GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 30,101 comments
Finally jumped on to Daily C.

What a rollercoaster! Managed to fit in two races.
Race 1 went amazing! P7 to last all in turn 1! Heavy foot on mediums and spun all on my own! 1.5 seconds as well just to make me feel even better about myself. Then at the COD I cut a corner so make that 2 seconds of penalties on lap 1 and dead last by 7 seconds. Lap 2 at the COD I miss judge my speed on mediums and wham! Into the wall with a 4 second penalty! At this point I realise why I’ve been absent from Daily races. Mindless penalties that just destroys your race. After that I think finished P14.

Race 2 I had it all. Good racing, COD deaths, wall penalties, ghost issues and overtakes!
P13 start and this time i make the first corner 🎉🎉. COD I make it through, but unghosted cars cause a bit of pile up which slows me down. After that I kept it pretty clean. Couple of good overtakes, a little wobble or two, and then lap 8. So I was faster than the car ahead and closing in. I had the opportunity to make an overtake into T1, but I thought I was a little too far back so backed out of the move. Going through the COD I was expecting the car ahead to mess it up, but in fact it was me. I got off the throttle earlier than normal and I missed judged me turning. 1.5 penalty for me. Last few laps I had a little battle with a few cars. Nearly killed someone, but luckily they survived. Managed to finished P8. Enjoyed the race to be fair, but there’s too many mistakes from others that end up costing me good results.

Might jump on later for another round of races.

Finally jumped on to Daily C.
Enjoyed the race to be fair, but there’s too many mistakes from others that end up costing me good results.
It appears you’re having the same experiences as most others from what I can tell. I’ve only done 4 races so far and managed P8, P7, P12, and P5. The first 3 races were similar to what you wrote. The last race I took it easy and focused on not making mistakes and not letting others disrupt my race. That lead to same position finishing as starting. I’m happy with top 5’s right now, so I’ll take it.
7BEB8C26-E1A0-462B-9C4E-26972FE399F2.jpeg

Daily B for the first time this week. Put in 30min of practice. Feels like it went as follows..

Slow Lap
Faster lap. Spin...hit barrier hard sideways. Thats a 1.5sec pen. Restart
Decent lap
Faster lap. Clip grass. Hit barrier backwards. Thats a 1.5 sec pen. Restart
Slower lap. Small spin. Graze barrier nose first. Thats a 1.5 pen. Restart
Faster lap. Look at the barrier. Thats a 1.5 sec pen.
Now. Think about the barrier outside of the game. You better believe thats a 1.5 sec pen next time I log on

Last edited:
Daily B for the first time this week. Put in 30min of practice. Feels like it went as follows..

Slow Lap
Decent lap
Now. Think about the barrier outside of the game. You better believe thats a 1.5 sec pen next time I log on
I cannot believe a slight tap into a barrier is 1.5 seconds worth of penalty. It is still absolute madness.

It appears you’re having the same experiences as most others from what I can tell. I’ve only done 4 races so far and managed P8, P7, P12, and P5. The first 3 races were similar to what you wrote. The last race I took it easy and focused on not making mistakes and not letting others disrupt my race. That lead to same position finishing as starting. I’m happy with top 5’s right now, so I’ll take it.
View attachment 1243636
True. I try to run clean races against other players and by also keeping it out the gravel, grass & barriers, but no matter how careful I drive they is always someone else there that will find a way to destroy it. And for what ever reason I always seem to be that player who always ends up last. I can’t decide whether I want ghosting fully turn off or to leave it as it is? Through the COD ghosting just seems to be pot luckl

Slow Lap
Decent lap
LOL that sounds like qualifying for Brands. Slowish lap....ok.... now push........ offfffffffffffffffffffffffff we go. Rinse and repeat.

