrake much, instead he brakes 100%, downshifts at the same time, coasts into the apex them goes full throttle on corner exit, on basically every corner. He never uses 1st gear either to help slow himself down. Some corners I think I'm going to run wide so I do 75% throttle but I suppose you just have to brave it and use every mm of track width to get a time like that
 
+5 regardless of car? I've mainly been using SammySnakes ghost. T1 I can keep up, T2 he can get about a car length ahead of me, its T3, 4 and 5 where he gets ahead. Watching his replay he doesn't seem to trailbrake much, instead he brakes 100%, downshifts at the same time, coasts into the apex them goes full throttle on corner exit, on basically every corner. He never uses 1st gear either to help slow himself down. Some corners I think I'm going to run wide so I do 75% throttle but I suppose you just have to brave it and use every mm of track width to get a time like that
Yeah it seems to be regardless of car, if you watch Tidgneys guides I dont think I’ve ever seen one in the 9 months I’ve been racing where he has not said BB +5, I think they prefer the rotation and will just handle the instability.

Yeah that section of 3 turns is tricky, it’s all about carrying the speed through them all, like a little dance almost rather then hard breaking and turning
 
Mate that’s just crazy! You’ve come an awful long way since I came across you in the Citroen gr4 race at blue moon infield track where you were just arguing with everyone 😂😂😂😂

3 weeks left eh? I guess not much changes! 🤣

But seriously, you are there slugging it out with GT royalty! Hats off!

👊
What did you get banned for? Sorry that happened.
 


My final time for this combo, middle sector had some mistakes, but it ended really well, and then the final sector was clinically perfect. 1.71 tenths lead over Sammy Snake.
 


My final time for this combo, middle sector had some mistakes, but it ended really well, and then the final sector was clinically perfect. 1.71 tenths lead over Sammy Snake.

Is that you, holl01?
 
Back