GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 30,121 comments
Have not done this week's C race yet but I m curious on wet/inter strategy. Say you've gone to full wets but it stops raining but the track wetness gauge is still over 50%, at what point to you switch to a different tire? Would you go from full wets to a soft, or if it does not look like it will dry up for a while, go with inters?
Keep an eye on that surface water graph, and use the two markings on it as the suggested soft-inter and inter-wet changeover points.

Wanted to try and set a good B time using the Viper but uh, it appears to take flight at the corkscrew. So that's not ideal.

390aaa03576c222e37eb908a807146b5_photo.jpg
The photographer must have some balls...😆

Can I have Road Atlanta back please and thank you?
I've given Race C a shot and decided I hate variable weather with no forecast. I'm not setting a time b/c I know I'm not going to compete for wins so start from the back and have fun.
Except that both times the race started wet wet and I was on slicks and I was 15 seconds behind next to last by Tetre Rouge lolol

Laguna Seca is a circuit I loathe as well, just never liked it and can't get it. So this week is a "live vicariously through all y'all" and play something else

I'm a terrible cheat, they should ban me 🙈

I thought there was about to be a big crash behind me so took the escape road, I didn't expect for it to work out like that. I promise to not do it again!

I was watching the livestream - wondered where you got that sudden power boost from! Now I know...

Daily C……… Well PD finally added some Dynamic Weather, who would have thought that would see the day?

Any did a couple of races today and i can honestly see this race wearing thin in me soon. My gripe with race is the Mulsanne Straight. In my lobbies so far some people don’t understand the slipstream effect or bump drafting. I’ve seen people fighting for positions on lap 1 by trying to weave down the straight and break tow, or they decide to not bump draft and try an overtakes.

Dynamic weather so far been a bit poor from what I’ve seen. I get we will not get rain ever session but the rain that does come is poor.
Two main problems.
1. Weather Speed - that weather moves fast! The rain hits and then 10 seconds later it gone. Also the weather likes to appear on the radar but does a great job of avoiding the track.
2. Length of the lap and pit lane loss - due to the speed of the weather, the pit lane loss and how long a lap is, if you see rain, they is literally no point in pitting. By the time you pitted and got halfway round a lap, the track has dried up and then you’re on the wrong tyre.

Now I have been lucky in one of my races and starting on inters was the right call but at the end of the Mulsaane straight the rain stopped, and the track was still wet to cause the dry runners to go off track and I ended up in P3 from the back, but by the time I had pitted on the 1st lap I was down in P12.

Right now I think this is the worst combo to test dynamic weather. Red Bull Ring would have been perfect to test this with it been a short lap and pit lose time not too bad either.

Daily C……… Well PD finally added some Dynamic Weather, who would have thought that would see the day?

Any did a couple of races today and i can honestly see this race wearing thin in me soon. My gripe with race is the Mulsanne Straight. In my lobbies so far some people don’t understand the slipstream effect or bump drafting. I’ve seen people fighting for positions on lap 1 by trying to weave down the straight and break tow, or they decide to not bump draft and try an overtakes.

Dynamic weather so far been a bit poor from what I’ve seen. I get we will not get rain ever session but the rain that does come is poor.
Two main problems.
1. Weather Speed - that weather moves fast! The rain hits and then 10 seconds later it gone. Also the weather likes to appear on the radar but does a great job of avoiding the track.
2. Length of the lap and pit lane loss - due to the speed of the weather, the pit lane loss and how long a lap is, if you see rain, they is literally no point in pitting. By the time you pitted and got halfway round a lap, the track has dried up and then you’re on the wrong tyre.

Now I have been lucky in one of my races and starting on inters was the right call but at the end of the Mulsaane straight the rain stopped, and the track was still wet to cause the dry runners to go off track and I ended up in P3 from the back, but by the time I had pitted on the 1st lap I was down in P12.

Right now I think this is the worst combo to test dynamic weather. Red Bull Ring would have been perfect to test this with it been a short lap and pit lose time not too bad either.

I agree it's a weird one for them to jump into. I feel like it's not going to get as good of a reaction as it should, and it might scare them away from trying it again in the future.

Tsukuba in the MX5's would've been a really fun combination for it I think (though that might be some of my bias showing), but pretty much any track where the laps aren't more than 2 minutes would've worked fine.

Is it just me or are races on long tracks with Gr4 cars just not nearly as fun? I suppose the rain will help spice this one up though.

