GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 34,709 comments
I need some help guys. And opinions. Starting P6, I had a good fight for a podium. But to be fair, my last lap last turn overtake is a bit questionable. I feel like the driver in front hits the brake a bit too soon, so I had to move to the left to avoid contact. By doing so, I pretty much launched it into the hairpin and did the overtake for P3 which was not intentional at first. I didn't missed my brakingpoint, I didn't missed the apex and also really did not hit him... At the end of the race I’ve been called dirty by the driver I overtook. Now, I don’t think I agree with that, but maybe I'm missing out on something. So I was wondering how you guys look at a situation like this? You don't need to watch the whole race, the incident is on the last lap at the hairpin.

Time stamps are a thing.....

Being honest it looked like the guy was expecting it, could have been from a previous drama in another race or just thinking DR and SR are more important to him/her/they/them

We all make those kind of errors and that's what they are if you aren't intending it.

Is situational awareness was better than yours but the move stuck mostly due to that persons compliance and getting out of it to be honest.

You didn't seem close enough for the move in to the "braking zone" it's not a switch it's a range to set the car up at any given moment and how I see it from one side is he lifted, gently braked to hit the apex for a good run on to the straight, you looked like you were looking for a move and he pulled out of his line. It's racing but with another driver or a different lobby that's a 2.5s penalty if you t-tone them.

This one was fun! Frustratingly, I forgot to save the race replay.

1685328950910.jpeg

Last edited:
So picked up a win in Race C today, didn't do anything special just kept my nose clean, stayed close to the front runners who fell off due to mistakes or fighting. Mainly Silva Spec-R's. Struggled to keep up down the straight. But the Vantage V8 is a stable platform that can be driving quite hard.

Overall I found Race C to be a bit of a chore. The GR4s feel underpowered in my opinion, especially for this fairly long GT track. Having sunk quite a few laps into Grand Valley Highway mainly in the GR3's. GR4s felt slow in comparison. The regs as expected make it another no-stop hard tire race! GR1, GR2 or Redbull X2019 would have been a better fit. So overall a welcome victory but can't see myself returning this week

GT7 grand highway win.jpeg

Overall I found Race C to be a bit of a chore. The GR4s feel underpowered in my opinion, especially for this fairly long GT track. Having sunk quite a few laps into Grand Valley Highway mainly in the GR3's. GR4s felt slow in comparison. The regs as expected make it another no-stop hard tire race! GR1, GR2 or Redbull X2019 would have been a better fit. So overall a welcome victory but can't see myself returning this week
Generally agree. I find the Gr4 cars feel lethargic; maybe just because I am so used to the Gr3 cars. The latest update did them well, though. They used to be too easy to drive, IMO, where you could just punch the throttle at the apex and they'd stick. At least now, you actually have to drive them as they will get loose on exit. Anyway, I digress.

I will say Gr3 has been done at GV a couple times with another one on the schedule (Nations on Sat) so seeing Gr4 there is cool because it's at least different. I can see myself doing what you did: have a race or two, get kinda bored with the cars, and move on to something else. If it was Gr3, I'd be there all week. But this should be a good combo for the Gr4 lovers.

They need to make more than 3 races. I used to get excited to see the new races on Monday morning and watch the TCR dude while I had my coffee, and thought of strategies. Just like a real life F1 driver does, I imagine. 😆 I think they could add 2 more races and make them so the times are staggered in a way where you are always 5 minutes wait away from a race. Make those 2 new races with no driving aids, only abs default so it will separate the more skilled drivers better and not have twitchy Mcgoo dancing in the corners while you trail brake and feather the throttle like your foot is a butterfly.

Race B is quarky right? Oh Kaz! How zaney!! If you had 5 races it wouldn't be such a waste of a race. Race A, I won't touch because I'll never race dirty to win as a personal policy. Nothing better than getting gangbanged on a straightaway.... Now race C looks fun but the only problem is you have to wait forever to join if your timing is off and if you get taken out early, no sorry.... WHEN you get taken out early and if you back out you get to wait like a half hour again for the only decent race this week. In 2023 this is unacceptable. I was happier with GT5 Prologue online.

