GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 31,433 comments
Dammit, now I gotta go try to get into the 18s again! :lol:

I didn't save my 19.017 replay as I wasn't particularly proud of it.

I don't get it either. All they're doing is absolutely killing both drivers' races (assuming there isn't a crash, which is a bold assumption). Obviously coming out of Radillion slow hurts all the way down Kemmel.

Hang back a little, just enough to mitigate the dirty air, get a run and make an easy pass on the straight. Unless you're this guy... "Hold my ice cream bar, I know what I am doing."

Yeah, I haven't played much online since kyoto, was p1ssing me off how thick some people are, trying to overtake in the chicanes on that circuit.

B80
Yeah, I haven't played much online since kyoto, was p1ssing me off how thick some people are, trying to overtake in the chicanes on that circuit.
I only drove race B this week because my times in the WRX were too bad for race C. I have to say, race B was tough, but mostly fair... And the rather unfair drivers... I had them screened out.

Had a blast at Race C this week and racked up another 10 or 12 wins in the Silvia, which I love to drive. I tried some no-qualy races at first but it was just too much of a deficit for me to make up so I decided to put in a qualy lap that was good enough for top 5 starts. Hit a 2:02.8 and was satisfied with that. It was good enough for pole in most of my races since I typically race at odd times. I had some great battles with one or two other A+ drivers in almost every race but was able to get the win every time after setting a lap. Fastest lap in race was a 2:04.2 and best race time was 19:18. I was running softs the whole race and making the decision to pit on either lap 4 or lap 5 on the fly based on traffic and my closest competitors. Most of the time I was pushing the car at 90-100% but would save a little fuel here and there if I felt like I had a large enough gap. I think pushing and refueling ended up being a bit faster than fuel-saving.

Since so many people are posting their updated stats page, here’s mine. They are definitely skewed by me not racing at optimal times but even still, I’m pretty happy with my limited results in GT7 so far.

edit: sorry this image is so big, I dunno why :dunce:

8498EEBC-7A59-4468-BECC-A5E12CEC7046.jpeg

Last edited:
Had a blast at Race C this week and racked up another 10 or 12 wins in the Silvia, which I love to drive. I tried some no-qualy races at first but it was just too much of a deficit for me to make up so I decided to put in a qualy lap that was good enough for top 5 starts. Hit a 2:02.8 and was satisfied with that. It was good enough for pole in most of my races since I typically race at odd times. I had some great battles with one or two other A+ drivers in almost every race but was able to get the win every time after setting a lap. Fastest lap in race was a 2:04.2 and best race time was 19:18. I was running softs the whole race and making the decision to pit on either lap 4 or lap 5 on the fly based on traffic and my closest competitors. Most of the time I was pushing the car at 90-100% but would save a little fuel here and there if I felt like I had a large enough gap. I think pushing and refueling ended up being a bit faster than fuel-saving.
Too bad we never ended up in the same lobby. Also had fun in Race C. I was driving the Megane and my fastest total race was 19:20. The Silvia definitely has the pace over the Megane, but they are close, especially if I can draft the Silvia and save fuel. There is just no match on the straight coming out of the S's and going slightly up hill... so many laps I had a better run there only to have Silvia on my bumper just before the downhill. The amount of time they could make up in draft was ridiculous. If I started the week over I'd drive the Silvia, but got the Megane pretty dialed in and had a lot of success with it. My fast lap in races was usually low 2'05 unless I could draft in key areas in which case saw a couple high 2'04s. It was really hard to run a 4/5 strategy with the Megane therefore hard to employ an undercut as the tire wear was bad, but 5/4 worked better oddly. I had to drive closer to 90% on the first stint so in a closely matched race it was almost better to be just behind a Silvia and save fuel rather than the other way around. Of course having a nice gap early was even better. lol.

