GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 31,411 comments
I tried it those ways and was losing time. In the top times I watched they are all dropping a gear briefly to aid the turn-in and then jumping back up. I can definitely feel the benefit, but as you can tell from my times to the right, my consistency is terrible! I just can’t hit the same apex every time, especially that darned chicane!
No worries, I’m hardly an alien here, my 1:54.8xx q time was set in the FP session before the first race of the week.

The problem I find with that alien approach is that they are downshifting very briefly to rotate but then up shifting to let them get on the throttle early without too much wheel spin, all in a very short space of time. I find it makes us regular humans much less consistent because there are so many inputs to concentrate on.

I guess it all depends on whether you’re looking for a unicorn qualy time or trying to increase consistent race pace.

Last edited:
No worries, I’m hardly an alien here, my 1:54.8xx q time was set in the FP session before the first race of the week.

The problem I find with that alien approach is that they are downshifting very briefly to rotate but then up shifting to let them get on the throttle early without too much wheel spin, all in a very short space of time. I find it makes us regular humans much less consistent because there are so many inputs to concentrate on.

I guess it all depends on whether you’re looking for a unicorn qualy time or trying to increase consistent race pace.
I start my week out with "real human" qualifying and towards the end of the week, when I really know the track well, I'll go for "alien" patterns in qualifying just to see if I can pull it off. Rarely can I lol

I'm posting a video of my fastest lap. I ran a bunch this morning but only improved by a couple tenths. My optimal time is down to 1:54.5xx but I haven't broken the 1:55 barrier yet. Have a look and see if you can locate my rough spots. My chicane, by the way, was not very good on this one and I still posted my fastest time. As usual, I never could come close again though.

Thanks in advance for everyone's help.

Edit: I’m driving the Porsche.

It’s really not a bad lap at all. It’s just as Dredge said maybe flicking through the gears too much (I personally don’t touch 1st in the RSR), probably could use more of the track on the hairpin and (I think it’s t11 before the straight to the chicane) and probably take a bit more of a risk and smash the thing over the curbs at the chicane.

The RSR probably has the most planted rear end in the game on the throttle outside of the Z4 so it’s very point and shoot on exits (as in point the front at the exit and stomp on the gas) so aim it at those exit curbs and get on the throttle as early as possible.

Also at the hairpin I think it’s fast to have a very square line and very binary brake and throttle input. As in have no time in between letting off the brake and jumping on the throttle. You seem to let it roll a bit while also chucking it in 1st.

Source: I have the mid-54 you’re looking for

Last edited:
Oh, and he didn't get a penalty, I DID, for hitting the wall he spun me out into. Amazing.
Yeah the new barrier collision penalties are a joke. I can understand when the barrier runs up directly against the road, but when there is grass or a sand trap in between it's just stupid considering you have already lost time for going off track.
Same as getting a track limit penalty or barrier collision penalty after getting punted. Nothing worse than getting hit and you get a penalty for it while the instigator gets off scott free...

I start my week out with "real human" qualifying and towards the end of the week, when I really know the track well, I'll go for "alien" patterns in qualifying just to see if I can pull it off. Rarely can I lol
That’s a really good point about alien time. I’m too busy experimenting that I forget to simply find a consistent lap.
It’s really not a bad lap at all. It’s just as Dredge said maybe flicking through the gears too much (I personally don’t touch 1st in the RSR), probably could use more of the track on the hairpin and (I think it’s t11 before the straight to the chicane) and probably take a bit more of a risk and smash the thing over the curbs at the chicane.

The RSR probably has the most planted rear end in the game on the throttle outside of the Z4 so it’s very point and shoot on exits (as in point the front at the exit and stomp on the gas) so aim it at those exit curbs and get on the throttle as early as possible.

Also at the hairpin I think it’s fast to have a very square line and very binary brake and throttle input. As in have no time in between letting off the brake and jumping on the throttle. You seem to let it roll a bit while also chucking it in 1st.

Source: I have the mid-54 you’re looking for
That hairpin vexes me. I try every line I can think of, lots of throttle, coasting, etc., and I just can’t find a consistent line there.

