GT7 Daily Race Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter Pigems
  • 52,589 comments
  • 4,945,508 views
I had wondered in the past how some people were getting good quali laps going way wide there and thought it might have been lag or something, that's most likely the explanation.

Edit: oh no @Stringerbell sorry to hear that mate, that sucks. Spec 4 will be a great update if they fix this.
 
Last edited:
I didn't race yesterday beyond improving my QT but this was my best Race A from the start of the week. It goes to show that Race A can be awesome. :D



BTW, I learned from watching the leaders that the quickest way to slow for the hairpin is to brush the wall before the turn. Don't hit it too hard or you'll get a penalty but just enough to save a few meters of braking.
 
Last edited:
I had wondered in the past how some people were getting good quali laps going way wide there and thought it might have been lag or something, that's most likely the explanation.

Edit: oh no @Stringerbell sorry to hear that mate, that sucks. Spec 4 will be a great update if they fix this.
Yesh hopefully! Can’t fix my stupidity though unless I get a spec 4 for the brain 😂

Absently mindedly clicked enter with car I own instead of rent a car and only realised when I started the race that the sound for the Porsche is way higher pitched 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Dropped from 5th to 11th, the Porsche is shocking round there post update
 

Attachments

  • IMG_6714.webp
    IMG_6714.webp
    195.9 KB · Views: 1
Sammysnake has made an interesting YouTube video about T1 at RB ring.
I recall this being a conversation point sometime ago and I apologise if this has been shown before as I’ve been away for 2 weeks.
If not enjoy and perhaps employ in your next RB ring race.


That’s nuts mate, thanks for uploading because I’ve been chasing that ghost and thinking how the hell is he going so wide and getting away with it, I thought it was some bouncing off the previous apex, shows you how much these guys study this stuff,

Might well hone in on this and hopefully it’ll give me the tenth and a half I need to get into the 1.34s

@TheNormsk another great vid mate, the commentary really makes it, I wish I was into A but it will pass me by this week, looks like so much fun though
 
Last edited:
Had my first race on my main account back today, and managed a better time than alt, so 1.35.1xx at Redbullring,

Forgot to put on mediums after quali so had to start on softs and was surprised I managed 8 laps on them, started p7 finished p3 and if it wasn’t for a pen for the guy behind me, for sure would have been p4 so that’s decent,

And my main is now officially the highest dr rank of my 3 now with 25k odd, but another good clean race tbh

I’m looking forward to some racing weekend on C tbf
C is completely one make of course, but the tyre wear makes it interesting at least. No wins for me, but a few 3rds to 6ths. Gaining a lot pitting early for softs but then have to try and avoid any penalties while pushing. The softs are still decent even at about 80% worn.
Enjoying B, but a couple of extra laps wouldn't have hurt 🙄
 
I didn't race yesterday beyond improving my QT but this was my best Race A from the start of the week. It goes to show that Race A can be awesome. :D



BTW, I learned from watching the leaders that the quickest way to slow for the hairpin is to brush the wall before the turn. Don't hit it too hard or you'll get a penalty but just enough to save a few meters of braking.

Lovely to see Race A getting some love on YT! Great race too, Like deployed
 
Last edited:
Bit annoyed, was on Tokyo, was happily mixing with A and A+ drivers who some were a bit dirty but was having a tussle for first, only for someone to just aim for me at the final hairpin at full throttle. Gives me engine damage, finally got the car back, aim for a top five instead.

Unexpected error.

Ffs.

Edit: now with audiovisual evidence:



Also my driving isn't great this week because I have the lurgy.


Race does not compute! LOL
 
Sammysnake has made an interesting YouTube video about T1 at RB ring.
I recall this being a conversation point sometime ago and I apologise if this has been shown before as I’ve been away for 2 weeks.
If not enjoy and perhaps employ in your next RB ring race.