Slow Lap
Decent lap
Haven't tried yet, but somehow looks familiar

Daily C for me this week. Monday afternoon had some spare time so jumped on and had a couple top 5s and 1 victory and couldn't understand why everyone hates this track so much. Then Monday night happened. I've never ragequitted so hard in my life. 3 races in a row someone would eat it in the first trip thru the chicane and I was collected in their mess every time. Which put me in just a delightful mood for trying to just finish the race out. Sorry to everyone that I ran into... Needless to say it was 3 straight quits in a row.

I've been a bit off the last few weeks in qualifying but can find some pretty decent race pace. I had been a 1:36.8 with the Supra I believe. But it all came together last night when I finally got my personal Lap of the Gods using the '13 GTR. Even though it was nerfed a bit, man that thing will travel over the kerbs so well without upsetting the car. Took me a few laps but nailed a 1:36.1. Thankfully was recording. Had a good laugh a bit ago when I saw I paused it in the middle of that lap because my phone went off. Had no idea I was on such a lap when I did.

Also, if you haven't tried the BRZ through the COD yet... You are missing out. I credit that car for helping me figure out the line through most of the track. And man during the race, it just doesn't eat tires like everything else.

I hope the physics update continues to help with the snap oversteer. While its improved from release, I think it's still excessive. Not sure if it's related to the tire model or the weight transfer model.

I did also see one of the changes appears to hopefully fix the damn ass in the air tunes people used in the PP races.

Not interested in B or C this week so I am enjoying racing the Bus. The are lots of great liveries running out there, I only wish it was longer. It's another great one to experience in VR, looking around the bus gives a great sense of scale, and you can look directly across this track to the other side.

05324CC2-B832-4282-933B-04541F988307.jpeg

Another race, and a victory!! I’m so annoyed I missed the Podium screen as it was a pole position and a clean race too.. I was being pushed really hard by K. Angelina in the Suzuki Swift and he was brilliantly clean but sadly had an off on lap four which allowed me to take it easy lap five for the win!

Absolutely loved it, the TT is a bit boring but it is fast and I do like it round Brands as anything RWD I always find a little lively, it’s a shame with the recent nerf it’s all FF cars in Gr4 but nice to see the Swift and Scirocco competitive too!

Last edited:
The Swift is kinda fun compared to the other FF's. In the top splits it is slowly becoming the car of choice.
I’ve never tried it or the Scirocco as I’m trying to ‘learn’ the TT and stick with it this week, but I might buy both.. I love trying new cars as time goes by and exploring their different characters but my competitive side won’t let me do that whilst I’m doing well in daily races 😂😂

I cannot believe a slight tap into a barrier is 1.5 seconds worth of penalty. It is still absolute madness.
Well IRL it might mean you are out with a broken wheel hub or flat tire or something. So for competitive purposes I like that they penalize it. We can’t all be here complaining about wall-riding then also complaining about penalties for wall contact. And in my experience this week a slight tap is one thing and I’ve survived them, but a solid hit is a penalty.

Last edited:
Oh damn.

I was really happy about my connection issue being gone after I went with @RacinLei 's tip. Well, that lasted for just one day. Had four or five daily races yesterday without any issues, but today it's back again. And now I've got absolutely no idea what to do next.

When I tried racing again after having restarted my router (to no avail), I ended up in a YT livestream for the first time ever, where I almost completely embarrassed myself:

"My" race goes from 2:46:00 - 2:54:10, if anyone is interested.

I was so distracted by the freaking red dot on my connection display that I forgot how to drive that certain supercar and lost several places, only to dive through the inside on the final corner to save at least a P5.
That's my biggest problem with the connection issues: the driving feels okay, but I'm distracted all the time looking at how my connection and that of other drivers looks on the display, thinking that I might eff up other guys races.
On the other hand, re-watching the video, it doesn't look as if I was lagging or jumping around.🧐
So maybe I should just try to ignore it and race. And try participting in some private lobbies to see how that's going.

I'm just not very good at leaving a problem unsolved, even a tiny one like this. It itches like hell...

