GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 31,412 comments
Forgive me for not being able to dig through 610 pages for something that may have been answered already.
Does doing the warm-up make any actual difference in the race?
Thank you.

Well done! Podium on second race of week is solid. What's your QT?

What I have found is brake before entry, coast for a second to rotate the car, and then crush the pedal through the apex. You have to cut the apex with 2 wheels this course to have fast times, especially through sectors 2 and 3. I know this sounds obvious but some recent courses this was less crucial. I shaved over a second off my times with this patience.
My time is currently 1:30.5XX. I'll try the coasting thing tomorrow as I tend to mash the loud pedal too quick in general. I can get away with it at most tracks, but not at Brands Hatch.

Does anybody have an idea how the distribution between PS4 and PS5 is of right now?

The reason I ask is that since starting in daily races again, on my practice account (because I have to re-learn a lot, as I found out the painful way 😆), I've encountered several lobbies which consisted completely of evenly rated players (B/B in these cases). More players on PS5 now, or are there just so many B/B players?

On a side note, I'll have a hard time to improve my SR. Very little fairplay in these lobbies.

On another side note, the Scirocco (🤪) is a viable option in race B at Brands Hatch.

Last edited:
Really want to like Seaside backwards but even when I think I've found a flow to it, a small mistake will make it feel like it's the most arcane, undriveable mess and I just want to quit back out. Never been a fan of Brands either so it's looking like a skipped week to me. Ah well, FIFA and NFS have some updates I was reading, good time to see what's new. Good luck to those toughing it out :cheers:

Does anybody have an idea how the distribution betwee PS4 and PS5 is of right now?

The reason I ask is that since starting in daily races again, on my practice account (because I have to re-learn a lot, as I found out the painful way 😆), I've encountered several lobbies which consisted completely of evenly rated players (B/B in these cases). More players on PS5 now, or are there just so many B/B players?

On a side note, I'll have a hard time to improve my SR. Very little fairplay in these lobbies.

On another side note, the Scirocco (🤪) is a viable option in race B at Brands Hatch.

Ya, Scirocco is decent there, the G70 is very strong too, I've switched to that now.

Haven't powered on PS4 this week yet.
I'm kind of familiar with BrandsHatch, but I don't feel it too much and, on the other side, I don't know Dragon Trail in reverse mode.

What do you advice to focus on in order to avoid my DR to get a huge cut?
I'm looking for the less crash prone / penalities prone of the two races

And, no, thatthingdailyA is out of discussion, I prefer to sleep in my bed that on track

Really want to like Seaside backwards but even when I think I've found a flow to it, a small mistake will make it feel like it's the most arcane, undriveable mess and I just want to quit back out. Never been a fan of Brands either so it's looking like a skipped week to me. Ah well, FIFA and NFS have some updates I was reading, good time to see what's new. Good luck to those toughing it out :cheers:
There are some sections that just don't make sense in reverse, finding it impossible to judge the infamous hairpin after the chicane - then the higher speed section following that doesn't flow at all in reverse. It's very challenging, somehow it's harder knowing the track so well in its normal format. Having said that last week's reverse track ended up being one of my favourites by the end of the week

what does that driver do on other laps when going through that corner?
a slight tap on the brakes on earlier laps. I think he was so pre-occupied on blocking that he missed his mark.

next go 'round he did try to block your run, you could have backed off more but tbh didn't need to and as you'd been through COD with him before you should have had an idea of what he was going to do
Not what he did now ...

Congrats! I'm hoping the turns at Brands will have a lot of people spinning off course this week (as long as i am the exception!).
Thanks, and I agree completely.
Look at this lunacy! How's he SO DAMN FAST? such pace despite all the contact, I bump one guy and I am slow forbthree corners, he just charges on!

1. What are we looking for? Watching a 9 minute video without knowing what to look for, and where in the video to see it, is a non-starter. How about some timestamps?
  2. It's hard to tell anything when you're not using one of the car camera views.
  3. Turn on all race info so we can see gear, brake, accel, etc., otherwise there's no way to tell how anyone is doing what they're doing.
Just my opinions, by the way.

Forgive me for not being able to dig through 610 pages for something that may have been answered already.
Does doing the warm-up make any actual difference in the race?
Thank you.
I'm lucky if I can make it out of the pits before the warm up timer ends. It makes no difference at all.