Last edited:
They need to make more than 3 races. I used to get excited to see the new races on Monday morning and watch the TCR dude while I had my coffee, and thought of strategies. Just like a real life F1 driver does, I imagine. 😆 I think they could add 2 more races and make them so the times are staggered in a way where you are always 5 minutes wait away from a race. Make those 2 new races with no driving aids, only abs default so it will separate the more skilled drivers better and not have twitchy Mcgoo dancing in the corners while you trail brake and feather the throttle like your foot is a butterfly.

Race B is quarky right? Oh Kaz! How zaney!! If you had 5 races it wouldn't be such a waste of a race. Race A, I won't touch because I'll never race dirty to win as a personal policy. Nothing better than getting gangbanged on a straightaway.... Now race C looks fun but the only problem is you have to wait forever to join if your timing is off and if you get taken out early, no sorry.... WHEN you get taken out early and if you back out you get to wait like a half hour again for the only decent race this week. In 2023 this is unacceptable. I was happier with GT5 Prologue online.
You’re not getting gangbanged on the Suzuka straightaway.

Jumped into 2 races this morning. Why oh why is Race A the best this week? Why is it Gr3 at Suzuka whilst an abomination is race B!?
Started P9 and made up to P5 by the end of the first lap. Someone was right on my tail and lap 2 coming out of the hairpin the car goes. Darn. To make matters worse the car doesn't want to spin back round the right way and I loose years to the other cars just trying to get back the correct way. Some others have issues allowing me to catch back up(this is my best circuit after all). On the last lap someone is trundling along (like it's the M4 in Wales) and I pass them just before 130R to get back to P9. At least no DR was affected.

Tried a Race C. Thought I'd go yank with it being Cali and popped into the Mustang. The car was nice and stable, just what I wanted with this tighter Grand Valley. Started P8 and it fell apart from there. Got a 0.5 penalty for drifting wide towards the hairpin. It negated a couple of spots thanks to spinners. Lap 3 and a car is right on my tail. Heading into the first tunnel. I move right to close the door. Into the braking zone and they try and force the small gap open spinning me out. Moronic driver from that sunny country to the south!
I decide to pit for mediums as I assumed everyone would. Guess I got the Ferrari strategists because most people did a no stop on hards. 1 other also did the same but they were well ahead and started on meds. 2 drivers decided to do the whole race on mediums and I eventually got those places so not quite DFL at the end but the P12 finish was poor. I'm not a fan of the new Grand Valley and would rather spend all my time at Suzuka if only it wasn't rating free.
Ah well it'll be the nations race and that's it for my Sport mode this week.

I´m already missing the Nordschleife race of past week ... it was SO GOOD. Maybe some races should "stay pinned" as special events always available, with Spa and LeMans added to the mix.

Well, it is what it is. Now to get some delivery action on Monza
Yeah, PD should either dedicate Race C to dynamic weather and genuinely strategic races....or as others say, at least one more Daily Race.

Surely the player figures would be enough to fill lobbies consistently?

So picked up a win in Race C today, didn't do anything special just kept my nose clean, stayed close to the front runners who fell off due to mistakes or fighting. Mainly Silva Spec-R's. Struggled to keep up down the straight. But the Vantage V8 is a stable platform that can be driving quite hard.

View attachment 1260733
I put in a sub (early doors) 500th qualifying time and did 3 races.

I have to agree it's a very un fun and draining race for me personally. At least at willow the tyre and fuel made sense this is just using RM to set a time and then pound out 2 min nearly laps with the hope you don't fall off or the person behind does in to you.

Race A would be amazing if ranking was switched on...but it isn't so hey ho. And B is such a rubbish meme race, fun to be had im sure but this week is just a grinding drain.

I get PD are mixing things up but in the wrong way for me personally.

Hell a week of each race being 1 make metas would be more fun, add in some strat to B & C and I'm all over it.

