GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 31,350 comments
Thanks a lot mate! I've already set up the DNS that way, but I'll give the other stuff a try.
Ive set mine to 1500 so the connection dosnt switch between the values. But like i sayed, dont get distrected by the red bars so long the lobby is fine. Other player with extreme bad connection can impackt the hole lobby. So it is mostley not youre fault.

But judging by the video, you are the only one with red bar 🤔
What kind of provider you have. Normal ones or LTE or tv provider?

Last edited:
Oh damn.

I was really happy about my connection issue being gone after I went with @RacinLei 's tip. Well, that lasted for just one day. Had four or five daily races yesterday without any issues, but today it's back again. And now I've got absolutely no idea what to do next.

When I tried racing again after having restarted my router (to no avail), I ended up in a YT livestream for the first time ever, where I almost completely embarrassed myself:

"My" race goes from 2:46:00 - 2:54:10, if anyone is interested.

I was so distracted by the freaking red dot on my connection display that I forgot how to drive that certain supercar and lost several places, only to dive through the inside on the final corner to save at least a P5.
That's my biggest problem with the connection issues: the driving feels okay, but I'm distracted all the time looking at how my connection and that of other drivers looks on the display, thinking that I might eff up other guys races.
On the other hand, re-watching the video, it doesn't look as if I was lagging or jumping around.🧐
So maybe I should just try to ignore it and race. And try participting in some private lobbies to see how that's going.

I'm just not very good at leaving a problem unsolved, even a tiny one like this. It itches like hell...

I have an issue where I enter an online race (GTWS, etc.) or lobby with 5 bars and during the race, that drops to 2 or even 1 bar. I have asked others in the lobby and they have said I am not glitching so I ignore it now. However if I noticed other cars glitching around me though, I would leave the race and presume I was the problem but that has not happened yet. I've had network engineers (IT support at work) check everything out and nothing found.

Ive set mine to 1500 so the connection dosnt switch between the values. But like i sayed, dont get distrected by the red bars so long the lobby is fine. Other player with extreme bad connection can impackt the hole lobby. So it is mostley not youre fault.

But judging by the video, you are the only one with red bar 🤔
What kind of provider you have. Normal ones or LTE or tv provider?
Yes, I'm almost always the only one with a red bar. Usually it looks fine on the first grid screen, but goes down as soon as the screen switches to the second grid screen or to the actual race.

It's Vodafone, cable service. Formerly "Kabel Deutschland". Cable TV, telephone, internet. 1000Mb account. When I measure, the download values are usually okay (not quite 1000, but mostly between 700 and 900), but upload is very erratic, fluctuating between 1 and maybe 30.

Last edited:
Yes, I'm almost always the only one with a red bar. Usually it looks fine on the first grid screen, but goes down as soon as the screen switches to the second grid screen or to the actual race.

It's Vodafone, cable service. Formerly "Kabel Deutschland". Cable TV, telephone, internet. 1000Mb account. When I measure, the download values are usually okay (not quite 1000, but mostly between 700 and 900), but upload is very erratic, fluctuating between 1 and maybe 30.
Uuuh these provider are not good for gaming. Daaaaaamn i have no clue what you can do rather then switching provider to a traditional copper or fiberglass connection.
Kabel deutschland via tv internet is good for high bandwitch and workflows but bad for gaming 😞

Last edited:
Uuuh these provider are not good for gaming. Daaaaaamn i have no clue what you can do rather then switching provider to a traditional copper or fiberglass connection.
Kabel deutschland via tv internet is good for high bandwitch and workflows but bad for gaming 😞
Well sadly it's my only viable option. They are the ones that put the cables into the street. Telekom has nothing good to offer here. Or do the cable have to let other providers use their cables?

Well sadly it's my only viable option. They are the ones that put the cables into the street. Telekom has nothing good to offer here. Or do the cable have to let other providers use their cables?
No and it wouldnt change, cable tv internet stays cable tv internet. Damnit i feel your pain right now 😞

Last edited:

Vodafone, cable service. Formerly "Kabel Deutschland". - I have same it is Vodafone issue; they promise a lot but quality is ****.. and i have no chance to switch to another provider as house has only cable from Vodafone..

No and it wouldnt change, cable tv internet stays cable tv internet. Damnit i feel your pain right now 😞

Yup, it's ****.

The service guy who changed my router told me that I should maybe get a better router. "HomeBox" is what they call it. Don't know if that would help. We'll see...

Yup, it's ****.

