GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 31,478 comments
You get a wild starting list when you play at 1:30am central time lol. Race A had a starting list from DR A+ to DR E.

DC6221D2-FEF1-4A0F-8238-319512A3E666.jpeg

Last edited:
I suspect that the amount of rain is related to the DR of the lobby. The higher the Far the more likely it will rain.
But only anecdotal evidence
You're assuming PD put more than 5 minutes thought into it, fair play :lol:

Yes, finally nabbed one! Kudos to those finding it easy at Le Mans, I've had some pretty tough battles to get even top 5 so this was worth celebrating

FnlZjqaXgAA1zBx.jpg

It's been feast or famine for me at race B at Laguna this week. I either crash all on my own (sausage curbs can **** off), get taken out in various ways or get a podium. My 1:21:6xx is 'ok' in the high B, low A lobbies I'm in.

I did get my 2nd ever GT7 win in the early Saturday morning lobbies after a dismal Friday night. Overall, down a little DR from 15 or so races this week.

winafc002gt7.jpg

Last edited:
I know how much quitting a race hurts my DR. As far as I can tell, it's usually between 5-8%, depending on the field. So I usually try to stick it out. People will drop out, and finishing the race will inevitably have a lower impact on my DR than just DNFing.

But sometimes it's just too disheartening to continue, especially when:
  1. You get binned on the first lap, and it knocks you to last place. (Someone felt responsible and waited for me, so technically this time it wasn't DFL. I felt bad for the guy, because it wasn't really his fault.)
  2. You try to catch up, but you suddenly can't drive worth ****, and can't stay on the track.
  3. You end up 25 seconds behind P14, by the start of lap 3.
So sometimes, you just have to say "**** it" and go do something else for awhile. Which is exactly what I did a little while ago.
Good News! There's a real life race currently going on at Daytona for the next... 20ish hours or so! That's where I'm spending my time with a screen this weekend.

Was doing manufactures today and the standard of driving was poor I thought.
Now I thought I was driving pretty clean the Porsche at the end obviously didn’t think so and just punted me straight off.

Hoping someone can advise if this was dirty from me? Or dirty from the other drivers? I’m in the Aston.

Clip is long but the White/gold Porsche livery car battle lasted for 4/5 laps

Apologies for putting GTWS stuff in the Daily thread but I know not everyone visits the other thread.

Anyone do any build practice for Race C yet? I'm super excited for everyone to take what they have to the track and square it off, those first few days will be good fun as everyone figures it out.

I'm praying there's no outlandish exploit that lets you have something absurdly overpowered, but.. we'll see. I'm planning to avoid engine swaps for mine, I hope there's a chance in hell it can still be a competitive build.

Last edited:
Anyone do any build practice for Race C yet? I'm super excited for everyone to take what they have to the track and square it off, those first few days will be good fun as everyone figures it out.

I'm praying there's no outlandish exploit that lets you have something absurdly overpowered, but.. we'll see. I'm planning to avoid engine swaps for mine, I hope there's a chance in hell it can still be a competitive build.

I built two Sylvia's and they both suck lol. What are the requirements in English measurements?

Made a mistake at the start of Laguna, and it devolved into something fairly nasty, but it requires an explanation.

A couple of races before, a driver who will not be named binned me as we finished lap 1 or 2 (I can't remember). It was totally intentional, as he bumped me from behind once right before. Clearly intentional.

So in this new lobby, I saw he had the position right behind me. I texted and called him dirty. Then, just as the 3-second countdown was starting, he exited the race.

So coming into T1 of Lap 1, I normally take the inside and slow down early, just so I'm not part of a pileup. If the situation allows, I might pass someone on the inside, but only if its there.

Well, this time I was thinking about the guy who left, and the new guy behind me who binned me right at the finish line last race. It was intentional although he was going to beat me to the finish line, so it didn't really matter. Still, it was tacky.

Anyway, that's what I was thinking about as we came into T1 of Lap 1. I was NOT thinking about braking early, like I should have. I came into the first corner too hot, and I bumped someone. It's possible I knocked him off the track - it's hard to tell when you're going around the corner.

Later on in the race he told me I should know better, since I was GTP. I told him it was a mistake, that I came in too hot. He said "You didn't wait", which was true, but as I said, I didn't realize I knocked him off the track - I just thought it was a bump, and there's 10 cars around us right then, and to wait would have been disastrous. So I said "Um... no."

I repeated it was a mistake. He said I make a lot of mistakes. I said I'm "DR B, not A or A+". Yes, I make mistakes. He didn't let it go, and a couple of other people started to chime in, just to be obnoxious. Telling him he should get me back.

Listen, I'll be the first to admit I'm not perfect. But I've never been called out like this. The "You should know better" trip. As if I'm not allowed to make mistakes because I'm a member of GTP. I have no idea if the guy who called me out is a member of this forum or not.