I’m back in Race B this morning! Jumped straight back on with no quali and managed to score myself a lovely clean Podium! Buzzing! After falling out of love with Daily Races last week after some racing shenanigans it feels good to get a clean one.

Went back on to set a more competitive QT now and we’ve ended up with a 1:29.248 and I feel a 1:28.xxx is possible. MAYBE this is the week I start getting closer to A DR! 🤪

709EAE27-2C26-4C38-BD03-B0E6E414B15C.jpeg

These last few weeks have been brutal. I’d suggest doing race C from the back a few times. You can smash in the chicken of death and still get a CRB as long as you don’t touch other cars. Dragon Trail is a nice wide track where you can give people plenty of room.
Ya, Scirocco is decent there, the G70 is very strong too, I've switched to that now.
That G70 loves Brands Hatch for some reason. Back when the 4WD cars were dominant it was a meta car at that track.

IN OTHER NEWS:
After some advice from @KosmoKazi and watching a few YT streamers I was finally able to find the line on the chicken of death! A dropped a second off my quali time and tried a few races. More in that in a minute.

For those of you who are still groping in the dark for a line: turn in just before the 50m board and get your left tires on the red paint, straddling the wide curb, and then let off the throttle as you coast to the right hand turn. Right tires as close to the right wall as you can and accelerate as soon as you can to pull away from the left wall. The rest is gravy.

I’m an actual race, what I’ve discovered is that if you follow what I just wrote, the extra fuel weight will carry you into the left wall no matter what you do! So in a race lift off at the 100m board, tap (just tap) your brakes at 50m to settle the car. In the Porsche this has the added benefit of making the car rotate left into the turn! Coast through the left turn and stomp on the gas as soon as you’re at the right corner. The weight transfer settles the car down and will prevent you from smacking into the left wall. You’ll lose a little speed this way, but if you do it well you’ll only lose maybe 10-15 mph, but the hard acceleration out of the chicane seems to make up for it. I hope this all makes sense, but it was a revelation to me.

As for the racing, I ran four or five races last night. I started P2 in all but the one where I started pole! I have to say that this race gives pole a HUGE advantage because you can just pull away while everyone battles through the chicken of death. Anyway, I finished P4 in my first race (yay!) and then started pole in the next race. It would have been an easy win but I goofed up on the cold soft tires after the pit and spun out. I finished P5 on that one. I was so bummed out as wins have eluded me for months now.

The next race saw the first five or six cars pile up in the chicane, and I got 6.5 seconds of penalties as a result! I have no clue how it all added up, but I think I hit a few walls and a couple cars. The ghosting was bizarre for all of us. Anyway, though dead last I drove in and managed to work my way back to P7.

Feeling like I was right on the edge of something good, and finally racing in a lobby with people who seemed more serious about racing clean, I ran one last race, starting P2 again. We all took it easy through the first attack chicken and survived, so the rest of the race was clean. After several laps P1 died in the chicken and I took the lead. I was able to drive away for my first win probably of 2023!!!!

Thank you everyone for your support and suggestions. I’ve been very vocal about my disappointment, and all I can say is that finding a clean lobby just seems like the luck of the draw. When you find one, grind away like undid. I stayed up way too late just so I could get more races in with people I trusted. It was like a whole different game! I also think Monday racing is just dangerous because people still haven’t figured the track out yet.

Ok, sorry for the wall of text but I needed to offer some good news for once!

Thanks, and I agree completely.

1. What are we looking for? Watching a 9 minute video without knowing what to look for, and where in the video to see it, is a non-starter. How about some timestamps?
  2. It's hard to tell anything when you're not using one of the car camera views.
  3. Turn on all race info so we can see gear, brake, accel, etc., otherwise there's no way to tell how anyone is doing what they're doing.
Just my opinions, by the way.
THe black and white SUzuki causing absolute bedlam about half way through to the end.

I like the screen as clear as possible on replays.

While I'm optimistic about the leaked updates coming, to the models and physics, I am also a little worried about it.

After a really bad run in Dailies at the start of the year, the last month or so... things have really been clicking. I don't know if it's just a combination of good combos / best tracks, and the current physics model suiting my preferences, but my rating is at an all-time high and I've been able to really have fun in Dailies. Suzuka/SF, Spa/Gr2, DTS/Gr3, Monza/Honda F1 especially have been good fun.