As for that chicane, the example in the video is the worst line I took in all my practice laps all week! I’ve been getting pretty good at cutting across both and sticking the landing, but when I know I have a good lap going that voice in my head starts whispering “don’t blow it on the chicane,” so I get too conservative. It’s maddening!
Yeah the new barrier collision penalties are a joke. I can understand when the barrier runs up directly against the road, but when there is grass or a sand trap in between it's just stupid considering you have already lost time for going off track.
Same as getting a track limit penalty or barrier collision penalty after getting punted. Nothing worse than getting hit and you get a penalty for it while the instigator gets off scott free...
PD got so freaked out by a few wall riders ruining their online competitions and overcorrected with the penalties. They seem to be driven by the optics of cheating rather than any principles at this point, especially in their big international celebrations of themselves, and rather than make a sensible adjustment (make a break in the walls, measure the length of time contact is actually made, etc.) they just react as if anyone touching a wall is a cheater and deserves to be punished. Meanwhile they don’t give a damn about punishing the real cheaters who are blasting people off the roads and into walls in every single race. It’s absurd. They’d rather make a very public display about punishing a few cheaters in a rare circumstance, and then ignore that they’ve created a bogus penalty system that allows the vast majority of real cheating to go unpunished while at the same time penalizing the victims. Hey PD, how about the “optics” of these races sucking eggs?!?! If they truly cared about sportsmanship, they’d make sure that there’d be consequences for all the cheating and not just a few rare situations.

Last edited:
Hey everyone! I took a week off of racing and decided not to pressure myself to get wins this week. So I ran my 2nd account, jumped in Race B and started with an intentionally slow qualy time by my standards so I would start mid pack and still have the potential for podiums. What followed was some amazing racing with some great, respectful drivers. I just wanna share this race with you because it was the most fun I’ve had on this game in awhile. 8th to 2nd in 6 laps! Enjoy 🍻

Had a great day today. Did four races, only one of them someone punted me off, but it was an A lobby and I'm a B racer so it didn't bother me and hardly touched my DR. The other three were great. I finished in the top 5 in two of them and the other was again an A lobby and I finished in the top 10 :) I'm about 70% up B DR now. Still can't seem to break into A qualifying times, I mean I might be there, but it's on the very bottom tier.

I would have finished much higher but I got a yellow flag penalty. I'm not complaining, I'm asking seriously, why do yellow flags even exist in a video game, even a simulated video game? In real life these are for safety, we don't have that issue in video games so it seems to make absolutely no sense to have yellow flags in any kind of racing game. Can someone please explain the benefit of having them in a video game setting that isn't "because it's a sim and real life has them". Also, three seconds is absolutely absurd for that penalty. In my case like three cars were off track, I would have basically had to come to a complete stop on the racing line to not get the penalty.

Last edited:
Had a great day today. Did four races, only one of them someone punted me off, but it was an A lobby and I'm a B racer so it didn't bother me and hardly touched my DR. The other three were great. I finished in the top 5 in two of them and the other was again an A lobby and I finished in the top 10 :) I'm about 70% up B DR now.
That's awesome!! I'm sure it feels better than yesterday. :lol:

I had the opposite this morning. And I was so sure that some *head had punted me intentionally in two of the races, I was looking for blood. But I did my due diligence and watched the replays, and * it, they were all my fault. I actually moved my tail end into his front end (sounds nasty), and I got pitted, but that's what I get for doing what I did. I forget what I did wrong on the other one, but it was my fault again.

I'm sure glad I checked the replays before going off on the guy. Other people were saying he was being dirty (in general, not specific to me), so I felt like I had backup that he deserved my wrath. But no, just me being an idiot, and like I said, I'm sure glad I checked the replays first.

Hopefully this afternoon will go better, for me. And I hope yours continues to go well.

That's awesome!! I'm sure it feels better than yesterday. :lol:

I had the opposite this morning. And I was so sure that some *head had punted me intentionally in two of the races, I was looking for blood. But I did my due diligence and watched the replays, and * it, they were all my fault. I actually moved my tail end into his front end (sounds nasty), and I got pitted, but that's what I get for doing what I did. I forget what I did wrong on the other one, but it was my fault again.

I'm sure glad I checked the replays before going off on the guy. Other people were saying he was being dirty (in general, not specific to me), so I felt like I had backup that he deserved my wrath. But no, just me being an idiot, and like I said, I'm sure glad I checked the replays first.

