GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 31,434 comments
Had to admire the bonzai move of this guy with no punishment whatsoever

Wow… 100% there they knew what they was doing. Using two cars to stop his car and help them turn the corner.
Checked his stats and he has 6 clean races out of 86 total, if you're running less than 10% clean races you shouldn't be anywhere near SR S, another example of how borked this system is at present.
Totally agree!!!

Some “good“ ones in here too 💩

You made my Day..

I'm a bit more "calculating" now, when I meet guys like this, I write to these drivers very politely after the race. I advise you of this unnecessary and unsportsmanlike conduct. I ask that you don't do that in the future, since it's just a game and you better not go online if you can't do it better.
The response from such players is usually something rather unfriendly... and as everyone knows, this is against the network rules and will be punished.
Yes, some people won't find it that great, but I can live with it.. and if others do the same... well maybe we'll at least get rid of a couple of such players.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh i would like to write peoples in lobby sometimes but the problem is,they leave before i could even finish 2-3 words 😂

If WG will be Daily next week i have no choice but going online again.

Asked for elaboration, race A is still SR/DR disabled - which makes it a really boring combo for having no impact, perhaps unless it's raining. If not, I can't see this getting raced pretty much at all, why would you do a normal road car race that doesn't mean anything?

Would have loved this a month ago when it meant something. Oh well. Race C calls.

Gave Daily A a few goes earlier in the week and had this combo of cars together on track at one point
9b29bfb5f4ce9ec855371614bc81b85c_photo.webp

What is that F1 looking type car? Honda ….? Surprised the Ford didn’t run over them 🤣
Honda Project 2&4

Terrible race C. Driver should be banned.:

F3BF8FD1-CE0B-4F95-B580-D42A81EA5672.jpeg

Im second on the grid. On that note, how come the other D/S drivers are even in this race? I experience the same thing quite often.

So the race starts and the guy on pole & I get a 3 second or so lead on the field. He is driving fast but I manage to stay within 100m or so behind him. This is the closest I get.

At the start of lap 3 he veers suddenly to the left, hitting the inside wall. This was well past the pit entry and far too late for it to be a last ditch effort to pit. He’s nearer the start/finish line.

Having partially recovered and unghosted he then decides to deliberately attack any driver that gets near him, myself included. He then moderates his pace so that he can continue to attack multiple cars further. It happens to me again, I’m in the wall, broken engine, last in race.

Anger gets the better of me and I call him an idiot in the in-race chat. He drops down from 10th on the race order. As it turns out, I find out that this is because he is driving in the wrong direction. He drives through me and promptly quits the race.

Unfortunately, in my flustered state I forgot to save the replay :dunce:

If I could find a way to get this clown banned I would as he ruined many drivers races, not just my own.

/rant expired.

Also not if you know or anyone else... But does moving the fuel mix to mix 6 on the warm up bit before the countdown actually give you more fuel? I’ve seen a few YTs do it.
I've seen them do this, too. How much of a difference does it make? I don't know, but it can't hurt. Hell, if I am starting behind/on the chicane at Spa, I'll leave it on 6 until I am going down the front straight. Figure it will help me not spin out before the race has even started. :lol:

@xMAXIx79

Jumped on my main account, into the Ford for some quali laps. Probably spent an hour going after laps wanting to get into the 18s. And, finally, I got a.......... 19.017. Son of a! I was on pace for an 18.6 but I messed up the final chicane... I'm really starting to hate that damn chicane.

For the below, I am using this track reference:
spa-francorchamps-2018-layout-2.jpg

I'm surprised you drive with AT and not MT. I found that through Les Combs out of 6 and into 7 if I leave it in 2nd and rev the * out of it, as I turn into 7 and let off since the rpms are so high the dips as I let off and gives some great turn-in. As soon as the car rotates I hit 3rd gear and which really helps settle her down, get pointed, and WoT (wide open throttle) from there. Same thing going through 13 towards 14. I think you could find that extra ~.250" and be in the 17s if you use MT.

Figured since the week is almost over, I'd put in a 'real' quali lap on my second account. Had one lap before the race is did a 19.2, so on this account it was like 1.5s head of P2. Got a win in the Ford and the NSX. Yep, the NSX.... for the lolz. Car is still squirrely but you don't need to manage fuel. FM1 and rev it to the heavens.

Updated the livery on the Ford to make it a little more "me." I think it's one of the sexiest cars in the game.

