GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 31,351 comments
I know I’ve said this before, but it’s becoming more and more obvious to me: I’d rather PD return to the original penalty system where there were too many penalties than continue with what we (don’t) have now. There are no consequences for supposedly “good” drivers who push and punt their way to the front in A lobbies. They steal my DR points and I am stuck driving with worse and worse drivers.

Some folks have said to relax and just enjoy driving, and in principle I agree. But it’s hard to enjoy the process when the process is continually ****ed by people who shouldn’t be there. I’d like to at least have the option to not play bumper cars if I choose not to!

It’s as if PD is running a social experiment by intentionally trying to find our breaking points! Or that they want Sport Mode to fail so they don’t have to keep maintaining it?! I can’t think of any kind of competitive activity that doesn’t enforce its rules and never punishes the cheaters.

I’ve been convinced for a while that they’re merely collecting driving data from all these repetitive dailies on hard tires without strategy. I wish they were collecting incident reports to make a better penalty system, but you can’t collect data on penalties that don’t exist!

My wish for the new year: every one of the knuckleheads at PD who design the dailies has to play in them every single day of 2023!

I know I’ve said this before, but it’s becoming more and more obvious to me: I’d rather PD return to the original penalty system where there were too many penalties than continue with what we (don’t) have now. There are no consequences for supposedly “good” drivers who push and punt their way to the front in A lobbies. They steal my DR points and I am stuck driving with worse and worse drivers.

Some folks have said to relax and just enjoy driving, and in principle I agree. But it’s hard to enjoy the process when the process is continually ****ed by people who shouldn’t be there. I’d like to at least have the option to not play bumper cars if I choose not to!

It’s as if PD is running a social experiment by intentionally trying to find our breaking points! Or that they want Sport Mode to fail so they don’t have to keep maintaining it?! I can’t think of any kind of competitive activity that doesn’t enforce its rules and never punishes the cheaters.

I’ve been convinced for a while that they’re merely collecting driving data from all these repetitive dailies on hard tires without strategy. I wish they were collecting incident reports to make a better penalty system, but you can’t collect data on penalties that don’t exist!

My wish for the new year: every one of the knuckleheads at PD who design the dailies has to play in them every single day of
Problem solved. Everyone having this same issue with dirty drivers. Let’s all post a time/lobby name and if it’s private or friends only on here and have some fun respectful racing. Yah yah I know about the lobby “bugs”
Let’s all try to do it. Recreate the same daily race conditions. Idk🍻

Last edited:
@GaugeForever: I have become a better racer by anticipating, then avoiding, known nuisance drivers. I am still punted, pitted and pushed to pass, but at least once in every race I avoid an attempt on my virtual life. Avoiding these redrum moments has made me a better racer. I was putting myself in dangerous situations - the kind that only turns out well about 25% of the time.

As a C-rated driver, I have more fun racing for P12 with respectful racers than I ever have getting pole and just trying not to make a mistake until the end.

I am going to ask one last time (3rd) - where did my in-race penalty banner go for opponents? I used to know when they got a penalty, now there is no banner and I don't know they have a penalty until they ghost at the penalty line. Google and reddit have not helped with an answer. I do not know of any in-game switch I flipped. WTH?? I am the point of reloading the game as it's really shackling my buzz.

I am going to ask one last time (3rd) - where did my in-race penalty banner go for opponents? I used to know when they got a penalty, now there is no banner and I don't know they have a penalty until they ghost at the penalty line. Google and reddit have not helped with an answer. I do not know of any in-game switch I flipped. WTH?? I am the point of reloading the game as it's really shackling my buzz.
I have no idea about that I think I see it on the cars ahead but not the ones behind.
But will pay attention today to see if they are still there.

They still exist for me. The info above a car ahead is only visible when you’re within a certain distance though.

Last edited:
that kind of problem in real life comes with rules and stuff. Remember those? :lol:
Rules? We don't need no stinking rules! (That's a joke - yes, I'd like to see consequences to people's actions.)
My wish for the new year: every one of the knuckleheads at PD who design the dailies has to play in them every single day of 2023!
There's a term in software development called "dogfooding". It's perfectly described here, and PD should be doing it. As a retired software developer, my feeling is this is the single best way to 1) get bugs identified and fixed, and 2) get new quality of life improvements.

If I was a PD developer, and I had to do any of the annoying things that just waste time, like wait for the timer to finish running out at the end of the race, I'd fix it in an instant.

Of course, that assumes that the developers have any say in what they work on, and it's quite possible they don't, since these days management has to micromanage everything in software development. But back in my day... [insert Grumpy Old Man comment here].