Hopefully this afternoon will go better, for me. And I hope yours continues to go well.
Btw I like your livery design..so I'm using it in race C..... hopefully it brings me good vibes for victory lol

Attachments

• PXL_20230122_192621542.jpg
    PXL_20230122_192621542.jpg
    233.9 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Had a great day today. Did four races, only one of them someone punted me off, but it was an A lobby and I'm a B racer so it didn't bother me and hardly touched my DR. The other three were great. I finished in the top 5 in two of them and the other was again an A lobby and I finished in the top 10 :) I'm about 70% up B DR now. Still can't seem to break into A qualifying times, I mean I might be there, but it's on the very bottom tier.

I would have finished much higher but I got a yellow flag penalty. I'm not complaining, I'm asking seriously, why do yellow flags even exist in a video game, even a simulated video game? In real life these are for safety, we don't have that issue in video games so it seems to make absolutely no sense to have yellow flags in any kind of racing game. Can someone please explain the benefit of having them in a video game setting that isn't "because it's a sim and real life has them". Also, three seconds is absolutely absurd for that penalty. In my case like three cars were off track, I would have basically had to come to a complete stop on the racing line to not get the penalty.
There isn't a "video game" explanation. The explanation is "this is attempting to simulate race conditions of all kinds"

There isn't a "video game" explanation. The explanation is "this is attempting to simulate race conditions of all kinds"
Hahahahaaaaa! Seems like they’ve got some work to do . . .

In other news, I did a couple Races this afternoon and got to see @Talon16, who did me a real solid about 6 months ago when I was getting killed at this very track and hung back and raced with me when I was just learning for the first time.

The first race today I finished P3, and would have been right in front of Talon except he had some dirty tires at turn 4 on the last lap and fell back a spot. It was a great race, although Talon took it easy on me when I came out of the pits on the last lap and he could have overtaken me at T1. By the way, what kind of nonsense is it that the pit lane enters right into the middle of the dirtiest corner of the whole circuit?!

I was so excited by my good showing that i decided to do another race. This was a tougher lobby and I started waaay back. Talon was right there with me again, but I got stuck in a cluster of cars through turns 2-4, and I ended out taking Talon out at turn 4. I tried to leave room for us to go two (or three?) wide, but I was looking at the rear view mirror, the radar, and the track all at once and just didn’t negotiate the run well. I hung back to race with him after everyone else went on by, but dirty tires again gave him troubles at T6 and he quit. I’m sorry I took you out and ruined your race, @Talon16 ! I was going to send you a message but realized we weren’t PS friends, so instead I’ll call myself out here.

Thankfully I’m done this week. This was not a great week of racing for me, but I suppose it’s growing pains of a different sort. I need to work on consistency and precision and driving in a crowd.

Time to wrap up the week. Focused on Race B / Road Atlanta as I know the track well. QT 1:24,206 was good enough to keep most dirty driving behind me, starting races top 5 or even pole in A/A+ lobbies. Got a few victories and dozen top 5 finishes. Couple of last place finishes too, ofc, due to my own ability to mess things up. However, gained DR from low A to almost A+ so I'm very satisfied. Looking forward to next week!

Last edited:
Hey I'm going back to work in Sport mode. How can I get my driver level up to a higher rank? And how many races must I finish per day to increase my points? Setting a goal of getting a time under 1'25.000 at Atlanta

Hahahahaaaaa! Seems like they’ve got some work to do . . .

In other news, I did a couple Races this afternoon and got to see @Talon16, who did me a real solid about 6 months ago when I was getting killed at this very track and hung back and raced with me when I was just learning for the first time.

The first race today I finished P3, and would have been right in front of Talon except he had some dirty tires at turn 4 on the last lap and fell back a spot. It was a great race, although Talon took it easy on me when I came out of the pits on the last lap and he could have overtaken me at T1. By the way, what kind of nonsense is it that the pit lane enters right into the middle of the dirtiest corner of the whole circuit?!

I was so excited by my good showing that i decided to do another race. This was a tougher lobby and I started waaay back. Talon was right there with me again, but I got stuck in a cluster of cars through turns 2-4, and I ended out taking Talon out at turn 4. I tried to leave room for us to go two (or three?) wide, but I was looking at the rear view mirror, the radar, and the track all at once and just didn’t negotiate the run well. I hung back to race with him after everyone else went on by, but dirty tires again gave him troubles at T6 and he quit. I’m sorry I took you out and ruined your race, @Talon16 ! I was going to send you a message but realized we weren’t PS friends, so instead I’ll call myself out here.