409ade87df04e00d40800c06dcb885ad_photo.webp

I'm trying to use the clutch on my Logitech g923 on Race A but it doesn't work even if my cars have a fully customizable manual transmission.

If I start a race manually in Word Circuits with the same cars, the clutch works. Anyone else have this issue?

Had to admire the bonzai move of this guy with no punishment whatsoever

Checked his stats and he has 6 clean races out of 86 total, if you're running less than 10% clean races you shouldn't be anywhere near SR S, another example of how borked this system is at present.

Wow, just wow...but it is how alot of people in my dailys race, so i cant completely focus on my own race because i have to keep my eyes peeled on every car behind me

YouTube can put English subtitles on videos now. Click the subtitles button and then in settings switch to auto detect English. See attached image.

From what I understand from the subtitles is he is complaining that he doesnt get time to practice and people mess with him. Then as you pass he says no one is going to do it again and then the rage kicks in! He then says No no no no as you run cars, then he’s not happy with the 4 seconds penalty. After that the guy is then genuinely upset and angry that you made a fair pass. He said he was going to pierce you again before you put braked him while he tried to pint you again.

As for the move I done actually know why he was angry. Looked a clean fair pass. As for the rubbing… could be they thought you was pushing then wide?
It’s idiot like him that want revenge but end up destroying others peoples races that need banning. If you want revenge dont include other drivers that have nothing to do with it.

It's hard to say, Barron.

On the face of it, it seems he's genuinely upset because you passed him and that's as far as it goes. The only thing he says directly referencing you is "oh he doesn't know, does he?"

My interpretation is any of:

1. As mentioned above.
2. He doesn't like that you've chosen a faster car, sees it as some kind of exploit.
3. He thinks you don't see him on your right and you should have been giving him more space ("he doesn't know [I'm on the outside of him]")
4. There's some unknown previous that he wants revenge for ("he doesn't know [what you did to him before]")

It's hard to say, he doesn't explicitly tell.

Thanks for doing that, i never knew YouTube could translate. And we didn't have any previous incidents, but looking at the translation I can see he's maybe just been racing all day, in Spain where it's pretty hot, he's not driving as well as he usually does...and maybe fed up getting passed by me and others in the 'cheat car'.....

Oh and on a semi related note, if you look at the Just Devon video with that infamous Spanish guy at at No 1 you'l see that he drives with countersteer on, I'm assuming to help with his ability to punt/block people.

Last edited:
Wow, just wow...but it is how alot of people in my dailys race, so i cant completely focus on my own race because i have to keep my eyes peeled on every car behind me
Yep definitely annoying, as well as myself and the Spaniard ahead were having a good clean battle at that point.

I didn't even anticipate a move from that far back, in cockpit view all I felt was a big smack from the right and I initially assumed the Spaniard had turned in on me (when we evidently left each other good space) but as soon as I saw this pillock drive away I knew what had happened. He had had another swing earlier on that lap, because of course.

I've seen them do this, too. How much of a difference does it make? I don't know, but it can't hurt. Hell, if I am starting behind/on the chicane at Spa, I'll leave it on 6 until I am going down the front straight. Figure it will help me not spin out before the race has even started. :lol:

@xMAXIx79

Jumped on my main account, into the Ford for some quali laps. Probably spent an hour going after laps wanting to get into the 18s. And, finally, I got a.......... 19.017. Son of a! I was on pace for an 18.6 but I messed up the final chicane... I'm really starting to hate that damn chicane.

For the below, I am using this track reference:
spa-francorchamps-2018-layout-2.jpg

I'm surprised you drive with AT and not MT. I found that through Les Combs out of 6 and into 7 if I leave it in 2nd and rev the * out of it, as I turn into 7 and let off since the rpms are so high the dips as I let off and gives some great turn-in. As soon as the car rotates I hit 3rd gear and which really helps settle her down, get pointed, and WoT (wide open throttle) from there. Same thing going through 13 towards 14. I think you could find that extra ~.250" and be in the 17s if you use MT.

Figured since the week is almost over, I'd put in a 'real' quali lap on my second account. Had one lap before the race is did a 19.2, so on this account it was like 1.5s head of P2. Got a win in the Ford and the NSX. Yep, the NSX.... for the lolz. Car is still squirrely but you don't need to manage fuel. FM1 and rev it to the heavens.

Updated the livery on the Ford to make it a little more "me." I think it's one of the sexiest cars in the game.