That all changed today. A couple really fast qualifiers from Brazil (A and A+) with quali times in of 2:02.0 and 2:02.4 didn't actually race that well, but between the two of them starting 1/2 could hold up the entire field and make a mess of the race... once you get bogged in traffic the Megane is junk and just can't overtake. The Brazil drivers were dirty also and eventually induced other guys to trade paint with them and they lost time or just completely took each other out. Sad to see. They had no qualms about bumps in the brake zone and passing without a care. Got a first and a fourth with them in the room and two controlled and clean races myself and decided to call it a day.

Can't complain too much, the entire week until today was almost totally fair and clean racing in DR A/A+.

I only drove race B this week because my times in the WRX were too bad for race C. I have to say, race B was tough, but mostly fair... And the rather unfair drivers... I had them screened out.
Yeah don't get me wrong, didn't completely put me off as such. Ended up getting back into single player, hot lapping and random races using praianos tunes. Suited my mood more, as get really 'dialled in', super focused online, whereas I find single player less demanding in some ways. But online brings an edge you cant find racing against cpu. Online is the end game and where ill no doubt dpend a lot more time overall.

Great thing about gt, plenty of variation... for me anyway, I know plenty think otherwise!

Last edited:
Decided to take a break from ACC last night and try some race B. Had a good clean race but had to laugh at the south African dipstick in the green WRX. I overtook him once and he punted be off, so I had to race hard to overtake him again. Last corner of the last lap the pressure gets to him and I get a super fast exit on the corner, I'm right up his chuff. I sense he's desperate so move right to overtake and as I do so he goes for a brake check. I think this is the most desperate, pathetic behaviour I've seen in a daily race. Why do that if you've been beaten cleanly? There should be a way to report this sort of childish behaviour.
I have several replays of exactly that BS they van take the pressure of you on there ass so a instant 3.00 pen get you off them thought I believe u have of a guy vreak checking and getting the penalty

Since so many people are posting their updated stats page, here’s mine. They are definitely skewed by me not racing at optimal times but even still, I’m pretty happy with my limited results in GT7 so far.

edit: sorry this image is so big, I dunno why :dunce:

View attachment 1165979

That's one he'll of a record, assume a lot of that is in the top tiers as well.

A small service announcement: after the update we are running a small one make race on Saturday if you are interested

I've only had time to enter Race A this week once so far, but I'm definitely digging this ruleset. The only car that appeared more than once in the field was the Ferrari F430. (Some madman with DR A was even using an Abarth 500!) Other than that, I got a clean Q3/P2 today at Laguna Seca - and in a Ford Mustang Mach 1 '71, at that. With Race A not having DR/SR changes, I can only hope that future iterations of Race A will continue the interesting rulesets.
I'm really digging the A races using your own car. Other than the strangely tuned Ferraris and Mazdas, there's a nice mix of cars. I tried driving one of those weirdly tuned Ferraris and it was just horrible but fast. Not fun at all. I don't know what the joy is in beating everyone by 20 seconds. But I guess that's part of the joy, you can race anything you want in this week's A.

B80
That's one he'll of a record, assume a lot of that is in the top tiers as well.

Thank you. And yes sir, all of my races are in top split for daily races. However, I am often joined by DR-A and DR-B drivers due to the lower participation at the times I race as well as the PS4/PS5 split in GT7 dailies. I think at least 12-15 of those races were starting from the back with no qualy time. Got a few wins that way but most of them were after setting a good lap by my standards.

Well if this week has taught me anything its that i really must try and get better at non FF/4WD cars. My quali time for race C is top 400, but I'm just utterly crap in the race (in the Sllvia/Megane). Something i really need to work on.

I believe until PD finally gets the Supra back on track this car will be meta everywhere or at least always in the top 3 at every track.
This car was simply lifted too high at 1.13 by PD presumably to lick Toyota's ass in time for the Cup and the release of the hypercar. In my eyes it's really a **** action. This was again very easy to observe in Spa, every "Dulli" uses this car, regardless of whether he can handle it or not. And it was hardly possible to drive away from them because they could drive 10 km/h faster on the straight with the part than I did in my not exactly slow Ford GT. And at least 10 km/h more top speed, with comparable cornering speeds, makes the car a tough opponent.

