GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 31,307 comments
They can remove the PP from the equation, just use weight and HP. Then all the cars with the same drivetrain will be viable
Yes, I do not understand what they are trying to do with adding PP on top of weight and HP. That aside, I am super stoked to get tuning in Race C. I despise adapting my driving to a car, I want to bring the car to me. The ability to do that is a massive part of racing that gets completely ignored in the BOP/No Tuning races. If you look at real racing series, every driver will have their own tune that differs slightly even from their teammates. They don't throw a driver in a car and tell them to "deal with it".

Yeah not gone at all, unfortunately. Just needs different things messed with. There's still some big instabilities in the equation that tanks the rating.
Guess we'll see. Either way if there turns out to be an exploit this race will make it very well known and hopefully force PD to change things like they did before (even though the fixes probably weren't the best).

Power and weight are restricted, so I guess it depends on if there's a way to reduce PP which lets you have the softest tyres and as much aero as desired which you wouldn't otherwise be able to

Last edited:
I've given C a few runs but no amount of racing will make up for 25% of the lap being me pretending to be on SSRX. Couldn't be less appealing to me.

I don't really think its DR related - more so just if it doesn't click with you then it feels a bit naff. The track is too much nothing for such slow cars.

Pretty much this for me as well. Reminds me a bit of the Daytona GR4 race a few weeks back. There was just that one long section on the oval and it just felt like molasses.

The Sylvia race next week looks cool.

Used the Beetle for two attempts at Daily Race B. And finished 8th both times.
I've really wanted to use the Beetle a bunch of times - it's such a fun car. And some people manage to be competitive with it, but unfortunately not me. Good luck to you, though!

If you're DR D, then the car matters less than what you feel comfortable with, and can drive consistently. I'm not saying the car doesn't matter at all - a really slow car will almost always hurt. But honestly, if you can drive the track relatively consistently, and manage to stay out of the sand/gravel/grass, then at Laguna that probably means a decent finish. And if idiots want to go faster, let them go. You'll probably see them in the sand later on. :lol:

The first lap of tees race were a demolition derby to say the least (I’m DR D).
The DR D races are entertaining and frustrating at the same time. Nice to meet another crap :) DR D racer in this thread that is hanging out with these DR A/A+ gods...

I swear to god I'm going to finish this week as D/D if things keep progressing like they are. I started the week at B/S lolol
I love Le Mans but oof I'm bad at not getting track cutting penalties.

Had a few more great races today, got taken out by a guy who apologized immediately and waited for me, we carved up through the field semi-together finishing 6 and 7 instead of the 5-6 that we were when we wrecked.
Watched the replay, complete and total accident, we were both cordial and apologetic post race. Good Times.

(Race C) Elated to announce that I've reached DR:B! It was almost going to be in a great fashion as I had taken lead for first time ever in an online GT7 event (I am new to GT7 and to online racing) but unfortunately one SR:B guy punted me hard three(!) times, one each in three different laps, so I could only finish 5th. At least that guy apologized to me post-race when I called him out.

Stoked to see if the next race onward changes to better now that I'm DR:B/SR:S!

Attendance at Race B is very low, as a mid B with SR S I got stuck in a lobby with almost all A and A+. Not much fun when you are trying to stay out of their way and no chance to pass. Positions gained are strictly due to wipeouts. The only other B driver started in last place and decided to go into the pits for a coffee on lap 4.

Has this been the week with the most amount of variety among viable vehicles for the Group 4 Daily? I think it is.
Veyron, Viper, Vette, and GT-R have all been to the top of the board in lobbies I'm in. And to think all it took to break the 4WD stranglehold was a 3.7 mile (6km) long straightaway. Honorable mention to the straight between Mulsanne Corner and Indianapolis.

Too bad there are literally zero other circuits in the world where this can happen. I've had a great time with the Viper and Vette, quickly settled into liking the Viper more, I like how the gear ratios are setup better. Maybe we'll meet again in 12 months though hopefully PD does something for Le Mans 2023.