409ade87df04e00d40800c06dcb885ad_photo.webp

Update:

I've also optimized my time a bit and would like to try again today, even though it's the last day. And yes automatic transmission... I'm not used to manual driving yet and not good at it either.

My best time yesterday with MT was a 2.18.125, which is really good for me, but still not optimal. I didn't even have TCS on as I really need it in the Q, but in the race it's my safety net. And yes..

I also changed the design of the car to what I think is a worthy appearance. In fact, the car is incredibly fun and that weird but cool noise when you shift gears is awesome. It always surprises me how you have to/can drive this car. In the race I see again and again how much faster I can enter and exit corners.

Oh and yes, I also have the biggest problems with the bus stop, I rarely make it through there really quickly.

I'm sure it looks really cool to people in their minds to try and overtake at Eau Rouge but I have my line through there and I'm sticking to it so you're either going to do something silly and spin off or end up with a penalty.

Sorry. You're not Mark Webber :lol:

Yesterday I did my first Race C for this week, and first online race ever involving some strategy.

Of course I botched it.

Quali time was quite good, P3, clean race using the Renault Megane, stayed within 4 seconds from P1 for 4 laps on Softs, and then decided to stay out for another lap because the car felt still controllable despite the tyres being gone, and I figured that I could run the final four laps on softs as well.

But it seems that I lost so much time in laps 4 and 5 that I left the pits P9 and ended up P7 25 seconds behind P1. Hmm...

Well, it's too late now to develop a better stratey. Let's see what next week brings.

Update:

I've also optimized my time a bit and would like to try again today, even though it's the last day. And yes automatic transmission... I'm not used to manual driving yet and not good at it either.

My best time yesterday with MT was a 2.18.125, which is really good for me, but still not optimal. I didn't even have TCS on as I really need it in the Q, but in the race it's my safety net. And yes..

I also changed the design of the car to what I think is a worthy appearance. In fact, the car is incredibly fun and that weird but cool noise when you shift gears is awesome. It always surprises me how you have to/can drive this car. In the race I see again and again how much faster I can enter and exit corners.

Oh and yes, I also have the biggest problems with the bus stop, I rarely make it through there really quickly.

Dammit, now I gotta go try to get into the 18s again! :lol:

I didn't save my 19.017 replay as I wasn't particularly proud of it.
I'm sure it looks really cool to people in their minds to try and overtake at Eau Rouge but I have my line through there and I'm sticking to it so you're either going to do something silly and spin off or end up with a penalty.

Sorry. You're not Mark Webber :lol:
I don't get it either. All they're doing is absolutely killing both drivers' races (assuming there isn't a crash, which is a bold assumption). Obviously coming out of Radillion slow hurts all the way down Kemmel.

Hang back a little, just enough to mitigate the dirty air, get a run and make an easy pass on the straight. Unless you're this guy... "Hold my ice cream bar, I know what I am doing."

Yesterday I did my first Race C for this week, and first online race ever involving some strategy.

Of course I botched it.

Quali time was quite good, P3, clean race using the Renault Megane, stayed within 4 seconds from P1 for 4 laps on Softs, and then decided to stay out for another lap because the car felt still controllable despite the tyres being gone, and I figured that I could run the final four laps on softs as well.

But it seems that I lost so much time in laps 4 and 5 that I left the pits P9 and ended up P7 25 seconds behind P1. Hmm...

Well, it's too late now to develop a better stratey. Let's see what next week brings.
The megane actually does prefer the 5 lap / 4 lap strategy. I think it handles worn tires better with a bit extra fuel weight vs near empty on last lap. At least that’s what I’ve found. You can maintain decent pace on lap 5 of stint if you avoid too much sliding early in the stint… the left side tires will die on you if you don’t slow enough in the two downhill right turns… brake in a straight line until you can take corners without too much tire squeal… it’s a MR car and wants to slide and can be fast doing so on fresh tires, but you will pay for it later.

It’s a hard car to make overtakes with, so slow on straights, but it can have great pace over 9 laps and if you draft a fast Sylvia and save fuel you can keep up with them for 5 laps and jump them in pits with the saved fuel. The megane has served me well all week.

I don't get it either. All they're doing is absolutely killing both drivers' races (assuming there isn't a crash, which is a bold assumption). Obviously coming out of Radillion slow hurts all the way down Kemmel.