He doesn't normally share his ghost, but he did this week so I've been using it. Best time I could get so far:
1a0f7da450074-screenshotUrl.webp



Which puts me in the top 5 in some A level lobbies which gets me a podium finish most of the time:
1a0fb9eb82b64-screenshotUrl.webp


However as soon as I win a couple of them, it puts me in a more competitive lobby and, well, this is my starting position:
1a0f7da389065-screenshotUrl (1).webp



In fairness I'm probably right where I belong. A couple of races short of an A+ rating, but not quite skilled enough to be there. The best I've done so far when starting at P13-P15 has been a 9th place finish, which is just a bit too low down the grid to raise my DR.
 
Had a very odd occurrence last night. Started the evening with a terrible race C, hit the limiter on the start line and was smothered, losing 7 places in lap one. That’s what I get for faffing around instead of practicing before a race! Went downhill from there as well.
Next race, I think the almighty PD/GT7 AI took pity and gave me a gift. Pole position in race B with a mediocre 57.9, and P2 over a second behind (all B). I couldn’t believe it, having started mid pack at best prior to that this week, albeit with a slightly worse time. Felt sure I’d blow it and was under some pressure until the first banky boy, then just drove away, getting my first three-star win for ages, by over six seconds.
IMG_4620.webp
 
Had a very odd occurrence last night. Started the evening with a terrible race C, hit the limiter on the start line and was smothered, losing 7 places in lap one. That’s what I get for faffing around instead of practicing before a race! Went downhill from there as well.
Next race, I think the almighty PD/GT7 AI took pity and gave me a gift. Pole position in race B with a mediocre 57.9, and P2 over a second behind (all B). I couldn’t believe it, having started mid pack at best prior to that this week, albeit with a slightly worse time. Felt sure I’d blow it and was under some pressure until the first banky boy, then just drove away, getting my first three-star win for ages, by over six seconds. View attachment 1568593
Nice mate! Always good to get the w 💪💪💪💪
 
I've been in the process of acclimatizing myself to the wheel since 10th of last month. Slowly but surely getting there.

Even though my DR has fallen to low B, I still manage to scrape a few top 5's. Today I was able to win one race in Race C which upped my confidence level to some degree. I was 7th by lap 5 (having started in 5th). I was letting a player pass if I got my braking or turning wrong as I don't like ruining anyone's race.

I pitted on lap 5 for RS & because the others in front were tussling with each other & at least pitted on lap 6 or 7, I was able to undercut them to claim a victory.

P.S. - Finding the Elantra hard just because it's a FF. Trail braking with smooth steering inputs is the key which I'm still learning bit by bit.

20261002_175426.webp
 
I've been in the process of acclimatizing myself to the wheel since 10th of last month. Slowly but surely getting there.

Even though my DR has fallen to low B, I still manage to scrape a few top 5's. Today I was able to win one race in Race C which upped my confidence level to some degree. I was 7th by lap 5 (having started in 5th). I was letting a player pass if I got my braking or turning wrong as I don't like ruining anyone's race.

I pitted on lap 5 for RS & because the others in front were tussling with each other & at least pitted on lap 6 or 7, I was able to undercut them to claim a victory.

P.S. - Finding the Elantra hard just because it's a FF. Trail braking with smooth steering inputs is the key which I'm still learning bit by bit.

View attachment 1568667
Even if you’re slower. Are you finding the wheel more enjoyable to drive with?
 
Even if you’re slower. Are you finding the wheel more enjoyable to drive with?
Yes Mate. In the very first days, felt frustrated already. Just to get some peace of mind would play a few races with controller. My biggest issue was playing with the FFB Torque & Sensitivity settings. Had to find a sweet spot between the two. Even with pedals was scratching my head at first to set minimum pressure to set the deadzone. Considering the G29 has very little to offer (2Nm), it's still quite a transition from the controller.

Still need to smoothen my trail braking which is the biggest step in achieving a competitive time (TT). My fastest time (TT) at Red Bull Ring I set today in evening to a modest 1:34:8xx.
 