I really think they would be well served to throw out dailies that somewhat line up with what the world of sports car racing is doing in real life. Like this week could have been Daytona Road Course. In May Nurburgring Combined. June Le Mans, July Spa, Road Atlanta in October

Just a fun thing I think they could have done.

Today has been really interesting at Laguna. First of all, I gained 20 DR points, and I'm back up to a high DR B, at almost 85%. I'm also back at SR S.

I've been hit a bunch of times, and each time I got hit in a way that normally would have trashed me, it was the other driver who paid the price. It was amazing - like I was driving a tank or something. I think part of it speaks to how under control I drove today (please don't let that be "famous last words"), so when I got hit, I wasn't right on the bleeding edge, and it didn't bin me.

Or maybe I just got lucky. I'll take that, too.

For the last 3 races, I checked the replay for each bump that trashed someone, and none of them were my fault. Just other people forgetting that I was on the track also, or just not caring. I know there's one guy who wouldn't agree with me, but if he checked the replay objectively, he'd see bumped me, causing me to spin slightly and hit him.

To be completely honest, I'm pretty sure I binned a few cars in the first race of the day. But after that, I was a good boy. Or at least, that's how I remember it. If anyone remembers it differently, let me know. Or don't, and let me be delusional! :boggled:

I did 2 more races at LeMans this evening. No improvement to my qualifying time as I only did a few laps of practice. Again, no rain in either race so no real strategy other than go fast.

Race 1 had me in a big boy room with a bunch of A+/A drivers with me in P13. Which starts me in the middle of a chicane and it's a mess. To add to my mess I get 2 seconds worth of off track penalties. I run the race by myself and thanks to some rage quits I finish P11.

Race 2 is mostly the same lobby, buy with me in P8. I miss the draft train with a terrible Tertre Rouge entry and exit and they all just drive away. So, again, I run the race by myself. I did get caught on lap 3 by 2 Bugatti drivers that flew by me and fell to P10. I did get past one of them for P9. One of the front runners quit and I come home in P8. But not before cutting the Corvette corner so far on the inside, my entire car was there. No idea why I did that.

Kind of a boring day of racing. You can't do much by yourself as I was all night. Oh well, still a fun track to race on. It's probably going to end my week as well as I think I'll be the same lobbies as tonight. Still undecided with that. But, I will not be racing next week as nothing interests me. Deep Forest might be fine, but I can bet it will be dive-bomb city and I don't want any part of that.

(Race C) Elated to announce that I've reached DR:B! …

Stoked to see if the next race onward changes to better now that I'm DR:B/SR:S!
I take it back. DR:B are too good for me. Way more faster and consistent. I was happy when I fell back to DR:C 😅
First race back in DR:C at Race C Le Mans also saw probably the closest finish this forum has seen. We were blessed with rare rain at start and at end, ending several days long streak of dry race and resulted in this incredibly close race.
43074B5B-CE5D-4CBC-8D26-1DD6F0D80F47.jpeg

Last edited:
did a couple of Race C tonight. First rave was rain free and just over cast. It was clean with no drama, though during the race I did have a weird off that caused me to lose about 15 seconds. Otherwise I would have been in top 4. I gained two spots in the end.

Second race was raining in warm up and I was going to start on IW but messed up and started on soft. However race start was sunny and dry! How'd that happen? Glad I was on RS. Anyway, half way through the lap the skies opened and things got tricky. Indianapolis was kind to me and carnage ensued and I threaded through it too go 6th to 1st.

The radar indicated that the rain had set in. So I pitted for IW, however in the end the rain lasted for just another 1/2 lap and by end of second lap a dry line had formed. I should have stayed on softs. I made up time on lap two but after that the advantage was to the cars on softs. I held on, not pitting again and ended up 9th, where I started.