You just have to convince the many youtubers and their audience when they start complaining about getting panalties they didn't deserve etc etc..

I had the pleasure of dealing back what I got last night, a rare occasion for me since I tend to ignore the idiots. No penalties for anyone 🤡
It’s funny how the YouTubers and Twitterers got the penalties and lack of payouts changed in a matter of days when they all worked simultaneously. If only they’d apply the same effort in a post-Christmas push to get penalties back.

Wall riding? PD solved this non-problem in one week with ridiculous wall penalties that NOBODY likes. Dirty driving? PD can’t seem to figure out how to fix it equitably in 9 months. Sheesh!

I suspect PD was hoping to have a big sales and participation bump after Christmas, but I doubt they can repair all the damage they’ve already done. I’m guessing more people have drifted away because of horrible play than they’ll gain from new sales.

EDIT: You vets want to know why there isn't anyone playing online, well here it is. I am an example of someone who gave an honest attempt.

I know I’ve said this before, but it’s becoming more and more obvious to me: I’d rather PD return to the original penalty system where there were too many penalties than continue with what we (don’t) have now.

Or that they want Sport Mode to fail so they don’t have to keep maintaining it?! I can’t think of any kind of competitive activity that doesn’t enforce its rules and never punishes the cheaters.
i think it was may or june, after a world series race with F1 cars in the rain that was a penalty-filled disaster when they simply turned penalties off. i would always self-enforce uncalled penalties, but at a certain point they taught drivers that bump to pass was a good and legal strategy. so then i'm just this goober letting cars pass, only to watch that car smash their way through the rest of the field. the worst is putting in a good QT, and then spending every single race (after a 10 minute wait) waiting to get cracked in T1. factor in that theres only 2 ranked races, one of them effectively being a one-make 1993 Alfa Romeo race every week... i just don't see how anyone sticks with this long into 2023.

i have often felt like they want to avoid making Sport mode 'too good'. especially after allowing rentals. the producer's goal for this game is to make as much money per user as possible, and Sport Mode users are the equivalent of people spending 8 hours a day in a coffee shop without buying anything. when they were busy fixing the hubcap colors in k-car cup preview races, or effectively deleting their own PP system instead of sorting out BOP, i didn't have confidence it would get better. but it has somehow gotten worse, because of the penalty system. the only thing PD have done to make me feel like they're simply bad at doing Sport mode is selling that expensive wheel. ignoring that, i can't think of anything they have done in 9 months to make GT7 Sport Mode as good as GTS was at the end.

Last edited:
Guess who has a big smile on his face right now? Me!! 🙂

Put some laps down at Daytona on main account and best I managed so far is a 1:55:2. Wanted to test the waters for how the racing is so hopped into 2nd account and set a 1:55:4 just in time for the race to start...

Would be lying if I said I'm not over the moon, as I am. Had some tough/ unlucky results recently and with Race B not being to my liking this week, was hoping to still enjoy Sport Mode.

My 0:44:2 lap at Maggiore seems like it might give me a decent starting position but too afraid to be wrecked as usual..

Attachments

• 1855921e9b453-screenshotUrl.jpg
    1855921e9b453-screenshotUrl.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 6
  • 185591ff7f227-screenshotUrl.jpg
    185591ff7f227-screenshotUrl.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 6
  • 185592012f751-screenshotUrl.jpg
    185592012f751-screenshotUrl.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 7
  • 18559254da039-screenshotUrl.jpg
    18559254da039-screenshotUrl.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
This is the weirdest thing I've ever seen in GT7. Freezes and bugs have become absurd.

Race B. I was waiting for like 5 minutes for the Lago Maggiore race to start, with the still image of the track scenery.
Then the race started. I was 14th, last place. For a full lap I could see all the cars in front of me, normally racing, overtaking etc. And when I crossed the line after that lap, the race ended! I'm still looking at the end results, car is still going, drums playing.... and there's no timer to go back to the lobby. Nothing makes sense. When I took the first photo it showed I was 12th, not 14th. Now I'm 4th. The more I wait in this screen the higher I get in the end results 😅.

All I can do is force quit GT7 because I'm stuck here.

