GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 31,412 comments
PD got so freaked out by a few wall riders ruining their online competitions and overcorrected with the penalties. They seem to be driven by the optics of cheating rather than any principles at this point, especially in their big international celebrations of themselves, and rather than make a sensible adjustment (make a break in the walls, measure the length of time contact is actually made, etc.) they just react as if anyone touching a wall is a cheater and deserves to be punished. Meanwhile they don’t give a damn about punishing the real cheaters who are blasting people off the roads and into walls in every single race. It’s absurd. They’d rather make a very public display about punishing a few cheaters in a rare circumstance, and then ignore that they’ve created a bogus penalty system that allows the vast majority of real cheating to go unpunished while at the same time penalizing the victims. Hey PD, how about the “optics” of these races sucking eggs?!?! If they truly cared about sportsmanship, they’d make sure that there’d be consequences for all the cheating and not just a few rare situations.
Yeah it seems to me that PD only care about the top 0.5% of the player base and make changes and cater to their needs while the other 99.5% of the player base ed up suffering the consequences.

After that wall riding fiasco wasn't that when PD also changed the damage model to where barely glancing the wall would destroy your motor and send you into limp mode for 30 seconds? That sure was fun to deal with every time you got punted off track!

Yeah it seems to me that PD only care about the top 0.5% of the player base and make changes and cater to their needs while the other 99.5% of the player base ed up suffering the consequences.

After that wall riding fiasco wasn't that when PD also changed the damage model to where barely glancing the wall would destroy your motor and send you into limp mode for 30 seconds? That sure was fun to deal with every time you got punted off track!
It really does feel this way doesn't it? I don't think it's the top .5% but it's some extremely small percentage of the player base. As I get faster and my DR goes up the racing is getting better, slowly. It's just frustrating to know that if a contact penalty system actually existed it could be good from like DR C up. As it is now you have to get into the top like 5% of the player base to have a chance at decent racing. It really shouldn't be like that.

Race C is funnier than I first thought. Using the Viper from the back, it's pretty good overall (Veyron is faster on the Mulsanne straight, but I find the Viper better on the other sectors). Lots of carnage on the brake point after the Mulsanne, so starting from the back is a safe bet and allows wins/podiums.
I usually hate racing on Gr4 but I'm pretty surprised. The dynamic weather also adds a bit of tension which is amazing.

Last edited:
Man, that Cossie drives amazing. Was a bit wary of it on Comforts but nope, it's a dream to whip around.

Currently on a 1:26.0 which is 6th overall, but it's still early days so if I don't improve it I imagine it will end up around 60-70th. Still good though lol.
Yes, it's great fun. You have to grab it by the horns and throw it around, but still have to drive as smoothly as possible through certain turns.

I was almost happy with my Q time for a moment, seemed like a good lap in my #lunchbreakracing. Until I saw what you did there. 🤯👽

Well I raced B and C for several hours last night to finish off last week and well it sucked; my DR got a beating. I got murdered by punters and wall penalties. More wonderful examples of being punted into the wall and then hitting the gravel trap to lose 18 seconds only then to gain a 1.5 second penalty for hitting the wall. The person behind me got off Scott free. I learned that PS5 chat will not allow you to call someone an a-hole post race. LOL.

I most races I've noticed a trend. I put in a strong qualifying time (for me) at some point but trying out different cars for fun, those just aren't a quick so now I get a top 6 initial position but I can't keep up and slip down into the later half. Or I keep with the WXR in B, work my way to 2nd or 3rd, then get hit and end up near the rear.

C was better, and I was in 3rd crossing the line only to find I got a 1 minute penalty. I was like why, I timed by pits wells. Then I realized. I switch strategy to start with medium and then switch to hard, but I put on mediums at the pit, forgetting that! Up unto that point I was starting on hard for 2/3 laps then switching to mediums. That was working pretty well but the initial laps I did not have the pace to pull away from the fray so it was more chaotic until I pitted and then had clean track. With the medium start, I was able to have a clean start, make up ground and then continue to have clean track post pit, excepting for the pit tire error. After that it went down hill in later races to I gave up for the night.

Now to this weeks races! Dynamic weather!

Last edited:
Wanted to try and set a good B time using the Viper but uh, it appears to take flight at the corkscrew. So that's not ideal.

390aaa03576c222e37eb908a807146b5_photo.jpg

I'm a terrible cheat, they should ban me 🙈

I thought there was about to be a big crash behind me so took the escape road, I didn't expect for it to work out like that. I promise to not do it again!

To be fair, that was excellent.

Daily Race C has finally lured me out of my self-enforced online racing hibernation.

Tried 3 races with the Veyron, Supra and the Viper respectively. The Veyron is OP down the Mulsanne and for a qualifying lap, but I find the handling doesn‘t translate too well in close traffic. Or maybe I was just shaking off the rust. I finished P12 from P5 on the grid, so probably the latter…

My Supra race was compromised by the wrong tyre choice (radar showed wet, so I went with Inters, but it dried up after a lap) and the car is just sooo slow in a straight line.

Viper is the best all-rounder IMO, second-fastest on the straights but a bit nicer everywhere else. I was in the lead group but was the victim of some unfortunate mutual bump drafting and finished P7. Spotty online connections are definitely more dangerous than any dodgy driving maneuvre in this race.

I‘ll probably give the Ferrari a try later. Lacks a bit of straightline speed vs the Viper but handled quite nicely from a brief excursion.

I also saw Kie and others go off about four or five times at Indianapolis in the Veyron. That corner is terrible to drive with the Bugatti, I think you need to get the trail braking just right or you’re paying a nice visit to the French countryside. Ruined multiple quali laps for me…

Did anyone have a full wet race yet? Because as it is, I think it might just be better to stick it out on the Softs for the brief shower than bleed 10s/lap on a drying track with Inters.

Last edited:
Did anyone have a full wet race yet? Because as it is, I think it might just be better to stick it out on the Softs for the brief shower than bleed 10s/lap on a drying track with Inters.
Have not done this week's C race yet but I m curious on wet/inter strategy. Say you've gone to full wets but it stops raining but the track wetness gauge is still over 50%, at what point to you switch to a different tire? Would you go from full wets to a soft, or if it does not look like it will dry up for a while, go with inters?

Back