Last edited:
Well IRL it might mean you are out with a broken wheel hub or flat tire or something. So for competitive purposes I like that they penalize it. We can’t all be here complaining about wall-riding then also complaining about penalties for wall contact. And in my experience this week a slight tap is one thing and I’ve survived them, but a solid hit is a penalty.
That's fine if you've hit it yourself but 90% of the time I am in the wall because some muppet pushed me there.

I tried to improve my time for Brands Hatch but I couldn't string a good lap together. My optimal time was 2 tenths quicker so it can be done.

Race 1 has me on pole! I'm doing a good job leading the race holding off P2 until I get Paddock all sorts of wrong on the final lap and get passed in Druids. I can't catch up and finish P2. Man, so close to a victory. I also got the fastest lap and a clean race so that's cool as it's the first time I've done that in sport mode. I might of had one in a GTWS race last year.

Race 2 has me in a mixed room of A and B drivers. I start P9 and it's tight pack racing the whole way. There was a dirty driver that was barging their way through the field and I was a part of that. I was involved in a brake check gone wrong with said dirty driver. The person ahead missed the check, swerved in front of me almost taking me out, and I had to take evasive maneuvers going down Paddock. A bunch of drivers got past me and I finish P10. The dirty driver got called out for using others as "guardrails" post race and rightfully so.

Race 3 is mostly the same lobby with me in P10 the dirty driver behind me on the grid. They make the dive bombs of all dive bombs entering Druids and I don't let them pass. I do manage to dump them in a way that would make Dale Sr. proud. The rest of the race was clean and I lost some spots due to me looking at the radar instead of the track so that's on me having a brain fart in that moment. I come home in P12.

Not the best results for two of my races, but the pack racing was fun at least. Everyone was respectful and leaving space minus the dirty diver. I'm getting better with the corners around the track and will have a much better understanding on how to be better with my times next time trial session. Hopefully there won't be any dirty drivers tomorrow.

I tried to improve my time for Brands Hatch but I couldn't string a good lap together. My optimal time was 2 tenths quicker so it can be done.

Race 1 has me on pole! I'm doing a good job leading the race holding off P2 until I get Paddock all sorts of wrong on the final lap and get passed in Druids. I can't catch up and finish P2. Man, so close to a victory. I also got the fastest lap and a clean race so that's cool as it's the first time I've done that in sport mode. I might of had one in a GTWS race last year.

Race 2 has me in a mixed room of A and B drivers. I start P9 and it's tight pack racing the whole way. There was a dirty driver that was barging their way through the field and I was a part of that. I was involved in a brake check gone wrong with said dirty driver. The person ahead missed the check, swerved in front of me almost taking me out, and I had to take evasive maneuvers going down Paddock. A bunch of drivers got past me and I finish P10. The dirty driver got called out for using others as "guardrails" post race and rightfully so.

Race 3 is mostly the same lobby with me in P10 the dirty driver behind me on the grid. They make the dive bombs of all dive bombs entering Druids and I don't let them pass. I do manage to dump them in a way that would make Dale Sr. proud. The rest of the race was clean and I lost some spots due to me looking at the radar instead of the track so that's on me having a brain fart in that moment. I come home in P12.

Not the best results for two of my races, but the pack racing was fun at least. Everyone was respectful and leaving space minus the dirty diver. I'm getting better with the corners around the track and will have a much better understanding on how to be better with my times next time trial session. Hopefully there won't be any dirty drivers tomorrow.
a0560894903_65

A dude got upset with me running him off at brands. He lost it, went off track and reentered on the racing line. I swerved, half lost it and hit him, we both survived then he passed me clean but again immediately took the racing line and brakes earlier than I do. Intag him, he's off to the sheds but honestly mate, no idea what I was supposed to do.

Got my first ever and probably only A race win tonight. Thought I could pull it off and did so that one’s crossed off the list. Fun once. Took 3 tries at races to get a clean race with being punted on lap 1.