Attachments

• IMG_20221228_153712.jpg
    IMG_20221228_153712.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20221228_154558.jpg
    IMG_20221228_154558.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
OMG, Daily Race B is killing me, but I refuse to give up! Here's my progress:

Date/TimeDR/SRDR %DR %DR DiffStartEndComment
12/26/2022 14:00B/B71.87|xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx___________|+0.0037Lago Maggiore
12/27/2022 05:40B/B75.00|xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx__________|+3.1333
12/27/2022 08:29B/B70.31|xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx____________|-4.697DNF
12/27/2022 12:01B/B64.06|xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx______________|-6.25314
12/27/2022 14:41B/C57.81|xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx_________________|-6.254DNF
12/27/2022 16:08B/C57.81|xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx_________________|+0.0036
12/27/2022 16:30B/C53.13|xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx___________________|-4.684DNF
12/28/2022 07:03B/D48.44|xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx_____________________|-4.69110
12/28/2022 09:54C/E48.44|xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx_____________________|------210WTF?

EDIT: Details on how this information was obtained can be found here.

Last edited:

Correct, I completely agree the penalty system in place for Sport Mode in GT7 is a joke.

Problem solved. Everyone having this same issue with dirty drivers. Let’s all post a time/lobby name and if it’s private or friends only on here and have some fun respectful racing. Yah yah I know about the lobby “bugs”
Let’s all try to do it. Recreate the same daily race conditions. Idk🍻
As you know we already do that, it's called Daily Races With Friends (DRWF). For those that don't, check out our thread here DRWF . We race on Fri at 9 EST and run 2 each of the week's dailies and 2 bonus races. We have alot of fun and everyone's welcome. The bonus races get a little wacky which adds to the enjoyment. We used to run a second lobby earlier in the night for our friends across the pond until interest waned. But I'm sure we could revive it if enough people were to participate. Check us out if you want some fun clean daily races. :D:cheers::gtpflag:

If you would like to join the lobby post your PSN name in the DRWF thread as it's set to friends only so none of your enemies can join and punt you, only us. JK :lol:

Last edited:
Well, three unexpected things just happened at Daily Race B:
1672253512477.png

Not only did I finally manage to finish a race, and not only did I win, but I got a CRB!

I learned a few things. The most important is to defend the two main corners, if you've got traffic behind you. For the first hairpin, hug the inside, even though it will slow you down. Don't give people the chance to bully through the inside:
1672253675006.png

And the second-to-last corner, do the same thing - hug the inside even if you have to creep around the corner. I didn't have anyone close behind me, so I didn't do it here, but look at the gap between me and the left side. DON'T give people the chance to take advantage of it!
1672253807734.png

And lastly the three most important tips: 1) Qualify at P1 or 2, 2) Have everyone behind you crash and leave you with no pressure, and 3) If you're P2, keep the pressure on and the guy in front might panic near the end of lap 8 and give you the win. :lol:

Did some more race Bs. Jumped in the Mustang and got my quali time to 43.8 knocking a tenth off the Evo time. Evo is good in the turny bits but the Mustang just has that grunt.

Kinda sucks because the good time is on my 2nd account since I was just doing some pre-race qualis but whatever.

Not sure if this was posted before, but the paint colors for these have not been added to the "real paint" colors of Alfa Romeo. I really like the green.

Today I tried two of the C races.

I figured I'd have a go in some of the seldom used cars. I didn't qualify.
In the first one, I went with the Silvia. In my second, race I drove the NSX. The Silva has very good handling, but the NSX has bit more speed. Both are them were good enough to secure last place. 👍

There's a reason that some cars don't get used. Oh well :lol:

Last edited:
Race B is more fun than I expected.

I went for two races to my second account, got a decent Q time down with the Mustang, but decided to take a "safer" car for the races: the Z4. Being a bit late to the party, I only got half a practice lap, which backfired. Started P5 in a B/S lobby with a lonely A/B driver on pole. I missed my braking point, in P4 at the end of lap 2, and shot P3 almost off track. I waited for him to let him pass again, consequently got involved in some furious but fair midfield action and learned a lesson: don't go two-wide through the fast esses. The Mustang can eat the sausage curb (sometimes), the Z4 can't. I spun full speed into the barrier, crawled behind the pack for half a lap with serious engine damage and a 1.5 sec. wall penalty, and finished P12. It was all on me, no one else to blame. Fun fact: I got a CRB in the end. What?😆
Second race, I'm P2 on the grid. P1 spins out under my pressure (haha!), but the friendly italian Porsche driver behind me decides to divebomb me (gently) in the horseshoe and passes me. I return the favour in T1, he tries it again in the same spot as before, but this time I park on the apex, and he spins out behind me, trying too hard on the next exit onto the main straight. From then on a czech Porsche driver in P2 is glued to my exhaust for the final five laps. I expect the worst, but he drives super clean and never does any stupid moves. Fair play to him, awesome! Final result:

4DA07410-5EE8-45D8-855C-8CC0C437CF92.jpeg

🥳

BTW, if you didn't notice, may I direct your highly esteemed attention to the decal on the windscreen...😆🍻

Another view:
12822822-AC6B-4BA2-9ABD-339A4781AB2E.jpeg

I watched the replays of both races: Both of them were exceptionally clean for a carnage-prone combo like that. B/S rules!🤣 But now I'll have to tank some races to avoid being promoted to DR A on my second account...😇

Last edited:
I've been having a blast in Race B so far this week. I think this is the first time that nearly the entire selection Gr.3 has been competitive. I've been fortunate enough to not come across too many terrible drivers. One good thing about a short track and short race like this is that even starting up front, it's hard to run away, so it usually doesn't get boring. Even though I've been on pole in all but 4-5 races, and won all but 3 (and finished P2 in 2 of those 3), there's only been a handful of times I won by more than 4s.
Autodrome Lago Maggiore - Center Reverse_.jpeg

Autodrome Lago Maggiore - Center Reverse__2.jpeg

Autodrome Lago Maggiore - Center Reverse__3.jpeg

Here are a couple racing incidents that happened in 1 lap at Daytona. The one between T1 and T2 I felt like was a racing incident at the time but I was a little unsure so I went thru the preceding S gently and let the guy have his position.

The second one, going into Bus Stop, I was pretty certain wasn't my fault so I didn't slow down and wait. After watching the replay I feel confident in that being his fault 100% but he was capital M Mad in chat afterwards. I cruised on to win from that point with P2 about 3 secs behind the whole time. Got the CRB too.

What do you guys think?

Last edited:

Here are a couple racing incidents that happened in 1 lap at Daytona. The one between T1 and T2 I felt like was a racing incident at the time but I was a little unsure so I went thru the preceding S gently and let the guy have his position.

The second one, going into Bus Stop, I was pretty certain wasn't my fault so I didn't slow down and wait. After watching the replay I feel confident in that being his fault 100% but he was capital M Mad in chat afterwards. I cruised on to win from that point with P2 about 3 secs behind the whole time. Got the CRB too.

What do you guys think?

100% his fault, karma worked well ;)

What a whirlwind two days it's been on Daily Race B for me! From B/B clear down to C/E, and back to B/B. Still have a long way to go to get my DR % back to where it was, but it's been a rollercoaster for sure.

12/28/2022 10:20C/D40.63|xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx________________________|-7.81211
12/28/2022 10:41C/C57.81|xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx_________________|+17.1821
12/28/2022 14:42C/C70.31|xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx____________|+12.5014
12/28/2022 15:21C/B89.06|xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx____|+18.7511Viper
12/28/2022 15:42C/B99.99|xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx|+10.9313divebombed
12/28/2022 16:21B/B7.81|xxx_____________________________________|------14Back to B!

EDIT: Details on how this information was obtained can be found here.
I've been having a blast in Race B so far this week. I think this is the first time that nearly the entire selection Gr.3 has been competitive.
Totally agree that there's so many competitive Gr.3 cars in race B. I just had a race that was won by a Beetle!

Last edited:
What a whirlwind two days it's been on Daily Race B for me! From B/B clear down to C/E, and back to B/B. Still have a long way to go to get my DR % back to where it was, but it's been a rollercoaster for sure.

12/28/2022 10:20C/D40.63|xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx________________________|-7.81211
12/28/2022 10:41C/C57.81|xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx_________________|+17.1821
12/28/2022 14:42C/C70.31|xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx____________|+12.5014
12/28/2022 15:21C/B89.06|xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx____|+18.7511Viper
12/28/2022 15:42C/B99.99|xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx|+10.9313divebombed
12/28/2022 16:21B/B7.81|xxx_____________________________________|------14Back to B!

Don't ask how I collated this information, or how I put it in a table. I'm not ready to share, and probably won't ever be.

Totally agree that there's so many competitive Gr.3 cars in race B. I just had a race that was won by a Beetle!
Your secrecy about the table makes me more curious than if you just post it without comment!

I mean surely the DR part is done by just calculating the percentage based on the pixel count? Which is what Kudosprime does for you anyway. The rest is straightforward, so for me the "don't ask" raises more questions than it prevents lol.

I am so burnt out from being punted out and penalized in sport mode. Why do I continue to get penalized when someone else rams me in the a$$ and wrecks me, not only do I end up going first to last, but my DR plummets. This is no fun anymore almost was a B but struggling to keep D. I don’t even want to play this anymore it’s no fun. The dirty trolls are ruining this game. Penalties need to be changed especially when you’re getting slammed in the rear. So disgusting

Back