Yes Mate. In the very first days, felt frustrated already. Just to get some peace of mind would play a few races with controller. My biggest issue was playing with the FFB Torque & Sensitivity settings. Had to find a sweet spot between the two. Even with pedals was scratching my head at first to set minimum pressure to set the deadzone. Considering the G29 has very little to offer (2Nm), it's still quite a transition from the controller.

Still need to smoothen my trail braking which is the biggest step in achieving a competitive time (TT). My fastest time (TT) at Red Bull Ring I set today in evening to a modest 1:34:8xx.
That’s a very good lap time at RBR mate, I’d be well chuffed if I could get to that 😁
 
Yes Mate. In the very first days, felt frustrated already. Just to get some peace of mind would play a few races with controller. My biggest issue was playing with the FFB Torque & Sensitivity settings. Had to find a sweet spot between the two. Even with pedals was scratching my head at first to set minimum pressure to set the deadzone. Considering the G29 has very little to offer (2Nm), it's still quite a transition from the controller.

Still need to smoothen my trail braking which is the biggest step in achieving a competitive time (TT). My fastest time (TT) at Red Bull Ring I set today in evening to a modest 1:34:8xx.
Glad you’re still finding it fun mate.

The pace will come, you still have all that knowledge of racing line etc… just translating it from the fingers to the feet and hands will take a little bit of time 💪🙌💪🙌
 
Been a decent week this week at LM Reverse, first week where I’ve been consistently in top split each night. Been intense and fun.

Jumped on this morning for a couple of races and just snuck into A+. Pretty sure the + won’t last much into next week but was a good feeling all the same 💪
 

Attachments

  • IMG_6733.webp
    IMG_6733.webp
    163.1 KB · Views: 1
Been a decent week this week at LM Reverse, first week where I’ve been consistently in top split each night. Been intense and fun.

Jumped on this morning for a couple of races and just snuck into A+. Pretty sure the + won’t last much into next week but was a good feeling all the same 💪
Wow mate, that’s decent

I do love a combo where you can just watch DR rise and rise! I hope you can crack on in A+ and stay there, keep us upto date!
 
Been a decent week this week at LM Reverse, first week where I’ve been consistently in top split each night. Been intense and fun.

Jumped on this morning for a couple of races and just snuck into A+. Pretty sure the + won’t last much into next week but was a good feeling all the same 💪
Congratulations Mate.

The main reason I'm playing LM reverse more is for the 1000% reward. This is a welcome sight for my alt a/c where I need to feed in more Cr. as I can buy more cars to take part in the dailies.

In the evening, I took part in 3 Race C's which were mainly DR A & B player grids. Each race of mine was ruined because of multi car pileups ahead of me. So if I would brake more than required to try escaping the chaos, someone from behind or either side would hit into me. Sheesh.....in a long race I can't understand why players get aggressive with each other even for a position outside top 10.

Race B's have been unbelievably clean & sober. Much respect & space is given there. I come across most of these players in dailies that include myself week in week out. This time, it's the shorter race that is more sane than the longer one.

P.S. - I wonder if most stay on their best behavior in Race B because a CRB gives an astounding amount of credits because of the 1000% reward......?
 
Been a decent week this week at LM Reverse, first week where I’ve been consistently in top split each night. Been intense and fun.

Jumped on this morning for a couple of races and just snuck into A+. Pretty sure the + won’t last much into next week but was a good feeling all the same 💪
Well done 👍👍
I get the occasional entry to A+ but it's hard to keep it there when the combos don't suit me.
 
Wow mate, that’s decent

I do love a combo where you can just watch DR rise and rise! I hope you can crack on in A+ and stay there, keep us upto date!
Yeah it’s nice when it all comes together, although the week has been stressful as grinding the DR and pushing to get to a number makes every bit of dirty driving that has you finish last hurt even more and boil the blood that little bit hotter!!!!! I’ve managed to avoid getting banned though!😂😂 think I may stretch it a week or two up here but I think mid/high A is where I will settle.
Congratulations Mate.