Also still having a great to with some hard racing at Brands each night so far.
Pulled off another podium starting p3 and getting into the lead on the first lap. Got a corner penalty on lap 3 and served just before lap 4 and although I maintained 1st after the .5 second penalty, I was passed after the start/finish right at the top of the hill.
Chased hard but he was solid and earned the victory while I was still happy to have a clean race with good overtakes.

Race 2 in B was a but messy and moved up from p12 to start with finishing in p8 in this wild A/B mixed lobby. Still a fun race by stay just out of trouble by anticipating the moves.

RCZ is working well for me in races. It’s got more in it than my mediocre QT.
I haven’t spent a lot of time getting my time down because I’m racing well with my placement on the starting grid.

Attachments

• 49E50ECC-3154-4A12-B3F0-451227D27BD6.jpeg
    49E50ECC-3154-4A12-B3F0-451227D27BD6.jpeg
    153.9 KB · Views: 4
  • 08F49E0B-8323-4629-841E-181E8090F61B.jpeg
    08F49E0B-8323-4629-841E-181E8090F61B.jpeg
    154 KB · Views: 4
Last edited by a moderator:
Oh damn.

I was really happy about my connection issue being gone after I went with @RacinLei 's tip. Well, that lasted for just one day. Had four or five daily races yesterday without any issues, but today it's back again. And now I've got absolutely no idea what to do next.

When I tried racing again after having restarted my router (to no avail), I ended up in a YT livestream for the first time ever, where I almost completely embarrassed myself:

"My" race goes from 2:46:00 - 2:54:10, if anyone is interested.

I was so distracted by the freaking red dot on my connection display that I forgot how to drive that certain supercar and lost several places, only to dive through the inside on the final corner to save at least a P5.
That's my biggest problem with the connection issues: the driving feels okay, but I'm distracted all the time looking at how my connection and that of other drivers looks on the display, thinking that I might eff up other guys races.
On the other hand, re-watching the video, it doesn't look as if I was lagging or jumping around.🧐
So maybe I should just try to ignore it and race. And try participting in some private lobbies to see how that's going.

I'm just not very good at leaving a problem unsolved, even a tiny one like this. It itches like hell...

Sad to hear…
First of all, dont get distrected by so stuff it isnt always youre connection. So long not all on track start lagging all is fine. If only one or two are lagging it is not youre fault.
Next thing you can do to stabilice the connection. Make a speedtest and watch youre downloadspeed uploadspeed on ps5.
Now go to:
Network-settings-setup internet connection go to youre actuell connection-hit option button-advanced settings and change these settings.
Primary DNS 8.8.8.8
Secondary DNS 8.8.4.4
Now go to MTU set to Manual and try 1500
Test youre connection again. Is the value better let it so, if not go back to MTU and set it to 1473 and test again if it still wors go back and set MTU to 1450.
If this not help at all then i cant help without knowing what hardware you have and what kind of internet you have.

Hopefully it helps for you m8 🤞🏼

Last edited:
Sad to hear…
First of all, dont get distrected by so stuff it isnt always youre connection. So long not all on track start lagging all is fine. If only one or two are lagging it is not youre fault.
Next thing you can do to stabilice the connection. Make a speedtest and watch youre downloadspeed uploadspeed on ps5.
Now go to:
Network-settings-setup internet connection go to youre actuell connection-hit option button-advanced settings and change these settings.
Primary DNS 8.8.8.8
Secondary DNS 8.8.4.4
Now go to MTU set to Manual and try 1500
Test youre connection again. Is the value better let it so, if not go back to MTU and set it to 1473 and test again if it still wors go back and set MTU to 1450.
If this not help at all then i cant help without knowing what hardware you have and what kind of internet you have.

Hopefully it helps for you m8 🤞🏼
Thanks a lot mate! I've already set up the DNS that way, but I'll give the other stuff a try.

Back