GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 34,709 comments
Twice now I've stuck Inters on as the weather map in the warm-up was moving into a big rain storm, then the race starts and the clouds are magically moving in the other direction. :lol:
I bet it is not the case. The clouds move very slowly so it is easy to misinterpret its movement, especially during warm up when you are pressed for time. Since update 1.33, weather in warm up and in race have been in good sync. I haven't seen it changed in update 1.34 either.

In another topic, folks who said that this week's Goodwood race was a good one, were indeed right. I started it for first time yesterday. It is relaxing and yet competitive. Pretty clean races as well. Watched @sturk0167 win every time from pole.

I still really like the Nurburgring 24hr this week but I am not really good there so it has tanked my DR from ~67% B to ~40% B. Not that I mind it.

Really curious to see what are races next week. Excited to see possibilities.

I bet it is not the case. The clouds move very slowly so it is easy to misinterpret its movement, especially during warm up when you are pressed for time. Since update 1.33, weather in warm up and in race have been in good sync. I haven't seen it changed in update 1.34 either.

In another topic, folks who said that this week's Goodwood race was a good one, were indeed right. I started it for first time yesterday. It is relaxing and yet competitive. Pretty clean races as well. Watched @sturk0167 win every time from pole.

I still really like the Nurburgring 24hr this week but I am not really good there so it has tanked my DR from ~67% B to ~40% B. Not that I mind it.

It was nice to see a GTP friend on the track.
It's one of the best race A combos so far in GT7. Another lap would be nice, though.
One of the biggest reasons it's a good combo is because they picked the perfect tires. Any more grip, and it just would not be as fun as it is. 👍

Why does the weather suddenly change between the warm-up and the race start in Race C?

Twice now I've stuck Inters on as the weather map in the warm-up was moving into a big rain storm, then the race starts and the clouds are magically moving in the other direction. :lol:
Yet to try Race C, but I'd argue only start on inters, if the track surface is at least 1/3 of the full bar wet in practice, and even then you need to check if the rain seems to keep going more wet from weather radar. 🤔 But ofc one can always gamble and hope for the best 😄

Only had time for one race today as have something in the outdoors soon 🤣

Since getting back my A DR, I'm always at the ass-end of the pack but it keeps delivering fun racing!

Started dead last but with the exception of an uneventful first lap, the race was great! Lots of close battles, clean racing (aside from one guy who pushed-to-pass, but he got a Karma KO a lap later) and a scary lag-spike on the final lap which caught me off guard and nearly binned it 😅

Managed to keep the car on track and finished P12 so quite happy 😁 Have a great weekend everyone!

I'm sure someone has already shouted this out because I'm late to this week's dailies. The Scirocco on B is very quick if you know how to drive it. Those Medium tyres help a lot.

Edit: seemed to get involved in a lot of incidents this evening. Some my fault, some not.

Last edited:
Has the physics changed with the update? Just did 2 races at the Nurb and it was awful. Understeer into corners, oversteer out of corners. Car snapping randomly even in places it's never snapped before. just undrivable!

How do you check your driver rating percentage?

3 wide in the Alphard at the temple of speed, okaayyy... I loved the old GT sport days with random cars in race A when it was ranked, but I'd prefer Renault Clio's to that.. Why not put the Maverick or one of the other SEMA cars in a one make? That would be cool.

Love Grand Valley but bit bored of Gr.4 cars.

Will keep an open mind though. When I'm looking forward to a combo I'm usually dissapointed, and when I'm not interested initially I can sometimes be suprised.

Last edited:

Variety enjoyers are eating well next week. Like they heard my prayers (rants) about road car races.
Get in there. What a week.

What... the actual... [expletive]???? Monza in a 4wd Van? On Sports Hard tires? Are we auditioning for stunt drivers in some heist movie? Is Don Cheadle working on a new EMP device?

Looks like it's a week getting caught up on Zelda TotK.

This next week will be Gold. And for those dreading the Alphard, give it a go. Been running it in lots of lobbies for different tracks and it's really a lot of fun. Remember, GLHF!!!!

And race A will still be loaded because of the "only race cars are worth driving" crowd. More fun for me in race B and possibly some C.

What... the actual... [expletive]???? Monza in a 4wd Van? On Sports Hard tires? Are we auditioning for stunt drivers in some heist movie? Is Don Cheadle working on a new EMP device?

Looks like it's a week getting caught up on Zelda TotK.
You know, I am actually kinda glad. I've been spending so much time on the N24 track at this week's C the chores have been stacking up.

Daily B, Monza, no chicane, let's use the.............

ferrar-f40-rear.jpg

....na, minivan!!!!:(
:lol:

Race B next week looks like a right laugh, definitely up for that. Even more so that they've decided to go with something wacky like the Alphard. Good to see PD giving road cars some love outside of Race A 👍.

And as others have mentioned, the Alphard is a lot of fun to drive, and some great racing can be had with it. Something I can attest to from lobby races.

Interesting. Race A and B feel exchanged!
I think they did it to let A only Racers have a proper race setup rather than just cars/tuning on Comfort Hards :P

That said monza is great, I'm just not sure where the bus stops are to pick up the passengers in the Alphard....

I set them up as close to Medium BoP as I could. Just 3 laps each as been a busy day but it could be the end of the Silvia dominance for a while..

Unless of course, they change something for Race C next week 🤣

Attachments

• 1885cf27a6e62-screenshotUrl.jpg
    1885cf27a6e62-screenshotUrl.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 9
Back