If you'd have said I could regularly achieve Top 5 / podiums in the top split races at those kinds of combos, a year ago, I'd have been really happy to know that it was possible. When the only people ahead of you are top 5 finishers in the GTWS standings, it's great to be 'the best of the rest' at this stage.

So while I am glad they will continue to make GT7 better and better, as they did GTS, I do hope that it doesn't somehow pull the rug out from under me to where I don't have the confidence I do right now! Because that goes a long way, when you are racing at the front of fast lobbies.

Meantime, I'll just continue to work on my consistency and avoiding trouble in Dailies, because the pace is getting slowly better and better as I do.

@Bullwinkle I'm glad what I tried to share helped... good to know! Yeah, one thing I like about how that approach and the RSR work is that even if I make a little mistake, just dropping it to 4th gear as I slide toward the left side wall means the car lands, sticks, and accelerates so well that the mistake only costs me about 0.2 seconds compared to a nominally clean run through, in race conditions. Even if you broadside the wall a little, it doesn't slow you down that much.

I did made two sloppy mistakes on my alt yesterday, both times throwing away podiums... both daydreaming laziness: 1) I missed my brake point at the complex hairpin at the tart of Sector 2, and lost the rear by trying to brake on the marbles area... and 2) let the car wash wide on the last part of the downhill esses. Both times, I was all alone, cruising to good finishes, telling myself how good I was and how easy it was to avoid trouble... and BAM! That's how it should be though... should always have to be on your toes to bring home a good finish. And at DTS you do. It's a great race track.

Last edited:
These last few weeks have been brutal. I’d suggest doing race C from the back a few times. You can smash in the chicken of death and still get a CRB as long as you don’t touch other cars. Dragon Trail is a nice wide track where you can give people plenty of room.
Yes, I've done that before on my main account. But right now I'm racing on my practice account, where I don't find it worth the effort. At least I got one CRB last night, running away from the pack while chasing P1. Maybe there's more of them to get, my Q time is okay.

zjn
Haven't powered on PS4 this week yet.
I'm kind of familiar with BrandsHatch, but I don't feel it too much and, on the other side, I don't know Dragon Trail in reverse mode.

What do you advice to focus on in order to avoid my DR to get a huge cut?
I'm looking for the less crash prone / penalities prone of the two races

And, no, thatthingdailyA is out of discussion, I prefer to sleep in my bed that on track
Because of the fact that you know Brands Hatch a bit, I would suggest to race that one. The track is not too difficult to race on with Gr.4 cars. Dragon Trail with the Chicane of Deat (or Chicken of Death) is a different story.

While I'm optimistic about the leaked updates coming, to the models and physics, I am also a little worried about it.
Eh? What's the rumour? Balance is about right at the moment physics wise in race cars. The road cars are garbage IMHO but I don't really care. I fear they will try and fix the road cars and butcher the race cars.

Priority number one should be tweaking the TC, TC1 right now should be TC3 so to speak.

Eh? What's the rumour? Balance is about right at the moment physics wise in race cars. The road cars are garbage IMHO but I don't really care. I fear they will try and fix the road cars and butcher the race cars.

Priority number one should be tweaking the TC, TC1 right now should be TC3 so to speak.
my understanding of the update is that TC is being addressed where weaker settings are far weaker than they currently are, and stronger settings are stronger than they currently are. Driver Assists

What I saw said TC1 will be reduced in effect. Less interference. I think we agree if I understand your remark. It’s too strong currently.

And IMO the suspension and weight transfer effect is not sophisticated enough. It seems they are going to make continuous updates to try and improve that as well. Handling under braking load is one area. The latest physics really treat that clumsily. I used to actually test cars under braking in turn conditions as part of my job and I’m keen to see how they update it. Because it’s currently a bit simple in feel.

GT7 was a big step forward in the separation of the physics model pieces between front and rear axles. But the handling of weight transfer and the car’s behavior in those transient situations… it seems like the suspension model wasn’t up to the task, even as the game improved in terms of separating front and rear grip/traction modeling. Hope they are continuing to try to improve that.

Last edited:
Back