I was the big winner in the tire lottery with the Ferrari. :D At the end of lap 3 it started to rain. I was in P1 with 2 seconds to the guy behind me. The water graph was slightly above the mark for inters. According to the radar there should be some more rain but only for a short time. I wasn't sure to change tires. Finally i went to pits. I came out at P7 with 22 seconds behind the leader. At the start of Mulsanne straight there were only 12 seconds left. A lot of opponents spun out at the turn at end of Mulsanne. At Indianapolis the two leaders spun out and I got back in P1. Meanwhile the rain stopped. The graph was at the end of lap 4 slight above the first marker. I had 10 seconds advantage for the last lap. The track tried but inters still worked good. Only 2 drivers changed tires and they finished 1st and 2nd.

There is also a bit luck needed.

Last edited:
Laguna Seca is a circuit I loathe as well, just never liked it and can't get it. So this week is a "live vicariously through all y'all" and play something else
I like road atlanta, but I also really like Laguna. I'm pretty excited to have it as Race B this week :) You can live through me, I'm only a B racer, but I'll do my best. I think this week is going to be more about keeping it clean than pushing pushing pushing.

Man, that Cossie drives amazing. Was a bit wary of it on Comforts but nope, it's a dream to whip around.

Currently on a 1:26.0 which is 6th overall, but it's still early days so if I don't improve it I imagine it will end up around 60-70th. Still good though lol.
Best combo ever. Most fun I ever had in qualifying. And got my Q time down to 1:26:5. Not at your alien level, but I'm quite happy with that. In the top 50 at the moment. Hooray!😆

This isn't footage from an upcoming crash, but from my fastest lap:

Bus stop:
C64F86F2-CE56-4C93-98EF-597104123935.jpeg

Penultimate corner, sideways, 150 km/h:
8B74DCC4-D939-4F58-9460-93D8CBFD41F6.jpeg

I love it :D

Best combo ever. Most fun I ever had in qualifying. And got my Q time down to 1:26:5. Not at your alien level, but I'm quite happy with that. In the top 50 at the moment. Hooray!😆

Bus stop:
View attachment 1225038

View attachment 1225039

Power sliding around corners? 👍

Never really raced at Laguna. Gonna be a learning curve. Can't be consistant right now. Barely string 3 laps together so staying clear of the race till thats sorted out. Not sure I really like the track at this moment. A lot of the corner bar the corkscrew look the same to me.

Race C could be interesting but depends on the weather and also the rest of the field.

I did a few Daily A races earlier today.
Was quite good, managed to get a qualifying time to put me 2nd in 3 races. 1.28*** think there is a 1.27 in there. 2 races I had a potential for a win. But 1 the guy in the lead spun out T1 I had nowhere to go. Got in 3rd caught up and managed to keep the lead for a win. I got a track limit penalty on the last turn. Did think was enough room to put the car over the white line. Other race me and 1st had a close battle for 2 laps. T1 3rd guy punted me, causing me to punt 1st place. Both us went off giving us a penalty while 3rd place ran away Scott free. Definitely enjoying the Rs500 on the CS tyres.

Is the Mustang a decent car for race C? I don't think I've seen it mentioned yet. If not, what car is best for this race? Or is it just stay in the slip and hope for the best? Also, how dynamic is the weather? Are there all rain races? No rain races? Half and half races?

Sorry for all the questions, I don't want to enter and be completely off guard on what's going to happen in the race.

Anyone know why the daily races never seem to use RS tires? Wouldn't it be fun to have a Race B (no tire wear) on RS tires?
Well then someone is a fan of you, it was really done well though
You're right - that's even the same font I use! I hadn't noticed it.
I learned that PS5 chat will not allow you to call someone an a-hole post race.
They will, however, let you call them iceholes. Works for me! (Not that I engage in the chat anymore, though.)

Heard kie25 say on a stream many months ago they didn't do dynamic weather cause it affected the time trial too... Guess he was right and they still haven't fixed it. What a joke. Have to restart it until you get the best weather. Something to remember for all other time trials too, as even though there is no rain, track temps seem to be slightly variable too. Such poor coding.
Two main problems.
This summarises the problems nicely.

The pit lane loss goes for races with tyre wear and high fuel rates too. Can't remember any races where a one stop for fuel or tyres was better than fuel saving or driving the harder compound and saving tyres. Pit loss needs to be dynamic and fine-tuned for the specific race to allow for more than one optimal strategy.

The way race c is now the statistically best option is always to just stay on racing softs. Seems extremely unlikely that you get a race where it's wet enough for long enough that it pays to go onto other tyres.