Thankfully I’m done this week. This was not a great week of racing for me, but I suppose it’s growing pains of a different sort. I need to work on consistency and precision and driving in a crowd.
No worries, sir. It was my 2 account anyway. That first one was fun. I started on the Hards so ya'll drove off, but after you pitted I knew it was going to be pretty close. It was fun battling while on worn Mediums with you on new Hards I knew it would be pretty even. Unfortunately, the Z4 that was behind me got on my inside at T2 and gave me a bump. It wasn't malicious, but regardless I went a little wide coming out of two and got the dirty tires. Then lost it coming out of the infield.

Second race, yea, we were doing some side-by-side through a difficult part of the track. Again, no worries. You're clean man. I saw you leaving space and the like. Probably wasn't smart to try and go for a move there. I was the attacking car so I should've just been more patient. But yea, the dirty tires are like driving on glass so I clipped the dirt and lost it. Didn't feel like driving the next 9.5 laps by myself in last so I bailed.

That was my first race C of the week and I just wanted to get some laps ont he Ford GT LM as I am planning on running that for Manu. I appreciate you waiting, but I know you're clean man and any contact between us is 100% an accident. So, you don't need to wait if it should ever happen again! I thought we were PS friends, but maybe not. I'll shoot you a request but, again, that was my 2 account so and most my 'friends' are on the 1 account is all.

Hey I'm going back to work in Sport mode. How can I get my driver level up to a higher rank? And how many races must I finish per day to increase my points? Setting a goal of getting a time under 1'25.000 at Atlanta
You gain points for your driver rating by beating other people, and lose them by losing to other people. That's pretty much it.

The more you beat in one race, the more points you get. You'll also get more points for beating people with higher ratings, and lose more for losing to people with lower ratings.

There's no requirement to finish any number of races per day, but be aware that if you quit any races you will lose points to everyone else in the race because you'll finish last.

Time to wrap up the week. Focused on Race B / Road Atlanta as I know the track well. QT 1:24,206 was good enough to keep most dirty driving behind me, starting races top 5 or even pole in A/A+ lobbies. Got a few victories and dozen top 5 finishes. Couple of last place finishes too, ofc, due to my own ability to mess things up. However, gained DR from low A to almost A+ so I'm very satisfied. Looking forward to next week!

Last edited:
The week at Monza in the McLaren P1 GTR. Knew I was going to do quite a bit of racing so decided to do some data collecting.

2023 WEEK 3 // DAILY RACE A // CREDIT REWARDS

1: 2nd / 17,174
2: 2nd / 25,761 (CRB)
3: 1st / 26,214
4: 1st / 39,321 (CRB)
5: 2nd / 25,671 (CRB)
6: 3rd / 23,049 (CRB)
7: 1st / 39,321 (CRB)
8: 4th / 13,559
9: 1st / 26,214
10: 2nd / 17,174
11: 3rd / 23,049 (CRB)
12: 2nd / 25,761 (CRB)
13: 3rd / 23,049 (CRB)
14: 5th / 18,982 (CRB)
15: 1st / 39,321 (CRB)
16: 2nd / 25,761 (CRB)
17: 3rd / 15,366
18: 2nd / 17,174
19: 2nd / 25,761 (CRB)
20: 2nd / 25,761 (CRB)
21: 1st / 26,214
22: 1st / 26,214
23: 1st / 39,321 (CRB)
24: 1st / 39,321 (CRB)
25: 2nd / 25,761 (CRB)
26: 2nd / 25,761 (CRB)
27: 4th / 13,559
28: 1st / 39,321 (CRB)
29: 2nd / 25,761 (CRB)
30: 1st / 26,214
31: 1st / 39,321 (CRB)
32: 5th / 18,982 (CRB)
33: 3rd / 23,049 (CRB)
34: 3rd / 23,049 (CRB)
35: 3rd / 15,366
36: 3rd / 23,049 (CRB)
37: 2nd / 25,761 (CRB)
38: 1st / 39,321 (CRB)
39: 2nd / 25,761 (CRB)
40: 1st / 39,321 (CRB)
41: 2nd / 25,761 (CRB)
42: 3rd / 15,366
43: 3rd / 23,049 (CRB)
44: 2nd / 25,761 (CRB)
45: 3rd / 23,049 (CRB)
46: 2nd / 17,174
47: 3rd / 23,049 (CRB)
48: 3rd / 23,049 (CRB)
49: 2nd / 25,761 (CRB)
50: 3rd / 23,049 (CRB)
51: 2nd / 25,761 (CRB)
52: 1st / 39,321 (CRB)
53: 2nd / 25,761 (CRB)
54: 1st / 39,321 (CRB)
55: 1st / 39,321 (CRB)
56: 3rd / 23,049 (CRB)
57: 4th / 20,338 (CRB)
58: 2nd / 25,761 (CRB)
59: 3rd / 23,049 (CRB)
60: 5th / 12,655