There's a certain rhythm that the GR.4's get into because of their pace that I find really enjoyable, even at Le Mans it's like hitting that perfect line is very satisfying, especially through the porsche curves but timing it right into and out of mulsanne corner and down through Indy as well is just as fun.

I don't know, I get the complaints but I really don't mind it. Using the mulsanne to check the weather, check the times ahead and behind and take in some of the scenery is interesting enough for me.

I had an outstanding race with you earlier. Great fun.

In the next one I pushed you out of track. But I did wait and apologize
I remember those! Definitely great fun, you're a great person to race with. I remember the "push", it really wasn't a big deal it was a complete racing incident. We were all trying to fit our cars into a small space and I know I got caught up in the moment and didn't do my best work keeping my car safe.

You also didn't need to wait up. I sincerely appreciated it but totally unnecessary. If I'm remembering right I tried to push you back up to speed but for some reason wasn't working well. Anyways, thanks for the great racing!

Generally I don't like Laguna Seca, but I haven't done enough Sport Mode races yet and I've had a lot of clean races and top-half finishes there this week.

And then a 4s penalty just now - after being smacked wide out of three corners in two laps without any punishment - for being hit at the inside of Corkscrew entry by yet another divebomber, into a car that was already running wide there, and then the inside car coming across my nose to hit the outside car on the right-hander and both running off the track.

🤷‍♂️

Anyone know what figures I'm shooting for in the Sylvia? I'm using HP and LBs. Have bought a couple of Sylvia's and have them tuned to 599 PP and the right lbs but guessing under 354ish HP?

Daily Races for next week (30/01/2023):
A - Lago Maggiore - West End Reverse / BAC Mono '16 BoP (6 Laps, 1x Tyre/Fuel, RH)
B - Deep Forest / Gr.4 (5 Laps, 1x Tyre/Fuel, RM)
C - Suzuka / Silvia Race - Tuning allowed - <600 PP, <350 PS, >1000Kg - 7 Laps / Any Sport Tyre / 1x/1x - Cars allowed Q's (S13) '88 K's Dia Selection (S13) '90 K's Type S (S14) '94 180SX Type X '96 K's Aero (S14) '96 Sileighty '98 spec-R Aero (S15) '02
bunk.gif

I know how much quitting a race hurts my DR. As far as I can tell, it's usually between 5-8%, depending on the field. So I usually try to stick it out. People will drop out, and finishing the race will inevitably have a lower impact on my DR than just DNFing.

But sometimes it's just too disheartening to continue, especially when:
  1. You get binned on the first lap, and it knocks you to last place. (Someone felt responsible and waited for me, so technically this time it wasn't DFL. I felt bad for the guy, because it wasn't really his fault.)
  2. You try to catch up, but you suddenly can't drive worth ****, and can't stay on the track.
  3. You end up 25 seconds behind P14, by the start of lap 3.
So sometimes, you just have to say "**** it" and go do something else for awhile. Which is exactly what I did a little while ago.

Has anyone else's Daily Race Cs completely dried up? I've ran it 5 time since yesterday and it's lightly sprinkled about 10 seconds total across all races. Kind of a boring race without weather to be honest.
I had one dry race and two wet races (for one lap only) last night.

But sometimes it's just too disheartening to continue, especially when:
  1. You get binned on the first lap, and it knocks you to last place. (Someone felt responsible and waited for me, so technically this time it wasn't DFL. I felt bad for the guy, because it wasn't really his fault.)
  2. You try to catch up, but you suddenly can't drive worth ****, and can't stay on the track.
  3. You end up 25 seconds behind P14, by the start of lap 3.
Welcome to my world! LOL.

Has anyone else's Daily Race Cs completely dried up? I've ran it 5 time since yesterday and it's lightly sprinkled about 10 seconds total across all races. Kind of a boring race without weather to be honest.
I did 7-8 races so far, none had real rain, one was slippery (wetness above first bar). Pity, would like a wet race.

Back