Looking forward to Race B. Love Laguna and have been on track there irl.

Gonna try Le Mans, but I don’t understand how to read the weather map. Can someone explain it?

Or is the strategy just to go for softs as the pit stop loss is too much and it’ll be dry for enough of the race?

Is the Mustang a decent car for race C? I don't think I've seen it mentioned yet. If not, what car is best for this race? Or is it just stay in the slip and hope for the best? Also, how dynamic is the weather? Are there all rain races? No rain races? Half and half races?

Sorry for all the questions, I don't want to enter and be completely off guard on what's going to happen in the race.
I've done 3 thus far. One started very wet and I quit before I finished the Mulsanne because I was 20 seconds down on softs.
The second started wetish, I started on inters. Finished in 10th or something after starting 2nd because I suck.
Third was dry all the way through. Started 3rd finished nowhere because I turned it off because someone was punting everyone right and left.

Probs not doing any more this week. I find qualifying boring as heck and the racing isn't all that much better tbh.
The Bugatti is what people are using as the meta car. Highest top speed, isn't bad getting there, and isn't an absolute dog in the corners.

Bump drafting will be key to finishing well but for that to work you've got to have people around you who are interested and willing to do that instead of just flying around you and then bogging down 1.5 seconds up the road.

If that's your idea of fun (while also having random weather that you can't stop for tires for because it's short bursts OR the circuit gets dry with a lap and a half to go) have at it. I'm playing Dark Souls this week lol

I've seen Bugatti, Viper, Vette, and GT-R doing well. Haven't seen a single Mustang. Ferrari is also good

edit:
Heard kie25 say on a stream many months ago they didn't do dynamic weather cause it affected the time trial too... Guess he was right and they still haven't fixed it. What a joke. Have to restart it until you get the best weather. Something to remember for all other time trials too, as even though there is no rain, track temps seem to be slightly variable too. Such poor coding.

This summarises the problems nicely.

The pit lane loss goes for races with tyre wear and high fuel rates too. Can't remember any races where a one stop for fuel or tyres was better than fuel saving or driving the harder compound and saving tyres. Pit loss needs to be dynamic and fine-tuned for the specific race to allow for more than one optimal strategy.

The way race c is now the statistically best option is always to just stay on racing softs. Seems extremely unlikely that you get a race where it's wet enough for long enough that it pays to go onto other tyres.
I did notice if you get into the lobby right away you can "practice" which will tell you what the weather is actually doing as well as how wet the track is. So then quickly hit "exit" and go back to the waiting room and swap to whatever tires you think is needed. I think starting either Softs or Inters as needed is the way to go. No point in any of the harder compounds and it's really "wet enough for inters with weather sticking around" or "go softs and pray"

Neither of which are that appealing tbh

Last edited:
Been trying Laguna Seca:

People are all driving 911 RSRs but they seem to be regulars at spinning off the track. Haven't tried it yet as sticking with my trusty M6.

Also, really hard to gauge where everybody is going to slow down at the corkscrew so in my case I get it too late, knock someone off, get bumped into, and get a five second penalty. Muggins would then forget while taking that penalty he was on the racing line causing a Nissan and Alfa to swerve wildly when he went solid. Ooops.

(best effort from the evening)

Last edited:
Anyone know why the daily races never seem to use RS tires? Wouldn't it be fun to have a Race B (no tire wear) on RS tires?

You're right - that's even the same font I use! I hadn't noticed it.

They will, however, let you call them iceholes. Works for me! (Not that I engage in the chat anymore, though.)
Race C uses RS on a somewhat regular occurrence.

Bus stop:
View attachment 1225038

View attachment 1225039

Agreed too :D The Sierra is a joy to drive :embarrassed:

Got a almost easy victory half an hour ago; started in pole I was cruising until somebody enjoying the Sierra much better than me decided to wake me up from the slumber and I almost screwed up at the last corner :P

I agree it's a weird one for them to jump into. I feel like it's not going to get as good of a reaction as it should, and it might scare them away from trying it again in the future.

Tsukuba in the MX5's would've been a really fun combination for it I think (though that might be some of my bias showing), but pretty much any track where the laps aren't more than 2 minutes would've worked fine.
They could have used Tokyo! Everyone has lots of practice in that one!!! 🤪

Any reason not to use softs in Race C?
Supra seems a good pace but I frogto to change from meds and got smoked by a couple of ferrari's.
Softs seems the way to go, ignoring the rain as it doesn't seem to last long enough to bother changing.

Back