TOTAL EARNINGS: 1,527,061
CLEAN RACE BONUS: 45/60 (75%)

RACE INFO: 6 laps / ~10m 15s / ~36,7 kms
TOTAL LAPS: 360
TOTAL KMS: ~2,202 kms
TOTAL TIME SPENT: ~10 hours 15 min
POSITION STATS: 1st (17), 2nd (21), 3rd (16), 4th (3), 5th (3)

This week at Daily Race B comes to a close, and not a moment too soon for me. I never got the hang of this track, and raced almost the entire time on my secondary account.

However, this is the first week I raced without TCS, ASM, and CA. I know some people think that it doesn't make much difference with 4WD cars, and I'm here to tell you that yes, it does, both in plusses and minuses. Spun out more often, but got better times (marginally). Don't know if I'll try it in Gr.3 cars, though.

1674433819795.png

Details on how this information was obtained can be found here.

This week at Daily Race B comes to a close, and not a moment too soon for me. I never got the hang of this track, and raced almost the entire time on my secondary account.

However, this is the first week I raced without TCS, ASM, and CA. I know some people think that it doesn't make much difference with 4WD cars, and I'm here to tell you that yes, it does, both in plusses and minuses. Spun out more often, but got better times (marginally). Don't know if I'll try it in Gr.3 cars, though.

View attachment 1224867
Hey thanks for this Livery by the way I used it in race C,

Attachments

• PXL_20230122_193148617.jpg
    PXL_20230122_193148617.jpg
    197.3 KB · Views: 10
  • PXL_20230122_192621542.jpg
    PXL_20230122_192621542.jpg
    233.9 KB · Views: 10

View attachment 1224867
ngl I'm going to really miss the circuit. It jibes with me really well. I've found how to be quick there and the way the car reacts feels good. I'm sorry you didn't have as good of an experience, maybe next week will be better. It's like 4 laps at Le Mans, no Chicane. You're not going to want the Alfa tho.

For those looking for today's updates.
That will mean race A week for me. Great combo, at least "on paper". Laguna Seca will probably be a puntfest, as always. Maybe I'll try race C if I'm tired from work and need to take a nap. :D

Edit: Having watched the streamers for some minutes, race C seems to be quite interesting. Never judge a book by its cover, right?😇

Last edited:
Last week only did race A. It was chaotic but not as bad as I thought. Had a nice lap of 1.39.7 with literally like 15 min of practice. Sadly my racing was really poor and messy. Outbraked a few times and punted a Swede wide in one race, penalties, spins.. Yeah couldn't even win a race from pole, despite it was a slightly easier lobby 😓🤦 2 sec penalty hurt me in that last race I did.

I had a chance into the last corner on last lap in my third race, was on the outside of some UK driver, we went side by side, but by accident or purpose (?) he did not leave enough space and I had half of my left wheels on the grass, so I went almost fully spinning when I braked ofc. I was so full of anger that I did not save the replay for that but definitely his fault, whether it was accidental or not.

So P2-P6-P2. Should have got 1 win tbh, but not with that sloppy driving..

This week doing probably a bit of Daily A. Might do a Race C, just to see what type of weird slip race it will be. And maybe daily b, if I can get a half decent lap there. No clue yet which car to be on there. I know the McLaren, GT-R, Corvette, Viper are some of the faster straightline speed cars. Apparently some cars can work too hanging around in the slipstream.

Last edited:
Really nice to see the conditions for race C. Although i won't be doing it cuse i can't drive three feet in the wet in this game lol

Race A has my attention, butwe will see how it shakes out....

Back