But to him and anyone else who has a problem with the way I drive, eat a bag of *****. People make mistakes. If you don't like that, race against the AI. They only do what they're programmed to do. The rest of us? We're trying to make sense of a bunch of cars close together and deal with what happens when somebody else makes a mistake, all in split seconds. Sometimes we do it right. Sometimes we don't. That's life.

EDIT: By the way, he knew I was GTP because my livery has gtplanet on the front of the car, and the underside of the spoiler. Here's some pics.

Last edited:
Made a mistake at the start of Laguna, and it devolved into something fairly nasty, but it requires an explanation.

A couple of races before, a driver who will not be named binned me as we finished lap 1 or 2 (I can't remember). It was totally intentional, as he bumped me from behind once right before. Clearly intentional.

So in this new lobby, I saw he had the position right behind me. I texted and called him dirty. Then, just as the 3-second countdown was starting, he exited the race.

So coming into T1 of Lap 1, I normally take the inside and slow down early, just so I'm not part of a pileup. If the situation allows, I might pass someone on the inside, but only if its there.

Well, this time I was thinking about the guy who left, and the new guy behind me who binned me right at the finish line last race. It was intentional although he was going to beat me to the finish line, so it didn't really matter. Still, it was tacky.

Anyway, that's what I was thinking about as we came into T1 of Lap 1. I was NOT thinking about braking early, like I should have. I came into the first corner too hot, and I bumped someone. It's possible I knocked him off the track - it's hard to tell when you're going around the corner.

Later on in the race he told me I should know better, since I was GTP. I told him it was a mistake, that I came in too hot. He said "You didn't wait", which was true, but as I said, I didn't realize I knocked him off the track - I just thought it was a bump, and there's 10 cars around us right then, and to wait would have been disastrous. So I said "Um... no."

I repeated it was a mistake. He said I make a lot of mistakes. I said I'm "DR B, not A or A+". Yes, I make mistakes. He didn't let it go, and a couple of other people started to chime in, just to be obnoxious. Telling him he should get me back.

Listen, I'll be the first to admit I'm not perfect. But I've never been called out like this. The "You should know better" trip. As if I'm not allowed to make mistakes because I'm a member of GTP. I have no idea if the guy who called me out is a member of this forum or not.

But to him and anyone else who has a problem with the way I drive, eat a bag of *****. People make mistakes. If you don't like that, race against the AI. They only do what they're programmed to do. The rest of us? We're trying to make sense of a bunch of cars close together and deal with what happens when somebody else makes a mistake, all in split seconds. Sometimes we do it right. Sometimes we don't. That's life.
How'd he know you was GTP?

It was totally intentional, as he bumped me from behind once right before. Clearly intentional.
This may sound trite but have you been checking replays to make sure that's the case? It's very easy to start putting together lists of slights against us from our little tin box when if you'd had a look back actually they weren't slights at all.

I'm going to assume you have but just in case this turns out to be a timely reminder to do so.

Last edited:
I know how much quitting a race hurts my DR. As far as I can tell, it's usually between 5-8%, depending on the field. So I usually try to stick it out. People will drop out, and finishing the race will inevitably have a lower impact on my DR than just DNFing.

But sometimes it's just too disheartening to continue, especially when:
  1. You get binned on the first lap, and it knocks you to last place. (Someone felt responsible and waited for me, so technically this time it wasn't DFL. I felt bad for the guy, because it wasn't really his fault.)
  2. You try to catch up, but you suddenly can't drive worth ****, and can't stay on the track.
  3. You end up 25 seconds behind P14, by the start of lap 3.
So sometimes, you just have to say "**** it" and go do something else for awhile. Which is exactly what I did a little while ago.
One thing to consider is if you find yourself out of the race but still running around completing laps, it is a good time to work on getting the fastest lap. You can win that even if you are in last place.

This may sound trite but have you been checking replays to make sure that's the case? It's very easy to start putting together lists of slights against us from our little tin box when if you'd had a look back actually they weren't slights at all.

I'm going to assume you have but just in case this turns out to be a timely reminder to do so.
That is an excellent point. And yes, I did - in fact I've been promoting the same idea lately. It's amazing how many times I was sure someone did something intentional, only to find that not only wasn't it intentional, half the time it was probably my fault. But in this case, it was obviously intentional.
One thing to consider is if you find yourself out of the race but still running around completing laps, it is a good time to work on getting the fastest lap. You can win that even if you are in last place.
That's a good point. Having something to focus on would definitely help make the rest of the race more interesting. Thanks!

For all the debauchery in Dailies the last month or so, this week's Race C at Lemans has been one of the best experiences I've had on GT7/GTS.

I've been able to grab a podium finish in more than half the races I've done, I think, in a high A / A+ lobby. It's such a fun and tactical race. But I've been proud of finishing within shot of the win even in races where it was pure pace... qualifying lap speed for all five laps in a few examples.

