GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 34,710 comments
Just had 2 races with no issues. Knock on wood, or woody...

1696070605305.png

EDIT:
but been waiting 10 mins for this one to start...
Crap
Does it definitely affect DR if you quit
Try it and find out! LOL. But yes, I believe it does.

Last edited:
Does it definitely affect DR if you quit
The two times I've hit it, once in race C yesterday, once in the World Series race this morning I left it 50 and 45 minutes before quitting and it didn't affect my DR. Others seem to have had a different experience, it may well be if you quit, then the race does eventually start you lose DR. Whereas in my cases I guess it was left so long the race never happened.

Possibly a stupid question... Does BoP in the daily races negate any loss of power from poor engine oil condition? Just did a race which I felt was great but in garage, noticed the oil was poor (orange) and I gained 15bhp after changing to new oil... 🤔

Last edited:
Caution: Opinion Ahead

Don't fully agree with this. Settings aren't really there to 'improve' the car, just change it. Since everyone drives a bit differently, how much impact those settings have is largely up to the driver. They aren't a magic pill designed to cast seconds from your lap time, obviously.

For me it was a very noticeable difference. For instance, when in full dumbass mode and diving into races w/out updating settings I was well aware of my gaffe by the end of turn 1. The improvements I realized were:
  • Better traction out of tight turns
  • Kerbing could be attacked w/out unsettling the car much, if at all
  • Smoother around the course
All of these things added-up to much stronger lap times and far more consistent races. As cautioned, though, this is through the lens of a party of one.

:cheers:

PS - ...and the 911 can drift beautifully when softened up. Not what you're shooting for, but nice to have when you find yourself there anyway.😁
Great to hear it works for you.

My problem is that I can’t correct for possible placebo effects.
I know this well from music recording, someone tells the engineer that their instrument isn’t loud enough so the engineer (who listens to whole picture and therefore knows better) turns a knob that isn’t active and says something technical about how it will lift that instrument to the forefront of the mix. The musician almost always hears a big difference.

I can’t know that my driving style is perfectly the same from one lap to the other. So how can I possibly tell wether it’s me or the settings?

In the Nordschleiffe NSX TT, my experience was that settings made all the difference. But again, even there Ijust might have fooled myself.
I was hoping that someone with expertise enough to know could enlighten us!?

Just to add I did report this to PD on the very first Daily Race C that was available after the patch (8:30am on Patch day), well reported in the feedback group that is.

Edit: Interesting.... If you get in the race it also comes up with a timer after awhile? When the timer runs out you just go straight to the home page, I've no idea of the impact of DR in this situation.

vlcsnap-2023-09-30-14h54m07s786.png

Last edited:
It's been so long that I was lucky enough to experience such a race, but it happened today! 🥳🎉

Close, intense and clean racing from start to finish with zero contact between drivers! So many times side by side or bumper to bumper for corner entries/ exits! And everyone using their heads to give space and keep enjoying the event! There was contact during the race, but not between myself or the drivers around me.

Started P9 and finished P6 and was great fun!

Attachments

• Race B 30 Sept.jpeg
    Race B 30 Sept.jpeg
    98.8 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Back from holidays, been inactive the last 2/3 weeks. How has everyone's week been so far?

Overall quite happy. Did around 14 Race B so far, 5 wins, 2 podiums, 3 races where I started towards the back and finished mid-pack and about 3 other races taken out from Pole, P2 and P7 in turn 1 lap 1. And one time I threw away a comfy P2 going for fastest lap at the end of the race, spun and finished 8th

Last edited:
Back from holidays, been inactive the last 2/3 weeks. How has everyone's week been so far?
Good to have you back. Sorry to report that there's big issues with the race servers. Or I suppose it could be something in the update (which might explain why it isn't fixed yet), although there've been sporadic issues the past week or two. Now it's just plain terrible.

But here's my secret: I race on my alternate account, and everything's fine although I don't much care about the results. So I switch to my primary account and everything's FUBAR. So I guess it's my secondary account for awhile. :lol: :banghead:

EDIT: Just had a smooth start of the race, no delays. Unfortunately that didn't keep one jerk from being in the race and intentionally taking me out, as retaliation for something I did by mistake, that didn't even cause him to leave the track.

If anyone's keeping track, here's the steps I took:

1) Started with my PS5 powered off.
2) When I got to the opening "Sport" screen, I selected "Test Connectivity Quality".
3) It failed once, then worked.
4) Jumped into the race with less than a minute left.
5) Smooth sailing (until aforementioned jerk).

YMMV

Last edited:
Had 2 straight in races, 2 4 people races.

Can't say I've had a lot of drama with people as I focus on my race craft. 2 wins from the 2 lobbies that loaded fine and 2nd for the 4 people lobbies.

Edit: this random loading of death is really pretty inexcusable for an "online" "game as a service" title.

@Tidgney thank you for reporting this stuff but do they actually acknowledge it?

"We demand your console is always connected to give you the best experience possible, but our online infrastructure is pretty weak and you may not get the best experience....games as a service is the future!!!" - PD (sic)

Last edited:
Just to add I did report this to PD on the very first Daily Race C that was available after the patch (8:30am on Patch day), well reported in the feedback group that is.