The service guy who changed my router told me that I should maybe get a better router. "HomeBox" is what they call it. Don't know if that would help. We'll see...
another marketing by them, my neibours changed all kind of rooters, some buy made from gold, nothing happen, my IT guy said, it is very simple fiber glass new cables which installed to my house able run massive data, but if few houses sitting on same cable you will have what you have, i noted it is all over with vodafone, few guys installed telekom sim net 50mb instead Vodafone 1G and they have better internet when vodafone cable exposed to high peak TV shows eve events - running under high load. lets see if they will invest finally into infrastructure.

Last edited:
another marketing by them, my neibours changed all kind of rooters, some buy made from gold, nothing happen, my IT guy said, it is very simple fiber glass new cables which installed to my house able run massive data, but if few houses sitting on same cable you will have what you have, i noted it is all over with vodafone, few guys installed telekom sim net 50mb instead Vodafone 1G and they have better internet when vodafone cable exposed to high peak TV shows eve events - running under high load. lets see if they will invest finally into infrastructure.
Strangely enough it changed from one day to another last october or november, it had been good before. And even stranger that it worked fine again for exactly one day after I followed @RacinLei 's tip and then was bad again the very next day...

Yup, it's ****.

That dosnt help with the nature of cable tv internet. It is like the weather is bad and the picture gets bad. There is no workarround for these connection, these connection fluctuate to much in ping😞

That moment you put force/gaming to it, it gos down to the knees. So more people watching tv it gets wors.

Maybe switching to an LTE based internet works better!!!

Last edited:

Looking at what you’re saying here with a stable download speed, but a fluctuating upload speed, it’s more likely that the upload is what is causing your poor connection on servers. Upload is just as important as download but a lot of ISPs will neglect this to give customers more download speed.

One thing I would look at doing is trying to see if a device in your home is saturating the upload speeds. Ive come across an issue where mobile phones (Samsungs mainly) will constantly backup the phone to the cloud storage and this will saturate you upload speed.
Try this... Disconnect all internet devices and just leave the PS5 connected and see if you have the same issue. If that works and it’s more stable start turning things back on until it fails.

It's like that with a lot of bugs. The one where you get put in another car at start has only happened to me once, the silent race has happened 3 times
Yes, I had a few silent races when that was a thing - had a few lost liveries too, where your car reverts to the default livery, sometimes in the race, sometimes just on the post-race screen!

Maybe I’m going mad, but it seems like I’m suddenly three seconds slower at Dragon Trail after the update. I have to relearn the chicken of death all over again! And I think the Porsche got nerfed too. It’s top speed has changed and the shifting points are very different than they were.

Edit: Ok, after checking the world leaders, they seem to be going slower too. A lot slower. Are we all relearning the physics now?

Was there a BoP update as well?

Last edited:
Maybe I’m going mad, but it seems like I’m suddenly three seconds slower at Dragon Trail after the update. I have to relearn the chicken of death all over again! And I think the Porsche got nerfed too. It’s top speed has changed and the shifting points are very different than they were.

Edit: Ok, after checking the world leaders, they seem to be going slower too. A lot slower. Are we all relearning the physics now?

Physics changes, tyre grip changes - it's back to driving school

and yes, BoP has changed just a wee bit

Yes, it seems driving is a bit more 'difficult' again.

Chasing my previous best Qt at Brands Hatch has apparently led me to grind out a pretty good overall time in the Supra as compared to others

Early days yet...

I'm just not very good at leaving a problem unsolved, even a tiny one like this. It itches like hell...
I completely understand that - I'm the same way.
Size matters
I thought this was funny.
Some idiot in an Audi TT tried ramming my Veyron, and had no success. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I've never seen such a nice looking tank before. 😂
Got my first ever and probably only A race win tonight. Thought I could pull it off and did so that one’s crossed off the list
Congratulations! I've only ever had one win as a DR A... Something to treasure, that's for sure!

Size matters
I thought this was funny.
Some idiot in an Audi TT tried ramming my Veyron, and had no success. :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's even more funny because they don't know who they are pushing. It's like punching a dragon on the snout.

If everyone is going slower then this will be me:
lowrider lowridermeatup GIF by Off The Jacks

And that's at 2x speed

If everyone is going slower then this will be me:
lowrider lowridermeatup GIF by Off The Jacks

And that's at 2x speed
Here’s how feel:

@Roggers you said something about tire life and performance the other day: it looks like maybe you’ll be pleasantly surprised with the new tire model.

@KosmoKazi it looks like they finally nerfed our Porsche.