Hang back a little, just enough to mitigate the dirty air, get a run and make an easy pass on the straight.
I posted a comment a while back about the Driving Etiquette videos needing to illustrate this sort of basic racing common sense. There's no sense in it at all, and what I think it boils down to is ignorance, lack of intelligence, emotional dysfunction or a combination of the above!

Edit... OR they could introduce an annex to the Circuit Experiences where you have to simulate typical overtaking manoeuvres on each circuit.

Last edited:
Watkins Glen next week in GR3 could be interesting. I had fun with it in custom lobbies, but there's a lot of the hairpin, or very tight right angle corners that will make it difficult to compete against wheel users all week.

I'll have to see how it goes, but I'm not hopeful I'll be able to compete in the top split lobbies unlike at Monza

I posted a comment a while back about the Driving Etiquette videos needing to illustrate this sort of basic racing common sense. There's no sense in it at all, and what I think it boils down to is ignorance, lack of intelligence, emotional dysfunction or a combination of the above!

Edit... OR they could introduce an annex to the Circuit Experiences where you have to simulate typical overtaking manoeuvres on each circuit.
This, 100%. I had this idea too (but never posted it). But, my thinking was the license tests, or missions, or CE would work too.

Lets just use Monza. Your mission is to go through both Lesmos turns, or Ascari, or whatever, side-by-side with an AI car (which is programed to keep pace with you, thus different skill level drivers all can do the mission) without touching it. You have to do it once on the inside, and once on the outside. If you touch the AI, you fail.

I 'had' to do this while taking a real driving school. We were all in a line behind two instructors, and everyone was right next to another student. We drove the whole track on the left side, and the whole track on the right side. Everyone was super careful because it was real life, but a neat drill that I think the sim community could learn from.
Update:

Update: 2:18.987.

I don't know how... I messed up so many times. Screwed up T6 (almost quit the lap here), drifted out of T13, missed the apex on T14, T17 was pretty bad, and the exit out of the T19 chicane wasn't exactly pretty. I did nail T8 thought which had been giving me problems.

The lap felt sloppy; there's easily .500 seconds in it had I not messed up the above so much. But, the goal was 18s. Now I am done with this track... on to practice the Glen for next week.

This, 100%. I had this idea too (but never posted it). But, my thinking was the license tests, or missions, or CE would work too.

Lets just use Monza. Your mission is to go through both Lesmos turns, or Ascari, or whatever, side-by-side with an AI car (which is programed to keep pace with you, thus different skill level drivers all can do the mission) without touching it. You have to do it once on the inside, and once on the outside. If you touch the AI, you fail.

I 'had' to do this while taking a real driving school. We were all in a line behind two instructors, and everyone was right next to another student. We drove the whole track on the left side, and the whole track on the right side. Everyone was super careful because it was real life, but a neat drill that I think the sim community could learn from.

Update: 2:18.987.

I don't know how... I messed up so many times. Screwed up T6 (almost quit the lap here), drifted out of T13, missed the apex on T14, T17 was pretty bad, and the exit out of the T19 chicane wasn't exactly pretty. I did nail T8 thought which had been giving me problems.

The lap felt sloppy; there's easily .500 seconds in it had I not messed up the above so much. But, the goal was 18s. Now I am done with this track... on to practice the Glen for next week.

Congratulations.. nice that you made it.

I checked out your lap.
5-6-7 and 12-13-14 no down to 2.Gear. Thats more stable and faster with 3.

And!Turn 17 goes flat at 255 km/h ( i.e. with the maximum he can achieve there) BUT the turn-in point has to be right and you mustn’t turn in too hard.

I was hoping to get down to 2.17.xxx... unfortunately it didn't quite work out. I'm proud to have managed to do this with the car, but also sad because I can see and feel that he can go much faster.

Btw: I think the GT runs at Watkins Glen also well.

Attachments

• 181a13237ad34-403c513ed21ff1040c4238d8c20147c7a9cc3096-131_message_424002877941745_1656261241959.jpg
    181a13237ad34-403c513ed21ff1040c4238d8c20147c7a9cc3096-131_message_424002877941745_1656261241959.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
I've only had time to enter Race A this week once so far, but I'm definitely digging this ruleset. The only car that appeared more than once in the field was the Ferrari F430. (Some madman with DR A was even using an Abarth 500!) Other than that, I got a clean Q3/P2 today at Laguna Seca - and in a Ford Mustang Mach 1 '71, at that. With Race A not having DR/SR changes, I can only hope that future iterations of Race A will continue the interesting rulesets.

Last edited:
Back