The main reason I'm playing LM reverse more is for the 1000% reward. This is a welcome sight for my alt a/c where I need to feed in more Cr. as I can buy more cars to take part in the dailies.

In the evening, I took part in 3 Race C's which were mainly DR A & B player grids. Each race of mine was ruined because of multi car pileups ahead of me. So if I would brake more than required to try escaping the chaos, someone from behind or either side would hit into me. Sheesh.....in a long race I can't understand why players get aggressive with each other even for a position outside top 10.

Race B's have been unbelievably clean & sober. Much respect & space is given there. I come across most of these players in dailies that include myself week in week out. This time, it's the shorter race that is more sane than the longer one.

P.S. - I wonder if most stay on their best behavior in Race B because a CRB gives an astounding amount of credits because of the 1000% reward......?
Yeah I’ve found race B surprisingly clean this week as well which has been really enjoyable!
Well done 👍👍
I get the occasional entry to A+ but it's hard to keep it there when the combos don't suit me.
Thanks mate.

Yeah I don’t envisage being in here long term, the consistency these lads have to be top 500 quali week in week out is beyond me.

It was nice to tick it off and now can just race and not worry too much about DR anymore now the box is ticked.

Although I must say the novelty of seeing A+ next to my name in the lobbies does make me quite happy at the moment 😂 (as sad as that is 🤦‍♂️). If it lasts until the 22nd of Oct when my ban is up then I’ll leave the alt in A+ and get back on my main account
 
Last edited:
My Hyundai oil level dropped down to 'normal', and had lost 1bhp down to 349. Oil change brought it back to 350. I wonder if that would make any difference in a race. I'll wash it, oil change and restore rigidity every couple hundred miles now on. Probably a waste of money though
 
My Hyundai oil level dropped down to 'normal', and had lost 1bhp down to 349. Oil change brought it back to 350. I wonder if that would make any difference in a race. I'll wash it, oil change and restore rigidity every couple hundred miles now on. Probably a waste of money though
Definitely makes no difference in the daily races - my Gr3 458s have bad oil and worn engines and perform the same as a fresh, rented car..
 
Definitely makes no difference in the daily races - my Gr3 458s have bad oil and worn engines and perform the same as a fresh, rented car..
Have you done a simple straight line pull to a reference point on the track, then repeated with a rented car?
I've heard in single player if you neglect the oil for thousands of miles the engine will eventually fail. Not sure if that's true though
 
Have you done a simple straight line pull to a reference point on the track, then repeated with a rented car?
I've heard in single player if you neglect the oil for thousands of miles the engine will eventually fail. Not sure if that's true though
No, never tried any direct comparisons - I'm sure in single player it would make a difference though, but in the daily race events the wear must not be included
 
Have you done a simple straight line pull to a reference point on the track, then repeated with a rented car?
I've heard in single player if you neglect the oil for thousands of miles the engine will eventually fail. Not sure if that's true though
The daily races have bop so they make all the cars the same, which includes changing oil etc… so nothing can affect you in the race.


I did see a streamer say changing the oil does affect quali but I don’t know how well tested that opinion
 
The daily races have bop so they make all the cars the same, which includes changing oil etc… so nothing can affect you in the race.


I did see a streamer say changing the oil does affect quali but I don’t know how well tested that opinion
The BoP may be the same and negate power loss from bad oil etc but not sure if that would apply to body rigidity unless the game treats your own car exactly the same as a rented car and restores it back to 'as new'. With a higher mileage engine as well, the way the power is delivered could change even if the BHP doesn't. May not matter or it may make a small difference, but in high A/A+ lobbies where the difference between P1 and P16 is 3/10ths in QT's it soon adds up. Sweat levels intensifying
 
Back