First it was the Beetle that was too strong overall, now it's the Toyota. It's a shame that PD still has such problems with the balance. (or make it stupid on purpose)

I think I'll stick with the Ford GT, it feels really good at Watkins Glen this weekend. Maybe not the fastest, but it's comfortable to drive and therefore pretty consistent for me.

I think I'll stick with the Ford GT, it feels really good at Watkins Glen this weekend. Maybe not the fastest, but it's comfortable to drive and therefore pretty consistent for me.
I wish it didn't have such an obstructive cockpit view, and I'm committed to the view now in any racing game. (young me would have been amazed to think what this looks like now in 2022). Similar to the RSR it's just really difficult to see around the wheel when you're turning, making it tough to line up exits or spot the right line through a complex like Eau Rouge.

I wish it didn't have such an obstructive cockpit view, and I'm committed to the view now in any racing game. (young me would have been amazed to think what this looks like now in 2022). Similar to the RSR it's just really difficult to see around the wheel when you're turning, making it tough to line up exits or spot the right line through a complex like Eau Rouge.
I can understand that well. I'm really not that good at this view either, but maybe it's something to do with my small monitor.
What I also do NOT like is that the Gr3 Ford GT does NOT have a real racing cockpit. The entire interior is that of the standard car, only a roll cage is in it. I would still accept that for a Gr4, but a Gr3 shouldn't/shouldn't look like that. far too much weight, far too little protection/safety.

Have you tried to adjust the view height/depth? I have no real experience with cockpit view but have messed with the settings?🍻

Have you tried to adjust the view height/depth? I have no real experience with cockpit view but have messed with the settings?🍻
They don't really give you a wide range to work with, so it can help a little but doesn't get rid of the problem. It's relatively minor as most cars are perfectly fine and you can get used to the ones that are more difficult to a certain extent, it's just not ideal.

Aaaaaaand Lago maggiore AGAIIIN. 40 locations and we are still at lago maggiore.

Great one at watkinks with gr3 cars and forced to use soft and medium tyres. No hard ones

Attachments

• CFFEADA1-A001-42E0-A176-28E389ECECDA.jpeg
    CFFEADA1-A001-42E0-A176-28E389ECECDA.jpeg
    81.9 KB · Views: 12
  • 4E462AF2-4EC8-4B46-9438-FED003C43A46.jpeg
    4E462AF2-4EC8-4B46-9438-FED003C43A46.jpeg
    83.7 KB · Views: 12
  • 592C018C-3356-40B3-9DEF-02DE099557FA.jpeg
    592C018C-3356-40B3-9DEF-02DE099557FA.jpeg
    80.2 KB · Views: 12
Thank you. And yes sir, all of my races are in top split for daily races. However, I am often joined by DR-A and DR-B drivers due to the lower participation at the times I race as well as the PS4/PS5 split in GT7 dailies. I think at least 12-15 of those races were starting from the back with no qualy time. Got a few wins that way but most of them were after setting a good lap by my standards.
wow, even more impressive. you won top tier races after starting at back??

i'm assuming you're what people describe as an 'alien'... meant in positive way of course.

Last edited:
Race C it is this week then, the other two look boring.

Hopefully PD will fix the suspension PP changes after analysing the data from the last week of Race A. It was ridiculous i could add 100bhp and reduce the weight by 40kg on the same car to stay at 450PP just by raising the front suspension..

Last edited:
Race C it is this week then, the other two look boring.

Hopefully PD will fix the suspension PP changes after analysing the data from the last week of Race A. It was ridiculous i could add 100bhp and reduce the weight by 40kg on the same car to stay at 450PP just by raising the front suspension..
And if they finally get it fixed... hopefully she'll do more than just those 3 races a week.. why not 6 different races.. I don't get it... sort of like 2 different A races, 2 different B Races and 2 different C races.. one fuel and one endurance race each.

I stumbled upon Praiano's Tunes and found the 450PP setup for the Toyota GR Yaris RZ. I used a modified version of that setup to win the 23:00 and 23:40 slots of daily race A on Sunday night. I then entered the 0:00 slot of race A, where finished in the top 5.

Last edited:
Back