Been a lot of fun, and I've been happy to find some really clean and smart racers out there, like AndreiSav, and @Mistah_MCA, for example. Restored my faith in the game, for now.

I've led races through the final Porsche curves and entering the Ford chicanes... but haven't closed the deal yet. Closest I got to a win was 0.032 at the line! But so much fun, I don't mind, and collecting podium finishes isn't a bad thing.

1674957621730.jpeg

Last edited:

EDIT: By the way, he knew I was GTP because my livery has gtplanet on the front of the car, and the underside of the spoiler. Here's some pics.
Just ignore them, man. You're giving the * talker exactly what he wants: rent free space in your head.

Last time someone talked smack to me after a race, I just replied with the standard message "Nice to meet you!" or whatever it is and left. :lol:

This is more like it. Over the last 2 days, I've gained over 30% in DR, closing in on A again:
1674959278950.png

Details on how this information was obtained can be found here.

Just ignore them, man. You're giving the * talker exactly what he wants: rent free space in your head.

Last time someone talked smack to me after a race, I just replied with the standard message "Nice to meet you!" or whatever it is and left. :lol:
I love that! Thanks for the support. :cheers:

This is more like it. Over the last 2 days, I've gained over 30% in DR, closing in on A again:
View attachment 1226769
Details on how this information was obtained can be found here.

I love that! Thanks for the support. :cheers:
…and here I thought I was the most analytical nerd about my performance, with my DR predictor and K’ Speed Score pivot table from GTS!! That’s awesome. 👍🏻

(And I think I’ve been able to get my DR part of the way back up to A+, from about 38.5k to almost 44k or so this week with the great finishes at Lemans adding up. I can’t be arsed to use the tool on @Milouse page too often, but the eyeball test on a PS5 + 75” tv suggests that’s about the range.)

Last edited:
After a terrible week at Laguna, either crashing out through my own mediocre driving or being punted off, I finally got a bit of redemption to finish the week with. Started in 3rd and had a clean race to finish 2nd. I play a very cautious, defensive drive only going fast enough to keep 2nd (I wasn't going to catch 1st) and to not drive so slow where I also crash (it happens..)

Anyway, this improved my weekend!

Last edited:
Pink car didn't have the move. Deserved to get taken out. Many times I've had this same situation presented to me and lay off. If you're not sure of it just don't do it. If they tried this on me I'd send them to the shadow realm next hairpin.
That’s fair, I was the pink car and closing fast at the first turn and realized I wasn’t gonna make it. I started braking before he closed the door on me. I’m still not sure he was actually taking a racing line tbh, looked like he would’ve cut the corner. Turn 2 was a clear punt by the other guy. Turn 3 I feel like was pretty similar to T1 just roles reversed, Al though he lets off the brakes to hit me.

I discovered a pretty serious cheat at Le Mans this evening. It's not just Le Mans either, but with the braking zones bugged so badly there it makes as much difference as the Maggiore teleport glitch.
I was 30 seconds back when I discovered it anyway, so outrunning anyone was out of the question at that point. I'm not going to stop racing online because of it, but will race on the honor system.
Isn't there a way to report bugs?

Last edited:
Daily Race c was fun in the beginning of the week but now all the little pen day hose are ruining it by doing their stupid ramming and punting in the back of the race and nobody can have fun with it but I will still continue on trying to get a decent raise

i adopted a 'DR? dont care' attitude towards the game franchise years ago..
thats when the driving enjoyment factor went way up. so much more fun to just enjoy it for what it is & not treat the DR/SR so preciously ;)
Exactly. There are too many ways to cheat to take it just super seriously. Games should be fun and if you win prizes, congrats!
Now SR, yes I do care about that. I want people to enjoy the races, and me driving in a decent manner is just the right thing to do

I joined Race C just today, and do apologize to those with whom I made contact. I try to avoid it if at all possible, though occasionally I know it's coming and not my fault and will hold my line.
I clipped two folks on the rear corner and saw them slide. My heart dropped because that is not my intent. They recovered. The first time I slowed down and waited for the other driver to regain control. I passed him several turns later. The second time I was going too fast to stop and in traffic, so I steered clear. He'd regained control before I passed him. He finished the race ahead of me, rightfully so.

Last edited:
Maybe 12 attempts now I've had one actual wet race which was pretty funny as we all just... carried on after the apex at mulsanne :lol:
Had my first really wet race yesterday - could see it was pretty wet before the start, so put IM tyres on my Jag. I started 8th, and was P1 after the Mulsanne turn! Pulled out a good lead over 3 laps, before being caught and passed on the last lap by the only other driver who'd started with IMs on his Veyron!

Also, now down to B SR after all the bump drafting.....

Latest Posts

Back