GT7 Daily Race Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter Pigems
  • 52,634 comments
  • 4,948,209 views
Thanks. I'll think about it.

Is it really safe to say I'll never ever get top 100 at any point in the future as a controller user? Maybe that assertion can be challenged.
We've had 229 time trials so far and I've been in the top 100 136 times so far, that's roughly 60% of the time. Always been on controller. Just to assert that it's very much possible. Personal best of P11.
 
Me too. What was fun was variety. Now the only variety is the livery used.
I might try the Mazda3/Scirocco/RCZ/STi later (they can always be a surprise)
Yeah. I tried a variety of cars myself today such as Audi TT, SLS AMG & C7. Forgot to try the G70 & GT by Citroen which were meta gods at one point of time. I used to enjoy Gr.4 more than Gr.3 but because of Elantrization, I barely touch Gr.4 races now. Even though Kyoto is a fun track, it tends to get boring if not driving Elantra myself otherwise will be languishing right at the back & alone.

Daytona is fun. Waiting for TyrannoCyrusRex's antimeta to see which car he'll suggest. The Jag is meta followed by Suzuki.
 
Had 4 races in the Elantra Cup, although somebody did manage a valiant P2 in the Audi TT in one of them!

QTs were very close, but the races were very similar, and strangely spread out. I started P5 in the first three races, which quickly became P4 each time as P3 got taken out, or took themselves out - first three were then 5 seconds ahead at the end, P5 was a long way behind me.

These results put me up to DR B, and I started the next race P8, finished P6 - it was a much more messy race than the first three had been! There was a Viper and a Toyota GR in the race, they finished about 20 seconds behind.... Rather optimistically, the guy in the Toyota (who started, and finished, in last place) posted the 'Let's have a clean race' message before the start - I very much suspect he did 😂
 
Skyline R34 V-Spec. I avoid anything Nurburgish so haven't tried a race.
I wonder if that’s the same car we had a race A at Watkins Glen one time, that turned out to be a good week, I’ll try later or tomorrow
 
Tried to get into a couple Daytona races today and each one crashed right before green flag. So I created Petit Le Mans using sophy instead :D
 
Incredible couple of races. Did a few QT laps and got a 1:45.3 IIRC. First race I started pole but couldnt keep pace with G as i had to learn how to get the most out of hard tyres:
1a10c58ffaf17-screenshotUrl.webp


Second race I was in with the man himself Rory. Was ahead of him for a while but got into a small battle with exeFallen and Rory got away. I must be 1-2 races away from getting back to A+ rank

1a10c58b6f64-screenshotUrl.webp


Done a few more and I'm placing between 9th and 6th. My finishing place doesnt seem to differ from my starting place on the grid, it's all about bump drafting. Will work on my QT tomorrow so I can start in the top 5
 
I don’t have any love for Nuremberg so looked at C with the F-type.

Currently my lap bests are high 1:45s with the RS and mid 1:49s with the RH. I lose about 3.5s a lap on the RM.

Given that how would you race this?
 
I don’t have any love for Nuremberg so looked at C with the F-type.

Currently my lap bests are high 1:45s with the RS and mid 1:49s with the RH. I lose about 3.5s a lap on the RM.

Given that how would you race this?
Hards for 4-5 laps. I'm slightly quicker on 7 lap old softs than I am 5 lap old hards, so pitting end of lap 4 for softs works best for me, depends how you drive though. If you start the race top 3 you might do well starting with softs but I feel that any benefit gained is lost in the slipstream and you will struggle to shake the other drivers on hards so you've wasted your softs.
With last weeks race C, starting on softs if you were top 3 was a legit strat as you could shake the competition but I don't think it would work as well on this race.
 
Tried out Daily Race C because that’s were the fun is at, night-time at Daytona is my bag baby!!!

Solid race - 6th place, was leading for a bit on my wonky strategy, but the pits let me down.

Gran Turismo™ 7_20261005210113.webpGran Turismo™ 7_20261005210124.webpGran Turismo™ 7_20261005212337.webpGran Turismo™ 7_20261005212304.webpGran Turismo™ 7_20261005211310.webpGran Turismo™ 7_20261005212417.webpGran Turismo™ 7_20261005212650.webpGran Turismo™ 7_20261005212931.webp
 
It was important to draw a line under WW2, and act as a deterrent (and lesson) for those who would repeat it.
As I said I don't care much for Nürburgring so the point I can never remember how to spell it. :D :D
 
Back