I need to find a new car for Race C this week. Porsche is ok but 3mph slower. The Supra is the new meta and it’s ok so far. The RCZ was barely hit by the BoP changes and I caught a P3 in it because it handles incredibly well, but it’s even slower than the Porsche! I can’t tame the M6 (although I’d love to) and now I’m wondering if the Nissan might rose up again. It’ll be interesting to watch as people figure things out.

I’d say we should all test as many cars as possible this week and report on them. If we pool our resources we may net a few wins for each other.

Not happy. Was making some nice gains towards A+ the last couple of weeks in Race C. Me and the 911 have had some great runs this week in A+ heavy lobbies. I can't get any other fast enough car consistently thru the COD.

Yep they utterly ballsed it with this update, back to day one with snap over steer and all cars handling like boats

Who would have thought the Gr3 Supra would be the meta if the rear ends are now twitchier? I mean WHAT A SHOCK.......... not.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here’s how feel:

@Roggers you said something about tire life and performance the other day: it looks like maybe you’ll be pleasantly surprised with the new tire model.

🤞🏻🤞🏻
Yeah I just find the tyres are a bit too scripted if that makes sense. Once you pick your car and know the OP strategy nothing then changes. It’s the same if you’re racing other cars. 95% of the time you know when your rivals are pitting too. If tyres were a bit more dynamic to track temps that they degrade faster in warm temps or last a longer in cooler temps it would just make the racing a bit better I think.
Have to see how the tyres handles later.

@KosmoKazi it looks like they finally nerfed our Porsche.

I need to find a new car for Race C this week. Porsche is ok but 3mph slower. The Supra is the new meta and it’s ok so far. The RCZ was barely hit by the BoP changes and I caught a P3 in it because it handles incredibly well, but it’s even slower than the Porsche! I can’t tame the M6 (although I’d love to) and now I’m wondering if the Nissan might rose up again. It’ll be interesting to watch as people figure things out.

I’d say we should all test as many cars as possible this week and report on them. If we pool our resources we may net a few wins for each other.
They nurfed a lot of cars by the looks of the BOP. Most cars had an average of 20pp nurf but the Supra only had a 12pp nurf. Oh and guess which is the fastest car now (from the streams I’ve seen) Supra.
I’m tempted to run the cars at Special X to see what top speeds cars are achieving and 0-60mph times etc…(if I can be bothered to do that, that is)

Something is happening this afternoon on Daily Race B... It feels like a Monday except I've got myself dialled in extra quick.

The wiping of the quali boards has me slowly tumbling down from 60th (now fallen out of the Top 100) gradually as people leave their new lap times after the update. I appreciate 1.30.008 probably still isn't too fast, but nonetheless has me on pole in all but 2 races so far. A darn fight better than the Q10s and Q11s I had yesterday.

I'm not great at the front, often succumbing to pressure on the first lap (read: first two corners), followed by getting swarmed in mid-pack chaos, inevitably some time spent making sandcastles. Usually managing to fight back for a Top 5 at least. I was therefore somewhat pleased with a little Fastest Lap and Clean Race...

187328cb5e243-7c111A46CE9B09541B7.350A745023C624FC_message_430125878274687_1680179212010.jpg

But then just the race after, things drastically improved, I sorted myself out and managed to keep the wolves at bay for the complete set:

187328c841432-7c111A46CE9B09541B7.350A745023C624FC_message_430125874789898_1680179198398.jpg

Funny waking up in the States and seeing the horror show of new BoP changes. Quick read makes it seem like thr 18 GTR is back and the Supra will be the new 911?

I'd only been using the NSX at Brands this week , generally starting mid to rear of the pack. Installed the update today, did 2 qualy laps, still in the NSX... Then 2 wins from pole with fastest laps. 8 seconds ahead of a group of TTs in both races. Sadly had to go to work or I'd have done more..

NSX feels pretty much the same as it did yesterday, to me anyway.

Last edited:
Well…

I finally FINALLY found my jam in daily races, set a searing quick QT in a car I finally understood and a track I enjoy, get a few podiums and a win and then…. The biggest nerf that ever nerfed, my time gets wiped and the car I understand starts doing odd things and gets swamped by others…

Just to make my misery complete I get put in a lobby with A and A+ drivers just to compound the feelings of sudden and dramatic incompetence.

Where do I go now? I didn’t do too badly in the races despite a shunt in my second race putting me last, I did manage to fight my way through the field to manage a respectable position.

Why did they do it? Why this week? Why!!!!

Feeling like I don’t want to race again after putting that grind in earlier in the week only to have it thrown back in my face.

Disgust.

Latest Posts

Back