Edit: Interesting.... If you get in the race it also comes up with a timer after awhile? When the timer runs out you just go straight to the home page, I've no idea of the impact of DR in this situation.

View attachment 1291433
So I got stuck again and just let it load until it sent me back to the homescreen I think it's the exact same length as this would have been so I suspect it's a 50 minute time limit for Daily Race B before it completely ends the session. Although it's "53" on the clock but it felt the exact same time as this race I've quoted plus the laps.

So I got stuck again and just let it load until it sent me back to the homescreen I think it's the exact same length as this would have been so I suspect it's a 50 minute time limit for Daily Race B before it completely ends the session. Although it's "53" on the clock but it felt the exact same time as this race I've quoted plus the laps.
You, Rory, Kie, and all of us are having this issue. I mean I'd understand if they said they were doing critical infrastructure updates and it should go back to normal. But nothing, just stonewall anything really is disrespectful to the money we spend and the time we invest trying to enjoy their product.

It's just not good enough when they chose to move to this game as a service model. We were all happy they way it was before and the stability.

Edit:

It's so hit and miss now, 2 races fine, 2 eventually loaded and 3 gave up the ghost thought nah I'm on strike today.

This is 3 hours of my life I can't get back waiting for their global conglomerate mega profits to invest in making an actual stable game that doesn't suffer every time they add a few cars and a weather radar....didn't even give us scapes 🤣

It's just embarrassing for them and disappointing as customers.

Last edited:
Yeah, the bottom line is a lot of us are getting roughly 36 minutes of gaming per 120 real life minutes spent at the screen. That's my average, anyway.

I don't quit the delayed races so as not to hurt my SR, but it's artificially inflating my DR when I start in 12th and beat the 8-14 DNFs when the race starts.

I mean, could be worse, it just means I'll spend a week or two in the back. Same thing happened when I turned out to be some kind of Daytona prodigy and went from low-B (sort of my equilibrium point) to mid-A. You A/A+ drivers are  fast.

Last edited:
I don't quit the delayed races so as not to hurt my SR, but it's artificially inflating my DR when I start in 12th and beat the 8-14 DNFs when the race starts.
But what is the point, everyone else has quit.

It's just shoddy that me and you have to wait out their game being terrible to protect SR and DR I'd rather earn or lose in a race.

Both of those come and go so don't waste time or electricity waiting, you'll earn it back in a race or 2 if the servers ever work again....

But what is the point, everyone else has quit.

It's just shoddy that me and you have to wait out their game being terrible to protect SR and DR I'd rather earn or lose in a race.

Both of those come and go so don't waste time or electricity waiting, you'll earn it back in a race or 2 if the servers ever work again....
For sure, the 2-4 player races aren't great unless you were close to start with, then you can get some fun dueling. Mostly everyone just parades through 5 laps in qualifying order.

For sure, the 2-4 player races aren't great unless you were close to start with, then you can get some fun dueling. Mostly everyone just parades through 5 laps in qualifying order.
They can be fun, but I don't like waiting 15 mins for it. That's the bugbear for me.

Knowing the worst I can do is forth isn't the challenge I race for. I'm last loads of times but it's usually dramatic getting there. Just lapping for a super sprint shoot out wears thin really quick after the lobbies that didn't load etc

Possibly a stupid question... Does BoP in the daily races negate any loss of power from poor engine oil condition? Just did a race which I felt was great but in garage, noticed the oil was poor (orange) and I gained 15bhp after changing to new oil... 🤔
BoP negates the loss of speed due to worn fuel.

I had a race just before where it took 10 minutes or so to get in, 7 cars left and 7th was parked on the last turn (Kyoto) the whole race sending messages in chat like "has the race started?" :lol:

Yes mate and you've become a chicane.

Last edited:
Yes mate and you've become a chicane.
I've been called a lot of things in life, but not that!

EDIT at 3:25pm Pacific Time: First race attempt since around 9 this morning. Had a 5 minute wait, but the race started with only 9 people. I was P6 with all A/A+ in front of me. Tanked it on the first set of Esses, back to last. Managed to get it back to P6 at the finish, but I have no idea whether this was good driving on my part, or the ones that stuck around weren't as "good" as me (not sure "good" applies to me, but you know what I mean). I suspect the latter.

Last edited:
So, went racing (sorta) Friday. Was having a good ol' time in my first attempt. Spent next to no time running laps all week so figured I'd struggle at first and get better through the weekend. Forgot to check myself so completely wrecked myself through the esses on the final lap and dropped from P7 to P15. My fault, oh well, on to the next one. Problem is, next one hung, and hung...damn.

Then I remembered seeing the article about shuttin' down 'Sport on 1/31 and started feelin' nostalgic. I could go on about how awesome the racing is...the full grids, the cleanliness. It's like Thanksgiving with no politics or dishes, and I'm lovin' it. Alas, there's another thread for that. 😁

The Honda TT at the 'Ring still works and that's got my attention but, yeah, think this week is a wash for me for racing in '7.

:cheers:

Back