Gonna leave this week here...on a Monday. I grind enough as it is.

I was singing the praises for B pre-race but now that the week has actually come I have to admit I was wrong.

It's so much better.

I thought it would just be a meme for a few races and then get boring really quick but god I've been running this all day and it's insanely fun. The racing is genuinely fantastic and this thing takes proper skill to get round the corners whilst managing its weight and momentum. I cannot recommend giving it a try enough. It's awesome.

I was just in the Alphard lobby with a GTP fella by the name of Civicgsir. Whoever you are, you did a great job keeping it clean despite the absolute mess that particular race was. :cheers: I'm not gonna run that race again but I hope I see you in other Sport races!!

Last edited:
Race B, first corner on Monza in the Alphard is just like a bowling game or flipper game... I want my SR back to S from A, but I don't think that is the race to do it, stupid me qualified and started in 8th place in both races I tried, so I'm in the middle of the mess in turn 1, last race I ended up on third place, gained DR, but lost SR, I will rather lose DR than SR.
Can I start without qual time? Delete it or something? :)

Edit.

Got my S back in race C, went from 12th to 8th as well, since some drivers got 1 min penalty for not changing to Hard tires and maybe other penalties, so I didn't loose any DR either, happy with that. :)

Last edited:
I´m already missing the Nordschleife race of past week ... it was SO GOOD. Maybe some races should "stay pinned" as special events always available, with Spa and LeMans added to the mix.
Last July was the last time we had that track. I had just started doing the Daily Races, and I loved that track so much!! Silly me, I thought it would always be that good. Instead, it took them 10 months to give it to us again, and this time they added weather (which is not my cup of tea, so to speak).

Unbelievable. It just goes to show that PD wouldn't know a good thing if it bit them on the butt.

I feel like the limits on RBR are actually quite lenient. The first corner and last 2 are shaky though. I've mastered the last 2, you just gotta stay clear of the Austrian flags next to the curbs. For the first corner, i'm still not really sure were the track limits are so yeah i get what you're saying. And that's exactly my problem with Grand Valley. The track limits are SO vague. I feel like i get a penalty for everything.
RBR is worse. I get penalties for just looking at the track limits.

The track limits at Grand Valley are just the white lines at the edge of the road I believe.
The only problem I have with it is the white lines aren't at the actual edge of the track surface so half the time its impossible to tell if you've gone over or not because the track undulates and there's no material difference to signify when you've gone over (eg kerb rumble or dirt).
I find it's hard to work around pushing the limits of the circuit when there's no physical feedback for the track limits.

PMK
The track limits on Grand Valley are some of the most frustrating i've ever seen.

The track limits at Grand Valley are just the white lines at the edge of the road I believe.
The only problem I have with it is the white lines aren't at the actual edge of the track surface so half the time its impossible to tell if you've gone over or not because the track undulates and there's no material difference to signify when you've gone over (eg kerb rumble or dirt).
I find it's hard to work around pushing the limits of the circuit when there's no physical feedback for the track limits.
Yeah you pretty much summed up my thoughts.

The lag is becoming annoying. It occurs both in World Series events and Daily Races. It is most noticeable when there are many cars around, particularly at the start, when it is crucial to have minimal lag.

It is impossible to predict the position of other cars accurately due to the lag, as they either seem to fly off the track or appear to have slowed down more than necessary. The former can be easily attributed to lag, but it is difficult to determine if the latter is solely due to lag or if it is actually happening. Consequently, I have to slow down to avoid colliding with them and pushing them off the track, only to realize later that it was just the lag. This creates a dangerous situation as I end up slowing down in areas where I shouldn't.

GV track limits are killing my SR, and Monza in the van doesn’t seem like a good way to restore it.

Close to going back up to DR B so may get there first, and then I can do a couple of clean races at the back to restore the S SR.

Having good results with the Huracan, Supra and Mustang.

Attachments

• IMG_3492.jpeg
    IMG_3492.jpeg
    143.7 KB · Views: 11
Back